Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

On 3/29/2018 at 11:24 AM, DOBABYR said:

Well, at least Lauren doesn’t look like similar to his sisters....that’s all I got 

I literally said that she looks like someone tried to clone Jessa in a lab and accidentally mixed some Anna in the concoction.

• Love 16
On 3/29/2018 at 4:28 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Mid-May so TLC can get a Sweeps Special wedding into the programming schedule. After all, we've seen how many weddings before the courtships now? Why should SiRen be any different?

I'm sure you're right. We'll eventually  see the usual Duggar wedding prep season after next. Maybe they'll shake it up a little & bring Sierra & her chocolate covered  strawberries back as wedding coordinator. I think Laura needs a break & Sierra does bring a level of craziness to the fold.  

• Love 3
On 3/29/2018 at 3:15 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

If a guy went out of his way to purposely propose to me in front of pre-arranged bales of hay, I'd run the other freaking way. WTF. 

I was going to say it beats Joe asking Kendra in the field where his family's house once stood with family members right next to you. But then I remembered that was the courtship asking, not proposal.  I'm still up in the air about Joe asking Kendra to marry him at the Joystin wedding. 

• Love 3
On 3/29/2018 at 11:24 AM, DOBABYR said:

Well, at least Lauren doesn’t look like similar to his sisters....that’s all I got 

But she does seem like MeChelle in size and when when she was seated and had her picture taken from the back she looked like MeChelle.

Anyhoo why hasn't Josiah and his best friend not announced a wedding day yet?

• Love 2

They haven't announced wedding days for quite some time. Remember the hullaballoo when Jinger's date was leaked by JRod after all of the Duggars' attempts to keep the date secret?

• Love 1

I still think none of these proposals are real surprises. The camera crew has to block the scene and there is probably more than one “take”. Then the camera angles from all directions. Remember Jingers surprise with tape on the floor marking where she was supposed to stand. 

• Love 18
On 3/29/2018 at 12:24 PM, DOBABYR said:

Maybe they're trying to widen the family tree branches and breed the 'fabulous' out

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I still think none of these proposals are real surprises. The camera crew has to block the scene and there is probably more than one “take”. Then the camera angles from all directions. Remember Jingers surprise with tape on the floor marking where she was supposed to stand. 

Exactly. And on the big day, every girl just happens to have their nails professionally manicured *eyeroll*.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Exactly. And on the big day, every girl just happens to have their nails professionally manicured *eyeroll*.

Maybe she enjoys getting manicures and makes it a priority. Not everything is a setup (obviously the desk, photos, other props were). 

2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

If that were white instead of floral on white, she could wear it as a wedding dress, meet modesty requirements, and still look very nice. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, lulu69 said:
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Maybe they're trying to widen the family tree branches and breed the 'fabulous' out

Sorry sista but the fabulous is still there in full view.

TFDW#2 is alive and well no matter how many visits to ALERT he went through.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think they both look nice. Josiah looks better than what we've seen in a loooong time.

I think he always looks a little better when he's dressed for an occasion rather than just wearing standard-issue Duggar Wear. 

• Love 3

Lauren has a very intriguing face. It's like all her individual features are pretty but also slightly too big for her head. Lovely eyes but they cover half her face, cute nose but extra pointy, sweet smile but very big and gummy, nice jawline but with a huge dimple in her chin. It's a face that stands out. IMO her features create a pleasant whole but in a slightly odd sort of way. Perhaps it's because we only see her near the exceptionally bland Duggars that I find her so unusual looking (but in a good way).

• Love 13
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think they both look nice. Josiah looks better than what we've seen in a loooong time.

Josiah does look nice, but needs better shoes to really make the look. I get what she's going for, but the look is too old for a girl her age. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I like that she is actually trying to look cute, and not donning frump wear! For all MeChelle blathers on about wearing feminine apparel, there is nothing feminine to me about denim skirts and plain tees / polos. In fact, that looks to me like trying to dress masculine while still following the skirts only rule. Lauren seems to be genuinely feminine in her clothing tastes to me, as do Kendra and Jinger. Just because clothing is a dress doesn't make it look feminine! In fact, a pair of well-cut pants and cute blouse are a billion times more feminine than a long denim skirt and red polo. 

I like the dress.  It shows off her figure while looking both feminine and modest.  Josiah from the waist up is nice.  MEN - it's called and IRON.  I know it's a 4 letter word but Military men and women use it all the time.  Those pants of his look like he pulled them out from a crumbled up pile under a bed.  They also appear too tight in the groin area and are too long and need to be hemmed properly.  Guess it's a side effect of we share all the clothes, but even then dude, IRON and bloodly hell, pin or tape the cuffs up so that you look nice.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Josiah does look nice, but needs better shoes to really make the look. I get what she's going for, but the look is too old for a girl her age. 

Agree.  The dress looks matronly on her.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

They also appear too tight in the groin area

That's just a little something something for Lauren. 

Omg, I'm really sorry I even thought that, much less posted it. 

• Love 20

Michelle Williams' wide jaw and mouth and Angelina Jolie's too wide apart eyes... face morph....will make an approximation Ren's face

Joe asked Kendrab to take "it to the next level" at a SLAB of concrete...not a field.

Don't make it sound romantic...so hillbilly to have a sentimental concrete slab....

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Lauren looks pretty, but they're not remotely convincing as a couple. 

ITA it's truly like the thread name says, he has to marry somebody. She was available and she said YES. Poor Josiah has no choices in life. He would have been a great student if he was allowed to further his education. He seems very bright and wants to know more than he was taught at home. #FREEJOSIAH

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

ITA it's truly like the thread name says, he has to marry somebody. She was available and she said YES. Poor Josiah has no choices in life. He would have been a great student if he was allowed to further his education. He seems very bright and wants to know more than he was taught at home. #FREEJOSIAH

I think this is about as "free" as Josiah will ever get. Once they're married, they'll be able to move into a home of their own. Josiah will be able (probably) to use the bathroom without a "buddy" to supervise. If he wants to study, he can take on-line courses like Ben does. He can surf the internet, buy a television for his home, listen to whatever he chooses as he's driving (alone!) to work. Once the babies start coming, of course, there will be less "freedom" so I hope they enjoy this time while they can.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

This makes me happy. I love seeing him back in a bowtie! They both look not like everyone else. That little bit of individualism - on both of their parts - is a hit for me!

I like the outfit choices a lot. Yes his pants could use an iron but all in all they look happy, Easter casual 2018 and like they tried!

• Love 14
6 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Florals like that are very on-trend. She looks nice and wouldn’t be out of place in a mainstream Protestant congregation.

My SIL & nephew's girlfriend both had floral dresses on at Easter.  Lauren would have fit right in.  

What is the name of the ladies clothing line the Fundies like to sell? I think Meri Brown from Sister Wives sells it. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

My SIL & nephew's girlfriend both had floral dresses on at Easter.  Lauren would have fit right in.  

What is the name of the ladies clothing line the Fundies like to sell? I think Meri Brown from Sister Wives sells it. 

You mean LulaRoe? LulaRoe is basically lounge/comfort wear without an athletic feel to it (some of it is VERY soft and pleasurable to wear). 

Lauren’s dress doesn’t fit into that aesthetic though. I am not into florals but I like her dress especially for Easter. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, floridamom said:

"How does she walk? The bottom of the dress looks very fitted."

That's to make sure she keeps her legs together while in the company of Josiah.

You win the internet today!

• Love 10