Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Lies, Amplifiers, and Fucking Twitter

• Start Topic

I rewatched ep1: we never the cafe scene where Carrie "accidentally" met Dante but he was introducted when he refused to testify to the Senator. I guess that was done in purpose so that we would have no reason to doubt him. In the same time, it was due to Carrie's singleminded complacency that she was so easily duped.   

I just noticed that O'Keefe spoke of "FBI source" - was it Dante? 

Regarding the general's murder: he was brought to the prison right in the same day when he was sentenced, so Wellington could have arranged his murder only if he had had a plan before which was unlikely. 

I find interesting that in the show the theme children vs task was before used in a different way. It was because of Abu Nazir's son was killed in a bombing ordered by the US Vice President who knew there was children on the spor but didn't care of it and lied about the news afterwards that made Brody decide to avenge on the VP and his CIA cronies. And it was his daughter's call where she asked him a promise to come home that prevented Brody to make the second attempt (his first attempt had failed).   

Also, in S2 and S3 Carrie refused to follow orders because of Brody, i.e. she put Brody before her task and country. In this season she has - untill now - been unable to use simple common sense: not take Franny with her when she her carrying out her private missions but let her live at her sister's. Although the decisions seem to be opposite, there are common trait in them: they are based solely on emotion, not reason, and the Narcistictic belief in her abilities.   

What does it prove that two people have been at the same time in the same city and in the hotel? Has the Russian intelligence become so stupid that they can't arrange random meetings? Or are the writers of this show totally unaware that you can cross many borders in Europe without showing your passport, once you are inside the so called Schengen area?    

Edited by Roseanna
correcting grammar

Saul said that he can't trust Carrie any more, meaning her believing Dante and her problems with medication. 

However, the disruption in Saul and Carrie's relationship has been a constant theme for several seasons:
- in the end of S4 Saul offered Carrie a job and she refused, disgusted that Saul was in good terms with Dar who had made a deal with a terrorist leader
- in S5 Saul didn't accept that Carrie worked for Duering foundation which he regarded an "enemy"
- in S6 Carrie lied to Saul that she didn't work as an advisor to the PEOTUS
- and now Saul accepted the post as the National Security Advisor to the President whose Carrie until now regarded a "Fascist" and whose Chief-of-Staff she suspected to have murdered the general while Saul thinks the Russians are behind everything and thus Carrie has worked for the "enemy"

For a guy who in S5 fell for an agent of Russia, Saul is far too eager to use the label "working for the enemy" if Carrie makes an error of judgment or wants to work outside the CIA. He has never used harsh towards Dar who has both worked with him and doublecrossed him. He behaves like a father whose daughter had failed or betrayed him, not a spy master who must use people he needs whether he likes them or not.  

I wish, just once, that someone would tell Franny to sit down and be quiet, and stop asking questions that are none of her damn business. That kid bugs me like no other. I cannot stand her. Even if Carrie didn't already have issues, Franny's constant whiny questions would be enough to drive anybody around the bend.