Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Joe and Kendra Say I Do

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, floridamom said:

Why do the girls have to have their names on the headboards of their beds? Strange thing to me. The boys don't have that.

I also agree that those bedrooms are/were a mess. The girls' dorm was equally messy whenever I saw it on TV.

JD was an asshole for intentionally driving that speed boat recklessly. Why would he 'want' to hurt someone trailing behind the boat on a raft? These peoples' idea of fun is strange to me.

I agree that the Laura DeMaise thing is odd. Why is she sleeping with 5 other females especially when she is NOT a relative? Who would let their grown woman of a daughter continue to waste her life living in someone else's house? Doesn't this woman need to work and have some type of money of her own? I bet the Duggars pay her for her household/ homeschooling/babysitting/cleaning efforts. 

they do live like pigs; that house is dirty IMO.

And he is suppose to be the responsible constable and first responder. I do not think he is a great catch at all. He reminds me a creepy stalker type.

I admit to fast forwarding through some of the scenes so I probably missed this but where are Joe and Kendra living?? Did they get a house from JimBob too?  If not where are they residing?  I assume it is in close proximity to the TTH.

On 3/27/2018 at 10:40 AM, louannems said:

I found it so odd that Joe was frequently the first person in the morning to say I love you to Joy.

Mornings were hectic in our family of seven, growing up, and I love you's were not said by anyone in the morning.  At night during tuck-ins, and maybe going out the door for school.

He was probably the ONLY one up. Where are they going? Nowhere. What are they doing? Nothing. They're certainly not getting ready for school.

Jeremy eating those hockey pucks made me wince......I'm sure he didn't grow up with the scrape, scrape, scrape of plastic cutlery on styrofoam plates. Never mind that the plastic fork most likely couldn't pierce the puck without snapping it's tines. Ugh.

Mullet : "Jeremy, you're so tall." Seriously? To a 30-year-old? Did she forget he wasn't one of her own "grandbabies"? Or is that her go-to birthday proclamation? Maybe the cue card slipped out of sight.

Bailed on the rest of this ....JB and his nauseating promotion of bodily fluids...this time is was tears. Fake ones. Go away.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, abbey said:

I admit to fast forwarding through some of the scenes so I probably missed this but where are Joe and Kendra living?? Did they get a house from JimBob too?  If not where are they residing?  I assume it is in close proximity to the TTH.

Joe and Kendra are living in a log cabin on the Duggar property.  Grandma Mary sold the land the house was on and the Duggars transported it.  They don't show the proximity of the new house to the TTH, but they talked about JB and M hopefully keeping the kids away for the first year. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, floridamom said:

Why do the girls have to have their names on the headboards of their beds? Strange thing to me. The boys don't have that.

I also agree that those bedrooms are/were a mess. The girls' dorm was equally messy whenever I saw it on TV.

JD was an asshole for intentionally driving that speed boat recklessly. Why would he 'want' to hurt someone trailing behind the boat on a raft? These peoples' idea of fun is strange to me.

I agree that the Laura DeMaise thing is odd. Why is she sleeping with 5 other females especially when she is NOT a relative? Who would let their grown woman of a daughter continue to waste her life living in someone else's house? Doesn't this woman need to work and have some type of money of her own? I bet the Duggars pay her for her household/ homeschooling/babysitting/cleaning efforts. 

they do live like pigs; that house is dirty IMO.

According to Laura's social media, I think, she does have a job.  She works for something called Embassy Media.  I think it's part of the IBLP.

2 hours ago, birkenstock said:

They don't show the proximity of the new house to the TTH, but they talked about JB and M hopefully keeping the kids away for the first year. 

I wonder how that's working out in real time, lol. When Kendra talked about Michelle keeping the Littles away, all I could think was "Oh, you sweet summer child. You have no clue..." 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder how that's working out in real time, lol. When Kendra talked about Michelle keeping the Littles away, all I could think was "Oh, you sweet summer child. You have no clue..." 

I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Bob sends the girls to the house as a power move.  I was surprised that Kendra admitted that they never imagined living on the property and implied that it wasn't her ideal situation.  It's the only time I haven't seen her giggling or smiling. I wonder if Joe sees this as their permanent housing?   It may be the start of the Duggar colony Jim Bob envisioned.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, birkenstock said:

Joe and Kendra are living in a log cabin on the Duggar property.  Grandma Mary sold the land the house was on and the Duggars transported it.  They don't show the proximity of the new house to the TTH, but they talked about JB and M hopefully keeping the kids away for the first year. 

I can't figure out why Pa Caldwell agreed that "portable log cabin" was fit for his married daughter to live in. He should have made it a condition that it was livable, and that everything was done up to code with the appropriate permits being filed, before they married.

And just how many home does (or did) gradma Mary own? little odd you sell land and not the house that is on it...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

Joe and Kendra's situation is similar to Joy and Austin.  All sets of parents just wanted their kids married off so that they wouldn't have to worry about them breaking the dumb courtship rules. They go against their stated beliefs that the husband should have secured a safe home to settle in.  I think that Austin has more common sense than Joe when it comes to bringing in professionals to do work he is uncomfortable with but who even knows.  I would be suspect of any Duggar-owned property.  

Grandma Mary is quickly running out of places she for her grand kids. Is Amy's house one of her properties too?  In terms of the house move, the person who purchased the log cabin property only wanted the land.  Joe was able to claim and move it knowing that the cabin would have been torn down if left there.  

6 hours ago, drafan said:

Mullet : "Jeremy, you're so tall." Seriously? To a 30-year-old? Did she forget he wasn't one of her own "grandbabies"? Or is that her go-to birthday proclamation? Maybe the cue card slipped out of sight.

The woman is out of her effing mind. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, birkenstock said:

Joe and Kendra's situation is similar to Joy and Austin.  All sets of parents just wanted their kids married off so that they wouldn't have to worry about them breaking the dumb courtship rules. They go against their stated beliefs that the husband should have secured a safe home to settle in.  I think that Austin has more common sense than Joe when it comes to bringing in professionals to do work he is uncomfortable with but who even knows.  I would be suspect of any Duggar-owned property.  

Grandma Mary is quickly running out of places she for her grand kids. Is Amy's house one of her properties too?  In terms of the house move, the person who purchased the log cabin property only wanted the land.  Joe was able to claim and move it knowing that the cabin would have been torn down if left there.  

They moved the cabin onto the property long before Joe was in a relationship. He just was in need of a place to live, which leads me to believe they're renting out the Pool House, since none of the married couples are living there. Or it could be stupidly be standing empty, not making Boob any money, awaiting SiRen. 

• Love 2
On 3/27/2018 at 6:34 AM, tabloidlover said:

At some point in the show, there was an embroidered something or other on a wall that had Kendra's birthdate on it.   I almost fell out of my bed, she's a year younger than my son.   My son has no intention of marriage or children for many years, and is aware he is nowhere near ready for

I did the same thing! I rewound to see the birthdates on the wall and saw she was 8/11/98. I had my oldest 7/2/98 and he’s nowhere near even settling down. He’s young, trying to figure out this world and dreaming. I cannot imagine him being married and getting ready to be a parent. These are child’s brides. 

I also laughed at Joys “it seems like yesterday we were here getting married and now we’re expecting a baby, time flies!” That’s cause it was just a few yesterday’s Joy. It’s was 3 fucking months ago. Stop acting like you’re celebrating your silver anniversary. 

• Love 20
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They moved the cabin onto the property long before Joe was in a relationship. He just was in need of a place to live, which leads me to believe they're renting out the Pool House, since none of the married couples are living there. Or it could be stupidly be standing empty, not making Boob any money, awaiting SiRen. 

Huh, I thought he connected moving the cabin with realizing he needed a place to live. Thanks for keeping the facts straight!

It makes it worse that he had plenty of time to renovate the house and didn't have it ready before engagement.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I did the same thing! I rewound to see the birthdates on the wall and saw she was 8/11/98. I had my oldest 7/2/98 and he’s nowhere near even settling down. He’s young, trying to figure out this world and dreaming. I cannot imagine him being married and getting ready to be a parent. These are child’s brides. 

Same thing in our family.  My niece will turn 19 soon & there is no way she is mature enough to even think about marriage yet alone becoming a teen mother on the honeymoon. She wouldn't even go to her cousin's baby shower.   Same thing with my 23 yr old niece. She has the maturity but is loving her life as a single gal - working, going out with friends, etc.   She's not nearly ready to settle down at this season in her life.    

ETA:  it would be interesting to know who is living in the Pool house.  I would think Joe & Kendra would be the perfect ones. They could stay there forever with their brood of Duggarlings.  I don't see them moving away to the mission field.  I remember the video when Kendra was making cookies for Joe & it looked like a nice kitchen. Wonder whose it was?  Not sure if they were married yet - it could have been the Caldwell's kitchen.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 3

Mary Duggar owns a great deal of houses; not great mansions, but she collects a lot of rent on them.

When the Duggars FIRST showed the video of them moving that log cabin house on the homestead, they plainly said it was for Mary to live in. ....but she moved in quickly with Deanna when she split with her husband, Terry. BTW, the house Deanna lives in is in her name and Mary Duggar's name. It was never Terry's house to begin with.

So, don't know how Joe & Kendra ended up living in the cabin. I have no idea who lives in the pool house...maybe Josiah will luck out and get it? 

I also agree that this family broke their own rules about having the husbands being able to provide a home for their brides. None of them, except for Jer & Austin have done that.

Even Joshua lived in his grandmother's house...only they didn't bother to renovate it for him. It was still a big step up for Anna from that trailer her parents lived in with 8 children at home.

• Love 3

I'm watching this episode again cuz I missed some of the first part about the log cabin.  Does anyone know if the log cabin is finished yet?  If not, are they living in the Joy Austin trailer?  Where is it on the property in relation to the TTH- in front of it, back of it?  Much has been said about "Electricians"Joe & Jeremiah (think it was him).  I cant imagine them taking on  this kind of project.  Our electrician has told me horror stories about people trying to do wiring on their own.  I can just see them turning on a simple switch & somehow getting shocked or starting an electrical fire in the walls. And by the way, Kendra please wear sturdier shoes than flip flops when walking around a construction site.  

I'm sure I'll have more comments as the episode goes on. I'll be looking for Smugs & Derelict at the rehearsal dinner & wedding. 

I wondered how well the Duggars would do if they did not have all the modern advantages our ancestors did not have. Anna living in a manufactured home with eight children would have been considered living in a palace for many homeless or people in third world countries. Not many married couples get a place to live in after getting married from their parents.

A few thoughts about the meatball fiasco:

Ground beef seemed like a new phenomenon to these girls. It was like the first time Jenny had seen ground meat yet they use ground turkey in tator tot casserole or that greasy ground beef/meat & potato dish Jessa baked.  Like others have said, meatballs aren't that difficult to make & there are plenty of easy recipes out there if they are that challenged. I would expect the Duggars to have huge jars of frequently used seasonings on hand and at the ready but evidently not since they forgot to add them in.  It's like they don't even know that most meat needs some type of seasoning added to it when cooking.  I don't use a lot of spices but at least I jazz up a jar of spaghetti sauce with a few shakes of Italian seasoning.  There are many different prepackaged seasonings out there that I'm sure they don't know exist. One of my favorites is Weber brand "Kickin' Chicken" I get cheap at the Dollar Store.  It's our favorite seasoning on salmon. Jeremy was a good sport about eating the meatballs but I wonder what was going thru his mind especially when MEchelle said right away when he walked in that they weren't his Grandma's meatballs.  I'm hoping the sauce really did help.  Did anyone catch Jessa asking how they cook the meatballs?  She said something like How do we cook them? TOASTED?  Really Jess,  you are that cooking challenged?  Oh let's not forgot the chunks of onion they added. Like another poster said,  it looked like they filled up a quarter of the meatballs. 

Let's not forget Joy's contribution to cooking the dinner.  She was in charge of BOTH heating up jarred pasta sauce & cooking the noodles.  She acted like she had made the sauce from scratch & cooked it all day.  Why didn't she use the commercial range to cook the sauce & noodles?  I think it would be easier than dealing with  large pots on a regular size stove. Plus she would have had company with Jessa & Jana and the larger sink is right there for easy cleanup.  (I know, ha ha) It seems they are allergic to the commercial kitchen that they got for cheap & bragged about when they built the house. 

Just unbelievable for this whole group & their cooking skills or lack thereof. It turns out to be an embarrassment any time they are filmed cooking.  I really would like to see what their meals are for a week & how it's prepared. (I know they throw a frozen meal in the oven or microwave & call it a day.) Hopefully they are getting some fresh  fruit & vegetables from Jana's garden. 

Funny story about meatballs that maybe the thrifty time-challenged Duggars could use.   We had hamburgers when I was at Physical therapy rehab earlier in the year. They were always served for lunch the day after we had meatballs for dinner.  They sort  of squashed down plain meatballs & put them on a bun. I ended up cutting up my burger meatballs to make them fit on the bun better.  This wasn't a one time occurrence either - it was always burgers for lunch after meatball dinner. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 5

Anna was at her peak when she was the center of attention during the Washington DC episodes..the Dugg bus filled with hillbillies pulling up to the DC house... Anna bravely driving in DC to have lunch with her crappy spouse...Too bad she is in a cycle of pushing out spawn in the shadows.

• Love 2
On 3/29/2018 at 10:35 PM, birkenstock said:

Huh, I thought he connected moving the cabin with realizing he needed a place to live. Thanks for keeping the facts straight!

It makes it worse that he had plenty of time to renovate the house and didn't have it ready before engagement.

Good Lort, it's like the real estate equivalent of thrift store shopping. 

18 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm watching this episode again cuz I missed some of the first part about the log cabin.  Does anyone know if the log cabin is finished yet?  If not, are they living in the Joy Austin trailer?  Where is it on the property in relation to the TTH- in front of it, back of it?  Much has been said about "Electricians"Joe & Jeremiah (think it was him).  I cant imagine them taking on  this kind of project.  Our electrician has told me horror stories about people trying to do wiring on their own.  I can just see them turning on a simple switch & somehow getting shocked or starting an electrical fire in the walls. And by the way, Kendra please wear sturdier shoes than flip flops when walking around a construction site.  

I'm sure I'll have more comments as the episode goes on. I'll be looking for Smugs & Derelict at the rehearsal dinner & wedding. 

Didn't Jessa say in a TH that the log cabin is essentially on the Duggar's front lawn? 

Also, when those boys were wiring the house for electric, I was like, I sure hope they buy lots of BATTERY OPERATED smoke detectors. 

• Love 5

You know is a silly thing about this family, but it annoys the heck out of me? They say "noodles' when they're SUPPOSED TO SAY macaroni or pasta. You don't put 'noodles' in tomato sauce per se. It's macaroni or pasta that goes in there. 'Noodles" refer to egg noodles usually used in soups and stroganoff-type dishes. Silly hicks.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Anna was at her peak when she was the center of attention during the Washington DC episodes..the Dugg bus filled with hillbillies pulling up to the DC house... Anna bravely driving in DC to have lunch with her crappy spouse...Too bad she is in a cycle of pushing out spawn in the shadows.

Don't you mean 'season'? lol

• Love 1

On a related note, my daughter and I cringed and laughed every time one of the girls said “meat ball.” I don’t know why, it just sounded so wrong coming out of their mouths! 

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 2
On 3/27/2018 at 3:32 PM, Westiepeach said:

When Husband and I got married, the one thing that was non-negotiable for both of us was neither of us were going to smash the wedding cake in each other’s faces. 

We agreed not to do that as well, and we got married in the early 70's, so it was already a thing then.  R E S P E C T, in the words of Aretha.

It just seemed tasteless to us, even though we were very young.  

• Love 4
On 3/29/2018 at 10:51 AM, drafan said:

He was probably the ONLY one up. Where are they going? Nowhere. What are they doing? Nothing. They're certainly not getting ready for school.

Jeremy eating those hockey pucks made me wince......I'm sure he didn't grow up with the scrape, scrape, scrape of plastic cutlery on styrofoam plates. Never mind that the plastic fork most likely couldn't pierce the puck without snapping it's tines. Ugh.

Bailed on the rest of this ....JB and his nauseating promotion of bodily fluids...this time is was tears. Fake ones. Go away.

I winced at the plastic cutlery, too.  My MIL hosted many big family gatherings, and even when she used paper plates, there was always real cutlery.  Never plastic, never styrofoam, always biodegradable.  We all were willing to do dishwashing and drying duty.  

Do fundies like this think that all the pollution they create, will never affect any of their kids or grandkids?  They have to be some of the most selfish people on earth.

• Love 12
On 3/31/2018 at 7:22 PM, xwordfanatik said:

We agreed not to do that as well, and we got married in the early 70's, so it was already a thing then.  R E S P E C T, in the words of Aretha.

It just seemed tasteless to us, even though we were very young.  

Agreed. I also wanted nothing to do with the garter thing. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Agreed. I also wanted nothing to do with the garter thing. 

Oh right the garter thing.  The gunfire boys throw a football and whatever 18 year old boy catches it is the next to marry?

My mother made only 2 requests at my wedding.  First one was to speak clearly and loudly when saying our vows & second one was not to shove wedding cake in each other's faces. We happily obliged.

I think it's sad  that because of the high number of  wedding guests, the bride & groom don't have time to go around & meet with their guests. All they are concerned about is to leave ASAP to get it on. The rehearsal dinner is more of a reception than tbe actual reception is:  Decent food, decorations, family stories, number of attendees, etc. 

• Love 6

Barb23: I thought the same thing about the rehearsal dinner being more of a wedding reception than the actual reception. 

Your mother had two great requests. I agree with her wholeheartedly...great post.

• Love 5
On 3/29/2018 at 9:18 PM, ShaNaeNae said:

I also laughed at Joys “it seems like yesterday we were here getting married and now we’re expecting a baby, time flies!” That’s cause it was just a few yesterday’s Joy. It’s was 3 fucking months ago. Stop acting like you’re celebrating your silver anniversary. 

& Austin saying at his rehearsal "I can't believe we're doing this" was that sorta his subconscious telling him to rethink what he was about to do ;)  yea that Joy is one dim lightbulb for sure.

• Love 2
On 3/30/2018 at 5:41 PM, floridamom said:

Mary Duggar owns a great deal of houses; not great mansions, but she collects a lot of rent on them.

When the Duggars FIRST showed the video of them moving that log cabin house on the homestead, they plainly said it was for Mary to live in. ....but she moved in quickly with Deanna when she split with her husband, Terry. BTW, the house Deanna lives in is in her name and Mary Duggar's name. It was never Terry's house to begin with.

So, don't know how Joe & Kendra ended up living in the cabin. I have no idea who lives in the pool house...maybe Josiah will luck out and get it? 

I also agree that this family broke their own rules about having the husbands being able to provide a home for their brides. None of them, except for Jer & Austin have done that.

Even Joshua lived in his grandmother's house...only they didn't bother to renovate it for him. It was still a big step up for Anna from that trailer her parents lived in with 8 children at home.

I don't remember that ever being one of their rules. I remember there were rules about salary and income which they have broken freely, but beyond using the same income to pay for rent/morgage etc. I don't remember them ever having a rule that the husband should provide a home.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:22 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I winced at the plastic cutlery, too.  My MIL hosted many big family gatherings, and even when she used paper plates, there was always real cutlery.  Never plastic, never styrofoam, always biodegradable.  We all were willing to do dishwashing and drying duty.  

Do fundies like this think that all the pollution they create, will never affect any of their kids or grandkids?  They have to be some of the most selfish people on earth.

When you're expecting the Rapture any moment, concerns about pollution and environmental damage are wayyyyyyy down on the list of importance. Far below giving out lollipops and nail polish to heathens.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, LilJen said:

When you're expecting the Rapture any moment, concerns about pollution and environmental damage are wayyyyyyy down on the list of importance. Far below giving out lollipops and nail polish to heathens.

I never thought of it that way.  But then again, I can't wrap my heathen brain around their thought process...nor do I really want to.  Snarking is good fun; understanding?  Uh-uh.

• Love 2
On 3/27/2018 at 11:06 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Did anyone watch this carefully or have a DVR?  I didn't see Josh or Derik at the ceremony.  But, I wasn't paying super close attention either. 

Who were the bridal attendants?

TLC carefully films to avoid showing Josh, Derick and the Bateses (because they're contracted to a different channel.)

On 3/27/2018 at 12:28 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I like Kendra.  She is like a ray of sunshine and I notice how Joe just lights up when he is with her.  Her mother is gorgeous and her father very handsome.  I can't figure out how many siblings Kendra has?  I know the one sister, her maid of honor and i think one little flower girl who showed Kendra her outfit when she was dressed for the wedding.  Are there more?

She's very sweet and I simply feel bad for, as I do for all of them, that she is so brainwashed. I think she has 7 siblings -- and her mom is so young, there may well be a few more! 

On 3/27/2018 at 5:07 PM, Mollie said:

On 3/28/2018 at 12:03 AM, Bridget said:

Why don’t Jana & Laura have their own TV show on HGTV yet? 

They need to run away from the compound, find a spot to live in that has internet access and create their own lifestyle/decorating/How To web page.

They’re so damn talented and have creative visions that even the most savvy Pinterest pinner would swoon over.

I know it's probably ridiculous but I absolutely love the fantasy that they're in love with each other!

On 3/29/2018 at 1:49 AM, Bridget said:

I remember the unmade meds & general messiness of the rooms too. I’ll bet before the older J-slaves got married, their room was cleaned regularly.

I think it’s beyond odd that anyone, even Laura, would willingly move into that house! I’d take a tour out of sheer morbid curiosity, but it’s nice for Jana to have a friend there to keep her sane & to keep her from breaking down company.

I still think Laura is stalking JD, but I have no idea what the draw is to him. I wonder if she tries to “catch him on the catwalk” in the middle of the night in her modest pajamas. (I can’t even imagine what THOSE look like)

Hasn’t she met Lawson or Nathan Bates, AKA My Secret Boyfriends, yet? (I’m older than them, a Catholic and a Democrat, yet I still have the dumbest “crush” on them. I know, I know!) Maybe Zach knows some nice guys or Chad has some cousins? Someone other than JD! Laura needs to aim higher and know her worth.

JD can be funny, but as others mentioned, at KenJoe’s bachelor/bachelorette party, he was driving the boat like an asshole & could’ve caused some major injuries if someone landed wrong. 

Laura is 32 or 33. Not that that's a massive age difference to be 4 or 5 years older than JD and 7 or so years older than Lawson or Nathan, but kind of a lot in their world. She's lost a lot of her fertile years already. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, LilJen said:

Yes the Rapture  may occur  any  moment , but we should  take care  of the earth  that God has given  us, also the "moment  " is in God's time frame  not ours even  more reason  to be careful  with God's creation . 

• Love 6
On 3/31/2018 at 11:46 AM, MamaMax said:

Didn't Jessa say in a TH that the log cabin is essentially on the Duggar's front lawn? 

Isn't the Duggar land pretty massive?  If I recall the main house is set back pretty far from the road and it's gated (or did I imagine things?). So to me I envision this little log cabin maybe a little closer to the road.  It's probably not right next to the main house but definitely close enough to where little bored kids could wander over easily.

1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Isn't the Duggar land pretty massive?  If I recall the main house is set back pretty far from the road and it's gated (or did I imagine things?). So to me I envision this little log cabin maybe a little closer to the road.  It's probably not right next to the main house but definitely close enough to where little bored kids could wander over easily.

I wondered if they were just putting it close so they could run the cable line out there HAHAHAAHA

• Love 3
On 3/31/2018 at 6:16 AM, Barb23 said:

A few thoughts about the meatball fiasco:

Ground beef seemed like a new phenomenon to these girls. It was like the first time Jenny had seen ground meat yet they use ground turkey in tator tot casserole or that greasy ground beef/meat & potato dish Jessa baked.  Like others have said, meatballs aren't that difficult to make & there are plenty of easy recipes out there if they are that challenged. I would expect the Duggars to have huge jars of frequently used seasonings on hand and at the ready but evidently not since they forgot to add them in.  It's like they don't even know that most meat needs some type of seasoning added to it when cooking.  I don't use a lot of spices but at least I jazz up a jar of spaghetti sauce with a few shakes of Italian seasoning.  There are many different prepackaged seasonings out there that I'm sure they don't know exist. One of my favorites is Weber brand "Kickin' Chicken" I get cheap at the Dollar Store.  It's our favorite seasoning on salmon. Jeremy was a good sport about eating the meatballs but I wonder what was going thru his mind especially when MEchelle said right away when he walked in that they weren't his Grandma's meatballs.  I'm hoping the sauce really did help.  Did anyone catch Jessa asking how they cook the meatballs?  She said something like How do we cook them? TOASTED?  Really Jess,  you are that cooking challenged?  Oh let's not forgot the chunks of onion they added. Like another poster said,  it looked like they filled up a quarter of the meatballs. 

Let's not forget Joy's contribution to cooking the dinner.  She was in charge of BOTH heating up jarred pasta sauce & cooking the noodles.  She acted like she had made the sauce from scratch & cooked it all day.  Why didn't she use the commercial range to cook the sauce & noodles?  I think it would be easier than dealing with  large pots on a regular size stove. Plus she would have had company with Jessa & Jana and the larger sink is right there for easy cleanup.  (I know, ha ha) It seems they are allergic to the commercial kitchen that they got for cheap & bragged about when they built the house. 

Just unbelievable for this whole group & their cooking skills or lack thereof. It turns out to be an embarrassment any time they are filmed cooking.  I really would like to see what their meals are for a week & how it's prepared. (I know they throw a frozen meal in the oven or microwave & call it a day.) Hopefully they are getting some fresh  fruit & vegetables from Jana's garden. 

Funny story about meatballs that maybe the thrifty time-challenged Duggars could use.   We had hamburgers when I was at Physical therapy rehab earlier in the year. They were always served for lunch the day after we had meatballs for dinner.  They sort  of squashed down plain meatballs & put them on a bun. I ended up cutting up my burger meatballs to make them fit on the bun better.  This wasn't a one time occurrence either - it was always burgers for lunch after meatball dinner. 

Maybe they do not know how to run those types of appliances or would not pay to have their home made compliant with what commercial grade stoves require?  https://www.missionrs.com/blog/guides/5-reasons-to-reconsider-installing-a-commercial-range-at-home/.  I think its just for show.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

someone has to be able to find a google earth view of the property.... right? 

Someone did.  The house isn't truly in the front yard, more like a couple hundred yards off to the side.  It's got a lovely view of the warehouses and the parking space, though.  Who needs to look at trees or fields when you can gaze upon a metal structure and various pieces of heavy equipment interspersed with piles of random items that the uninitiated would scathingly call junk?  If that doesn't cause a newly wed couple to turn away and head to the bedroom for sweet fellowship (and the resulting offspring), nothing would.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Someone did.  The house isn't truly in the front yard, more like a couple hundred yards off to the side.  It's got a lovely view of the warehouses and the parking space, though.  Who needs to look at trees or fields when you can gaze upon a metal structure and various pieces of heavy equipment interspersed with piles of random items that the uninitiated would scathingly call junk?  If that doesn't cause a newly wed couple to turn away and head to the bedroom for sweet fellowship (and the resulting offspring), nothing would.

Well, you forgot the most important feature of that location:  the scent from the City of Springdale dump across the street.  https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/05/duggar-family-home-faces-city-dump/

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Maybe they do not know how to run those types of appliances or would not pay to have their home made compliant with what commercial grade stoves require?  https://www.missionrs.com/blog/guides/5-reasons-to-reconsider-installing-a-commercial-range-at-home/.  I think its just for show.

The commercial kitchen is just another Duggar hypocrisy.   They went on & on how great the new commercial kitchen would be when the house was being built.  They raved that the commercial dishwasher takes 3 minutes to run but they end up using Styrofoam plates & plasticware.  The only time I remember seeing the dishwasher being used was when the boys put something, maybe a watch or a disposable camera, in it to see what would happen.  Maybe it was a science lesson for the SODRT.

I would hope the stove was made compliant for their use & the girls who do the cooking were instructed properly but like anything else with this family, that is doubtful.  I thought it would have been easier for Joy to use the commercial stove with plenty of room for the larger pots rather than trying to wrestle with them on a standard size stove. I have seen them use the commercial ovens - when Jessa burned the rolls at the Mothers Day lasagna dinner. 

Edited by Barb23
My phone likes to change Jessa to Jesse.
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I'm not sure they ever used the commercial stove.  At one point birds nested in the venting system.

Oh, I forgot all about that.  Besides the big table & occasionally the oven, it seems nothing in the commercial kitchen is used.  What a waste.  They should turn that area into a formal classroom. Lol. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, gunderda said:

In the episode where Joe was wiring the house you could see off in the distance the building that I think Ben lived in when he moved in with the Duggars. So I was thinking maybe it is in the back of the property, still fairly close.