Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Transference

(edited)

The big shocking thing from tonight’s episode is that the Asian guy can actually speak. I thought he was a mute? Who knew. Are we finally done with Rachel’s rape storyline?  I sure hope so. We still have nothing about last year’s double murder and the BLM stuff. I don’t care who Serena picks. 

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 2

Another snore of an episode. Rachel is a complete idiot to think she can supervise her dad getting off lithium by herself, let alone while she's producing a TV show. 

I don't care who Serena picks, but I've never cared about that. I'm not sure the show does, either. It's a McGuffin.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Another snore of an episode. Rachel is a complete idiot to think she can supervise her dad getting off lithium by herself, let alone while she's producing a TV show. 

I don't care who Serena picks, but I've never cared about that. I'm not sure the show does, either. It's a McGuffin.

We’re all getting punked. LOL

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm glad that Jay dumped his incredibly needy, overbearing, and grossly unprofessional boyfriend. To find out that Xavier just invited himself to move in with Jay is beyond fucking ridiculous. And why he just assumed he'd host the show because that's how show business works. I'm just pissed that the show wants to punish Jay by giving him a drug problem for no good reason.

Also Jay needs to try to switch Alexei to Adderall. They probably have a ton on set because they use it to keep the talent up and awake on long shoots.

I loved Quinn setting up Warren the cowboy in the limo. And if you remember the first season of the Bachelorette, the guys have so much down time that they developed these weird little bromances. There was so much b-roll of the guys pulling pranks on each other and having their own jokes. In fact, it was a little hard to get the guys interested in Krista week after week. I'm actually surprised that it took Quinn this long to realize how chummy some of the guys were. Also Quinn didn't need to blackmail or bribe Guy into going along. We've seen contestants willingly do this in season 1. Heck, the Zankie nonsense from Big Brother shows how many people are willing to pull a showmance.

On 4/2/2018 at 10:28 PM, dubbel zout said:

Gawd Rachel was a colossal idiot concerning her father.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5

Rachel ought to have lots of money saved up since she obviously doesn’t spend any on food, clothes, utilities, or rent. Or transportation either, I guess, since she used a company truck last week to get dad.

I did like Quinn’s “skins v. skins” direction. Thanks! ?

• Love 11

This did not feel like Unreal.

It was surreal.

Remember how sensitively they treated LGBT issues the first season? The Pulitzer-winning stuff?

This was...a choice.

• Love 2
(edited)

A totally RANDOM WOMAN walks up to a huge crowd of people and says "What's going on?"

Rachel's father (IMMEDIATELY):  "So you're Quinn.  I've heard a lot about you."

HAHAHA!!!!!!  How would he know that she's Quinn?!!?!?  Why is the writing on this show so bad sometimes?!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

So apparently the guy playing Jay's boyfriend is Canadian. His accent came out just a bit during their fight.

"I've treated you better than anyone ever on the show before." Oy, that leaves a lot of room for some pretty bad treatment.

Also Jay needs to try to switch Alexei to Adderall.

It would have to be a lot cheaper at least. Wonder how much longer Jay can afford to keep shooting money up Alexei's nose?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Rachel ought to have lots of money saved up since she obviously doesn’t spend any on food, clothes, utilities, or rent. Or transportation either, I guess, since she used a company truck last week to get dad.

Yeah, I have NO idea where her salary is going. Up Alexei's nose?!

• Love 5
(edited)

Nice episode. Nothing makes sense anymore in the show, but  melodrama all around and Jeremy is sexy as hell. 

I also hope that the cowboy will 

Spoiler

go amok on set and kill everyone during the season finale.  Otherwise he'd be waste of time (and character).

Edited by skotnikov
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/5/2018 at 4:06 PM, skotnikov said:

Nice episode. Nothing makes sense anymore in the show, but  melodrama all around and Jeremy is sexy as hell

I also hope that the cowboy will 

Hide contents

go amok on set and kill everyone during the season finale.  Otherwise he'd be waste of time (and character).

Ugh. I can never find Jeremy sexy after he assaulted Rachel and murdered 2 people.

The cowboy could turn out to actually be into guys.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3
(edited)

Rachel’s rape storyline has not gone anywhere. Rachel’s not worse or better than she was before any of this happened. She’s kind of the same as she’s always been. Except instead of manipulating all the contestants she’s busy with her personal crap.

Whats up with Quinn and Chet?  One minute they hate each other next they’re working together and best of friends. 

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

How are Quinn and Chet okay with Rachel squatting on set? She has no place of her own, lives and sleeps in the back of a truck and presumably bathes only periodically when she has access to a hot shower. She's essentially homeless, which cannot be helping her mental illness.

Was Rachel's desire for a home ever discussed before the last episode? I don't recall her ever discussing the cottage sans electricity before. I think it was just introduced as a plot device to foreshadow Rachel had been saving up a significant sum only to see her blow it all on her dad's fancy rehab facility in this episode.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Rahul said:

How are Quinn and Chet okay with Rachel squatting on set? She has no place of her own, lives and sleeps in the back of a truck and presumably bathes only periodically when she has access to a hot shower. She's essentially homeless, which cannot be helping her mental illness.

Was Rachel's desire for a home ever discussed before the last episode? I don't recall her ever discussing the cottage sans electricity before. I think it was just introduced as a plot device to foreshadow Rachel had been saving up a significant sum only to see her blow it all on her dad's fancy rehab facility in this episode.

Rachel had a roommate at one point. Her roommate stopped by the set during S1 and dropped off her stuff. She kicked her to the curb but I don't remember why. 

I don't remember hearing anything about Rachel's desire for a home.

7 hours ago, earlbny said:

Rachel had a roommate at one point. Her roommate stopped by the set during S1 and dropped off her stuff. She kicked her to the curb but I don't remember why.

Thanks for the reminder. I had completely forgotten that detail from the first season.

If Quinn is cared for Rachel as much as she claims to, she could easily offer Rachel lodging at her multimillion dollar estate--at least temporarily. I'm sure there is a vacant guest room in some far flung wing of her mansion or perhaps a guest house Rachel could rent for the time being. This way Quinn could also keep a watchful eye over her.

• Love 2

So were we supposed to read it as just a bromance or that the cowboy really had a crush on the chef? It kinda seemed more than a bromance, the way he was beaming while talking about his "buddy" in the limo.

Regardless. I don't get this exchange:

cowboy: "I'm not gay!"

Quinn: "Except now there is no way you can say that on TV without sounding like an asshole."

What, how? I mean this show didn't understand reality TV in the first season and it seems to have gotten a lot worse every season. All he has to say is: "I'm not gay and that stuff was edited out of context." Nobody sane will think he's an asshole for telling people what his sexuality is.

Edited by Miles
  • Love 1

Asa was doing so well I thought the beginning of the episode was a dream Rachel was having. Jeremy, I swear to God, do not fuck this up. Why are you still here?

Shirtless volleyball? What is this, Top Gun?

I don't get Quinn. A) Why has she never trained a producer to be at Rachel's level? It's not like The Bachelor only has one super producer. That's a terrible way to run a reality show. B) She knows that Rachel is volatile. Yet she keeps stopping her from doing the minor things that might make her healthy. I mean, I know that it's a professional environment and you have to do your work but given the body count, you'd think she'd go a little easier on her. 

Xavier, you cannot show up uninvited and try to cause drama. I'm glad Jay walked away. It was a naive idea anyway to think that this unknown person would be the host of a show. 

What? I didn't know Xave was so thirsty. That does not seem like a healthy relationship.

The cowboy's name is Warren? It's episode 6 and I feel like this is the first time I'm learning that information.

You tell her, Rachel. Serena needs some straight talk.

"Did you do this?" I'm sorry... is Serena a MORON? Where is Guy going to get a bunch of flowers and the time and supplies and knowledge to make a big heart design wall out of them. 

Also, WTF, how does Jasper get all those flowers delivered without someone from production signing off on it? Can florists just come and set one of those things up? Why aren't people visiting set all the time? Ridiculous.

LOL. That clip package they showed Guy was SO dumb. Show some restraint, guys. This feels like when Chet took over Everlasting. But I did like Guy making a smart deal. It feels like one of those things that I could see happening on The Bachelor and it's more interesting than the contestants' minor attempts to create a narrative for themselves. Remember when contestants and producers would genuinely work together to get farther on the show? It feels like the producers talk to themselves more than their contestants these days. I can't even remember who is assigned to whom except for Alexei and Jay because Rachel keeps doing all the producing.

The therapist was doing the right thing for her dad but Rachel's right. He's totally crossing boundaries. He's behaving like one of Rachel's terrible men, not a good doctor.

Asa was having an inappropriate outburst for a work environment but like, he was not wrong at all. And his argument was pretty sensible. It's not like he was raving or illogical.

At least I only had to endure one line of Jeremy playing white knight.

LOL. Night vision goggles? The person who is coming up with this suitor gifts is way more fun that the ones writing all the melodrama. I want to hang with that person.

Quinn's response to Warren was nonsense. He can totally leave the show and say he's straight. And that Quinn had sex with August. And that Gary stole money. And that Rachel was abused and her dad's unstable. Because for some reason way too many people know all the secrets on this show. Of the events from this season it's possible (but as far as I remember unconfirmed) that he knows about the jockey, the bet, and Jasper having sex with Serena. Many Bachelor contestants go to People and Us Weekly with far less than that. 

Well, it's a good thing Rachel had a spare $50,000. Wasn't she broke not that long ago?

I'm glad Jeremy's white knight attempt by doubly thwarted (one by her not being there and also by Quinn cutting him off).

Does Alexi have a coke addiction JUST so Jay can develop one too? So dumb.

I realized this is the third time Rachel has reached out for comfort. First was when she lay on Quinn's lap at the end of episode 4. Then when she hugged her dad on the couch. And then when she hugged the therapist. And he was the only one who held her and reciprocated the physical contact.