Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I have a feeling Kiki and friends may trigger another earthquake.

It will never happen because there isn't enough money, but this made me think how much I want a natural disaster storyline with the entire town involved. I miss that kind of storyline on soaps.

The brownstone is entirely new to me, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with it.

• Love 1
(edited)

So Carly and/or Sonny will be bankrolling this? And will Michael be dividing his time between being CEO of ELQ and fixing up the brownstone? 

I guess it's good that it gives Lauren and Morgan something to do other than butt into peoples' lives and whine, respectively.

Edited by dubbel zout
(edited)

Who's lived there in recent years? I always associate it with the '80s. 

No one, to my knowledge. Not since at least the early 2000s. I was under the impression the set was disposed of at least by the end of the Riche tenure.

Edited by jsbt

Michael, Morgan and Kiki start to renovate the brownstone.

I guess I should be excited that it's being resurrected but I cared about the people who lived there (well, most of them) in the 80s. Michael, Morgan and Kiki? Not so much. 

I can't see BM walking around town in a black leather jacket and being a mob hitman. Jason Q. the good son and doctor he can be. The mobster, just wouldn't work. MM would work better as Jason Morgan, BM would work better as Jason Quartermaine or a totally new version of Jason.

(edited)

This is SO RC. Bring back something from the past that people love and have wanted to see return and then fuck it up by putting Kiki in the story. LOL. I wasn't watching during the brownstone era and I mostly hate Kiki and Michael, but I'm still excited about it anyway.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I can't see BM walking around town in a black leather jacket and being a mob hitman. Jason Q. the good son and doctor he can be. The mobster, just wouldn't work. MM would work better as Jason Morgan, BM would work better as Jason Quartermaine or a totally new version of Jason.

I can't really see either of them rocking the black t-shirt. MM would look like an Emo-wannabe and BM would just look silly.

So Carly and/or Sonny will be bankrolling this? And will Michael be dividing his time between being CEO of ELQ and fixing up the brownstone?

I don't think Carly or Sonny will be bankrolling the brownstone.  I think Michael does it through ELQ...maybe they own the building now?  & I believe Michael starts the project to distract Morgan from his SonAvaBitch woes.

I'm kinda thrilled that they're resurrecting the Brownstone, however I do have to wonder which sets will be destroyed as a result. The show only has so many resources and space to store sets. Although maybe ABC has upped the budget a bit with the generally healthier ratings. 

(edited)

Cramped and redone or no, it's the brownstone. I'm good with it and I think Michael having ELQ restore it is a great angle. The question is the stories and the characters involved, but the location is classic.

Last I heard, GH's budget was down to 30something million or at that line. The two Prospect Park soaps made their (also often small) sets, production, etc. look quite grand with that amount divided between them, I believe, but they didn't have the legion of cast GH did or the same taping process.

Edited by jsbt
(edited)

Hey now, what's a little sexual harassment between coworkers?

Unfuckingbelievable. This will make Monavie - if Michael Muhney is hired - look like My Little Pony. Hope ABC has its law team on standby. Should be pros after the Kari Wuhrer and Prospect Park debacles.

Link to where any of it was proven other than whispered allegations and company men like Doug Davidson and Eric Braeden crowing about their victory and righteous indignation on Twitter?  Because until then MM is innocent and HHK is getting a hard side eye from me for being such a pawn.  But bang up job the bullies in charge over there did in destroying someone's career with a whisper campaign.  Nothing about this passes a litmus test enough to support the destruction of a man's career.  And no.  Michael Logan isn't a reputable source.

I would LOVE to see MM show up on the show, and I don't think unproven allegations should even come into play, especially with all the shenanigans that happened with the usual suspects which made me MORE than question the truthiness of the whole 'incident'.  And that's all I have to say about that because my head will explode with rage at the backstage mafia at CBS Television City winning again.

Edited by reeneebob
  • Love 2

Yes, we don't know what really happened, but we do know what didn't...HHK did not press charges, nor did CBS/Y&R.  MM should be considered viable especially since he has such a loyal fan base.

I know no one wants to rehash this stuff, but in the context of MM coming to GH, it makes perfect sense they would want him (ratings/publicity) and it makes sense he would want it--since he is probably having trouble getting work.

I think MM would make a decent Jason.  I don't think BM would be ideal as Jason, but I am sure he could pull it off.  And which one seems better matched to Kelly Monaco?  I think MM.

• Love 2
(edited)

HHK is getting a hard side eye from me for being such a pawn.

I'm not sure why HHK should being getting the side eye when she hasn't commented on the situation either way. The public hasn't been given any proof that MM is guilty but the public also hasn't been given any proof that he's innocent either. And whether or not MM is guilty or innocent is almost irrelevant right now. He has a reputation and there are allegations of sexual harassment taking place at two different shows and I'm not sure GH can afford to deal with that kind of bad publicity right now.

And before anyone accuses me of being a biased MM hater, I actually liked his acting on Y&R for the most part.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

The only way I can accept Jason's return is if he's no longer a borg. Whether that means a return to Jason Quartermaine or simply having Jason Morgan develop actual emotions beyond anger, hate, and blank staring/blinking, I don't know. I just really do not want the same ol' bullshit we got with Burton in the role. 

• Love 2

From RC's and KG's twitter.

Kathleen Gati‏@gatitweets 4h
HEPPPPPY PAPA DAY TO ALL OF YOU VONDERFOOOL PAPAS!!!!! ZE MUTTER IS SENDING YOU MENNNNY KEEEEESES!!!

Ron Carlivati@carlivatiron 4h
.@gatitweets Speaking of fathers, is Nathan a Cassadine? #GH @RyanPaevey @ThaaoPenghlis

Ryan Paevey‏@RyanPaevey 4h
@carlivatiron @gatitweets @ThaaoPenghlis There is a certain resemblance...

Kathleen Gati‏@gatitweets 4h
@carlivatiron @RyanPaevey @ThaaoPenghlis Hm...choices, choices! He certainly looks like a handsome Cassadine but really...what do YOU think?

(edited)

I would love to see MM on GH and if the current ratings are any indication, I think the new casting options HAVE had a positive effect on the show.

Both MM and BM have large loyal fan bases and Ron would be smart if he could capture not one but BOTH.

BM has played evil guys in primetime guest spots and been very good. In fact I like him much better in the evil roles than I liked his Billy on Y&R. Billy was just a charming purseholder.

I hope both BM and MM rumors turn out to be true. They'd both be a great addition to the GH cast.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2

If Jason must return in any form after being defrosted (ridiculous to even type, but hey, worked for Stavros and Nulu, right?), then he can easily merge his Q/Morgan identities. No more stupid than, again, being defrosted!

And I can see RC doing just that to provide angst with wifey Sam who married the holy hitman and not quite sure what to make of Jason Q. Add in Patrick's distaste of Jason, he and Sam bonding over dead spawns, and Robin coming back after helping her ex (knowing BOTH versions) AND trying to reconnect with Patrick, and I doubt Brawny paper towels can handle the potential mess...which is just how RC likes it.

• Love 1

The only way I can accept Jason's return is if he's no longer a borg. Whether that means a return to Jason Quartermaine or simply having Jason Morgan develop actual emotions beyond anger, hate, and blank staring/blinking, I don't know.

Seeing Jason act like a real person would be so weird to me. What would happen to his box of pain?

And I can see RC doing just that to provide angst with wifey Sam who married the holy hitman and not quite sure what to make of Jason Q. Add in Patrick's distaste of Jason, he and Sam bonding over dead spawns, and Robin coming back after helping her ex (knowing BOTH versions) AND trying to reconnect with Patrick, and I doubt Brawny paper towels can handle the potential mess...which is just how RC likes it.

I liked Jason and Sam for the most part, but if Jason comes back as a Q along with Robin, I don't want Sam anywhere near that bullshit. She can move on with Patrick and Robin and Liz can fight over Jason for eternity.

• Love 1

So we know the brownstone is coming back, right? Why would Michael be calling Ned about it?

I've got a couple of thoughts on that. First, maybe Bobbie sold it to ELQ when she left town, and now it needs to be renovated, since it's been sitting empty for all those years. Or maybe she has it on the market, or sold it to someone else, and Michael is calling Ned to discuss purchasing and renovating it.

I'm truly interested to see where the brownstone story goes - I watched a lot of GH in the brownstone heyday.

(edited)

I too am excited about the possibilities of the brownstone, though Kiki being involved dampens things from the start.  And if it gets all Love House on us, I'll be denying I was ever interested in it. 

Does anyone else think this might have been a better story for Lulu and Dante than their eight millionth pregnancy storyline?  Or even jobless, no life outside of his love triangle Lucas, who actually lived in the brownstone for a decent chunk of his childhood?

Edited by TeeVee329

Good news about the brownstone, but drop Kiki from it for god's sake. If they all end up living there together, I'll shoot myself.

Immediate reaction: Are there any legacy characters that pulled a Jimmy Hoffa.  You just know they'll find a body in the wall.  It really is too bad that its this bunch involved rather than the kids of the former residents unearthing the history of the Brownstown.  But still good news.

The only way I can accept Jason's return is if he's no longer a borg. Whether that means a return to Jason Quartermaine or simply having Jason Morgan develop actual emotions beyond anger, hate, and blank staring/blinking, I don't know. I just really do not want the same ol' bullshit we got with Burton in the role.

I just rewatched the stuff leading up to Sonny leaving Brenda at the altar and Jason had been under Sonny's influence for a year.  He had emotions, he wore colors, he joked with people, and he hugged people.  He was weirdly innocent.  It was freaky as hell.  Like watching Jason Q in Jason Morgan's skin.

I think its actually a better story to bring back Jason Q.  A tragedy, but a better story.  He'd have to deal with nearly the entire Q family dead and gone, Lila, Emily, Alan, and AJ.  A child with a woman he no longer remembers.  A life as a mob enforcer he would have never chosen.  The reveal that Sonny killed AJ has more impact if Jason cares more about AJ than Sonny.  Plus Carly would lose her mind.

Therefore, I'm expecting Jason Morgan.

• Love 3

Immediate reaction: Are there any legacy characters that pulled a Jimmy Hoffa.  You just know they'll find a body in the wall.  It really is too bad that its this bunch involved rather than the kids of the former residents unearthing the history of the Brownstown.  But still good news.

Not that I remember but I'm sure RC would retconn something like that because, as everyone knows, he just loves to honor GH's history by completely fucking it up ;)

• Love 3
(edited)

Cable guide spoilers for the week 0f 6/30:

6/30
Morgan and Kiki's brownstone project gets interrupted by Maxie and Levi.
Franco plans on informing Michael who killed AJ.

7/1
Ava wants Delia to help protect her from Sonny.
Lulu finds out if she can carry the embryo to term.

7/2
Nathan and Maxie are in a compromising situation.
Rafe discovers information about Nina.

Ugh, so based on previous spoilers, Franco might tattle on Sonny because he's jealous of him and Carly?

How could Delia protect Ava?  She's just a waitress, right?

And I'm guessing Levi and Maxie might launch some kind of (super annoying) protest against the Brownstone project?  I hope Maxie whacks Kiki with a picket sign.

Edited by TeeVee329
(edited)
Ugh, so based on previous spoilers, Franco might tattle on Sonny because he's jealous of him and Carly?

That's completely in character for Franco, IMO. I don't really mind if Franco is the one to spill the beans, but I want Michael to believe him. That's the downside to Franco telling anyone anything.

Edited by dubbel zout

I hope Maxie whacks Kiki with a picket sign.

I hope The Dunkelmonkey chains himself to a wreakingball and they ignore him and use it anyway. Bonus points if it picks up KaKa on its journey!

• Love 3

That's completely in character for Franco, IMO. I don't really mind if Franco is the one to spill the beans, but I want Michael to believe him. That's the downside to Franco telling anyone anything.

I don't see Michael finding out from Franco but if it does I hope the writer's give Michael the town brain at the time.  Michael may not believe Franco but it will give him something to think about and then he can start doing the math.

Maybe Michael will poke around Sonny's house or office & find the phone (or did they put it on a flash drive?) that implicates Sonny AND Ava.  And takes the evidence straight to Anna.

(edited)
I don't see Michael finding out from Franco but if it does I hope the writer's give Michael the town brain at the time.  Michael may not believe Franco but it will give him something to think about and then he can start doing the math.

Unless he just dismisses everything unilaterally because it's from Franco, which is what I'm afraid of. Though if Lauren is there, she'll probably insist Franco doesn't lie anymore, and Michael will then believe it. Because Lauren apparently knows all these days.

Maybe Michael will poke around Sonny's house or office & find the phone (or did they put it on a flash drive?)

They put it on a flash drive, and I think Carly gave it to Sonny. I don't know what he would have done with it.

Edited by dubbel zout

I don't know what he would have done with it.

I'm guessing he tossed it in a drawer or the trash & assumed that no one would figure out his sooper-sekrit hiding place.

Or Sonny had his housekeeper put the flash drive with the towels and assumes if he doesn't know where the towels are, no one else will, & therefore, no one will find it hiding there.

• Love 2

At this point, I don't care who busts Sonny or why, as long as someone, anyone, does. 

• Love 2