Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Tell All - Part 1

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Robyn will apply Abreva were needed.

I laughed out loud. 

7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I will roll my eyes!  if Meri talks about dilling with mistrust, and her fillings being so hurt, by her "best friends" (LOL) sisters-in-spiritual-marriage.  

Also: having her guard up, and wondering about her place in the family. 

3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Robin isn't looking her best.

Her neck! What is happening??? 

3 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Have Janelle and Kody ever had these problems in their marriage? I know he and Christine have. 

Yes! So much so that Janelle moved away for a long time - like two years! 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, goodolmom said:

I wonder if Meri offering to divorce Kody was more of an effort to get his attention, hoping he'd try and talk her out of it.  

Just my opinion . . . I think the whole divorce thing may have been suggested by TLC.  "We need to shake things up if you guys are going to get another season of the show.  Let's have Kody and Meri get a divorce so Kody can marry Robyn and legally adopt her kids.  The 'fans' will love it!!!  And you'll have another year of mortgage payments on the houses!!!"

ETA another (probably even MORE real) possibility:  Robyn says to Kody, "Take me out of the rotation until you divorce Meri and make me the legal wife.  Tell her we have to do it so you can pretend to adopt my kids.  Tell her we have to do it so TLC will give us another year; otherwise, she'll have to give up her house and move in with Janelle."

I also think the divorce was real (there's documentation online), but that the "adoptions" were fake.  Right after they became final, the three kids went to spend time with their father!!  Who does that after an adoption?

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I tuned in for most (I think) of the clip show.  The younger kids look like they're over it, especially Savannah who i felt got teased a bit too much.  She looks uncomfortable just like her mom Janelle.

I'm wondering if Savanah wasn't feeling well. She looked a bit peaked, and someone told someone else to stop teasing her. That plus the blanket and her being so quiet made me think she was under the weather.

• Love 3

I just can't with the loooong tearful pauses from Meri every time she is asked a question and having to watch her wipe her tears with her fingers. If the host was any good she would know how to move it along but noooo we have to be subjected to Meri's drama. 

Meri doesn't give a rat's ass about Kody. She is hanging around as long as the show keeps getting renewed. 

I guess the other wives decided before taping that they would join together and pretend (lie) that they all love Meri (c'mon now Janelle, we know better) and life would never be the same if she left them. That's sure not what they were saying the last several episodes.

The little clip for next week of Tony complaining that Mykelti has changed since the marriage- I'm living for it! I guess all is not well in matrimony land. Can't wait to see FT stick his fat foot right in his fat mouth!

That soft, sincere voice Christine brings out when she wants to look like she's smart drives me crazy. Then she goes batshit crazy at game night! I swear she is high on some kind of meds. Woman is nuts!

• Love 16

If Kody just got a normal man’s haircut and a nice deep condition he would look so much better. The shaved part on the sides was a good start. Now he needs some kind of haircut on the top, short enough so he couldn’t make a man bun. I think it would improve his look a lot. 

Edited by gardendiva
Bad grammar
  • Love 15

No big surprises tonight. Hopefully next week will have a few juicy tidbits. I think we all know for sure what's up with Meri and Kody (nothing!). I truly believe Meri wants their relationship to get back to "husband and wife" and all that that entails. 

I also believe Robyn when she says she wants more from her relationships with the other wives. She went into this marriage thinking it was going to be the idealized version of polygamy - one big happy family, including a loving husband, great kids and three best friends. She got the husband and the kids, but the best friends, not so much. I think I would feel the same way - what's the point of having sister wives if you aren't friends? Feh.

1 minute ago, gardendiva said:

If Kody just got a normal man’s haircut and a nice deep condition he would look so much better. The shaved part on the sides was a good start. Now just some kind of haircut so he didn’t have enough to put into a man bun would be a good start.

It is so time for him to bite the bullet on that hair. But in a way, I get it, because Mr. Gothish is hanging onto his mullet like it's saving him from falling off a cliff - he gets a trim every once in while, but he just won't cut it off!

• Love 11

That was a nice callback Robyn gave Meri. “You both need to work on it.” Hehehe, she is exerting that legal wife status to he max. Meri could barely contain her shock. Lol...????

Sometimes I think the host is decent and other times she irks me. She will ask one question, then not ask a follow up as soon as the fake answer is given. 

So you pretty much made the legal situation in Utah for polygamists worse by going public...wow. Guess Kody Brown & Co effed it up again. It’s laughable that they think they are a great example of polygamy. The host incredulously  said, “You all believed you were going to get arrested?” The issues they created themselves. Wow. Poor kids.

Meri looks so miserable. Janelle looks annoyed, like she is smelling farts and barely saying a word unless asked a direct question. Only Christine really looks happy and she is so on something great. 

Edited by Spiderella2
Mis-Spellings irk me
  • Love 10

I want to pull my hair out when Janelle says most therapists will tell us the problem is polygamy but that's why we like Nancy.

A significant part of the problem in the marriage is the polygamy, which has led to too many adults in the household and Meri being an empty nester while her husband has babies with other women. So basically Janelle wants a therapist who won't tell her the truth. Which is a really healthy way to tackle your issues. Not.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

I’m not a fan of the man bun but I have to say I much prefer this over the mop he’s been wearing. At least it closely resembles a haircut!

I was soooooo glad not to see that fried mess with all of the product on it.  All for the man bun!!!! (until he cuts it all off)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I'm wondering if Savanah wasn't feeling well. She looked a bit peaked, and someone told someone else to stop teasing her. That plus the blanket and her being so quiet made me think she was under the weather.

So the family either allowed or induced a sick child to participate in this and sit front and center feeling like shit? Either way, not a good impression. To me most of the kids looked bored and over it. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Onceafan said:

I want to pull my hair out when Janelle says most therapists will tell us the problem is polygamy but that's why we like Nancy

And Nancy has been told she will keep her paying gig as long as she maintains the lie. That’s why she will never bring it up and never get a better paying gig than this one.  If it ends, she is out of business.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, gardendiva said:

If Kody just got a normal man’s haircut and a nice deep condition he would look so much better. The shaved part on the sides was a good start. Now he needs some kind of haircut on the top, short enough so he couldn’t make a man bun. I think it would improve his look a lot. 

I sense that Kody has an emotional attachment to his hair, the same as some women do.  You know who they are. They are over 40 with hair down to their waist and they cannot let it go.  Kyle from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills comes to mind. Cher used to be that way too.  It may take a while in therapy for him to let it go, but, I think he looks attractive either way.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

No, just under emotional blackmail from Robyn and Kody about the "safety and well being of her kids," from their supposedly abusive father...which we have yet to see or hear actual evidence of. And Christine also weighed in on the importance of "adopting those kids,"  saying in a TH that if something happened to Robyn, they'd lose her kids unless Kody adopted them legally. Side note: Christine is actually related to Robyn's kids through the Jessops, right?  No, I don't think the divorce was something Meri actually wanted to have happen. And I think she was fucked either way. If she said no, Kody would cut her off in favor of his new working womb, and when she said yes, he did it anyway.  Not to mention Robyn's kids, particularly Aurora and Brianna, being informed that the reason that they weren't Browns was because of Meri.  As far as the divorce was concerned, it was emotional duress. How she dealt with it afterward, was on her. 

Man, the game night flashbacks did Robyn no favors. And it did the opposite for Christine. She looks better now. 

And the phone call at dinner from Kody to Christine? Man, someone (Robyn) looked ticked.  I don't really think Janelle cares if Kody calls her or not.

I absolutely agree that Mary's marriage was taken away under duress. And we don't really know all the other pressures that they put on her. And you are right, she was screwed one way or the other. She was in a lose lose situation.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

I didn't believe the other wives when they all said that they love Meri and want her to be there. 

Meri is not the only liar in that bunch....they all deserve each other.  

I think Christine is the biggest fakey weasel in the bunch.  I wouldn’t trust her two-faced pseudo dumb/sweet act at all.  And her daughter...the little girl Truely I think is her name....acts just as needy and attention-grabbing as her mother.  Every scene where’s she’s present she worms her way right into the center (I’m thinking of when the wives did that dance number at a shower..that kid was up there dancing with them....none of the others did that).  Is she a Golden Child in that family like King Solomon?

As far as Meri being unfaithful ....what Kody does with his rotating bed sets the tone in all their relationships, in my opinion   Normally I would say what she did was very bad....but in this instance I really understand why it happened.  Why should she grovel for forgiveness when Kody does worse openly all the time, flaunting it as being his godly right?  

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

My marriage was less sexually charged then Meri's "friendship" with "Sam".  :-P

I meant that sexually part as a general thing not about Mary particularly. And no I have not heard any of the voicemails or anything or read anything.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, b2H said:

And Nancy has been told she will keep her paying gig as long as she maintains the lie. That’s why she will never bring it up and never get a better paying gig than this one.  If it ends, she is out of business.

Who is Nancy

12 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

I wish that just one of these women would turn to this useless host and say, “Meri made every effort to leave this family and would have done so if her ‘stud’ hadn’t actually been a mentally-ill woman named Jackie.  Now this bitch is hanging onto us like a barnacle, with her nose out of joint, insisting on being given a place/role in the family.  How much longer do I have to pretend that this is acceptable?!”

11 hours ago, antfitz said:

I disagree with your point of view. I think Mary felt discarded long before this and that the only reason she got involved with that other person. Her husband had really moved on to the new woman, the new toy. He even took away the fact that she was the legal wife. I think she felt abandoned.

I don't think these two view are incompatible.

First, the huge elephant in the room, which TPTB permit this grifter crew to continue avoiding, is that Meri had one foot out the door and would've run out on the family completely if it hadn't turned out that her online fling was a scam.  Now Meri expects the rest of the family, including her daughter and husband, to give her a compete "reset" and go on as though none of that actually happened.  In fact, if it hadn't blown up so publicly and stayed secret, that's exactly what she'd be doing and no one else would be any the wiser.

However, the online affair was a symptom and the result of long-standing issues in Meri's and Kody's marriage.  I think I remarked last season that it seemed that it was the polygamous lifestyle that allowed Kody and Meri to avoid dilling with those issues for so long.  If they were monogamous it would've been much tougher to avoid those issue (or at least to deny they were there).

Ultimately though, they still aren't dilling with those underlying issue and they never will as long as they're allowed to pretend that they're all the victims of an eeevil "cat-fisher".  This works for them because it allows them to avoid the issue, and it allows them to play victim, which is what they're best at.  

Otherwise, the show was a snoozer.  The host allowed them to continue the canard that the anti-polygamy law is worse now.  That's not entirely true.  As I read it, the changed law is harder to enforce (previously it required x or y; now it requires x and y), although the penalties are harsher.  So it's harder to get convicted, but if you do the punishment is worse.  And wouldn't it be nice for the host to ask, just once, "if the Utah Attorney General is being honest about only enforcing this law when there's some other offense like welfare fraud, etc. going on, would there be any basis for him to prosecute you?"

Christine is turning more and more into Kody with her self-importance and belief on the profundity of her own every utterance.  By next season she'll have the finger-steeple down cold. 

And Janelle just looks overly-Xanaxed.  

• Love 22
15 minutes ago, Phronsie said:

As far as Meri being unfaithful ....what Kody does with his rotating bed sets the tone in all their relationships, in my opinion   Normally I would say what she did was very bad....but in this instance I really understand why it happened.  Why should she grovel for forgiveness when Kody does worse openly all the time, flaunting it as being his godly right?

Because, and I'm not defending Kody here, Meri herself co-signed Kody's ability to have a "rotation" as his "godly right" when she bought into the plygamist lifestyle.  

There are a shit-ton of things I'll blame on Kody.  But none of the wives get to agree to "marry" into a "plural" family and then use the presence of the other "wives" as an excuse to have intimate relationships (sexual or emotional) with other men.  

Caveat: my somewhat qualified defense of Meri would be that these women are all brainwashed from the time they're children and so expecting them to call bullshit on the whole dill, get divorced and find a real, monogamous relationship is easier said than done

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Because, and I'm not defending Kody here, Meri herself co-signed Kody's ability to have a "rotation" as his "godly right" when she bought into the plygamist lifestyle.  

There are a shit-ton of things I'll blame on Kody.  But none of the wives get to agree to "marry" into a "plural" family and then use the presence of the other "wives" as an excuse to have intimate relationships (sexual or emotional) with other men.  

Caveat: my somewhat qualified defense of Meri would be that these women are all brainwashed from the time they're children and so expecting them to call bullshit on the whole dill, get divorced and find a real, monogamous relationship is easier said than done

Didn't mean to infer it is an excuse to have an intimate relationship with another man....I said I could understand why it happened, in large part due to the crazy setup they live in.  

I really agree with your thought about these women being brainwashed from an early age....it does really warp them for making good decisions.  

• Love 4

I agree that the whole situation is completely f'd up, because none of these five adults will admit the REAL truth to each other. Nancy is a quack, and any therapist worth their salt would make them have some real conversations about their many-faceted relationships. Trouble is, I believe all five of them would walk out on a therapist who actually made them be honest and really look at what's wrong.

The "Did she cheat, Did she NOT cheat" thing with Meri - my thoughts are, Meri & Kody agreed to a polygamist lifestyle before they ever even got married. This was stated early on in the show. Kody says he had many talks with Meri's polygamist father about living polygamy - they both knew when they got married that he would be taking on additional wives.

So, as messed up as it seems to us dumb monogamists, this is what they chose. And the rules were, Kody doesn't have sex with any other woman until he is spiritually married to her. His wives, in turn, promise not to be faithful to him. Weird? To me, yes. But it's what they agreed on. Meri entered into a relationship with another man and I believe she would be long gone by now if Sam had been real. She stepped out of the marriage, in my view. She broke a promise. 

Should Kody forgive her? That's up to them, but I don't think Kody CAN forgive her, because Meri will NOT ADMIT TO ANY OF IT. She keeps saying "online friendship" (scratching the name Sam into your leg, taking banana pics, multiple voicemails telling Sam how much she loves him and how he "has it all over Kody"...her words....to me, that is no "friendship".)

Should the other wives forgive her? Again, own up to it first. Yes, people make mistakes. But it's pretty hard to forgive someone who lies about what went on, even though it is public knowledge that there was a lot more to it. It's also hard to NOT forgive someone if they actually APOLOGIZE, admit the whole truth, and are genuinely sorry. That's on Meri.

As far as being brainwashed...my opinion is, I know I'd have to be brainwashed before I'd sign up for a mess of a deal like this! But do they see themselves as brainwashed? I absolutely think Christine and Robyn do not. And I don't know how Janelle could claim to be brainwashed, because she was raised in a monogamous family and she CHOSE to convert to this. As an adult.

And why is Meri hanging around when it seems clear that she's miserable, and no one seems to want her there?

My take on that...she's there for the TLC gravy train, pure & simple. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when the TLC money dries up, Meri's going to leave so fast she'll leave scorch marks on the carpet.

I think Meri is done with Kody, done with polygamy, and she's definitely done with her sister wives. I can't help but feel a little sympathy for someone who is so obviously miserable, but she contributed a vast amount to the situation she's found herself in now. Certainly the others could have been kinder to her...definitely Robyn & Kody planned that divorce/legally marry Robyn thing, and for that I feel bad for her, but she's brought a lot of it on herself as well. She might get more sympathy and forgiveness, from the wives at least, if she hadn't bullied them for years. There were big problems in that family before Robyn came alone - Meri lorded it over Janelle & Christine for years before Robyn ever came into the picture. Meri thought she had a new ally in Robyn, and Robyn stabbed her in the back. For that I have some sympathy for her. For the affair, not so much.

That said...when the TLC money does dry up and Meri leaves, the problems will not be over. Meri isn't the cause of everything. The rest of them are bat shit crazy and will still have problems with each other. Even if Meri is gone, things may quiet down some, but Kody is still an ass hat, and he'll still say insensitive, stupid shit to his remaining wives and it'll cause plenty of problems. Just different problems, because right now, they seem to be focused on how Meri is the problem...at least, that's the "edit" we got this season. Who knows if there were fights between the others, the main thing the producers wanted to focus on this season was Meri and that freaking house in Parawan, and how she's pulling away from the family, etc.

• Love 20

I think about 15-20% of what JO said was true or at least what Meri told "Sam".

Mixing a little truth in with the lies makes the lies appear more truthful. 

Remember, JO didn't come on the scene until after the divorce (Sept 14) and remarriage (Dec 14). If memory serves the story leaked out around Feb 2015 right about the time that "Sam" "appeared" on the scene, but JO met Meri during a trip to Vegas unwittingly financed by another "mark" who was also taken in by the Sam sham.  She went to a LIV meeting that Meri was holding and that's where it all started. 

Looking at JO'S record (and I'm not an expert by any means) you can see the way she works. She uses the male persona as an "in" when she finds vulnerable lonely women online. Although the divorce was still a secret Meri was posting memes and things that pretty much indicated her state of mind at the time. Then JO would show up in person and pretend to be Sam's best bud or secretary or what have you and milk the mark for money, things, place to live, trips, etc. 

I'm using the past tense as IMO there is no way JO is ever going to be able to get away with this ever again, because Google is forever. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I sense that Kody has an emotional attachment to his hair, the same as some women do.  You know who they are. They are over 40 with hair down to their waist and they cannot let it go.  Kyle from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills comes to mind. Cher used to be that way too. 

At least Kyle and Cher have beautiful hair. Kody on the other hand, well, no deep conditioner in the world will fix that mess. 

• Love 11

I cannot believe that three of the wives find that stupid looking Pebbles Flinstone man bun attractive. If that's not an advertisement for brainwashing...jesus. He looks like a moron.  Yeah, yeah, I know. He IS a moron, so might as well look the part. 

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, GreenEyedGirl said:

Who??? Did I miss something?

I didn't catch this either. And I don't have the stomach to watch it again. It would probably put me to sleep anyway.

4 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I cannot believe that three of the wives find that stupid looking Pebbles Flinstone man bun attractive.

Hahahahahahaha! Awesome.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, goodolmom said:

I wonder if Meri offering to divorce Kody was more of an effort to get his attention, hoping he'd try and talk her out of it.

I don't remember her offering. He went to her with the suggestion. She's been miserable ever since. 

• Love 1

I'm 20 minutes in and it's a collective circle jerk for Scari Meri. Just shit or get off the pot. It's obvious that Shaggy doesn't want to shag her anymore, so what's the draw for her to stay? OH, yeah! TLC pay cheque. Cha-Ching. Someone's gotta pay for that second house, and none of the Sister slugs will get a job, and Shaggy is too busy fluffing the 5 or 6 long strands of hair he has left. 

Okay, second half now. Brace yourselves for...Sister Wives: The Musical.

Sing along if you want to:

"We ARE felons. Badass fundamentalist Mormons. We like sharing peen, and wearing ugly clothes. Tra-la-la-la. but we're so happy *sobs* we chose this lifestyle! *sobs* shuffle, shuffle,  Travelin' in separate cars to go to therapy  because I hate my sister wife sooooooo muccchhhh" . *Christine hitting the high notes - glass shatters*

second verse: "WE chose this LIFESTYLE, so give me another xanax or a big tray of cookies....STRIVE STRIVE!  We can plan a party or have a 4000 taco wedding. Fat Tony Fat Tony!  Everyone gathers in the bathroom (except Meri)  to watch for another baby....dirty tub, dirty tub. Meri is alone now by the wet bar...she buys more bananas, catfish catfish..."

Edited by Ravenna
  • Love 20

Joe Darger gives me the heebie-jeebies. What did Kody mean, “They aren’t of our faith; they’re independent polygamists”? Joe is just a creepy horndog who collects wives?

also, Kody says their faith “recommends” plural marriage?? I hadn’t heard that before. So does that mean he DOESNT need three wives to get his own planet? And Meri won’t go to hell if she decides to move on to a happier situation?

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Kody says their faith “recommends” plural marriage?? I hadn’t heard that before. So does that mean he DOESNT need three wives to get his own planet? And Meri won’t go to hell if she decides to move on to a happier situation?

Taking my response to this over to the polygamy discussion thread so as not to get in trouble here.

• Love 1

Speaking of Mykelti, and I guess we’ll get more of her next week, Holy Hell!

Her face looks like she’s been overdosing on Prednisone. She looks like they made Gwyneth Paltrow look in that movie where she was supposed to be fat.

What the hell is going on with her?  That can’t all

be street tacos, can it?

And those bangs ain’t helping 

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't remember her offering. He went to her with the suggestion. She's been miserable ever since. 

No one will ever know the real circumstances with the divorce.  However, on their storyline on the show...on camera...it played out as Meri's great and selfless offering.

The real life divorce happened in Autumn of 2014 to full and complete media silence.  It wasn't until after the turn of the year 2015 when the news of the divorce leaked out.  When the show was on the air in Jan/Feb 2015 the storylines were ho hum graduating from HS kids, Christines Mum moving to vegas, traveling and traveling to see another polygamist family, and then the "anthropology students" studying the Browns.  By the time those episodes were concluding there was chatter in social media and online about the divorce, but NOTHING on the show that was airing.  Then there was a twitter post (Instagram maybe?) from the production company about late night editing round the clock and wham...the last two episodes were about Meri going to a lawyer with her plan to offer her worthless, meaningless legal piece of paper framed and hanging on her bedroom wall so that she and Kody would sever their legal status and then Robyn could jump in that role for the sake of Robyn's children's spiritual salvation and legal protection in the arms of the Browns. (insert your own evangelical dialect...)

The show has always played up the divorce as Meri's idea and her idea only.  Lots of speculation and chatter of viewers over the years think that all the divorce stuff on camera was reenacted after the fact. NOTHING was ever alluded to on the show during that season until suddenly Meri had that "I've got a secret!! Little smug smile she gets" standing at the door saying she's going to see a lawyer with an idea that she has had for years....so many years...back to when Robyn first came into the family... And then all of a sudden she "tells" Kody and Robyn and they appear shocked !! :0  And then "telling" Christine and Janelle...which was just totally a weird scene.  I still can't figure out if Christine and Janelle knew ahead of time.  Janelle behaved very oddly...stone faced...and then said something random about taxes.  Christine defaulted to giddy...giggly...clapping her hands and squealing. 

We will never know the actuality of the situation because the Browns write their own "reality" for their lives.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

The show has always played up the divorce as Meri's idea and her idea only.  Lots of speculation and chatter of viewers over the years think that all the divorce stuff on camera was reenacted after the fact. NOTHING was ever alluded to on the show during that season until suddenly Meri had that "I've got a secret!! Little smug smile she gets" standing at the door saying she's going to see a lawyer with an idea that she has had for years....so many years...back to when Robyn first came into the family... And then all of a sudden she "tells" Kody and Robyn and they appear shocked !! :0  And then "telling" Christine and Janelle...which was just totally a weird scene.  I still can't figure out if Christine and Janelle knew ahead of time.  Janelle behaved very oddly...stone faced...and then said something random about taxes.  Christine defaulted to giddy...giggly...clapping her hands and squealing. 

We will never know the actuality of the situation because the Browns write their own "reality" for their lives.

"And then all of a sudden she 'tells' Kody and Robyn and they appear shocked !! :0"

Refresh my memory . . . did they "appear shocked" before OR after they stopped high-fiving each other?

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Speaking of Mykelti, and I guess we’ll get more of her next week, Holy Hell!

Her face looks like she’s been overdosing on Prednisone. She looks like they made Gwyneth Paltrow look in that movie where she was supposed to be fat.

What the hell is going on with her?  That can’t all

be street tacos, can it?

And those bangs ain’t helping 

If she turns out to be pregnant, I honestly don't want to see Tony precariously perched on the edge of the tub during the baby's pending birth, offering endless smarmy comments and dipping into an emergency stash of 4000 tacos between contractions.

• Love 21
12 hours ago, Onceafan said:

In all terms Meri and Kody are in a trial separation for at least two years. They do not cohabitation or engage in any sexual activity. Now for most woman they do not hang out with a separated husband and his new girlfriends that he might date. With polygamy, Meri is forced to see the spouse she is separated from and see him in happy engaging relationships, while she is not allowed to, and must be alone, in order to try and win him back.

SO. SPOT. ON. 

6 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Meri being an empty nester while her husband has babies with other women

and not an empty nester after raising a big brood of children.  Nope, one and then fertility struggles.  That is extra pain for Meri.  I am not saying Meri is without blame....I am saying I empathize. 

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

"And then all of a sudden she 'tells' Kody and Robyn and they appear shocked !! :0"

Refresh my memory . . . did they "appear shocked" before OR after they stopped high-fiving each other?

lolol

First....was the concerned looks.  The furrowed brows.  The fast blinking with no tears.  The soft piano music...

shock01.jpg.cad3c4a99da3e42b604582d28a723a53.jpg

shock02.jpg.01746f7cb977b22c4eb71cb8926bc140.jpg

• Love 10

You know...it's weird watching that scene over again.

Right after all the "are you sure" and "shock" on their faces, Kody immediately gets his wits about him and blurts out..."Meri...I need to know that this changes nothing between us".  He was very clear and upfront.  "We are married, we will still be married, and this doesn't change our relationship!?"  yet...Meri....immediately gets that now famous "guarded" look on her face, puts up "her wall" and starts to stammer.  "Why do you ask that?  That's weird.  I don't know why you would say that. "

She obviously couldn't process something so very simple as an affirmation, after landing a divorce in his lap (supposedly out of the blue) and then stammers when he was assurances that their relationship is the same with or without the framed legal paper on the wall.

Meri can't communicate, or be communicated with to save her life.  All the crap from this season has really always been there, it's just WAY more centered on Meri, Meri, Meri...

• Love 20
13 hours ago, gardendiva said:

That hair of his during the game episode was frightening!! I literally could not focus on anything being said while he was on screen!

• Love 1

In all terms Meri and Kody are in a trial separation for at least two years. They do not cohabitation or engage in any sexual activity. Now for most woman they do not hang out with a separated husband and his new girlfriends that he might date. With polygamy, Meri is forced to see the spouse she is separated from and see him in happy engaging relationships, while she is not allowed to, and must be alone, in order to try and win him back.

SO. SPOT. ON. 

But I don't get the feeling that Meri wants Kody back, or would be willing to do the work to make their relationship better. And I got this feeling several years ago when the show first started. I think Meri gave up before Kody did. I'm not saying that Kody is any kind of prize or Meri is not in a very difficult spot in the family (she is), but Meri has also been playing games since at least the start of the show, and probably longer. Kody offered to do fertility treatments, and Meri wouldn't make a decision until Kody finally said NO after years of offering to do it and having Meri stall. Then Robyn offered to be a surrogate and Meri still said no. 

• Love 8