Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Chapter Thirty: The Noose Tightens

• Start Topic

I'm late with this...

Really? You have Pappa Poutine and Lenny & Carl? lol... If they're going to keep the indiscreet mentions from the simpsons, I do expect someone to say "Stay out of Riverdale" at one point in the show!

Oh god, can we please be done with the Lodges?! Yes, we know they're up to no good, plotting their takeover of a small town, yes, we know they have ties with the mob and some are bound to get pissed but it's enough now! EIther make them takeover the place or make them fail in whatever fashion, it's been stretched out way too long now! It is intriguing to see the whatnots and the fallouts of their actions but bleh... Of course Archie becomes Hiram's bitch, of course he's going to bring in the bulldogs to his cause and sacrifice the elections... They really have made Archie super-unlikeable right now aren't they?

Come on, turning his back on his own dad? That's harsh, Archie! Kudos for Mary to point out that he's changed!! I'm surprised how the parents are totally like, not going on his ass for being an annoying jerk! And then becoming one of hiram's personal bodyguard/driver for Veronica who looks sooooo oblivious to all of this and just act like a spoiled little rich girl....  that is just sooo annoying... Sorry i'm ranting but not happy with that storyline!

It was sweet that despite the conflict between archie and jughead, it doesn't stop Jughead from helping out Fred! That was cute!

The Cooper drama... Was there anyone that found Jughead wielding a knife cringy? I was like "Put that damn thing away, boy!"....  I loved that he showed up and saved the day with the serpent babies (eugh, kicking down the door to help his girl, awwww), that just shows loyalty and how he didn't even doubt himself for one second! The whole being hostage in own home with evil strangers was sooo, too convenient? Like someone said, could it be that chic was in it! But if the whole thing was staged from the beginning then it must mean that the Coopers were being monitored at some point if suddenly they were aware that they were looking for chic? Whether it's the last time we'll see chic? Highly doubt it? Are the cooper girls out of trouble? Doubt it! I hope we don't get to see more of those strange people, while I can barely stand Chic, I hope it stays there, I don't want that storyline to expand with that crazy chick and the hotel dude and so on...

I wished we could have had a tiny scene of domestic!Bughead, just a little one but hey, wishful thinking! Gotta feel for FP for trying to do the best out of the bughead situation and Alice coming in like a storm! I knew Betty was baiting to Alice with the tattoo but it would've been something for he to actually get one! Also  felt bad for jug when betty decided to move back home, he didn't say anything, but you could just see it in his eyes..

And thank you to the person that pointed out that SH were looking tanned! I've been noticing something different in jughead lately, he looked older or something, couldn't really tell what it was then it made sense with the tan! lol!!

The whole save-Cheryl thing was cute though! and the cheroni moment! Cute!

And that Falice moment! Eugh! Throwing away gum never looked so damn hot! :D

On 3/29/2018 at 2:28 PM, Snookums said:

I loved how they cut directly from the phone of 1910 to Toni asking what decade this was. Good question, girl.

At first I was amused that poor, feeble, half-blind Nana Rose crawled all the way over to that phone on her elbows... and then luckily had the number of the high school memorized. Then I realized that Riverdale still probably has a Hooterville-style operator down at the phone company.

• Love 7

The reason I will forever ship Falice is because of scene's like that. Just a knock on a door, a look and a gum toss and it was the hottest thing I have seen since, well, since their last scene together, where she was leaned up against the wall and he was talking with one hand on said wall of the school like they were a high school couple talking about going to the malt shop after school.

Mmmm, for me it was a few eps ago when they were having the big Serpent bash and FP asked Alice if she was going to go and she demurred, saying Hal would never go to that kind of thing, and he blurts out "Than leave him!" He tries to walk it back saying he means to leave Hal home that night, of course that's what he means, of COURSE, and I'm on my couch swooning. Bad love is so good.

Speaking of the opposite, I wonder what Fred and Mary are going to say about Hiram Lodge, his opponent in the mayoral race, buying Archie a  BRAND NEW CAR? Even if they were all besties I'd draw the line at that kind of gift, and given the setup now it's beyond provoking. 

• Love 4
On 3/30/2018 at 2:32 AM, Sonoma said:

I was, and still am, more baffled by The Lodges and Archie. I'm not sure if I'm not following it correctly because it's really that convoluted or just boring me to confusion. Is Archie that dumb or is he playing a long con? Or is it really PTSD? Is Veronica that dumb or is she really giving her parents the benefit of the doubt? (I mean, even Betty knows her mama is crazy.) But how can she be okay with her parents not only manipulating her boyfriend but her boyfriend's father? Or is she really not okay? But there she was jumping up and down excited about the car when it was obviously a bribe and another way for her father to keep her boy in check?

My first thought was that the car had a tracking device, and probably a listening device too. Hiram's gonna spy on Archie. And I too wonder how Veronica can really be that oblivious.

I thought Cheryl and Toni were cute together. I like Toni much better with Cheryl than with Jughead. I hope there is some fallout from Cheryl's time with the Sisters, and I wonder how her mother won't just put her right back there. I hope Nana Rose is okay.

Darla was a far cry from Azura Skye's role on Buffy, but that role was so memorable that I instantly recognized her despite her aged makeup (and the 15 years that have passed!) However, Chic is a moron. If this is the end of this storyline, I will be surprised because it is such a lame ending, but I hate the character's presence so much that I won't really be disappointed. If he turns out to be totally innocent and is exactly who he says he is, then I will feel bad for him, but otherwise I'm content to hate him and have him off my screen.

Really not liking how isolated Archie is from the rest - even Veronica is. I think they need to reunite the core four in order to reclaim some of the quality from season 1.

Personally, I'm hoping Alice and FP get together now, just so I can hear Jughead's dramatic voice-over saying, "And back on the south side, my girlfriend became my step-sister."

Random speculation, but is it going to turn out everything in Riverdale was a just a story Jughead made up? That would make me surprisingly okay with most of these weird plot points.

On 3/31/2018 at 4:44 PM, PeekaBoo said:

I loved that he showed up and saved the day with the serpent babies ...

I love that you called them serpent babies.

• Love 4
On 4/7/2018 at 4:48 PM, SourK said:

Personally, I'm hoping Alice and FP get together now, just so I can hear Jughead's dramatic voice-over saying, "And back on the south side, my girlfriend became my step-sister."

Random speculation, but is it going to turn out everything in Riverdale was a just a story Jughead made up? That would make me surprisingly okay with most of these weird plot points.

I love that you called them serpent babies.

LOL I've always had a Specualation that they have a Plan for a series end reveal that Jughead is a famous author in the future and Riverdale is actually the Name of his book. A Dark take on his, Betty, Archie, Veronica, Cheryl and the rest lives while in High School. They reveal in series finale that Life in Riverdale was actually like the original comic source material.

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, jay741982 said:

LOL I've always had a Specualation that they have a Plan for a series end reveal that Jughead is a famous author in the future and Riverdale is actually the Name of his book. A Dark take on his, Betty, Archie, Veronica, Cheryl and the rest lives while in High School. They reveal in series finale that Life in Riverdale was actually like the original comic source material.

Yeah.. I mean I’m pretty sure the series will end with Jughead being a writer of a book and the book being the towns story. I’m about 98% sure that’s how this series will end. It’s up in the air if it turns out he was taking creative  license with the town to make it more interesting.

But yeah.. I’ve always figured that the shows series end will be a book within the finale and Jughead as the writer. I’ve thought this since the narrations by him in season one. If some other character does a narration at some point, maybe I’ll think differently but I feel like the show already knows that they want series end to include Jughead as an author. 

And  I mean yes that could change, if certain actors want to leave the show before the series ends, it might change how they wish to end the show, so jury’s still out but I have to say I feel like they’ve already planned how they wish to end this series. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah.. I mean I’m pretty sure the series will end with Jughead being a writer of a book and the book being the towns story. I’m about 98% sure that’s how this series will end. It’s up in the air if it turns out he was taking creative  license with the town to make it more interesting.

But yeah.. I’ve always figured that the shows series end will be a book within the finale and Jughead as the writer. I’ve thought this since the narrations by him in season one. If some other character does a narration at some point, maybe I’ll think differently but I feel like the show already knows that they want series end to include Jughead as an author. 

And  I mean yes that could change, if certain actors want to leave the show before the series ends, it might change how they wish to end the show, so jury’s still out but I have to say I feel like they’ve already planned how they wish to end this series. 

I think it is meant to be Jughead's book and the most events are what happened for "real" in the story. So, his book is based on his life and his friends. I am not sure if an ending that it was all in Jughead's head and he was writing a book of pure fiction and it was not based on his life would be so pleasing for fans.

I've always imagined Jughead finishing writing his book and then the background starts expanding and we see him looking a whole lot older (insert time jump to present time) as we learn that he wrote the book while being in jail, convicted of a crime he didn't commit...

Yeah, stuff for fanfics I know but it would be so interesting to see what happened between then and -now- and how/if his friends would help him out....

But yeah, him finally publishing his book by the end of the show would be, well-deserved...

• Love 2

Finally watched this episode. Not as much fun as the previous but more touching because of Choni. Also funny that Toni and Veronica expected Josie to just forget about the stalker Cheryl revelation and go help find her. Well, of course they did. Toni grew up in a street gang and Veronica grew up in a mob family, sending pig's hearts is probably no big deal to them, lol. And I loved Archie's boast about how he rearranged Nick St. Clair's face. Yeah dude, while he was laid up in bed with a broken leg.

• Love 1