Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Joe and Kendra Say I Do

• Start Topic

The time has finally come for Joe and Kendra to say I do; there are emotional moments with family and friends as they prepare for  their wedding day; when the ceremony begins, a few surprises and mishaps make sure it's a day they won't forget. 

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

these constant repeats get tedious. Is there nothing else going on? 

No.

But we do get to see Joy break down when she admits she struggled being a cult member and how Joe pulled her back into the fold.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It's been six months since Joe and Kendra got married. Surely they painted something, or went out to a restaurant or had a baby. Hey Josiah started courting, it would help not only current, but future wedding ratings if the audience actually met Lauren before the wedding. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe they are hoping that if they make the viewers feel like we have been lobotomized, we will be more likely to be swayed to the Duggars' whacked out beliefs?

• Love 2

The fact that Jana and Jessa messed up the meatballs just says volumes about Michelle's bad mothering. She's supposed to teach those girls to be wives and they can't even read a recipe. All their food has to be horribly bland if they forgot the spices.s

• Love 16

If I were living under a rock, and just happened to stumble across this show, based on all the tears at the rehearsal, I would think Joe and Kendra were moving to Iraq or Afghanistan.  If I hear “cause” instead of “because” one more time, I am going to scream. 

• Love 5

Jesus H. Christ, this girl’s laugh.  Must. Get. Through. This. Episode.

I love the super low-key shade that’s being thrown around by some of the Duggar daughters: “Kendra is so joyful!” “Kendra is so full of sweetness and spirit today!”  Translation: “Jesus H. Christ, this girl’s laugh!”

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 15

I noticed a lot of empty seats.  Apparently, a Duggar girl's wedding attracts a much larger crowd.  Wonder where they hid Josh and Derick.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 5

How glorious that all Kendra’s father could come up with to sum up her attributes were her smiles, cheerfulness, and abilities to cook and take care of children.  I think I’m more sad about that than the fact that she’s getting married at “19 and 28 days.”

*sigh*

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

The fact that Jana and Jessa messed up the meatballs just says volumes about Michelle's bad mothering. She's supposed to teach those girls to be wives and they can't even read a recipe. All their food has to be horribly bland if they forgot the spices.s

And I think it was Jenny who was asking questions about the raw ground beef, like it was the first time she had seen it.  But i guess in this household, it probably was. 

Still can't get over that Pastor Caldwell looks so much younger than Joe.

Those Duggar guys have really gotten a greasy look about them as they've aged.

• Love 13

Did Kendra start calling Joe 'babe' the second they got married? Or did they always call each other that? I've never called someone babe in my life, ever. I think it may be a Duggar requirement. 

Those two are cute together. I wish them well. ?

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Haha!  Find any?

Was Joe's sobbing 'normal' for a guy getting married?  

Plus he had already seen her during their First Look. But in a way, I still find it sweet.

Did anyone else notice Joy sitting on Austin's lap during the rehearsal in the church?  Don't think that was appropriate.

By the looks of the previews, this is what we should have been shown this season - Joken honeymoon, pregnancy announcements, etc. 

• Love 4

Why we're her parents so thrilled when she shoved cake all over his face? I always think that is mean. So much kissing. I guess that is what happens, when you have never kissed prior to marriage. I don't know any of those other Duggar boys. Had no idea who they were! I think Joe and Kendra could not wait to get to the hotel and rip each other's clothes off. 

• Love 11

only made it through half the episode so far, but seriously, Jana and Jessa don't have any idea how to make meatballs? OK, I'm from New Jersey, but still, that's pretty much one of the first things I learned how to make at age 14. Meatballs, pot roast with homemade mashed potatoes, beef stew, chicken and dumplings, and pork chops were about the 5 rotating meals that I grew up with. And as far as spices go, they're great with just garlic powder and parmesan cheese for flavor. 

I'm also still trying to figure out how the house Joe and Kendra are living in got moved over to Jim Bob's front lawn. Unless I didn't hear the history of the house correctly. But why was it totally gutted on the inside and it had to be completely redone?

• Love 5

"I admire my mom.  She's very helpful and always there for us kids.  She's very sweet when one of the kids get hurt.  She makes sure we learnt many useful things and made sure we knew she loved us and was there for us. I hope Kendra is a lot like her as a mom!"

"Joe, we're asking you about Michelle."

"Oh! Oh yeah, she's great, too."

• Love 9

They appear to have doubled down on Michelle's medication for this episode.  Especially the scene with Kendra's mom. Kendra's mom was saying, "I can't believe this is happening so soon!"

Michelle-"Oh, I know! I've been through this before! Its sooo precious!....... Where am I?  What am I doing here?" I swear this is exactly what the scene looked like.

• Love 13

Kendra is really just a sweet girl. Her giggling would drive even the most patient person crazy, but I like her. 

Her mom having trouble keeping it together when she saw her dress was yet another highlight of how checked out Michelle is.  None of that “Ooohhh myyyy preciiiooouus”, but just genuine love and emotion.  I almost felt uncomfortable watching it. 

Jana really is running everything, huh? “Here comes Jana!” *all boys hastily pick up their tools and pretend to work.*

• Love 18

I like JoKen together but honestly seeing Kendra shows how messed up fundie culture really is. Girl was soooo excited and nervous about the first kiss, it was all she could talk about. She’s whispering to him about it and how he’d do it the whole time during pictures and even on stage at the wedding, she’s telling him to take his time with it. If girlfriend is so nervous about a kiss, I can only imagine how she was when Joe got it up and put it in . . . .

Her parents were sooo proud when she smashed cake in his face — mom saying she was encouraging it, dad yelling out “that’s my girl.” It’s sad that the parents and the girl think — see I am spunky and my own person; the only way I can prove it is with cake?!?

Kendra’s FINE dad was a bit over the top with the whole — we’ve raised her for 19 yrs, 28 days, prayed for her husband for 19 yrs, 28 days. We get it marriage is all that matters, but you’re acting like your 19 yr old who appears to have the maturity of a 6th grader is actually 45 and you’re worried she’ll never meet a man. I can’t imsgine how any parent in 2018 feels ok with a daughter marrying with NO education or skills or job or ability to support herself - even just as a fallback.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 19

During the speeches at the rehearsal dinner - did Joy say something like " Joe helped me in my teen years when I was struggling adopting my parents faith"  ??? What was that all about ?? she had a struggle? she had  a choice to have a struggle ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7

I seldom watch this show but caught a few bits and pieces tonight, specifically Jessa and Jana making meatballs and the boys making a bench.  And all I could think of the whole time was that this is a group of unattractive (the men in particular), uninteresting people doing mundane things badly while surrounded by a group of bored children.  I know people here watch in order to snark, but there are obviously a few hundred thousand people each week who find this family entertaining.  I don't get it.

• Love 7

I can't believe that Jenny NEVER SAW ground beef before it's cooked? What the heck does this family eat? Crappy food, I believe. So shocked that Jessa OR Jana can't make meatballs. Anyone can mix up that stuff and come out with something decent. Also, Jessa's onions were way too large for meatballs. She wasn't making meat LOAF. 

I have my doubts as to what a great cook Jana may really be. I'm sure those kids eat only the pre packaged frozen meatballs, IF they have meatballs with their spaghetti. Can't believe also that they simply heated up jarred sauce. Screwed up that recipe too, I'm sure.

None of those child brides were ready to get married....none of them. I like Joe, he's a nice kid but also a kid. So sad that they have to marry just to put their arms around someone special's waist.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

How glorious that all Kendra’s father could come up with to sum up her attributes were her smiles, cheerfulness, and abilities to cook and take care of children.  I think I’m more sad about that than the fact that she’s getting married at “19 and 28 days.”

*sigh*

At some point in the show, there was an embroidered something or other on a wall that had Kendra's birthdate on it.   I almost fell out of my bed, she's a year younger than my son.   My son has no intention of marriage or children for many years, and is aware he is nowhere near ready for it.    Amazing how thought processes change when you don't teach them that kissing, hand holding, frontal hugging, sex, and even masturbation will send them to hell.    

These poor Duggar kids are so sexually frustrated that they just jump at the first person to look at them twice.   They commit to marriage literally three months after agreeing they like each other.   I'm willing to bet many of them are going to be miserable in ten years.   So sad.

• Love 19

Joy getting authentically emotional about how Joe was a good brother to her growing up...granted... she's a bloated bean bag chair of hormones at 3 months pregnant, but still touching.

Too much Michelle and please stop putting a mic on her...she is a dithering idiot...

Anna and Michelle sitting on the Time Out couch...do not film persons sitting on that couch...

Producer: Joe, you gonna fill up that ditch you dug to lay the electrical?

Joe: Nope, gonna make it deeper and wider and fill it with water...Kendrab wants a moat to keep that pesky Josie from ringing the damn doorbell every 5 minutes...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, sATL said:

During the speeches at the rehearsal dinner - did Joy say something like " Joe helped me in my teen years when I was struggling adopting my parents faith"  ??? What was that all about ?? she had a struggle? she had  a choice to have a struggle ?

Everyone has a choice. A Duggar kid could  have taken some different road by now. Even a slightly different road. The odds are that one or more would have. So the fact that they haven't is at least partly due, I'm guessing, to the fact that their parents have successfully weaponized the kids against each other. If somebody is less than robotic for a millisecond some shithead sibling jumps in to stop it, as he or she has been programmed to do. 

Whatever tiny bit of positive feeling I've ever had toward fucking Joe is now gone since I know that he's responsible for snuffing out whatever little impulse for self preservation Joy had. Ass. Ass-Robot. 

... And I see that Joy is now weepy when she thinks of it? Yeah, weep with gratitude, Joyless. Your brainwashed brother killed you. And you've been nonsurgically lobotomized to respond with ... gratitude ... It's nauseating. 

To pump out 19 kids and then bend your every effort to completely wiping out any chance that they have to be human individuals is pure evil on the part of these parents. They're insanely greedy monsters, both of them. And the same has got to be at least partly true of the other parents who are so eager to marry their kids into the Duggar mix so they can be close to all the "fame." It's appalling. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
5 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I seldom watch this show but caught a few bits and pieces tonight, specifically Jessa and Jana making meatballs and the boys making a bench.  And all I could think of the whole time was that this is a group of unattractive (the men in particular), uninteresting people doing mundane things badly while surrounded by a group of bored children.  I know people here watch in order to snark, but there are obviously a few hundred thousand people each week who find this family entertaining.  I don't get it.

Jizm Boob and Meeeechelle aren't the only people in America who'd love to have their children be robots, most likely. I'd be surprised if at least three quarters of a mill of watchers don't see the whole hideous Duggar lifestyle as a wonderful gauzy fantasy they wish that they could live. 

People have much more in common with sheep than we're generally willing to admit. And the crappy Duggar parents have raised a whole barnful. For a frightening number of people, I expect that witnessing such an authoritarian vision come to life makes them all tingly in the nether parts.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

I figured it out! I knew that Kendra reminded me so much of one of my cousins, but, she's also so much like Shirley Temple!  She was a child star from yesteryear.  Here's a clip if you have never heard of her. They resemble, plus, their personalities are so similar!

I was really turned off when Kendra's dad said he had done his part and now it was Joe's to do his......how rude and thoughtless....who talks that way in a wedding ceremony? So, disrespectful to the couple and guests.  I got the feeling that Kendra tolerates him.  And then her mom coached her to smear cake on Joe's face.  Her mom was thrilled by that.  What an odd group.  I can't even see JB and Shell doing that. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, flyingdi said:

"I admire my mom.  She's very helpful and always there for us kids.  She's very sweet when one of the kids get hurt.  She makes sure we learnt many useful things and made sure we knew she loved us and was there for us. I hope Kendra is a lot like her as a mom!"

He must have been talking about Jana.

• Love 11

I found it so odd that Joe was frequently the first person in the morning to say I love you to Joy.

Mornings were hectic in our family of seven, growing up, and I love you's were not said by anyone in the morning.  At night during tuck-ins, and maybe going out the door for school.

I have two brothers, one a year older, and one a year younger, and neither has ever told me they love me!

• Love 2