Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Holy Schnitzel

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Have you noticed that before? LVP does FK with Kyle all too often! She's her personal "whipping boy" at times! ;-)

Yeah - I’m sort out of a broken record about it. lol

Kyle should dump her narcissistic game-playing ass!

• Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Yeah - I’m sort out of a broken record about it. lol

Kyle should dump her narcissistic game-playing ass!

That would take common sense and Kyle has little to none! I gave up on her as a normal, caring person when she allowed Rinna to belittle and undermine her sister in her own home! I lost all sympathy and respect for her and said "if LVP wants to abuse Kyle; have at it!" IDK why Kyle and LVP have these discussions! Nothing's ever resolved and LVP usually doesn't have any idea what it's about! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 5

Did anyone else crack up when Dorit said I don't know why you would wait until NY to bring up a conversation to LVP.

Ummmm...Dorit...Kyle was talking about the fact that you were talking smack about LVP at the Rivington dinner - which was in NY

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Did anyone else crack up when Dorit said I don't know why you would wait until NY to bring up a conversation to LVP.

Ummmm...Dorit...Kyle was talking about the fact that you were talking smack about LVP at the Rivington dinner - which was in NY

Dorit's a serious head case and will never really makes sense! I've given up on her and have no sympathy for her when she gets involved in serious drama with the other women! It's usually because of her big arse mouth that can't keep anything "in!" ;-(

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Impressed with how they handled the Holocaust memorial. Very personal and respectful, Dorit’s story really got me. 

I can’t imagine OC or Dallas handling things that well.

I can relate to that dazed feeling they had at the end of their tour. I visited Yad Vashem a while back and my whole group was like that when we were through.

I'd like to see them send the cast of Jersey.  Without Siggy.  Because her hysteria overpowers the message that the Holocaust is an event in history that shouldn't be diminished by comparing stupid, gossipy women to a man who orchestrated the murder  of so many people. 

Ericka's explanation of the monument was everything.

Dorit's family history is heartbreaking and uplifting.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Oh my gosh. Erika saying that that place in the alley was the new hot spot had shades of SNL Stephon. “This place has EVERYTHING: cat waiters, go-go dancing glam squads on mini polo ponies, and a bartender with a goiter shaped like Yul Brenner.”

DYING! Of course Ericka knows the hottest club in Berlin. <thanks, Mikey!> 

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I rarely appreciate Erika, but really like what she said about hearts and minds opening when people travel.

Erika seems like a great person to travel with.

Dorit's story about her grandfather was so upsetting. She still crazy tho.

• Love 22
12 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Oh my gosh. Erika saying that that place in the alley was the new hot spot had shades of SNL Stephon. “This place has EVERYTHING: cat waiters, go-go dancing glam squads on mini polo ponies, and a bartender with a goiter shaped like Yul Brenner.”

You know I think I even saw Dan Cortese in the background....

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I think I owe you a drink for this post!

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, rho said:

Pretty sure LVP has a few furs of her own. I know some animal-loving fashionistas justify vintage fur but I still find it hypocritical AF. 

Also, Erika's ass looked hideous in those black satin pants. They gave her a total mom jean vibe.

EriCa has a big ass and a big ego for someone who is such a major, gold digging bitch.

• Love 3
(edited)

I love Berlin so much. I went to that Holocaust memorial and  there is no official interpretation of  what the stones means. Each person comes up with their own meaning, although the ones these ladies stated are popular. I went with a Jewish friend. It was rough and he could not go into the exhibit which is below.  Dorit and Kyle's stories were sad. Nearby in former East Berlin is the Tomb of the Unknown Russian Soldiers which I have heard Germans call the "Tomb of the Unknown Rapist" due to the claimed widespread rapes of women in Berlin. Berlin is an absolutely amazing city

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 17

So did Erika serve the veal tartare just to get a reaction out of the ladies?  Most Americans aren't accustomed to eating raw red meat, and even a rare burger is seared on the outside.  I don't know if it has to be an issue of having a sophisticated palate or not.  

• Love 16
Just now, enchantingmonkey said:

So did Erika serve the veal tartare just to get a reaction out of the ladies?  Most Americans aren't accustomed to eating raw red meat, and even a rare burger is seared on the outside.  I don't know if it has to be an issue of having a sophisticated palate or not.  

I love rare meat and can be terribly embarrassed by family asking for "well done" in a restaurant, but Tartare will never be in my menu! Anything raw like meat or fish will get an objection from me! I've seen too many people have bad reactions to it and will avoid it for as long as I live! ;-)

• Love 4
Just now, enchantingmonkey said:

I don't know if it has to be an issue of having a sophisticated palate or not.  

Erika seemed to think so!  She doesn't seem to know the ladies very well if she thought they'd eat it.  As many dinners as they've all had together, I would think they'd all be somewhat familiar with what each other eats, especially with veal (I didn't think Lisa would want that), and it being tartare (which I figured several of them wouldn't eat.) That's just from what I've observed on TV.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Fiero425 said:

That would take common sense and Kyle has little to none! I gave up on her as a normal, caring person when she allowed Rinna to belittle and undermine her sister in her own home! I lost all sympathy and respect for her and said "if LVP wants to abuse Kyle; have at it!" IDK why Kyle and LVP have these discussions! Nothing's ever resolved and LVP usually doesn't have any idea what it's about! ;-)

Intentions count a lot to me - imo LVP intends to play with others like a cat plays with a toy, but Kyle rarely (if ever) actually intends to hurt anyone. As far as her family goes, I think that dysfunctional dynamic set her up to be used by players like LVP. Also, Kyle’s mother put her in the position of protecting an alcoholic and unstable sister, which wasn’t fair or healthy - I can’t blame her for finally getting sick of that deal. Maybe you’re right about Kyle not having common sense - she certainly seems naive about others’ bad intentions.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

I love rare meat and can be terribly embarrassed by family asking for "well done" in a restaurant, but Tartare will never be in my menu! Anything raw like meat or fish will get an objection from me! I've seen too many people have bad reactions to it and will avoid it for as long as I live! ;-)

Agreed, no raw meats, fish or eggs will ever find their way into my mouth, and I am pretty open to trying anything new.

Cook it if you want to eat it! Medium rare or poached and all is well.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Fiero425 said:

Lisa doesn't have a "clue" because Kyle makes zero sense 99% of the time. Kyle was mad at Dorit because Dorit exposed her talking smack about Erika behind Erika's back, so she exposed what Dorit said about Lisa as pay back. Never mind that her good friend Lisa was hurt by it and never mind that Kyle did not reveal what she said about Lisa to her, it was nothing more than tit for tat at Lisa's expense. Oh, and that makes Lisa the bad friend, not Kyle in her own warped mind.

• Love 18
12 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:
26 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Agreed, no raw meats, fish or eggs will ever find their way into my mouth, and I am pretty open to trying anything new.

My mother's cousin's wife was German and she would eat raw bacon.  I was about ten years old and she asked me if I wanted to try it, and I loved it.  When we were at my grandmother's house she was frying bacon for breakfast and I grabbed a piece of raw bacon and ate it.  My mother and grandmother freaked out and wanted to know why I did that.  I told them "aunt Bertha" eats it that way and gave me some.  They told me horror stories about how sick I could get from not cooking pork.  Both of them would cook pork chops until it was shoe leather.  

• Love 9

Well....as mentioned before...WTF was with LVP's platform tourist shoes/boots? 

OMG.  Really Dorit?  What was the sense of bringing up NY once again?  She should apologize to Kyle for bringing a dead horse into the scene to beat given Kyle's allergies.  And I did feel bad for Kyle having the reaction to the horse.  I also felt bad for Kyle having to go through Dorit's 'hurt' once again.  Dorit has selective memory.  And Erika....saying something in a TH is not the same as actually speaking up when Dorit talks.  You should have said something there, at the time, when Dorit claimed that Kyle incited Erika about pantygate.

And wow LVP, telling Teddi to keep quiet?  Yeah, you can defend Dorit but Teddi can't defend Kyle?   At least LR spoke up about that.  Speaking of LVP, the LR jokes are getting really old.  LR was obviously having a problem with her horse.  The joke about LR's horse was just stale.  Another beating a dead horse.  And thanks to Teddi for telling her what to do.

Loved LR with the popcorn.

Best part of the trip....the women appreciating Berlin and its history.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Well....as mentioned before...WTF was with LVP's platform tourist shoes/boots? 

OMG.  Really Dorit?  What was the sense of bringing up NY once again?  She should apologize to Kyle for bringing a dead horse into the scene to beat given Kyle's allergies.  And I did feel bad for Kyle having the reaction to the horse.  I also felt bad for Kyle having to go through Dorit's 'hurt' once again.  Dorit has selective memory.  And Erika....saying something in a TH is not the same as actually speaking up when Dorit talks.  You should have said something there, at the time, when Dorit claimed that Kyle incited Erika about pantygate.

And wow LVP, telling Teddi to keep quiet?  Yeah, you can defend Dorit but Teddi can't defend Kyle?   At least LR spoke up about that.  Speaking of LVP, the LR jokes are getting really old.  LR was obviously having a problem with her horse.  The joke about LR's horse was just stale.  Another beating a dead horse.  And thanks to Teddi for telling her what to do.

Loved LR with the popcorn.

Best part of the trip....the women appreciating Berlin and its history.

Lisa was correct, Teddi shut up and let Kyle/Dorit work this out without anyone else getting involved that was not part of it. 

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Maybe she thought they'd want to try some of the local cuisine?  Germans love tartare.

It's impossible to not have fun in a German bier hall, so I'm glad they gave it a rest for one night. 

Shut up, Dorit, all European capitals do NOT look the same, and the Reichstag is particularly beautiful. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

My mother's cousin's wife was German and she would eat raw bacon.  I was about ten years old and she asked me if I wanted to try it, and I loved it.  When we were at my grandmother's house she was frying bacon for breakfast and I grabbed a piece of raw bacon and ate it.  My mother and grandmother freaked out and wanted to know why I did that.  I told them "aunt Bertha" eats it that way and gave me some.  They told me horror stories about how sick I could get from not cooking pork.  Both of them would cook pork chops until it was shoe leather.  

I've tasted raw bacon and it's kind of good. Especially the fatty part.  I couldn't do raw veal or most other raw meat.  And....I've ate raw cookie dough (with raw eggs) all my life and have never gotten sick.  So have my kids.

Yeah, I get the pork chops.  My mom was German.  We ate pork chops a lot.  Raw eggs were fine.  The pork chops were leather.  At least we know now that you don't have to cook the crap out of them.  BTW, I still haven't found the balance.  My pork chops still come out horrible.  Even with the meat thermometer. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, princelina said:

Kyle accidentally gave the secret away - apparently they are all much more pleasant on beer and carbs than they are with wine and tiny salads and raw veal balls.  Who knew?

Right?  That's why the rest of the world eats!!!
Their high-maintenance ordering was embarrassing.  Just another thing for people to make fun of Americans for.  Thanks, ladies. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

If that were the case, then LVP shouldn't have chimed in.  And she did.  And she did say that she wanted Kyle to understand Dorit's feelings.  Teddi was not out of line defending Kyle's feelings.  LVP was very much a part of that conversation and was very much involved.  Double standard on the part of LVP.

The whole NY fight between Dorit/Kyle was about Lisa, they involved her and Kyle only told Lisa what Dorit said as pay back for Dorit telling Erika what Kyle said! Lisa wanted Kyle to hear Dorit's side and for Dorit to hear Kyle's side without Teddi trying to inject her opinion, especially since Teddi doesn't like Dorit at all, so she, Teddi isn't coming from a neutral place .

Just now, princelina said:

Yes - she totally started the shit at Erika's dinner - "I'm in a good place with you all . . not like NY . . ." and then she just lets it lie - I liked it better last week when she tried it with Rinna but Rinna refused to take the bait!

I believe to get a reaction - animal lovers and veal don't go together even when the veal is not raw.  Her palate is as sophisticated as her MOSCHINO t-shirt dresses.

I think Kyle accidentally gave the secret away - apparently they are all much more pleasant on beer and carbs than they are with wine and tiny salads and raw veal balls.  Who knew?

Lisa was cut off by Dorit. She didn't have a chance to finish her thought. LOL

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sadiebyuca said:

Right?  That's why the rest of the world eats!!!
Their high-maintenance ordering was embarrassing.  Just another thing for people to make fun of Americans for.  Thanks, ladies. 

Hear hear.  Unless you're truly lactose intolerant, it won't hurt to have real dairy once in awhile, or at least order so that the waiter doesn't have to remember several different kinds of creamer. 

What did Kyle send back?  Undercooked eggs?  I'm with her on that.  If the white is runny, it'll go back.

• Love 6

Also, Erika's ass looked hideous in those black satin pants. They gave her a total mom jean vibe.

Thought the same thing, though I thought she looked fab from the neck up. Shiny pants make everything look rounder! I'm just sad she didn't seize the opportunity to wear a St. Pauli Girl get-up, dammit!

LVP has some hideous Herman Muster Shoes on

I kinda dug them. I live in '70s (and '90s) platforms!

• Love 1

Dorit hurts her/Erika's friendship so Kyle decides to hurt Lisa/Dorit's friendship as pay back

I feel like Dorit was also gunning for Kyle/LVP's friendship, so Kyle going after her is ok.

So did Erika serve the veal tartare just to get a reaction out of the ladies?

It's a popular dish throughout Europe, and Germany has it's own variations of it. So why not go for something authentic and local?

Shut up, Dorit, all European capitals do NOT look the same

How could someone who has "traveled the world" be so clueless?

If that were the case, then LVP shouldn't have chimed in.  And she did.  And she did say that she wanted Kyle to understand Dorit's feelings.  Teddi was not out of line defending Kyle's feelings.  LVP was very much a part of that conversation and was very much involved.  Double standard on the part of LVP.

Yeah, it seems a bit hypocritical of LVP.

Seriously, does PK have pics of LVP and Ken having orgies with dogs and goats or something?

• Love 8

I'm rewatching tonights episode and I call bs on Dorit's story about her family. She said some of them were sent to concentration camps in Siberia. Sorry but Siberia is a part of Russia and Russia was fighting the Germans during the war. Where is there a concentration camp in Siberia?

Also rewatched some of this seasons shows today. When did Dorit get a psychology degree?  Lisar is schizophrenic and Teddi is psycho. Lol. And this is coming from the craziest, most delusional housewife on any housewife show. I'm so tired of her thinking she can say or do anything she wants about her castmates but heaven forbid anyone says anything about her even if it is the truth. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Deniset said:

I'm rewatching tonights episode and I call bs on Dorit's story about her family. She said some of them were sent to concentration camps in Siberia. Sorry but Siberia is a part of Russia and Russia was fighting the Germans during the war. Where is there a concentration camp in Siberia?

Maybe she meant the Gulag?