Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: The Wrong Maria Gonzalez

• Start Topic

How do the FBI and the US Attorney's office not lock down those people caught poisoning themselves with Ice Juice?  They go through the trouble of surveilling these fakers and even surveilling Bobby arranging for these fakers and they haven't interviewed them yet?

That should be one of the first things they did.  How did they get Bobby's funds frozen and then an agreement from him not to trade?  They would have to have some kind of evidence and those videos would be one of the primary pieces of evidence.

I wouldn't think they could freeze Axe's funds or get him to sign an agreement without some court ruling that those actions are legitimate and in order to get such rulings, they'd have to show evidence that the govt. had a strong case.

But what were they doing, holding their dicks while Axe could have a chance to tamper with the witnesses?

Since when did Wendy start coaching Chuck on his professional moves?  She's coaching both guys now?  At least she gets millions from Axe.  What is Chuck doing for her besides letting her torture him and get him off with his cuckolding fantasies?  Chuck makes these kinds of moves all the time so why does he suddenly need Wendy to goad him on?

Lara won't accept what is on the surface a compliment about her bravery in leaving Axe so she goes all mean girl and tells that woman that she is the one that's the gold digger, the one who doesn't rate being in the gossip columns unless she's married to some successful guy.  Of course, this kind of putdown is exactly mimicking Bobby's putdowns of rivals, employees, etc.

Taylor's not as brilliant and infallible as she seemed.  She needs that special app. that Bobby has on his phone which will throw alerts when there's a Black Swan event.  Maybe instead of smashing up devices, she should configure them or hire guys to do so, like Axe did.  She threatens to walk away if Bobby doesn't let her run the firm.  But as Bryan said to her last season, she's getting more and more buried into the lifestyle -- though she's probably spending a lot of time at the office and not so much time at her swanky crib these days.

I wonder what came first, them clearing the rights to use "Round Here" or naming the character Maria and then paying to use the song because the lyrics mention Maria.

• Love 3

They go through the trouble of surveilling these fakers and even surveilling Bobby arranging for these fakers and they haven't interviewed them yet?

I am a little annoyed that they appear to have one side act in a totally unbelievable way in order to set up a scenario where Bobby could potentially get out of a situation where he would otherwise be completely screwed. 

I thought The Real Maria Gonzalez was going to eat a bullet the minute she got off that bus in Guatemala. But this isn't that type of show I suppose.

Not securing the witnesses/co-conspirators does seem like a colossal screw-up.

Lara, shut the fuck up. Just because you hate your life without Bobby on your arm doesn't mean you need to put others down for thinking they will be fine if they leave their dirtbag husbands. But yes, take your kids as long as you aren't doing it to just be a bitch...50/50 doesn't have to literally mean they spend that much time with him. He can have them when it's convenient or he wants to do something. And if you can see your kids are growing up as entitled douchbags, stop making snarky comments about it (this isn't the first time) and actually raise them to not be little rich assholes.

Since when did Wendy start coaching Chuck on his professional moves?

The minute she got caught up in possible illegal activity between Axe and Chuck's conspiring I think.

I wonder what came first, them clearing the rights to use "Round Here" or naming the character Maria and then paying to use the song because the lyrics mention Maria.

For some reason that song was very annoying, every time it started I got pulled out of the scene and kept wondering about this fucking song.

• Love 6

Bobby is not one of those helicopter parents.

He'll use a helicopter to get his kids to their little league games but he won't go himself and hover over them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, jvr said:

I thought The Real Maria Gonzalez was going to eat a bullet the minute she got off that bus in Guatemala.

I really liked that they showed that all this complex and clever ego fights for power and money, end up throwing real people on the trash heap. They didn't say anything, just left us with this heartbreaking picture of her.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, meira.hand said:

I really liked that they showed that all this complex and clever ego fights for power and money, end up throwing real people on the trash heap. They didn't say anything, just left us with this heartbreaking picture of her.

I thought that was such a powerful scene.  I felt heartbroken for her.  I hope all the big players get fucked over.  Maybe Wendy's 'coaching' of both the douchebags will end up bad for both of them...maybe that is her end game.  That I would love.

Was the conversation between Bobby and Taylor at the end considered illegal in regard to his deal?  A lot of the stock market talk is above my pay grade.  

Just now, TV Diva Queen said:

Was the conversation between Bobby and Taylor at the end considered illegal in regard to his deal?  A lot of the stock market talk is above my pay grade.  The little knowledge I have about the market I learned from Trading Places and unless Bobby gets into the frozen concentrated orange juice gig, I pretty much fog over those scenes.

Was the conversation between Bobby and Taylor at the end considered illegal in regard to his deal?  A lot of the stock market talk is above my pay grade.  

I could be wrong, but I presume any discussion they have about trades or money for Axe Capital is a big no no, even if it is just confirming what Taylor already planned. 

Also, shut up Lara.  I recognize that sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto, but being needlessly nasty for no real reason isn't exactly an endearing quality. 

Poor Maria Gonzalez. 

• Love 3
On 4/2/2018 at 4:50 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

It was.  He’s going to be trading that 2 billion once Taylor transfers it to other companies.

Bobby showed what a piece of shit he is by smiling when watching Maria Gonzalez getting on the plane.  What a useless piece of garbage he is.  

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 4/5/2018 at 1:49 AM, Lemons said:

It was.  He’s going to be trading that 2 billion once Taylor transfers it to other companies.

Bobby showed what a piece of shit he is by smiling when watching Maria Gonzalez getting on the plane.  What a useless piece of garbage he is.  

Chuck is no better.  He is extorting a federal judge. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GussieK said:

I think Chuck is better.  Chuck called in a favor because he apparently did a favor for the judge.  He reminded the judge how he helped the Judge's drug dealing son keep his medical license.  That's not extortion.  It's not ethical but it's not extortion.  And destroying another person's life to benefit you financially is as despicable as you can get.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 6 April 2018 at 10:55 PM, GussieK said:

He's not but I feel like the show plays up Chuck the bad guy vs Bobby the underdog a lot. I don't feel Bobby gets called out for being a piece of shit whereas with Chuck it's constantly said.

• Love 2
On 4/9/2018 at 4:33 PM, Chas411 said:

He's not but I feel like the show plays up Chuck the bad guy vs Bobby the underdog a lot. I don't feel Bobby gets called out for being a piece of shit whereas with Chuck it's constantly said.

It does.  The show likes to pretend there are two protagonists, but there's only one - Axelrod.  Not sure how this show will end, but the writers clearly love Axelrod, when truth is, he's as pathetic as they go out of their way to write Chuck to be.  All that money, and he's still a miserable control freak.  

On 4/2/2018 at 11:08 AM, txhorns79 said:

I am a little annoyed that they appear to have one side act in a totally unbelievable way in order to set up a scenario where Bobby could potentially get out of a situation where he would otherwise be completely screwed. 

Yep, in order to keep the "conflict" going, the show inorganically clips the wings of the "law" to boost Axelrod.  

I have never and still do not understand Wendy in relation to Chuck.  Maggie Siff doesn't give me any reason to believe that Wendy loves Chuck, so I have no idea why she remains in the marriage.      

And look, I love me some Clancy Brown, but talk about "on the nose" with his character. I expect to have a scene where Dake or Chuck meets him out in some shooting range while he waxes poetic over the sound of a gatling gun (I've not watched the latest eps yet).  Good grief.    

• Love 3
(edited)
On 4/2/2018 at 12:45 PM, jvr said:

I thought The Real Maria Gonzalez was going to eat a bullet the minute she got off that bus in Guatemala. But this isn't that type of show I suppose.

Not securing the witnesses/co-conspirators does seem like a colossal screw-up.

Lara, shut the fuck up. Just because you hate your life without Bobby on your arm doesn't mean you need to put others down for thinking they will be fine if they leave their dirtbag husbands. But yes, take your kids as long as you aren't doing it to just be a bitch...50/50 doesn't have to literally mean they spend that much time with him. He can have them when it's convenient or he wants to do something. And if you can see your kids are growing up as entitled douchbags, stop making snarky comments about it (this isn't the first time) and actually raise them to not be little rich assholes.

The minute she got caught up in possible illegal activity between Axe and Chuck's conspiring I think.

For some reason that song was very annoying, every time it started I got pulled out of the scene and kept wondering about this fucking song.

I'm a new binge viewer, just watched this episode. And yes, that fucking Counting Crows song. The fuck.

In fact, one of my few other posts so far during my binge was in the S2 episode with that tired ass U2 song. And the Metallica, and the Megadeth, and "Even the Losers". The music on this show is like a rusty chainsaw sometimes. I think I've gotten spoiled in Peak TV, I want my damned ironic cover versions and exquisite deep cuts. I mean, this show doesn't lean heavily into 'subtle' in any case, but the soundtrack sounds like someone got the job as a favor. 

Edited to add: I came to the show for Asia Kate Dillon. I'm glad to see that actor continue to steal the camera from (yawn) Damien Lewis. 

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 2