Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Tell All - Part 1

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Ravenna said:

Okay, second half now:  Sing along if you want to...

"We ARE felons. Badass fundamentalist Mormons. We like sharing peen, and wearing ugly clothes. Tra-la-la-la. but we're so happy *sobs* we chose this lifestyle! *sobs* shuffle, shuffle,  Travelin' in separate cars to go to therapy  because I hate my sister wife sooooooo muccchhhh" . *Christine hitting the high notes - glass shatters*

second verse: "WE chose this LIFESTYLE, so give me another xanax or a big tray of cookies....STRIVE STRIVE!  We can plan a party or have a 4000 taco wedding. Fat Tony Fat Tony!  Everyone gathers in the bathroom (except Meri)  to watch for another baby....dirty tub, dirty tub. Meri is alone now by the wet bar...she buys more bananas, catfish catfish..."

This is absolute genius and I am dying here. "We're so happy *sobs*" hahahahahahaha

Also, Robin's supposed to be the "hot wife"? The "trophy"? She has certainly gone to seed fast, she looks like shit. Only Meri looks worse than her.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

That was a nice callback Robyn gave Meri. “You both need to work on it.” Hehehe, she is exerting that legal wife status to he max. Meri could Bearkat contain hr shock. Lol...????

Sometimes I think the host is decent and other times she irks me. She will ask one question, then not ask a follow up as soon as the fake answer is given. 

So you pretty much made the legal situation worse by going public...wow. Guess Kody Brown & Co effed it up again. It’s laughable that they think they are a great example of polygamy. The host incredulously  said, “You all believed you were going to get arrested?” The issues they created themselves. Wow. Poor kids.

Meri looks so miserable. Janelle looks annoyed, like she is smelling farts and barely saying a word unless asked a direct question. Only Christine really looks happy and she is so on something great. 

Smelling farts, LOL!  My mom would say about snooty women, that they "look like they smell something bad."  Perfect.

I want to find out what Christine is on, and tell my doctor, "I'll have what she's having."  

I have no evidence of this, but I think Christine was out of the rotation for a while, and now Doofus is blessing her with his golden rod again.  

Meri, get a dildo, and just leave already.

• Love 16

Maaaan, this episode has me conflicted.

On the one hand, kudos to Meri for ditching her bizarre LLR outfits for the tell-nothing. The fewer times I have to see stripes matched with flowers, the better.

On the other, um, if she did decide to step out of the LLR cult for a night, why did she decide on a clothing theme like "glittery trash bag"? On the upside, I now know what a Hefty bag would look like if it were drenched in glitter glue, so I guess there's that.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lma said:

That looks like genuine shock to me. But also like Robyn Is trying hard to keep from shouting for joy.

I’m with those who believe Meri offered the divorce with ulterior motives and then she got played. Which, I’m sorry (channeling Christine), that’s what she gets.

Also, it would not surprise me if Kody and/or Robyn had at least hinted at how a divorce would help keep Robyn’s kids with the family. (Who am I kidding? Robyn told it to Kody and Kody passed it along to Meri.) They probably didn’t think she’d actually go for it. She probably told Kody she’d think about it, and then on camera is when she announced her decision.

Just speculation.

I agree with you and can see it going down like this.  They both got that look on their faces at the very exact moment...which is hard timing... However...my addition to your speculation isn't about the whole "keep the kids in the family"...but "Hey...Meri...help out the family by giving us a storyline here."  Meri says..no...no...but then decided to martyr herself and her framed legal paperwork to the family television empire.  Then getting that reaction on camera from Kody and Robyn.

If you look at the next season's shows Sept 13, 2015 through Nov 21, 2015 and take away anything dealing with the divorce or adoption you aren't left with much until the Catfish is finally revealed.  The storylines were two whole episodes of just Janelle and just Christine, mostly just rehash rehash...Christine and Kody's romantic getaway to Galveston Texas where he told her "You love the family and I will love you"...truly unforgettable.  Kody traveling with the younger girls, by himself, to the beach. The building of the cardboard boat, the trip to Alaska with the reveal of Kody and Robyn pregnant again.  Pretty humdrum.  Add the whole drama over and over about the adoption/divorce and that weaves its way through the episodes.  BUT...at this very time in the real world was Meri's online fling and the season ended with a bang of the catfish storyline that is continuing pretty much forever.

So, Kody's first thought was to affirm that his and Meri's relationship would in no way change, yet we see for ourselves that it did just that.  Meri, who was SO "weirded out" by the simple fact that Kody would even say such a thing turned around and changed it for good. 

I have always wanted to know if Kody ever sat down and had a good look at what Meri was sending.  I have an inkling that Robyn has, she has always been more online, but I would love to know if Kody has seen those photos or heard the voicemails for himself.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Also, Robin's supposed to be the "hot wife"? The "trophy"? She has certainly gone to seed fast, she looks like shit. Only Meri looks worse than her.

The magic of Kody's peen turns a normal woman into hagalicious.  But seriously, she looks like she has a goiter on her neck. It can't be good. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

I'll add to the predictions:

• As another poster said, Meri will be wearing another LuLaRoe outfit...to market her "business."
  • Aspyn will probably talk about her engagement.
  • Logan might talk about his...but we haven't seen much of him this season. He was more of a "blink, you've missed him."
  • Mykelti MIGHT announce that she's pregnant. We've seen the TH with her blond roots, and her face looking a little rounder than in the episodes. I could be wrong. She may not be pregnant. If that happes, Madison might return the "bitch stare" to her, the way Mykelti and FK gave Maddie the "bitch stare" when she announced her pregnancy.
  • FT (for me, it's an abbreviation for F**k Tony!) will be a camera hog. Most likely interrupting Mykelti when a question is directed to her. Much like the way he took the seat she was aiming to sit in when they were going to a cake tasting.
  • Meri will cry. Janelle will be in outer space (she might say a sentence or two about her grandson). Robyochin might cry and disingenuously talks about how much she Lo-ooves Meri, and wish she were around more. Christine will probably be her geeky-happy self since her relationship with Kody was improved...for now.
  • Whoever is interviewing this family, I hope that they call Kody out for his contradictions. In one episode he (and Sobyn Clown) talked about wanted to move to Utah in the future) and in other episodes, he talks about not wanting to be there because of he's scared of being persecuted as a polygamist. I think Kody secretly wants to be arrested so he can be the modern face of a polygamist being jailed for living his beliefs....which I think Kody's not even sure of what his beliefs truly are.

I just met up with a friend who I had tried talking into watching this show eons ago.  She and I met for lunch and she told me her wife started watching it but she hates Fat Tony.  Yes in those words.  I laughed and said there is a message board of your people you need to visit.  If he has a redeemable quality in his unkempt body no one has been able to spot it.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Right after all the "are you sure" and "shock" on their faces, Kody immediately gets his wits about him and blurts out..."Meri...I need to know that this changes nothing between us".  He was very clear and upfront.  "We are married, we will still be married, and this doesn't change our relationship!?"  yet...Meri....immediately gets that now famous "guarded" look on her face, puts up "her wall" and starts to stammer.  "Why do you ask that?  That's weird.  I don't know why you would say that. "

Kody's statement/question initially comes off as reassuring but given that we now know that their relationship was horribly fractured at this point, this all takes on a whole new jacked up dimension. If your relationship is in a fucked up place, lacks any kind of intimacy do you really want to hear that after this "great selfless" act that nothing has or will change? Ain't getting the dack before and ain't getting it now. LOL!

I always find Kody's serious face funny. However, his stoic stone face when asked about Meri and his future borders on scary. 

18 hours ago, mamey2422 said:

Has anyone ever acknowledged why Meri and Kody’s relationship is “platonic”? We know it’s because of the Catfish but I don’t think it’s ever been addressed on the show. In fact, after the catfish season I remember Kody kind of minimized it. 

They have never and will never link the breakdown in Kody and Meri's relationship directly to the catfish. However, Kody is acknowledging now that their problems go back 10 years. 

17 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

The one thing I wanted to see was Kody's response to Meri not being at Axel's birth and Kody's reaction to the clip of Meri saying she's not going to raise anyone else's children. 

I am still flabbergasted that she said this. I think this is one of the worst things she could've said. It nullifies all the crap she and the others have spewed about polygamy. Really this is a point that they have emphasized as the greatest virtue of polygamy - being a mom to all the kids.  Those aren't just anyone else's children - those are her sister wives children and by extension Meri's children. How is she gonna walk around and call herself a mom to Robyn's littlest children after saying something like that? So I am really rolling my eyes at Meri finding her role. What does she want to be the funny, zany auntie? She has a role, she just doesn't want it because in her own words she is "not gonna raise anyone else's children!"

3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

The show has always played up the divorce as Meri's idea and her idea only.  Lots of speculation and chatter of viewers over the years think that all the divorce stuff on camera was reenacted after the fact. NOTHING was ever alluded to on the show during that season until suddenly Meri had that "I've got a secret!! Little smug smile she gets" standing at the door saying she's going to see a lawyer with an idea that she has had for years....so many years...back to when Robyn first came into the family... And then all of a sudden she "tells" Kody and Robyn and they appear shocked !! :0  And then "telling" Christine and Janelle...which was just totally a weird scene.  I still can't figure out if Christine and Janelle knew ahead of time.  Janelle behaved very oddly...stone faced...and then said something random about taxes.  Christine defaulted to giddy...giggly...clapping her hands and squealing. 

We will never know the actuality of the situation because the Browns write their own "reality" for their lives.

This sounds familiar. The show also wants me to believe that Meri was just a poor widdle catfish victim and had no plans to run off into the sexy sunset with rich, young Sam. There was a point when I entertained the idea that the Browns lie to the viewers but they don't lie to themselves. I don't entertain that idea at all now. Someone of them really believe their lies, specially Meri.

36 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

.Christine and Kody's romantic getaway to Galveston Texas where he told her "You love the family and I will love you"...truly unforgettable.

This is indeed jacked up but in essence this is another nail in the coffin of Meri and Kody's relationship who stated she ain't raising no one else's kids and can't find her role.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 14
16 hours ago, goodolmom said:

I wonder if Meri offering to divorce Kody was more of an effort to get his attention, hoping he'd try and talk her out of it.  She did go to the lawyer and asked about it before Kody and Robyn even had an inkling.  Once she found out how to go about it, etc. she brought it to the two of them.  Unfortunately (or fortunately) for her, he jumped at the chance which pretty much let her know where she stood with him.  There are a couple women I'm aware of in my town whose husbands openly have a mistress.  They live in million dollar homes with their husbands and all they have to do is look the other way, which they do.  Perhaps Meri sticks around because she knows she can have the nice house and the perks of being a D list celebrity.  I do wonder how much time she'll be spending at her B&B.  

True.  Some women don't care as long as they get the lion's share of the money and can do their own thing.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

She looked the biggest I've ever seen her.  All those episodes about her weight loss journey and she's huge! She has the most natural beauty out of all of them and could really be pretty if she could get her weight under control.

While I didn't see the ep, maybe she is just Striving to accept her body and said eff it, I cannot seem to lose weight and keep it off so here I am!  Because for all her efforts over how many freaking seasons she is still quite large.  Love it how it is Janelle but quit blowing smoke up everyone's ass pretending you are trying to get healthy.  

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

While I didn't see the ep, maybe she is just Striving to accept her body and said eff it, I cannot seem to lose weight and keep it off so here I am!  Because for all her efforts over how many freaking seasons she is still quite large.  Love it how it is Janelle but quit blowing smoke up everyone's ass pretending you are trying to get healthy.  

Agree!! Also, I'm not trying to fat shame her.  I, as well as most women at some point have struggled with weight at one time or another.  My point is only that it was a fairly significant story line that just went up in smoke.  I find her the most level headed and her and Kody seem to have the most "long time married people" relationship.  I think the only ones he still banging is Robyn and occasionally Christine.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

If she turns out to be pregnant, I honestly don't want to see Tony precariously perched on the edge of the tub during the baby's pending birth, offering endless smarmy comments and dipping into an emergency stash of 4000 tacos between contractions.

HA!  Do you really think FT can pull his fat ass away from tacos or Playstation long enough to catch a baby?  I picture him as the type to tell people just let him know when its over and when the birthing jazz is cleaned up.  All while he tells Mykelti she has bad breath or making fun of her if she poops during birth.

• Love 14
19 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Janelle about polygamy "AND I get to choose my husband too!" What the hell? So do we! So did you when you were a monogamist. Idiot.

I think to be fair she was comparing herself to the Warren Jeff style of polygamy where the prophet picks your spouse, rather than comparing polygamy to monogamy.  At least  I hope so!

• Love 12

I know this whole catfishing thing is old news, but Meri playing the victim is just hilarious!  She totally glossed over the fact that she was looking for love in all the wrong places.  I think that is the core of the issue between her and Kody.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

Maaaan, this episode has me conflicted.

On the one hand, kudos to Meri for ditching her bizarre LLR outfits for the tell-nothing. The fewer times I have to see stripes matched with flowers, the better.

On the other, um, if she did decide to step out of the LLR cult for a night, why did she decide on a clothing theme like "glittery trash bag"? On the upside, I now know what a Hefty bag would look like if it were drenched in glitter glue, so I guess there's that.

I was just at a work conference with participants from all over the world.  There was WAY too much LLR being worn at that thing.  I spent more time than I should have pointing it out to my coworker.  Of course she is not a SW watcher so she didn't quite get it like you all would have.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

Agree!! Also, I'm not trying to fat shame her.  I, as well as most women at some point have struggled with weight at one time or another.  My point is only that it was a fairly significant story line that just went up in smoke.  I find her the most level headed and her and Kody seem to have the most "long time married people" relationship.  I think the only ones he still banging is Robyn and occasionally Christine.

It is difficult to say without feeling like you are shaming her.  I did not see that in your post (or any really).  A large confident woman is quite sexy.  You just have to own it and believe it and dress it correctly.  I used to work with a woman (*RIP,lost her life way to young) who was very large but she wore it like a badge and honestly could have any man she wanted.  *She didn't die from her weight, it was a congenital heart defect and died in surgery to fix something to do with it.

• Love 3

@Natalie 68! That is very sad about your coworker!  Besides noticing how heavy Janelle still is I though she looked good last night.  That was a pretty dress and much more attractive than what she usually wears.  

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

She looked the biggest I've ever seen her.  All those episodes about her weight loss journey and she's huge! She has the most natural beauty out of all of them and could really be pretty

My issue is when I saw Janelle's size at the tell all, and I will admit that she did look larger than I have seen her before, is that she has a For Profit business with Strive with Janelle. I don't think it is fat shaming a person, when you are seeing that the health package and coaching that they are promoting does not seem to be working for them. Janelle is making money by being a "health coach." She also sells pedometers and exercise related accessories as well as "coaching."

Since she is making money off of it, and it is a business, then her weight and health can be open to discussion without it being fat shaming, but being critical of the actual results of a for profit health business.

• Love 18

I was really annoyed that Meri wouldn't address the issue with Christine on camera.  She admitted that they've had months to talk about it privately, but haven't gotten around to it.  Well then, do it now.  That's what you're getting paid to do!!!!

I think they should get a dock in pay, if they refuse to answer questions on camera.  That's what TLC is paying for and that's what we are watching to see. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Onceafan said:

Since she is making money off of it, and it is a business, then her weight and health can be open to discussion without it being fat shaming, but being critical of the actual results of a for profit health business.

Wow!! I did not know that! I was commenting on it from another ignored story line POV.  The fact that she's even bigger as opposed to just not losing is significant in that industry.  Like no one would go to a hair stylist that has bad hair.  Oh well, her life, her choice.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I wonder what the Brown ladies were really thinking at the Tell All ?

image.png.238f6b059a2b2246cb80b9cfc66b4cf6.png

That is pretty funny! But, got to be honest, throw in a couple of beers and I'm with Janelle!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Right after all the "are you sure" and "shock" on their faces, Kody immediately gets his wits about him and blurts out..."Meri...I need to know that this changes nothing between us".  He was very clear and upfront.  "We are married, we will still be married, and this doesn't change our relationship!?"  yet...Meri....immediately gets that now famous "guarded" look on her face, puts up "her wall" and starts to stammer.  "Why do you ask that?  That's weird.  I don't know why you would say that. "

Kody's statement/question initially comes off as reassuring but given that we now know that their relationship was horribly fractured at this point, this all takes on a whole new jacked up dimension. If your relationship is in a fucked up place, lacks any kind of intimacy do you really want to hear that after this "great selfless" act that nothing has or will change? Ain't getting the dack before and ain't getting it now. LOL!

I never looked at it like that.  Great insight.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SuzieQ said:

@Natalie 68! That is very sad about your coworker!  Besides noticing how heavy Janelle still is I though she looked good last night.  That was a pretty dress and much more attractive than what she usually wears.  

1 hour ago, SuzieQ said:

Thank you!  Don't know what happened above when I tried responding!  Janelle doesn't regularly wear dresses so I am looking forward to seeing it.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

What child are you talking about?

The previews for next weeks show has a scene that looks like two women together as a couple

I maybe wrong about this but it looked like another browns kid may be gay. The girl had glasses on. Not sure which kid it was

11 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

So the family either allowed or induced a sick child to participate in this and sit front and center feeling like shit? Either way, not a good impression. To me most of the kids looked bored and over it. 

Well, that was pure speculation on my part. She could've been just fine and we were just shown times when she was quiet. 

• Love 1

Janelle definitely has the most natural beauty. That face? Stunner. Would LOVE to see her successful in a weight loss plan. 

Why must Madison talk with her jaw clenched?? Drives me crazy! I find Caleb mumbles MORE now than when he first came on the show - I think they are negatively influencing each other in a downward spiral of mumblage!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tinaw said:

The previews for next weeks show has a scene that looks like two women together as a couple

I maybe wrong about this but it looked like another browns kid may be gay. The girl had glasses on. Not sure which kid it was

Just checked, that was Ysabel sitting next to Aspyn. I'm guessing the moderator was asking her about her scoliosis brace when she mentioned kids making fun of her. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

Janelle definitely has the most natural beauty. That face? Stunner. Would LOVE to see her successful in a weight loss plan. 

Why must Madison talk with her jaw clenched?? Drives me crazy! I find Caleb mumbles MORE now than when he first came on the show - I think they are negatively influencing each other in a downward spiral of mumblage!!

I find Maddie to be the most self-centered, irritating of all the Brown spawn.  If the conversation isn't geared to her/Caleb/Axel, she is totally uninterested, but when it does switch to her, she immediately flashes her toothy grin.  This was most evident when discussions of Mykelti/FT wedding were taking place, but what I found unforgivable was her total lack of interest when they were examining Ysabel's x-rays.  She didn't move from behind the kitchen island (neither did Caleb) and she casually stood there munching on an apple, then playing on her tablet without even a glance at the scene playing out.

Caleb has adopted the persona of a good ol' boy to fit with the image of what Kody expects from him.  He chose to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with the Brown bunch when his own mother was terminally ill and she passed away a few months later.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, Pegasaurus said:

If you really think about it, Meri, moving on to a happier situation, assuming that would be another marriage or serious boyfriend, how would that work out?  What does Meri really have to offer anyone else?  Maybe there is a happy, fun, non-whiney Meri just waiting to jump to the front & center?  Maybe, but it would be tough after the initial glow wore off and the old personality elements started creeping back.

Sadly, I'm afraid 20 plus years of living with Kody in the Plyg Marriage Circus has resulted in Meri being damaged goods.  (Janelle too, although you can tell from the bulldog set of her chin, she's much tougher than Meri. Or Kody, for that matter.  Give 'em Hell, Janelle)

Just based on the game night and some of the stuff we've seen in the last episode or two, I think Meri is in a better place now. It seems like she is starting to have fun with the family again. I don't know about her relationship with Kody though. 

Janelle has found the sweet spot with regard to polygamy. She gets some affection from Kody and can probably call on him when she needs help with things, but she doesn't need the hearts-and-flowers and hot-n-steamy on the regular. She has her independence and a man when she wants. My guess is that she is the least demanding of all the wives.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I find Maddie to be the most self-centered, irritating of all the Brown spawn.  If the conversation isn't geared to her/Caleb/Axel, she is totally uninterested, but when it does switch to her, she immediately flashes her toothy grin.  This was most evident when discussions of Mykelti/FT wedding were taking place, but what I found unforgivable was her total lack of interest when they were examining Ysabel's x-rays.  She didn't move from behind the kitchen island (neither did Caleb) and she casually stood there munching on an apple, then playing on her tablet without even a glance at the scene playing out.

Caleb has adopted the persona of a good ol' boy to fit with the image of what Kody expects from him.  He chose to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with the Brown bunch when his own mother was terminally ill and she passed away a few months later.

I think that scene with Ysabel's x-rays was probably set up, either that or Maddie and Caleb weren't invited to be a part of it. It looked like just the parents were called in on that conversation. 

As for Caleb, was it stated that he spent no time with his family on Thanksgiving and Christmas? Couples often have to divide their time between both families on holidays.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

If she turns out to be pregnant, I honestly don't want to see Tony precariously perched on the edge of the tub during the baby's pending birth, offering endless smarmy comments and dipping into an emergency stash of 4000 tacos between contractions.

I'm going to hazard a guess that Tokelti aren't interested in having kids anytime soon. They're like kids themselves and wouldn't want a baby hampering their sloppy style. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

Taco Tony: Yet another fitting nickname for him. As a side business, he could open a taco truck by the same name. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I think that scene with Ysabel's x-rays was probably set up, either that or Maddie and Caleb weren't invited to be a part of it. It looked like just the parents were called in on that conversation. 

As for Caleb, was it stated that he spent no time with his family on Thanksgiving and Christmas? Couples often have to divide their time between both families on holidays.

Whether it was set up or they weren't invited to be part of the scene, the optics were bad imo.  If they weren't part of the scene, it may have been a good idea for them to disappear out of camera range.

I fully realize that families divide time on holidays, but Caleb and Maddie weren't even married at that time and you only get one chance to say a final goodbye to a mother or father. 

ETA.  Just realized I didn't answer your question re. stating he didn't spend holidays with his family. Following the timeline, Caleb and Maddie were living in Wyoming at the time (I think), not sure where his parents lived but C&M traveled to LV to spend holidays with the Browns.  His mother passed away soon after.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pegasaurus said:

If you really think about it, Meri, moving on to a happier situation, assuming that would be another marriage or serious boyfriend, how would that work out?  What does Meri really have to offer anyone else?  Maybe there is a happy, fun, non-whiney Meri just waiting to jump to the front & center?  Maybe, but it would be tough after the initial glow wore off and the old personality elements started creeping back.

Sadly, I'm afraid 20 plus years of living with Kody in the Plyg Marriage Circus has resulted in Meri being damaged goods.  (Janelle too, although you can tell from the bulldog set of her chin, she's much tougher than Meri. Or Kody, for that matter.  Give 'em Hell, Janelle)

I'm not trying to be vain, but I KNOW I'm a better catch them Meri. I have a great job, no kids, in great shape, funny, smart, attractive, and no sister wives or similar baggage. However I've been single for five years with no boyfriend prospects.

I always roll my eyes when people say Meri or Christine or Janelle can just leave Kody and easily find Mr Wonderful.  Especially at their age, it's tough out there.

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm not trying to be vain, but I KNOW I'm a better catch them Meri. I have a great job, no kids, in great shape, funny, smart, attractive, and no sister wives or similar baggage. However I've been single for five years with no boyfriend prospects.

I always roll my eyes when people say Meri or Christine or Janelle can just leave Kody and easily find Mr Wonderful.  Especially at their age, it's tough out there.

No, they certainly couldn't find Mr. Wonderful (or even Mr. Acceptable) overnight.  But Janelle did leave for a period of time and seemed happy on her own (job, house, autonomy) until Kody lured her back with a "big house". 

Hopefully the right person shows up for you one day! Hang in there!

6 minutes ago, Phronsie said:

My prediction...Mykelti will demand to give birth...outside...in December.  

If I could "heart" this a thousand time I would! 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Are you anywhere near New England? My brother is single, employed, good-looking, funny, in great shape, and his kids are grown and both are going into the military - sounds like a match made in heaven!

In all seriousness, you are absolutely right about it being tough out there. Besides my brother, I have a sister who got divorced a few years ago and lives with me and my husband. She's cute and smart and funny and can't find a decent guy. And my other sister is the one with the BPD boyfriend - she's hung in there all this time and has learned to deal with, work around, and accept his issues because otherwise she would have to start all over and she is in no mood to go through the dating scene again.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Whether it was set up or they weren't invited to be part of the scene, the optics were bad imo.  If they weren't part of the scene, it may have been a good idea for them to disappear out of camera range.

I fully realize that families divide time on holidays, but Caleb and Maddie weren't even married at that time and you only get one chance to say a final goodbye to a mother or father. 

ETA.  Just realized I didn't answer your question re. stating he didn't spend holidays with his family. Following the timeline, Caleb and Maddie were living in Wyoming at the time (I think), not sure where his parents lived but C&M traveled to LV to spend holidays with the Browns.  His mother passed away soon after.

You said Caleb's mother passed away a few months after the holidays - I won't pass judgement as I don't know the correct timeline, or Caleb's feelings or his family history, but hopefully he was able to spend some time with his mother and is at peace with where their relationship was when she passed. 

I did think it was weird that Maddie and Caleb were in the background of that scene. In another episode there was a scene (I forgot what it was about) where I noticed Janelle's mother futzing around in the background. Funny that there were two scenes this season like that when I didn't really notice people in the background before. Could just be an oversight on my part, lol.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

Also remember that any "Thanksgiving" or "Christmas" on the show was not filmed on the actual holiday.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

She just wants to be part of the family on her own terms.  She's raised her kid, now she wants to go do something else.  Most of the kids are pretty much raised.  There's what, three little kids now?  The other kids must be in their teens at this point.  She's more like an aunt anyway.

I have not watched this show from the very beginning, but in one of the first episodes I saw, Meri was going on a trip and wanted to take ?Sol? along with her, but his "real" mother said no, he wasn't old enough to be away overnight or something, how about taking ?some girl?  Meri was a little pissed.  I think at one point she did feel she had a role as an involved "aunt" to all those kids, and I think her rather aggressive "I'm not going to go to their houses and take care of their kids" is just nasty.  She has made overtures to some of the children, but apparently there are some she is interested in and some she's not.

I also noted that she referred to her "tough year" referring to the catfishing.  She needs to understand that, to her family, she was *not* the victim.  She was as bad an actor (I've been watching too much cable news) as "Sam" was, and she needs to acknowledge that and apologize for it.  I think a big reason Kodeine isn't interested in her is that she expressed a desire to be with another man, and there's no reason to believe she still wouldn't have gone off with "Sam" if it hadn't all been fake.  His ego has been sorely injured, and I'm not sure there's anything she can do to fix that.  But she can at least, at the very least, acknowledge that she wasn't a victim, that she was in the wrong, and that she truly regrets what she did.  Maybe if she pleaded temporary insanity.

• Love 12

I didn't understand Janelle sitting at the Tell All and saying that she didn't understand what Meri was going through with regards to Kody. Several people have posted here that Janelle left the family for a couple of years. I assume that is before the show started? I do remember when the show first started Janelle was happy to be working, and pretty much left her kids for Logan and the other wives to raise. 

I really think that the only reason the other wives care if Meri leaves is that they are afraid Kody will replace her. As it is now, they don't care that Kody and Meri don't have a relationship - that just leaves more of Kody for the three of them. (I mean more emotionally that sexually as I don't for a minute think he and Janelle are intimate). 

So when was this Tell All filmed? The filming would have wrapped up about 10 months ago, so was this filmed shortly after? They may have said and I missed it since I only watched the first part and ff'd past all the fake persecution stuff, and game night. My only comment on that is that bangs really do not suit Mykelti. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, antfitz said:

Who is Nancy

Therapist. 

12 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Has anyone actually read what the catfisher claims happened? Now I know that it is a woman who was posing as a man, and that she is a liar, but I do believe large parts of her story about how everything played out in the Brown family.

The catfisher also now claims to be married to a beautiful woman, living in Paris with like 6 kids of "his" own, so I'm not sure you can believe anything "Sam" says. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm going to hazard a guess that Tokelti aren't interested in having kids anytime soon. They're like kids themselves and wouldn't want a baby hampering their sloppy style. 

I find them both pretty obnoxious and intolerable.  He comes across as such a dopey overgrown child!  Does anyone know what kind of work he does.  Can't imagine him earning enough to support them without some kind of assistance.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I didn't understand Janelle sitting at the Tell All and saying that she didn't understand what Meri was going through with regards to Kody. Several people have posted here that Janelle left the family for a couple of years. I assume that is before the show started? I do remember when the show first started Janelle was happy to be working, and pretty much left her kids for Logan and the other wives to raise. 

I think an interesting dynamic with Meri is that her biggest issue is with Kody, not a sisterwife. Sisterwife relationships being fractured seem common in polygamous families, and certainly so for the Browns. Janelle knows about that - Meri was the reason she left the family, not Kody. The husband/wife relationship being so fractured seems unusual, especially to the extent of Meri/Kody. 

One question that I liked from the interviewer was when she asked Meri if her and Janelle’s issues germinated from Meri having Kody to herself for a few years. I would have liked some follow up, but I thought it as a good question and a topic that has come up in these boards too. 

@SuzieQ Tony works at a bank. At least he did before they got married, which is how he knew to suggest to Kody to take a home equity loan to pay for their wedding. ?

Edited by mamey2422
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

Can't imagine him earning enough to support them without some kind of assistance.

It doesn't matter.  He has excellent tutors within the family on how to suck social welfare dry and get away with it.  Instruction includes the Cycle of Multiple Bankruptcies and Creating Fake Drama to Sell the TLC Story.

• Love 6