Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Puffin said:

I think the real question here is when are those two gonna start procreating for Jesus? 🤮

My question always is about income.  Our first Christmas 40 years ago, we didn't have enough money for decorations or a tree.  And we both had an income since we were serving in the Army.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

My question always is about income.  Our first Christmas 40 years ago, we didn't have enough money for decorations or a tree.  And we both had an income since we were serving in the Army.

Ditto.

While they have matched Christmas decorations and a bunch of decor..... I don't get the finances of that at all given their age and likely job situation. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Puffin said:

I think the real question here is when are those two gonna start procreating for Jesus? 🤮

I guess God hasn't decided to bless them with children (yet) <smirk>.

7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

While they have matched Christmas decorations and a bunch of decor..... I don't get the finances of that at all given their age and likely job situation. 

Josiah did say during the house tour that his dad was going to furnish the house in order "to stage" it. Maybe he threw in the Christmas decorations as a bonus ;)

8 hours ago, Zella said:

Exactly what other decisions has Si made to compare this one to? 

It's still an odd thing to say, isn't it? It's like the translation is really: Going through with the wedding was the best decision I ever made.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

Why are they taking down the tree now? Is it normal or?

We put up the tree on christmas eve,and take it down od the 6th january (roman catholic from europe here)

Eh, everyone does it differently. My neighbor has hers up the day after Thanksgiving and down the day after Christmas.  We usually put ours up mid December and leave it up until Epiphany.... but this year #1 child went away to college so we actually got the tree when she was home for Thanksgiving... so it is as dry as a bone now. Were going to take it down but had company coming to stay so decided to leave it up a little longer. 

• Love 5
On 12/26/2018 at 9:56 AM, leighdear said:

Actually, that hanging in the dining room looks like a cheap, metal-edged chalkboard that someone has nicely written the saying on.  The lettering on the first row doesn't look precise, and it's not due to the photo angle. 

A chalkboard in a Dining Room?  WTF?

To list the menu and specials of the day? Dusting gives Lauren something to do. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

I usually take my tree down on New Year’s Day cos I have to go to work the next day. Probably doesn’t apply here.

I take down my decorations the first weekend after the New Year.  So here, they're up for a few more days. 

• Love 3

This may be just me, but it bothers me that Josiah says, "You were the best decision I ever made" as opposed to "Marrying you was the best decision I ever made." I don't know, something about that just seems off to me.

• Love 16

My husband is Ukrainian, so I keep the tree up until the end of January.  I always get weird looks, but I enjoy the tree and like to keep his traditions alive, so it works for us.  Of course I've switched to an artificial tree (after lots of weeping from my husband and kids -- who never cleaned up after the real tree!).  This year, I will be sure to put on make up, a nice dress and pearls to take the tree down.  So glad the Duggar have taught me how to do it.  Plus, I'll take lots of pictures!!

• Love 23
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

This picture encapsulates everything that's weird about their marriage.

Can you imagine being alone in your own home with your spouse and wearing that dress and heels? Can you imagine your spouse taking a video of you taking down the Christmas tree and posting it on-line? For what it's worth, I can see taking a video of putting UP your first Christmas tree as a married couple, but taking it down?

They're just so awkward together, they don't even know what it would look like or feel like to be comfortable and happy together.

I don't think her (or their, although you can't see him) outfits are what makes them awkward or weird, or that they're posting a video of taking down the tree vs. putting it up. It's their interaction with each other. Their banter doesn't feel natural; Lauren even ignores him completely when he makes a joke. Maybe as someone else said, they are just doing this for the benefit of their SM followers and it's rehearsed, but then I would have expected her to laugh in response to his being "funny."

I'm guessing this is pretty close to their natural state and their lack of ease around each other is attributable to the fact that they just don't have the chemistry of, say, Jinger and Jeremy (who looked like they were ready to jump each other during their courtship) and that they are likely still getting used to each other (thanks to the stupid courtship standards forced upon them by their cul--uh, I mean families).

• Love 13

The point of the picture was to obviously show off Lauren's flat belly, although it does look like she's sucking it in. It's weird that they keep showing off her flat belly, thought these people were supposed proud of getting immediately pregnant and wearing tight belly-hugging shirts.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

The point of the picture was to obviously show off Lauren's flat belly, although it does look like she's sucking it in. It's weird that they keep showing off her flat belly, thought these people were supposed proud of getting immediately pregnant and wearing tight belly-hugging shirts.

I wish I had her figure. Maybe I did once, but I don't remember. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I wish I had her figure. Maybe I did once, but I don't remember. 

Lauren does have a fantastic shape; petite but curvy. I really can't figure out why she didn't wait a few more years for marriage. She could've done way better than Si.

• Love 24
8 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Why are they taking down the tree now? Is it normal or?

We put up the tree on christmas eve,and take it down od the 6th january (roman catholic from europe here)

I put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving. I take it down either New Years Eve or New Years Day, depending on my work schedule. I figure 4-5 weeks is good. I love the lights, et al, but as soon as Christmas is over with, I am over the holidays. 

• Love 10

I had Christmas decor up before thanksgiving ( I know, I am one of those. No apologies. I'll probably be decorating the day after Halloween next year.) and I took it down on NYE. Mostly because my husband was home to help me with the baby so I had a good opportunity. 

I think they posted the side profile of Lauren to get us to speculate, lol.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Exactly. This is clearly to get people talking about her being pg or not. It’s too obviously showing us s flat, sucked-in belly. 

• Love 4
On 12/7/2018 at 6:03 PM, DangerousMinds said:

But how many of us go to amusement parks regularly as adults?

I go to Disney World every weekend and I'm an adult. We also have annual passes for Sea World and will have Universal Studios pretty soon. 

I think it has to do with proximity. I have friends in San Antonio that are constantly at Six Flags. Silver Dollar isn't too far from them. I see it as one of the more normal things they do.  

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, graefin said:

I don't think her (or their, although you can't see him) outfits are what makes them awkward or weird, or that they're posting a video of taking down the tree vs. putting it up. It's their interaction with each other. Their banter doesn't feel natural; Lauren even ignores him completely when he makes a joke. Maybe as someone else said, they are just doing this for the benefit of their SM followers and it's rehearsed, but then I would have expected her to laugh in response to his being "funny."

I'm guessing this is pretty close to their natural state and their lack of ease around each other is attributable to the fact that they just don't have the chemistry of, say, Jinger and Jeremy (who looked like they were ready to jump each other during their courtship) and that they are likely still getting used to each other (thanks to the stupid courtship standards forced upon them by their cul--uh, I mean families).

So the bolded point reminds me of Howard and Bernadette's dynamic in the early part of their relationship on The Big Bang Theory. The joke was that Howard would crack a joke and Bernadette would say that she didn't get it, but as the relationship progressed, she would laugh at Howard's jokes even though she didn't think they were that funny. Explanation? He lit up when she laughed at his jokes. Lauren doesn't do that, whether Josiah is legitimately funny or not.

• Love 10

I'm about an hour/hour-and-a-half south of Silver Dollar City. A lot of people around here (including otherwise responsible, normal people and/or non-fundies) make it part of their Christmas tradition to go see the lights and shows and whatnot. I went last week for the first time in years because family was here, and other relatives have an annual tradition of going and invited us along. I used to go a couple times a year when I was in college on their local free days, but I was always in it more for the roller coasters, which is how I spent most of my time last week despite being 29. . . . 

I wouldn't make an effort to go if it weren't so convenient--and would love to go somewhere with other roller coasters--but I know a lot of people who live several hours away and still make at least a once a year stop there. 

I honestly think going to SDC regularly is probably one of the more normal things the Duggars do. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, awaken said:

Exactly. This is clearly to get people talking about her being pg or not. It’s too obviously showing us s flat, sucked-in belly. 

This certainly won’t have the effect of making us wonder if her husband is gay or not.

• Love 10
On 1/1/2019 at 11:06 AM, ozziemom said:

I usually take my tree down on New Year’s Day cos I have to go to work the next day. Probably doesn’t apply here.

Mine came down yesterday. New kitten this year. My old late cat didn't care much about it, this one thought it was his new toy. I had it half decorated and he still grabbed ornaments. It came down once and was held in place by weights. I hope he is better next year, I missed having a nice tree. 

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Mine came down yesterday. New kitten this year. My old late cat didn't care much about it, this one thought it was his new toy. I had it half decorated and he still grabbed ornaments. It came down once and was held in place by weights. I hope he is better next year, I missed having a nice tree. 

My cat likes to lie on the tree skirt.  It's cute, like she thinks she's outside under a real tree.  

Lauren seems like she has very little of a sense of humor.  The two together are dull as dirt.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

My cat likes to lie on the tree skirt.  It's cute, like she thinks she's outside under a real tree.  

Lauren seems like she has very little of a sense of humor.  The two together are dull as dirt.

My late cat did the same thing too in his younger years. I used to put my manger scene under the tree, but after he became "part of it", it went elsewhere. My cat also used to barf on the tree skirt every year. 

I have to agree, they don't seem that exciting. Whatever spirit Josiah had was taken out of him in ALERT. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

My favorite part was when he kept saying "I love you baby" awkwardly and Lauren ignored him. 

She so secretly hates him. Maybe she got her check from Boob up front?

• Love 18