Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

Korean skincare.  Asians really value clean and pure skin, and everyone in Korea had glowing, blemish free, white skin.  Yeah, colorism is also a big issue...but if you’re okay looking like you’ve never seen the sun, use the products and you will have incredible skin within months.  

• Love 7
On 9/27/2018 at 7:16 AM, JoanArc said:

Yes, it's not different than OTC acne treatments, but the premium price and 'guaranteed results' ensure people stick with it. It's no different than paying for crazy diets that amount to eating fewer calories. 

Proactiv was the original and the OTC are mere copycats that came out a few years after.  I used Proactiv in the 90's due to suffering with horrible cystic acne from ages 23 to 28.  (My complexion as a teenager was flawless--go figure).  After about 3 weeks of using Proactiv, my face was clear.  It was like a miracle.  I'd recommend it to anyone.  Are you listening, Josiah? 

This post has been brought to you by the folks at Proactiv.  :-)

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 8

Josiah’s over the top reaction to kissing Lauren is just...a little boy trying too hard to prove how happy and in love and lust he is...

I won’t be shocked if Lauren is already pregnant and won’t be shocked if they still haven’t had sex.  The evangelical movement has started encouraging couples to go at their own pace once married and many suggest planning on not having sex on your wedding night. The idea is basically “to ensure you are pure get married way too fast then wait til you are ready physically.” 

Tis better to get married way too early when you both are super immature than risk going to 3rd base with your significant other. 

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 15

So after all the ridiculous stunts this kid has played at everyone else's weddings, all of the sudden he and Lauren are super special and it's hands off on HIS day? Oh hell no!. That's just not how this works. Just for asking me not to I would be rappelling, juggling, etc., the shit out of that wedding.

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 18

OK, we know what Josiah did at Joe/Kendra's wedding, but what has he done at all of the other weddings?

ETA: At Smuganna's wedding, the forgetting the rings was all JD, who was the best man.

Edited by madpsych78
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

OK, we know what Josiah did at Joe/Kendra's wedding, but what has he done at all of the other weddings?

ETA: At Smuganna's wedding, the forgetting the rings was all JD, who was the best man.

Wasn't the Smuggars' getaway car "decorated," too? After Smuggar told them not to do it? I have a memory of Josiah being involved in that act of selfishness, although it could have been any J-boy. 

• Love 1
On 9/28/2018 at 2:33 PM, Valerie said:

Can confirm, the Korean skin routine is awesome. Doesn’t need to be products specifically from Korea but the method of layering watery products and targeted serums is game-changing.

Can you pass along the brand you use?  I am curious and want to give this a whirl.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Can you pass along the brand you use?  I am curious and want to give this a whirl.

Different poster, but Laneige, Son and Park, and CosRx are good brands. Amazon has better prices and selection than Ulta. 

Were any of the Duggarettes' getaway cars "decorated"? (I keep thinking of M'Lynn Eatenton.) 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

Different poster, but Laneige, Son and Park, and CosRx are good brands. Amazon has better prices and selection than Ulta. 

Were any of the Duggarettes' getaway cars "decorated"? (I keep thinking of M'Lynn Eatenton.) 

Thank you!  I was just looking at Amazon.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Can you imagine JB & Mechelle's faces if the getaway car were covered in prophylactics? I guess it would be a good way to prevent using them for their actual purpose.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I am a big fan of Tony Moly, and I like nature republic, Etude House, Jayjun, and stealing my mom’s SK II.

I wonder if Josiah’s skin might also be related to stress?  He’s out of the house now and the only person watching him is dumb Little Lauren.  If he is gay, or just pretending in this marriage, it’s got to be a huge weight off his shoulders.

• Love 2

I wonder if poor Jana felt ridiculous being a bridesmaid when the average age of the bridal party was probably 19. I'm kind of surprised they chose her in the first place. She never struck me as being particularly close to Si, and I can't imagine she's close to Lauren given that they're a decade apart. I guess they felt they owed it to her in exchange for making the dresses.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if poor Jana felt ridiculous being a bridesmaid when the average age of the bridal party was probably 19. I'm kind of surprised they chose her in the first place. She never struck me as being particularly close to Si, and I can't imagine she's close to Lauren given that they're a decade apart. I guess they felt they owed it to her in exchange for making the dresses.

I was guessing between making the dresses, hosting the bridal shower, and as a way to recognize her as the "unofficial" mother of the groom.

• Love 19

Lauren's little blonde sister is so adorable! She will be a knockout. Jana's hair looks really pretty here too. The dresses in general look better here too. Does anyone else find that clothes ALWAYS look like they fit you better right after you put them on? I prefer to take pictures at the beginning of a night, because things look ill-fitted as time goes on. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Lauren's little blonde sister is so adorable! She will be a knockout. Jana's hair looks really pretty here too. The dresses in general look better here too. Does anyone else find that clothes ALWAYS look like they fit you better right after you put them on? I prefer to take pictures at the beginning of a night, because things look ill-fitted as time goes on. 

The sister is like The Babysitter's Club version of Daenerys Targaryen. Where does she get that white-blonde hair from? 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The sister is like The Babysitter's Club version of Daenerys Targaryen. Where does she get that white-blonde hair from? 

I was wondering the same thing myself! Maybe it's bleached? I just can't see a fundie family letting their young daughter bleach her hair, plus her skin is really light too. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I was wondering the same thing myself! Maybe it's bleached? I just can't see a fundie family letting their young daughter bleach her hair, plus her skin is really light too. 

No I don’t think so. I think it’s natural, probably inherited from a grandparent. She’s pretty young still, it will probably darken by the time she’s in her late teens, to a more honey blond color. She is very cute- all of Lauren’s siblings seem adorable and well cared for. 

• Love 3

I was born a redhead. Hair fell out and eventually grew in when I was 2 1/2 - thus my mother scotch taping bows to my head!  When it grew back in I was a towhead blonde like Lauren's little sister.  My mother was a brunette and my father a super dark brunette.  All 4 of my grandparents had black hair - one grandmother's hair was so black they called it blue.  Genetics, it's a roulette wheel.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

This...is amazing. I needed that laugh. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I was born a redhead. Hair fell out and eventually grew in when I was 2 1/2 - thus my mother scotch taping bows to my head!  When it grew back in I was a towhead blonde like Lauren's little sister.  My mother was a brunette and my father a super dark brunette.  All 4 of my grandparents had black hair - one grandmother's hair was so black they called it blue.  Genetics, it's a roulette wheel.

That happened to my grandmother. When she was ten, she had major surgery, and they had to shave her head. She had fair blonde hair, and it grew back in curly and black! It also stayed mostly black until she died at 90. It's amazing how that works sometimes!

• Love 7

My hair was white blond as a kid and my mom was always accused of bleaching it. My own kids were white blonde and I got the same shit my mom did about bleaching it. Their (sperm donor of a) father had dark auburn hair but my blonde hair sure did dominate. Just as @Scarlett45 said, me and both of my kids ended up with darker, honey type hair as adults. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Everytime I think of Si and Lauren, I come to this thread wondering if Lauren has stabbed Siah yet!?!?!?! She seems like the type to hurt him and run off.

Or she'll slip something in his gluten-free pancakes. 

• Love 3
On 9/28/2018 at 7:48 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Proactiv was the original and the OTC are mere copycats that came out a few years after.  I used Proactiv in the 90's due to suffering with horrible cystic acne from ages 23 to 28.  (My complexion as a teenager was flawless--go figure).  After about 3 weeks of using Proactiv, my face was clear.  It was like a miracle.  I'd recommend it to anyone.  Are you listening, Josiah? 

This post has been brought to you by the folks at Proactiv.  :-)

Me too, same age,during the same time period.  All these years later and I’m still recommending it because it was so much like a miracle to me!

• Love 1
On 10/3/2018 at 10:12 PM, DragonFaerie said:

I was a gray eyed brunette when I was born, then at some point morphed into a hazel eyed towhead blonde until I hit my teen years, and now I’m a brown eyed dishwater blonde (not really blonde, not really brunette).  At least I assume that’s still my hair color...haven’t really seen my natural color in a couple decades.  My parents are both brown eyed brunettes.  I have two blue eyed towheaded blond brothers with fair skin and my sister has super dark hair and eyes and has an olive complexion.  We all resemble/mirror a different blood relative. Genetics are indeed a roulette wheel.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

They didn't go and see Lady Gaga's new movie. This one (Gosnell) was anti-abortion, I believe.

(fun times)

Screenshot_20181014-012256.jpg

Of course it was. ? I guess that explains the E-list cast... I can’t remember the last time I saw Dean Cain’s puffy face in a movie. I’m just surprised they didn’t cast Kirk Cameron instead.

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Not a serial killer.

He was convicted of murdering three full term infants post birth and causing the death of a woman by perforating her bowels with filthy equipment. According to the testimony of his staff, he probably killed dozens more infants after they were born, but the remains that they found in his clinic were too decomposed to determine if they were born alive. He kept "trophies" such as severed feet in jars. If he weren't operating out of a so-called abortion clinic, few would dispute that he was a serial killer.

I'm a bit surprised they went to see the movie. It is rated PG-13 and is not overtly Christian. Although some characters are Christian, it does not promote belief in God or a salvation experience. The movie even highlights the fact that the prosecutors in charge of the case were pro choice.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, sleepysuzy said:

He was convicted of murdering three full term infants post birth and causing the death of a woman by perforating her bowels with filthy equipment. According to the testimony of his staff, he probably killed dozens more infants after they were born, but the remains that they found in his clinic were too decomposed to determine if they were born alive. He kept "trophies" such as severed feet in jars. If he weren't operating out of a so-called abortion clinic, few would dispute that he was a serial killer.

I'm a bit surprised they went to see the movie. It is rated PG-13 and is not overtly Christian. Although some characters are Christian, it does not promote belief in God or a salvation experience. The movie even highlights the fact that the prosecutors in charge of the case were pro choice.

If the the movie isn't anti-choice, why they would highlight that? I can't imagine a soul who would think this MD ran a sound practice.

• Love 9

That is the first time I have ever seen Lauren with an actual expression. I'm impressed.

I've read it so many times that people don't like her and think she's a stuck up nasty bitch but haven't really figured out why anyone thinks that. Does anyone care to explain?

• Love 4