Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Tell All - Part 1

• Start Topic

Just now, Armchair Critic said:

Kody looks like such an idiot with that hair, I just can't with him.

Do you think he’s wearing one of those Toni Bratton fake buns from the shopping channel?

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

You guys, I'mm soooo mad. Trying to watch but getting this message from provider: "This channel should be available shortly." Really??

Well they will run it 500 times so....................

1 minute ago, SuzyLee said:

I wish that just one of these women would turn to this useless host and say, “Meri made every effort to leave this family and would have done so if her ‘stud’ hadn’t actually been a mentally-ill woman named Jackie.  Now this bitch is hanging onto us like a barnacle, with her nose out of joint, insisting on being given a place/role in the family.  How much longer do I have to pretend that this is acceptable?!”

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even listen to all these lies and exaggerations about the plyg laws. Kody lied several times within the first 30 seconds and the wives had to correct him. There is no way the Browns could go back into hiding if they moved back to Utah after all their exposure. Idiots.

• Love 12

I've watched from the beginning but am having trouble remembering.  Were Meri and Kody having trouble before Robyn came along?  I continue to think Kody could divorce Robyn anytime and put things back as they were with Meri as his legal wife.  I don't think he's ever even considered doing that.  I can understand Meri feeling like she doesn't fit in.  She's lost her first wife status.  It's also clear that Robyn has never considered giving it up now that she has it.  It's so maddening that Meri is willing to be treated like a door mat by Kody simply to keep the gravy train going.  I just don't see the big draw that Kody without a show could be.  They are all so different now than they were when the show first aired.  I continue to think that Robyn changed the dynamic of the family and that's when problems began.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, tinaw said:

It looks like another daughter is maybe lesbian. Not sure which daughter that was though

Who can blame her. Look at the male choices that have come along for the others. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 10
Just now, dreadfulLeigh said:

WTF has Meri been doing to her hair??? It’s straight up straw.

Meanwhile, Christine’s, Janelle’s and eve Robyn’s hair are all silky and healthy looking. 

For real. She should fire her stylist--or, maybe it's just her not knowing her hair looks like The Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

I wish that just one of these women would turn to this useless host and say, “Meri made every effort to leave this family and would have done so if her ‘stud’ hadn’t actually been a mentally-ill woman named Jackie.  Now this bitch is hanging onto us like a barnacle, with her nose out of joint, insisting on being given a place/role in the family.  How much longer do I have to pretend that this is acceptable?!”

I disagree with your point of view. I think Mary felt discarded long before this and that the only reason she got involved with that other person. Her husband had really moved on to the new woman, the new toy. He even took away the fact that she was the legal wife. I think she felt abandoned. When you feel alone and abandoned you will seek other people, Not necessarily sexual.

In fact I think Mary maybe the only one with real brains because she is not enthralled with Cody anymore. 

( I'm not going to keep correcting the spelling on the stupid names.)

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

It's already renewed, and I'm glad because I love it!

I would miss it. I am hoping for Meri to have her ass officially handed to her. In the meantime, Aspen seems a good egg, and has found a mountain man to marry. (huh?) best  face on girl with glasses while Christine did the whole I pushed her out of my womb dance.

priceless

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Who can blame her. Look at the male choices that have come along for the others. 

Oh I'm not blaming. More power to her. It was just the first I had heard of a second Brown child having same sex tendencies

8 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I disagree with your point of view. I think Mary felt discarded long before this and that see only reason she got involved with that other person. Her husband had really moved on to the new woman, the new toy. He even took away the fact that she was the legal wife. I think she felt abandoned. When you feel alone and abandoned you will seek other people, Not necessarily sexual.

Oh, but it was. Have you not seen the banana photos or heard the voicemails Meri left "Sam"? 

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, ThinkerBell said:

You know it's a really dull 'Tell-All' when the only thing viewers have to look forward to next week is an appearance by Tony.

OMG say it isn't so. Tony comes across as such a loser.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I disagree with your point of view. I think Mary felt discarded long before this and that see only reason she got involved with that other person. Her husband had really moved on to the new woman, the new toy. He even took away the fact that she was the legal wife. I think she felt abandoned. When you feel alone and abandoned you will seek other people, Not necessarily sexual.

I don't recall Meri signing divorce papers under duress. Meri is an adult and in charge of her decisions. she could have joined a Canasta group for companionship too, but she did not.

16 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

For real. She should fire her stylist--or, maybe it's just her not knowing her hair looks like The Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz.

at least Meri and Kody  seem to share a hair stylist and same hair products. they can bond over that.

5 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Christine is bugging me at this stupid game night thing. She is soooo over excited.

If I had some of the meds she's apparently on, then I could probably stand her. :-)

LOL I know... she is acting like a teenager. I'm cringing.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:
28 minutes ago, antfitz said:

Oh, but it was. Have you not seen the banana photos or heard the voicemails Meri left "Sam"? 

My marriage was less sexually charged then Meri's "friendship" with "Sam".  :-P

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I disagree with your point of view. I think Mary felt discarded long before this and that the only reason she got involved with that other person. Her husband had really moved on to the new woman, the new toy. He even took away the fact that she was the legal wife. I think she felt abandoned. When you feel alone and abandoned you will seek other people, Not necessarily sexual.

In fact I think Mary maybe the only one with real brains because she is not enthralled with Cody anymore. 

I totally see your point, but if Meri decided that she wanted to leave the family via another man (or “man”), she needed to be honest with Kody and company.  Unfortunately, telling the pure, unvarnished truth has historically been something that Meri has had trouble with.  I sincerely believe that Meri did not want plural marriage from day one, but she consented to allowing Janelle to join the family solely to keep (as it were) Kody.  I agree 100% that Meri has been almost completely marginalized, but she consented to this lifestyle for over two decades.  There’s nothing wrong with a woman who decides to end a relationship that is no longer fulfilling for her, but she should have been upfront with her intentions and not crept around behind his back.  Just my two cents.

(God help me, I just defended Kody!  I think I need to go lie down.)

• Love 18
50 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

n tI can't even listen to all these lies and exaggerations about the plyg laws. Kody lied several times within the first 30 seconds and the wives had to correct him. There is no way the Browns could go back into hiding if they moved back to Utah after all their exposure. Idiots.

how they misrepresent the true risk to family!! It's offensive. I believe there is video from Today show where they admit they did not leave with barely what they could carry, with hours notice blah blah blah. They use narrative for pity, full well understanding there would need to be element of abuse or neglect to warrant investigation, not arrest. They also know the media storm legislators would want to avoid also gives them additional protection. I am sympathetic to plight, but since they are telling lies for TV, not so much. 

11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

So many worthwhile things she could have done instead of cultivating a relationship with a stranger.  She could have stayed in college and pursued that degree she said she so desperately wanted.

She also could have provided a safe haven for young women escaping the bonds of Fundies.  She had plenty of spare bedrooms and experience in helping at risk youth.  She could have been there on the front lines transporting them and providing a home and shelter. That would have filled her "empty nest" and empty heart.

well done!! Meri needs to have this tweeted to her

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, lma said:

Ok guys I’m signing off from viewing the rest of the Tell Nothing and deleting it from my DVR. They fooled me again. They lie every season. I thought with last week’s episode, we might actually get some honesty. They are all kissing up to each other, especially to Meri. No one will say what needs to be said: Meri you suck, Robyn you’re annoying, Christine stop saying I’m sorry, Janelle speak up, Kody go away.

I will enjoy reading and loving on most of the posts here. You guys are insightful and definitely more entertaining than this Tell Nothing.

Think ima be right there with you (and could not even watch the episode, maybe for the better). They're SO full of it--we all know Meri's still there and with all the salutations of togetherness, I'm gonna stop recording (and not give them any more points to their ratings). 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

WTF has Meri been doing to her hair??? It’s straight up straw.

Meanwhile, Christine’s, Janelle’s and eve Robyn’s hair are all silky and healthy looking. 

I'm going with the narrative technique ~ the disheveled "victim of catfishing"/empty nester/platonic relationship at best with her spiritual husband/not feeling safe and having to be guarded Meri vs. all the other wives that don't have any issues with their shared husband/still in the romantic rotation/don't necessarily trust her but still want her to be around.

Mr. Kicotan said "where's all the other wive's outrage over having to put up with Kody every 3rd night now instead of every 4th?" Lol

Edited by kicotan
Damn spellcheck!!! *raises fist to sky*
  • Love 10

Has anyone ever acknowledged why Meri and Kody’s relationship is “platonic”? We know it’s because of the Catfish but I don’t think it’s ever been addressed on the show. In fact, after the catfish season I remember Kody kind of minimized it. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, mamey2422 said:

Has anyone ever acknowledged why Meri and Kody’s relationship is “platonic”? We know it’s because of the Catfish but I don’t think it’s ever been addressed on the show. In fact, after the catfish season I remember Kody kind of minimized it. 

During the catfish ordeal, Meri kept ‘pushing Kody away’ and telling him she didn’t want him to come around anymore. This is according to a conversation they had on a previous season. I believe that is the reason Kody is using now, basically he gave Meri what she had insisted on. 

• Love 14

How did Christine fix her red nose ? She doesn't seem to have it anymore. I wonder if it was a food allergy. She has lost a lot of weight,  maybe a change in diet helped.

Did Mykelti announce a pregnancy and I missed it ?

Wow, has Robyn gotten heavy !

I wonder if she has a thyroid issue. That goiter in her neck looks suspicious. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, WaterSpirit said:

I don't recall Meri signing divorce papers under duress. Meri is an adult and in charge of her decisions.

No, just under emotional blackmail from Robyn and Kody about the "safety and well being of her kids," from their supposedly abusive father...which we have yet to see or hear actual evidence of. And Christine also weighed in on the importance of "adopting those kids,"  saying in a TH that if something happened to Robyn, they'd lose her kids unless Kody adopted them legally. Side note: Christine is actually related to Robyn's kids through the Jessops, right?  No, I don't think the divorce was something Meri actually wanted to have happen. And I think she was fucked either way. If she said no, Kody would cut her off in favor of his new working womb, and when she said yes, he did it anyway.  Not to mention Robyn's kids, particularly Aurora and Brianna, being informed that the reason that they weren't Browns was because of Meri.  As far as the divorce was concerned, it was emotional duress. How she dealt with it afterward, was on her. 

Man, the game night flashbacks did Robyn no favors. And it did the opposite for Christine. She looks better now. 

And the phone call at dinner from Kody to Christine? Man, someone (Robyn) looked ticked.  I don't really think Janelle cares if Kody calls her or not.

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

I can't even listen to all these lies and exaggerations about the plyg laws. Kody lied several times within the first 30 seconds and the wives had to correct him. There is no way the Browns could go back into hiding if they moved back to Utah after all their exposure. Idiots.

they weren't in hiding before the show to begin with!  They'd already done an interview for the BBC and Christine was volunteering for Principle Voices, a polygamist advocacy group.

• Love 7

The Game portion where they show the clip~Meri is at the candy store buying caramels because she couldn't be arsed to make Kody's mom's recipe for the cook-off and she's going to pass them off as if she made them with the quote "Lying is ok as long as you tell the truth afterwards"= Wow.  She's prophetic and gets no cred for it on top of all her other woes.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, WaterSpirit said:

I don't recall Meri signing divorce papers under duress. Meri is an adult and in charge of her decisions. she could have joined a Canasta group for companionship too, but she did not.

at least Meri and Kody  seem to share a hair stylist and same hair products. they can bond over that.

LOL I know... she is acting like a teenager. I'm cringing.

All I said was I disagreed. We each have our own opinion. But I think Mary was pressured, and we don't know what all went into her deciding.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 10

What a boring Tell nothing!

The one thing I wanted to see was Kody's response to Meri not being at Axel's birth and Kody's reaction to the clip of Meri saying she's not going to raise anyone else's children. And what do they do? They take him off stage!

I want to hear Kody's response on Meri and Maddie's birth! He's never commented on it!

Even though I liked her dress Janelle looks bigger to me! Thank God her dress is long cause she sits with her legs wide open. I understand with her weight she can't cross her legs, but please at least cross your ankles if you are going to wear a dress.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, antfitz said:

But that is the core of being a plyg.  Every wife must feel like the outcast at one time or another..the new toy-wife will always make the others feel old and unwanted

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SuzyLee said:

I totally see your point, but if Meri decided that she wanted to leave the family via another man (or “man”), she needed to be honest with Kody and company.  Unfortunately, telling the pure, unvarnished truth has historically been something that Meri has had trouble with.  I sincerely believe that Meri did not want plural marriage from day one, but she consented to allowing Janelle to join the family solely to keep (as it were) Kody.  I agree 100% that Meri has been almost completely marginalized, but she consented to this lifestyle for over two decades.  There’s nothing wrong with a woman who decides to end a relationship that is no longer fulfilling for her, but she should have been upfront with her intentions and not crept around behind his back.  Just my two cents.

(God help me, I just defended Kody!  I think I need to go lie down.)

I loved your comment at the end made me laugh out loud. And I see what you're saying about Mary. But I think it started innocently enough, as they usually do, and then she got caught up in it little-by-little.

I think she should leave him. She has no more children at home.And he is no prize.

Somebody please send all these people --this whole family -- to a hairdresser that knows what they're doing.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Even though I liked her dress Janelle looks bigger to me! Thank God her dress is long cause she sits with her legs wide open. I understand with her weight she can't cross her legs, but please at least cross your ankles if you are going to wear a dress.

She looked the biggest I've ever seen her.  All those episodes about her weight loss journey and she's huge! She has the most natural beauty out of all of them and could really be pretty if she could get her weight under control.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

She just wants to be part of the family on her own terms.  She's raised her kid, now she wants to go do something else.  Most of the kids are pretty much raised.  There's what, three little kids now?  The other kids must be in their teens at this point.  She's more like an aunt anyway.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

She looked the biggest I've ever seen her.  All those episodes about her weight loss journey and she's huge! She has the most natural beauty out of all of them and could really be pretty if she could get her weight under control.

That's probably why there hasn't been any mention of Strive other than maybe an apron in the background or something.

I think Christine is actually the cutest as are her daughters.  Janelle's eyes are set too far apart IMO, but to each his/her own!

• Love 5

I wonder if Meri offering to divorce Kody was more of an effort to get his attention, hoping he'd try and talk her out of it.  She did go to the lawyer and asked about it before Kody and Robyn even had an inkling.  Once she found out how to go about it, etc. she brought it to the two of them.  Unfortunately (or fortunately) for her, he jumped at the chance which pretty much let her know where she stood with him.  There are a couple women I'm aware of in my town whose husbands openly have a mistress.  They live in million dollar homes with their husbands and all they have to do is look the other way, which they do.  Perhaps Meri sticks around because she knows she can have the nice house and the perks of being a D list celebrity.  I do wonder how much time she'll be spending at her B&B.  

• Love 15

I think Meri will figure out how to buy the B&B and just start a new life, even if she stays married to Doofus.  Wonder what would happen if she got a boyfriend?  Would Kody even care? Probably only because she embarrassed him!

• Love 5

After watching several episodes today ( after skipping many seasons) here is my opinion:

With the grandkids now on the way the wives are no longer interested in "sexy" time with Kody except maybe Robin for her own kicks and giggles.

Meri & Janelle disconnected from Kody long ago.( I love you, but I am not in love with you and please keep your "hands" to yourself).

Christine really confuses me, she may be the last wife standing by her man-bun.

The kids seem to be well adjusted heading into their adult lives and able to make up their own minds as to how they wish to live.

• Love 5