Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
BestestAuntEver

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

Recommended Posts

This week's promo: 

I'm very curious what Sam and Liz are up to, I certainly hope this is them reacting to the Carly/Jason marriage.  I'm worried the show isn't going to mine this for the drama it should.

I also hope Britt bangs Jax just to get a rise out of Carly.  Bonus points if she somehow arranges Carly to walk in on them.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

oops

Edited by rur · Reason: posted in wrong spot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sounds like Britt runs into Spencer next week, I'm kinda looking forward to it.

In related news, it clicked for me that the Spencer actor - Nicholas Chavez - shares a name with the ex-boyfriend of Lucas' doctor friend from Pennsylvania.

Share this post


Link to post

On 7/26, Monica lets Britt and Terry know who will be chief of staff.

...real great story for Terry, Frank.  It was, what, like 5 minutes across 2 episodes?

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Now that Lenny has cancer, and Terry is an oncologist, could that be her story?

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Once the new COS is announced, Terry's story is done regardless of who gets the job. Pride month has been over for two weeks now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

8/4 - Monica's support surprises Carly

WTH, Monica, hold the line! 

Quote

8/5 - Terry makes nice with Britt

I can't imagine Terry, in her biiiiig story, doesn't get the job.  Maybe Monica makes them co-chiefs or something?

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
Quote

8/4 - Monica's support surprises Carly

WTH, Monica, hold the line! 

What--does she offer up her house for the MOC ceremony?  Honest to god, let's destroy every character on the canvas for the sake of the Corinthii.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Can they really not let a single person who should have an issue with this Jarly marriage voice it to them? It’s so bizarre they way they are treating it. They’ve sucked what little drama there should have been with this story right out of it. Also, now I think LC added in rolling her eyes when Jason told Monica about the marriage and the dialogue they wrote for Monica was supposed to be genuine. She probably knows how dumb it is for Monica to be supportive of it. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/22/2021 at 8:41 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I can't imagine Terry, in her biiiiig story, doesn't get the job.  Maybe Monica makes them co-chiefs or something?

My guess is that they'll set Terry up with the black lesbian bartender that barely gets any lines and call it a day.

Now, I don't know if the black bartender who lent her dress to Trina IS a lesbian, but she could be since we know zip about her anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

My guess is that they'll set Terry up with the black lesbian bartender that barely gets any lines and call it a day.

Now, I don't know if the black bartender who lent her dress to Trina IS a lesbian, but she could be since we know zip about her anyway.

To that matter, I don't think they've ever noted if Terry is a lesbian or not.  Her seeming interested in the bartender the other day is the first indication in that direction--which could have been a storyline when Terry first came to town, re sexual orientation vs gender identity.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

sexual orientation vs gender identity

Knowing these clowns, they think it's the same thing.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Didn’t Terry mention an ex-boyfriend the other day? It’s possible she’s bisexual. 

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Didn’t Terry mention an ex-boyfriend the other day? It’s possible she’s bisexual. 

She definitely could only be interested in men too. Gender identity doesn't indicate sexual preference and I don't think Terry's has ever been mentioned one way or another as an adult. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Laur said:

She definitely could only be interested in men too. Gender identity doesn't indicate sexual preference and I don't think Terry's has ever been mentioned one way or another as an adult. 

Yes, we were just musing on it because her and the female bartender at The Savoy seemed to be flirting the other night.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

You just know the Josslyn/Cameron unplanned pregnancy is on the horizon. They won't be able to resist Elizabeth and Carly as grandmothers at each other's throats over their different opinions about what Josslyn should do.

Share this post


Link to post

It would also crystalize Frank's desperate desire to make Joss into Starr.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It would also crystalize Frank's desperate desire to make Joss into Starr.

Every time I see these kids I'm reminded of you describing Starr's teen scene as "Disney Channel." So accurate and it applies to these weirdly sexless teenagers, too. The running gag of Spencer getting pushed into the pool - which I admit I find mildly amusing - feels that way especially. You can almost hear the laugh track.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

It would also crystalize Frank's desperate desire to make Joss into Starr.

One thing I hate about Frank is him reusing old storylines from One Life to Live. Doesn't help that he jettisoned all of the GH writers that were there before he took over. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

He's not exactly recycling greatest hits here—the stories were pretty bad on OLTL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

With Joss, it's not so much that he's recycling stories, as he's recycling...I'm not sure how to put it. An archetype? A dynamic? Joss doesn't have Starr's storylines, but she has a similar place - the blandly perfect heroine at the center of her age group. The "good girl," with whom we're always supposed to sympathize, even though a)she's pretty obnoxious, b)dull and white-bread, and b)should be the screwed-up hellraiser.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Frank and Ron had the fatal idea to turn Starr (and KA) into an ingenue, a terrible idea and a real betrayal to who Starr had been, an interestingly oddball little girl. 

Joss has stayed a fairly consistent character, i.e., the way-too-bland object of everyone's desire.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Joss should be constantly clashing with Carly, we all know it!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

No version of Joss should have an easy relationship with Carly.  Good girl Joss should be morally outraged at Carly and the way that she has chosen to live her life; and hellraiser Joss would be bringing a neverending stream of drama and trouble into her life.  This version of the character just doesn't work for me.  And I think that the actress could probably pull off a more interesting version of the character.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Frank and Ron had the fatal idea to turn Starr (and KA) into an ingenue, a terrible idea and a real betrayal to who Starr had been, an interestingly oddball little girl

Joss has stayed a fairly consistent character, i.e., the way-too-bland object of everyone's desire.

I feel like Joss was closest to this when Hannah Nordberg played her. She was snarky but not obnoxious like Spencer, was annoyed with Carly, hated Franco, didn't like Sonny, and wasn't your typical little princess. HN was a terrific child actress too. Once she left, it was all over and you get the version of Joss that is still on our screens today.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

The big difference between the teens on OLTL and GH, is that OLTL teens actually were having sex while our group has barely gotten off first base. I think accidentally pregnancies will be held off for a few more years.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think accidentally pregnancies will be held off for a few more years.

A move I cannot endorse strongly enough. There are way too many babies on the show the way it is, and I'm beyond sick and tired of pregnancy as the only way to give a woman drama or any sort of story.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

It would be near impossible for me to see Liz/BH as a grandmother. The woman has aged so beautifully that she look late 20s-early thirties while actually being 44. I also hate the idea of Cameron having an accidental pregnancy, and loathe entirely the idea of him procreating and being saddled with Joss for the rest of his life. *shudder*

However, all that said, I would love to see him have a baby before Audrey/Rachel Ames passes. There's something I love about Dr. Hardy and Audrey's family continuing on the show and the idea of her great-great grandchild makes me a little giddy. I mean, I know she isn't on the show anymore, but as long as she is still alive, it still works for me.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ugh, if Millow having their vanilla sex during Wiley's party isn't out of context, they are the worst.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/28/2021 at 1:31 PM, dubbel zout said:

He's not exactly recycling greatest hits here—the stories were pretty bad on OLTL.

 

And it makes no sense for either girl to be some good girl. Starr was a better friend than Joss, which isn't saying much, but aside from being shitty to Cam, Joss is basically a 'good girl' who isn't giving Carly grief, which sucks. The daughter of Todd and Blair had no business growing up to be so drab, too. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

The daughter of Todd and Blair had no business growing up to be so drab, too. 

Even though Starr was inexplicably turned into the ingenue, when it came to her (fake - long story) dad's relationship to Tea, the scripts would have cheerleading them, but she would still have moments where she gave off a vibe of "are you fucking kidding me with this shit?" Which is exactly what Joss' reaction to this Carly and Jason marriage should be.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I read spoiler for this week that Elizabeth will ‘welcome an old friend back to General Hospital.’   Any idea who it could be?

Share this post


Link to post

I think CM is a popular guy and did well in his role on AMC. He had crossover appeal in the Hallmark world and their friendly movies. That said, I do not see him in the role of Drew whatsoever. Especially, following Billy Miller. I don’t care how much time as past. It appears they are trying to have Sam (and, KM) move on away from Jason (and, Steve Burton) and, chem tested her with several guys such as Dante. Maybe, he’ll shock me but he seems so unlike Billy Miller which I guess the show was hoping for. Also, Drew got taller and older (10 years older then Miller) after the plane crash. Now, explain that to me. LOL!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I read spoiler for this week that Elizabeth will ‘welcome an old friend back to General Hospital.’   Any idea who it could be?

It's Felix. Marc Anthony Samuel was recently on set.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ByaNose said:

I think CM is a popular guy and did well in his role on AMC. He had crossover appeal in the Hallmark world and their friendly movies. That said, I do not see him in the role of Drew whatsoever. Especially, following Billy Miller. I don’t care how much time as past. It appears they are trying to have Sam (and, KM) move on away from Jason (and, Steve Burton) and, chem tested her with several guys such as Dante. Maybe, he’ll shock me but he seems so unlike Billy Miller which I guess the show was hoping for. Also, Drew got taller and older (10 years older then Miller) after the plane crash. Now, explain that to me. LOL!!!!!

I don't see CM as Drew at all. I'm going to just think of him as a new character but someone that already has ties. It's easier that way.

It should be interesting that his call interrupts Sam and Dante right when they're about to get frisky. That little clip included in the spoiler article was very un-Sam as of late. She was smiling up a storm. I guess the prospect of getting laid finally made her decide to lighten up a bit. 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

CM is not good in that clip.  The expectations are quite low for him too because Billy was checked out completely, so it's not really difficult to try and do something with this character.  But that was a terrible first impression for me who does like Drew.

4 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't see CM as Drew at all. I'm going to just think of him as a new character but someone that already has ties. It's easier that way.

It should be interesting that his call interrupts Sam and Dante right when they're about to get frisky. That little clip included in the spoiler article was very un-Sam as of late. She was smiling up a storm. I guess the prospect of getting laid finally made her decide to lighten up a bit. 

What's funny is she went right back to bitchy once the phone rang.

Edited by Hater
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

What's funny is she went right back to bitchy once the phone rang.

Heh, yep I noticed that too. Not pleased with someone interrupting sexytimes.

CM only a voice and still bad acting. 😂🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Heh, yep I noticed that too. Not pleased with someone interrupting sexytimes.

CM only a voice and still bad acting. 😂🤣

It was 5 seconds and it was enough for me to be turned off by his approach already. But this is what happens when actors call for a job and FV gives them a role instead of kindly declining.  It's not like FV went out of his way to find someone who would fit the role better, he just gave CM Drew beause he called him up for a job.

 

Edited by Hater
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Hater said:

It was 5 seconds and it was enough for me to be turned off by his approach already. But this is what happens when actors call for a job and FV gives them a role instead of kindly declining.  It's not like FV went out of his way to find someone who would fit the role better, he just gave CM Drew beause he called him up for a job.

 

It's like Frank purposely takes the action that will make the least sense casting-wise and troll the fans at the same time.

FV: My old buddy wants a job? Who cares if we have a large enough cast to feed a small nation? Parts for everybody! Now, who should he play? Hmm, these Billy Miller stans are still whining in my ear about Drew. That would be perfect! Why should it matter that he's 3 inches taller + 10 years older than Billy and is nothing like the character at all? I'm a genius!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

It's like Frank purposely takes the action that will make the least sense casting-wise and troll the fans at the same time.

FV: My old buddy wants a job? Who cares if we have a large enough cast to feed a small nation? Parts for everybody! Now, who should he play? Hmm, these Billy Miller stans are still whining in my ear about Drew. That would be perfect! Why should it matter that he's 3 inches taller + 10 years older than Billy and is nothing like the character at all? I'm a genius!

Exactly! Haha and to be fair they did this with Billy playing Jason.  In retrospect, I don't think Billy was good for the role and they cast him as Jason b/c of something about FV meeting BM at the gym.  Although with Billy they never imo truly committed to him being Jason and had him playing Jake Doe for over a year.  

FV does this too much.  It's really insulting to me for actors who audition for roles and can't get anywhere when FV just hires all his friends to play characters they shouldn't be playing.

Edited by Hater
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

While it was a short clip, Drew seems a little too upbeat or energetic for someone who has been held hostage for 2 years. My bar for CM’s acting is low but I think he’ll still manage to disappoint. Judging from how he was on AMC, he’s not capable of leading a heavy SL. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

He's definitely too animated, too cartoonish. Even when Billy was engaged as Drew, he was low key. I liked Billy's gruff sexy voice too. CM is the opposite of sexy to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It is funny how FV cast actors on GH who get in contact with him or he sees. I know MEK called for a role. Of course, he’s great as Martin. Unfortunately, he’s not on enough which is odd. I don’t know if it’s a budget thing or the writers aren’t into him anymore. We all know how he found Wes Ramsey and now Cameron Mathison called him and got a job. I wonder what the casting directors think of this? Do they just keep their traps shut?! Why even have a casting director? I guess Frank needs someone to hire the day players and under fives. I just never heard so much casting done by the EP. Maybe, others do it on the other shows but I never hear the actors even mention the EP when it comes to their casting process. It’s very odd to me. 

Share this post


Link to post

UO: MEK doesn't do anything for me, and neither does Martin. I don't miss or even notice when he isn't there. When he shows up, I'm mildly annoyed or completely disinterested.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know how I feel about this casting. I like BM. I liked him when he was on YR. And I just really liked Drew. He was a good character that the show wasn't interested in investing time into which really sucked. 

At least he seems well versed in the character's history and him calling Scout everything in the world for Drew is really nice to read because Scout (and Oscar) were his whole world, so hopefully that's something that continues. Monica gets to have the son who loves her without reservation and calls her "mom" back.

Other than this, I'm not sure what storyline he is going to get. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It is funny to imagine daytime vets between jobs contriving run-ins with FV. Kristian Alfonso: "I could pass for Sofia Mattsson's mother, and I'm out of yogurt. Where does Frank shop?"

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Watch as Sam McCall (Kelly Monaco) gets a call from her long-lost love.

Sam barely tolerated Drew at the end. He made her wear the Skirts of Oppression, after all.

6 hours ago, tvgoddess said:
12 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I read spoiler for this week that Elizabeth will ‘welcome an old friend back to General Hospital.’   Any idea who it could be?

It's Felix. Marc Anthony Samuel was recently on set.

Where did Felix go? He's not on so much that he needs an explanation for his absence, IMO. More of this show putting the emphasis on the wrong syllable.

Edited by dubbel zout · Reason: belated typo
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

UO: MEK doesn't do anything for me, and neither does Martin. I don't miss or even notice when he isn't there. When he shows up, I'm mildly annoyed or completely disinterested.

That said, I was always and still am annoyed by his Colonel Sanders southern accent. Also, he hasn’t been seen in a while and I haven’t really noticed it either. Although, I still like him as an actor.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size