Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, sixlets said:

I'm wondering if this is Lauren's dress.    Less than $22 with shipping, which seems reasonable for an Easter dress.

Nope, that dress has gathers....hers is very fitted.

I think she's cute........however, viewing that dress gave me a claustrophobic attack. Looks like heavy fabric.

Josiah looks OK...the pants need ironing, but they're not too long with those boots. They almost look like a normal young couple (if we didn't know better).

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

I'm with you. It's not Lauren's fault that Josiah had a failed courtship. The thread title implies that Josiah is marrying her out of desperation because he couldn't find anyone better. I hope she doesn't read this board, because she doesn't deserve that.

Sadly it is not Josiah who wanted to get married out of desperation, but it more of JB's sick desperation to get his sons who are over the age of eighteen married off as soon as possible in my opinion. He got Josh married off first, then his four daughters who were Josh's victims married off quickly, now his next oldest sons except for JD are up for auction. I bet he is working on getting JD and/or Jana married off, but no bites, or they are holding out on not wanting to get married.

18 hours ago, TomServo said:

Did I miss the conversation about the fact that if you say Josiah's nickname or Twitter handle out loud, it sounds like you're saying, "side hugger"?

I believe it's been brought up a time or two, but it still cracks me up every time :)

• Love 5

I'll give props that it's actual dishes and silverware but um, I think I'll pass.  

Looks like 1/2 bag of mixed salad coated in dressing with 2 burnt sandwiches where the cheese doesn't appear even gooey and a bag of potato chips.   Hope whatever he's working on today he's burning some major calories.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I'll give props that it's actual dishes and silverware but um, I think I'll pass.  

Looks like 1/2 bag of mixed salad coated in dressing with 2 burnt sandwiches where the cheese doesn't appear even gooey and a bag of potato chips.   Hope whatever he's working on today he's burning some major calories.

At first I thought it was a club sandwich  because of  the (overly) toasted bread,  lunchmeat & unmelted cheese & even the way she staged it on the plate. But upon further looking the lunchmeat looks like bologna & who makes a club sandwich with bologna?  A Monte Cristo also crossed my mind because the burned bread could pass as French toast but that is too worldly a sandwich for them (but one of my favorites.) 

I guess the hashtag #workbreak is supposed to insinuate he works. Ha ha, can't fool us unless he means playing dominoes with his useless brothers.

• Love 13

I'll admit, if I'm making a new dish I might take a picture of that at least for myself (for example, I cut zucchini into zucchini noodles for the first time and then paired with a Brazilian steak). But the meal above is meh - it doesn't look bad (although it seems to be a lot for one person), but nothing special.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She sure made up for the sandwich deficit she may face with this spread. This could have fed three people for a decent lunch. 

Pretty soon Si will be sporting a figure that looks just like Moobs Josh (moobs = man boobs).  At 25 he will have the hairline and waistline of a 55 year old man.  I am sorry Lauren.  You are a young girl and will marry Benjamin Buttons in reverse.

• Love 16

Looks like my "cooking" at 18 or 19 or however old she is. Girl should not be getting married! She should be eating at the college cafeteria and making a sandwich in the dorm on Saturday if she's feeling lazy!

• Love 19
12 hours ago, Barb23 said:

At first I thought it was a club sandwich  because of  the (overly) toasted bread,  lunchmeat & unmelted cheese & even the way she staged it on the plate. But upon further looking the lunchmeat looks like bologna & who makes a club sandwich with bologna?  A Monte Cristo also crossed my mind because the burned bread could pass as French toast but that is too worldly a sandwich for them (but one of my favorites.) 

I am soooo now craving Monte Cristo sandwiches - those are sooo yummy.

I guess I was sort of shocked at her quality of cooking because by the time I was 9 or 10, I was responsible for making the family dinner one day a week - mostly things like casseroles, or lasagna with healthy salads and fresh baked biscuits or bread, and by the time I was 14, I was involved in so many afterschool activities, like sports practice and music rehearsals and dance practice and a small part time job that I was responsible for my own dinners.  My dad left around 5 am to go to work so they had dinner around 5 pm and if you weren't there, you were responsible for making your own food and we didn't have things like lean cuisine back then LOL.

• Love 6

It looks like grilled turkey and cheese to me.  A decent lunch, and she appears to have transported it to him at an outside table somewhere.  I’m actually impressed. But then, I’m not a very good cook myself, so I cut other people slack. 

Wish we had seen the Si and Lauren: side huggars comment when we were picking title names. I love it. 

• Love 6

Yeah, everybody has to learn to cook sometime... the problem is that Si thought it was marvelous enough to warrant Instagramming it.  I feel like most women learning cookery don't want their burnt sandwiches memorialized.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, CheeseBurgh said:

Am I counting wrong or are there 5 half sandwiches on that plate? 

Lauren's probably on the mandated pre-wedding starvation diet, so I assume the half sandwich was hers.

• Love 12
(edited)

Now it looks like the show is trying to shoehorn SiRen into a plot; *someone* wound up in Laredo yesterday and are leaving this evening. They were already in TX, and we know they fudge timelines while traveling, so...

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
On 4/8/2018 at 10:37 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Good heavens, I'm the one who suggested the thread title and I can tell you that is not at all how I meant it!

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your intention, Celia. Thanks for clarifying.

• Love 1
On 4/8/2018 at 9:14 PM, humbleopinion said:

Why it is permissible for Lauren to smash her boob into Jo-sigh...not a side hug...

Kendrab smushed her boobies into Joe...she changed the definition of a side hug for engaged Duggs...

And when you look at the photo (and I apologize for this, but if I have to notice it, I'M TAKING YOU ALL WITH ME), Si is not used to such physical contact and his hand is trying to address the issue (and "little Si" dresses right apparently). (And/or he's just a TYPICAL YOUNG MAN WHO HAS NORMAL REACTIONS TO PHYSICAL CONTACT BUT HAD TO PROPOSE TO A WOMAN BECAUSE JESUS.)

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 10
On 4/8/2018 at 6:02 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Now it looks like the show is trying to shoehorn SiRen into a plot; *someone* wound up in Laredo yesterday and are leaving this evening. They were already in TX, and we know they fudge timelines while traveling, so...

I spy with my little eye....

black Arizona style Birkenstock sandals. 

Not the Joanna Gaines inspired taupe suede ones, but it looks like she’s riding the Magnolia train too.

I read a caption on this site (from one of these morons’ IG page) about “driving 438 miles to go to Magnolia Market.” That’s a seven hour drive without potty breaks. 

Then I asked myself, “What the hell is worth driving 438 miles for? What would I drive 438 miles, one way, to see or do?” 

My answer: nothing.

I’d get on a plane, rent a car and value the quality of my life if I wanted to travel 438 miles to see or do something.

Because I was curious, I checked Google maps for the distance between Waco and Laredo. It’s 337 miles (five hour drive) between the two cities.

It’s not even the halfway point between Laredo and the TTH, so I’m dying to know if Waco is the Fundy version of Vegas or something? I can see the older girls taking a road trip for home project ideas, but taking your kids and bored husbands?

Forget taking your kids to Legoland or Disneyland/DisneyWorld! (I wonder if Legos & Disney are Fundy approved?) Let’s spend hours in a car, pay for gas and a hotel and have a thrilling long weekend at the Magnolia Market! What kid wouldn’t love that???

(I’m NO fan of Anna at all, but it’s too bad she probably doesn’t even know about Legoland, let alone would she probably ever plan a vacation that is child-centered, especially since her kids are the perfect ages for the park.) 

I wonder if they even know there’s a university in Waco that might defraud their brains if they make a wrong turn and end up near Baylor?

Zero snark aside, does anyone here know something I don’t about why the Duggar make so many damn trips to Waco? Do they then pop into the car for another 5 hours to see JinJer or do JinJer make a 5 hour trip to see them for a weekend? 

• Love 10

I would not drive 5 minutes to enrich the Gaines since I don't like their beliefs. We did drive 7 hours yesterday because it is easier than flying and now we have our car. Plus we listened to a good book. I love a road trip. 

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I would not drive 5 minutes to enrich the Gaines since I don't like their beliefs. We did drive 7 hours yesterday because it is easier than flying and now we have our car. Plus we listened to a good book. I love a road trip. 

Me too!  I have been a great car traveler since I was small & my dad would leave me my own little space in the back of our station wagon between the suitcases.  This was the 60 & 70's before seatbelts.  

But there's no way I would want to travel for hours in the Stink Bus or the Smugs broken down RV with this group.  I'm hoping Jana got to to drive the bus so she could concentrate on the road & not caring for crying kiddos.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

5e9c24b2-5777-4e8f-9148-93a831577693.thumb.jpg.ef28ce15d7f2e43fa4f7eb837f15ab41.jpg

Ewww... put the hat back on

So far, every single photo they have shown us of Lauren, from the beginning, has looked the same.  Her countenance is seemingly frozen into the exact same, but lovely, smile.

Does she not have any variance of mood or reactions?

She is looking more and more Stepford wifey the more I see her.

Now do you see the gnome resemblance in Jason?

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Bridget said:

I spy with my little eye....

black Arizona style Birkenstock sandals. 

Not the Joanna Gaines inspired taupe suede ones, but it looks like she’s riding the Magnolia train too.

I read a caption on this site (from one of these morons’ IG page) about “driving 438 miles to go to Magnolia Market.” That’s a seven hour drive without potty breaks. 

Then I asked myself, “What the hell is worth driving 438 miles for? What would I drive 438 miles, one way, to see or do?” 

My answer: nothing.

I’d get on a plane, rent a car and value the quality of my life if I wanted to travel 438 miles to see or do something.

Because I was curious, I checked Google maps for the distance between Waco and Laredo. It’s 337 miles (five hour drive) between the two cities.

It’s not even the halfway point between Laredo and the TTH, so I’m dying to know if Waco is the Fundy version of Vegas or something? I can see the older girls taking a road trip for home project ideas, but taking your kids and bored husbands?

Forget taking your kids to Legoland or Disneyland/DisneyWorld! (I wonder if Legos & Disney are Fundy approved?) Let’s spend hours in a car, pay for gas and a hotel and have a thrilling long weekend at the Magnolia Market! What kid wouldn’t love that???

(I’m NO fan of Anna at all, but it’s too bad she probably doesn’t even know about Legoland, let alone would she probably ever plan a vacation that is child-centered, especially since her kids are the perfect ages for the park.) 

I wonder if they even know there’s a university in Waco that might defraud their brains if they make a wrong turn and end up near Baylor?

Zero snark aside, does anyone here know something I don’t about why the Duggar make so many damn trips to Waco? Do they then pop into the car for another 5 hours to see JinJer or do JinJer make a 5 hour trip to see them for a weekend? 

Carlin Bates posted on instagram that she found irony at wearing Minnie Mouse ears at Disney (she's there with Evan right now) when she's never seen any cartoons with Minnie Mouse. So, maybe---though it's nothing but Nike.