Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Also, rumor has it they have halted casting Serena to get Carly Schroder back.  As always with info from DD, take with a grain of salt.  I'm just passing it along.

Meh, I hope not. She was okay but I think as soon as they have her on-screen for a month they'll recast her with someone more glamorous looking anyway.

Allegedly MB will be off screen for approx. 14 weeks this fall as Sonny will be sent to Shadybrook after having a mental breakdown.  

Ugh, as a fellow Bipolar who had a breakdown four years ago, I'm pretty sure that RC's version of a breakdown is going to piss me off immensely. 

• Love 2

While I haven't believed that rumor about MB being off-screen for several weeks, if it does come to pass, I don't want Sonny having a mental breakdown that excuses all  his crimes and getting a cushy stay at a rehab center.  I want his claustrophic behind rotting in jail.

• Love 4

I'm okay with it. It's better than orange juice and all better. And I don't really think of it as cushy, and finally for ONCE, a man would have to be put into a mental hospital instead of just the women on this show. I'd rather he go to prison for a while for sure, but Shadybrook would be better than him taking an R&R for a couple of weeks on the island.

• Love 2

Ugh, as a fellow Bipolar who had a breakdown four years ago, I'm pretty sure that RC's version of a breakdown is going to piss me off immensely.

Having recently (after far to long) been diagnosed as bi-polar and knowing all the work that MB has done over the years, I am hoping they give him some control over this storyline. While I hate Sonny and really do not think much of MB as an actor, he did shine in the Guza lead bi-polar stories, as it seemed he put a lot of himself "out there" . The last round of "Sonny off his meds, so he is a truth-teller" was fun but not up to the level that I have seen MB bring to the bi-polar aspect of his character. If AG gets to write a lot of the drivel that Luke does they should at least extend the same curtsey  to Maurice when it comes to Sonny's bi-polar.

Allegedly MB will be off screen for approx. 14 weeks this fall as Sonny will be sent to Shadybrook after having a mental breakdown

However will this soap continue without Sonny?  Three months which will not automatically suck.  Can't wait.

• Love 4
he did shine in the Guza lead bi-polar stories

I think MB put his heart into that story, but the story itself was terrible. Sonny pouted all day, yelled at people, and threw barware. He didn't comb his hair or shave. That didn't really differ from how Sonny acted when we thought he was just depressed or having a bad day. While I applaud them getting out the idea that bipolarity is treatable and nothing to be ashamed of, the story they used to get that message out was pretty bad.

And I give them props for not making Sonny's bipolarity his sole characteristic, the way Lulu's baby rabies has taken over her life.

• Love 3

Having recently (after far to long) been diagnosed as bi-polar and knowing all the work that MB has done over the years, I am hoping they give him some control over this storyline. While I hate Sonny and really do not think much of MB as an actor, he did shine in the Guza lead bi-polar stories, as it seemed he put a lot of himself "out there" . The last round of "Sonny off his meds, so he is a truth-teller" was fun but not up to the level that I have seen MB bring to the bi-polar aspect of his character. If AG gets to write a lot of the drivel that Luke does they should at least extend the same curtsey  to Maurice when it comes to Sonny's bi-polar.

Yeah, I was also undiagnosed for a while and when I got the diagnosis, I actually felt relief because I finally knew what I had. 

I, too, hope they allow MB to have a lot of input into this breakdown otherwise I can see it being a total shitfest because I do not trust this regime at all. 

• Love 2

I was under the impression Stefan and Katherine's daughter was a SORASed young woman - they can't be using that kid unless it's a flashback, or there's no SORAS and they're that desperate for yet another teen, which, ugh. This role has been on the books for like a year but I still can't get over there being a character named "Kailey Cassadine". Kailey!

I'm all for Sonny having a mental breakdown and taking a break - it would be fun to watch - but I'll only believe it when it happens.

The Carly Schroder rumor about Serena has been going around for like two years. Supposedly Lynn Herring and Kin Shriner pulled for it. I'll believe that when I see it, too, though she has grown up to be a beautiful young lady.

National enquirer spoilers

JC ‏@jmcrenny 1m
NE 6/23 #GH: Carly has a warning for Ava
JC ‏@jmcrenny 55s
NE 6/23 #GH: Nina reveals her true colors
JC ‏@jmcrenny 53s
NE 6/23 #GH: Maxie shares her custody verdict with Lulu
JC ‏@jmcrenny 26s
NE 6/23 #GH: Franco is jealous over Caly's new bond with Sonny
JC ‏@jmcrenny 19s
NE 6/23 #GH: Ava taunts Sonny about her unborn baby
JC ‏@jmcrenny 5s
NE 6/23 #GH: Silas rushes to Nina's aid
JC ‏@jmcrenny 5s
NE 6/23 #GH: Sam has her doubts about Nina
JC ‏@jmcrenny 12s
NE 6/23 #GH: Franco catches Sonny and Carly in an embrace

S&C >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cancosore

Well, there was also these cable guide spoilers for that week

6/23
Rafe meets with a mysterious man

6/24
A moment between Britt and Nikolas spurs Elizabeth's jealously

6/25
Obrecht frets over her secret

6/26
Maxie is shocked to learn who Nathan's new friend is

6/27
Two unexpected guests interrupt a moment between Lucy and Kevin

Not gonna lie though, Franco throwing a hissy fit over Carly's bond with Sonny gives me glee, that's how much I hate him. It'll probably lead to Franco exposing Sonny though, which gives me less glee. Someone else should be doing those honors. Hell, Johnny's goons or Brad telephoning into the station and tattling on Sonny would be more emotional satisfying than Franco doing it

(edited)

Huh.  I wonder what that moment entails since Nik was acting like he wouldn't spit on Britt if she was on fire the other day.

And OF COURSE Liz is jealous.  Ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
It'll probably lead to Franco exposing Sonny though, which gives me less glee.

Would people believe Franco? Even though he's supposed to be a harmless teddy bear, people still outright hate and distrust him. Carly's not going to automatically back him, and I can't see Lauren supporting him, either.

This is never going to end, is it? It's such a pathetic triangle.

• Love 1

We might be able to have more sets (& better made ones), if they let a couple people go & stopped adding 8475 new characters each month.

I could take a break from Mo but I'm afraid his time would be filled by MSt being everywhere.

From general hospital happenings:

Kailey's given name is Katerina.

Molly starts fake bonding with Julian to gain info to help Ric.

Ric will be faking dead and seeking revenge against Julian and/or whatever Faux Luke is

Julian will be caught redhanded by Alexis with mob money- after he proposes of course

Anna and Ric tell Alexis that Julian never left the mob

Fake Luke will be pissed that Alexis knows he is the boss. Danger is coming.

Molly learns of Rafe's addiction. She sees him with his connection who overdoses.

Julian believes Fake Luke is real Luke and tells Alexis.

Julian feels guilty over Rafe's od.

Carlos is pissed about Gabriel/Shamwow's death and wants revenge.

Nina thinks her kid is alive and tells Silas to help her find it.

Christina will be in the TJ/Molly sphere

Dr O begs Victor to not unfreeze Helena. She disobeyed her orders and is afraid.

And we conclude with these questions:

Was it really Robin's choice to not come back when Patrick asked her to?

Will Patrick be able to forgive her? Time will tell. (Think fall)

I saw jsbt comment on this in the TFGH thread, but there is a rumor that Tommy Hardy Jr. is coming back to the show.  Last week, Maxie taped a few days with an actor, Jamil Walker Smith, AA who is in the right age bracket for the character.

LMAO that big bad Dr. O is scared of old ass Helena. Just push her off the parapet and be done with it.

To be fair, Helena would scare me if I disobeyed her.  And she's not that easy to kill.  Ask her stepdaughter and real Luke.

• Love 1
(edited)

IIRC the old rumor, Helena employed Obrecht as Katherine's nurse after the first fall from the parapet. Told O. to heal her up and kill the baby - Katherine could not be allowed to spawn another unworthy Cassadine. Katherine begged Obrecht for mercy and Obrecht took pity on her and the baby, then ended up raising "Kailey" (ugh) in secret or something. More of Obrecht as Stella Dallas, the long-suffering antiheroine we just don't understand!

I recall being told that Mary Beth Evans was taping flashbacks for just this purpose, but that was last year, presumably before this and other stories (like the Baldwin girls) got pushed back, so I'd be surprised if she turned up now.

Edited by jsbt

As much as I'd love to believe that MB will be taking a 14 week leave, I don't for one second. That rumor's been around a while, and it has yet to be confirmed by any reputable source. So all I'm saying is don't get your hopes up that much. With block taping, maybe a week.

I'm trying to think which is the lesser of two evils between Cranco and CarSon. I honestly don't know. They both suck just so very much.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yea, that guy is fine as fuck. If only he could replace Levi immediately.

The thought of MB being gone for a while is so amazing.

I'd definitely rather watch CarSon go for round 10000 than Cranco.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

If Christina is in the Molly/TJ orbit, I hope that Christina and Molly will be friends and not insta-enemies like Molly and stupid Taylor were.  Hopefully Christina already having a boyfriend will help that cause.

The Dr. O/Helena rumors have been around for so long, but I'm sorry/not sorry, I'd love to see scenes between Kathleen Gati and Constance Towers, be they flashbacks or present day.

(edited)

As much as I'd love to believe that MB will be taking a 14 week leave, I don't for one second. That rumor's been around a while, and it has yet to be confirmed by any reputable source. So all I'm saying is don't get your hopes up that much. With block taping, maybe a week.

Neither do I. All I've read is "there's a rumor..." or "Allegedly, Sonny/MB will..." and no source as to where this supposed rumor originated.

As for Schroeder returning as Serena? I'm conflicted. I don't want anyone I liked returning to this cesspit.  But I did see Schroeder on Law & Order: SVU several years ago, playing an abused girlfriend, and she was really very good. Last time we saw her as Serena, she was a child.  Her acting didn't get worse when she grew up.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

If CS (who I never saw before) returns, I hope she's ready to take off her clothes a lot. If she's going to be paired with Morgan, that's going to be pretty much a given and expected. It's been well-established that Morgan likes sex, he's good at it, and he enjoys kink.

• Love 2

Wut? I thought he left YR because he couldn't get enough time off for outside projects?

He reads a bit old for Dillon but I would have loved to see he and AJ in some scenes together. I also don't see Ron as interested in the Qs, so if true, it would probably be the Return of the Heroic Hitman and that would test my Billy Miller liking in the Worst Way.

• Love 1

Actually BM plays a really good villian. Is Jason a villian?

He played a dark guy on Sarah Michelle Gellers 1 season series and he was quite good.

Maybe all these cancellation rumors aren't very true. Seems some of the good Y&R talent jumped ship for a reason. If EH also signs on I'll REALLY be suspicious. Things that make you go hummm........

(edited)

I just can't see Billy Miller, who is dynamite onscreen, as the blinking Borg. It doesn't compute.

Cattitude, Jason is a character who should be a villain because he's been a hitman/mob enforcer for years but the town worships him. He is sometimes referred to as St Jasus.

Edited by jazzyscreenname

Cattitude, Jason is a character who should be a villain because he's been a hitman/mob enforcer for years but the town worships him. He is sometimes referred to as St Jasus.

Please don't tell me he was played by that block of wood known as SBu. If so at least BM has VERY small shoes to fill. He can just crack his shark tooth face and beat SBu hands down.

• Love 2

Yes, Dullan was Jason. He rode on water and had a box of pain and really needed some good laxatives. He had multiple brain surgeries and they didn't even have to shave his head to pull out a piece of car dashboard. That was how he got brain damaged, he was in the car with drunk AJ.

The best thing Ron did was shoot him in the back and kick him in the harbour. Bam splash.

• Love 1

Please, let Jason Quartermaine come back and not Jason Morgan.  Please?

There are no Quartermaines who matter to the show at this point aside from poor duped Tracy, and Michael, so it would just be him smirking at them.

Miller gets a lot of hype, but when it came time for actual work on Y&R, I can't say I was ever overly impressed. He had little to no chemistry with most of his scene partners, and had a very small range. He can certainly grin and grin and bellow on cue, and he has charisma, but then where did charisma get Roger Howarth on this show?

I am also wary of him being brought in to somehow teach Steve Burton a lesson. Would Steve Burton even give a shit? He's got a decent job elsewhere, one that likely won't be ending for a while. I never liked Steve Burton, or his work as Jason, aside from a little bit in the mid-90's, but if GH is going to spin hiring an overrated actor who takes a lot of breaks as some type of "gotcha," it doesn't work for me.

I suppose it's too much to hope he will come on as not-dead A.J.

I feel sorry for any actor who takes that role. If you look at Ron or Frank the wrong way then the scripts will start calling you a fat ass.

• Love 2

The Billy Miller-as-Jason thing has been in the offing - or at least the rumor mill - since December or January. The other stuff that is now for real, like the Baldwin girls, Kailey, etc. has been floating around longer. I think it will happen but I don't know for sure.

I'm all for Miller taking the role - he can be a lot more vibrant than Burton, but it would require them to return the character as a sort of hybrid, of both his most recent self and a new character with his family memories. He can't be just Jason the enforcer anymore, he has to finally go back to the beginning. And I'd rather see him with Robin.

Stefan's resurrection has also been floated often as tied to this Kailey thing - Obrecht supposedly knows he is alive and may mention it - but I don't know if they ever came to terms with Stephen Nichols, so it may not occur. They have kept the flame burning for it by having Nikolas constantly reference his uncle in the last nine months. At one point it was to be a story with Genie Francis, where I assume Stefan would play the same cardboard spoiler role to a main couple as Ric/A.J./Scott/etc. before him - the cynical attempt to play on a past romance with no real investment in it beyond using it as the immediate obstacle and plot point for something else. I still haven't forgiven Ron Carlivati for doing it with R.J. and Téa on OLTL.

• Love 1

I think Stefan would probably become the new Duke - shuffling around, ineffectual. Stephen Nichols isn't nearly so shambolic, but Stefan can be written that way sometimes.

I am hoping against hope is Jason does come back, he comes back with a different personality. In the story in my head, he doesn't remember being Jason Morgan, and wants nothing to do with Carly and Sonny, but because of Danny, knows he has to form some kind of relationship with Sam.

(edited)

How can I put this . . . Doesn't BM have the same body type as SK?  Are we now in store for 'Jason is fat' jokes?  

Id rather the character remain at the bottom of the icy harbor with a bullet hole.  

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

I am hoping against hope is Jason does come back, he comes back with a different personality. In the story in my head, he doesn't remember being Jason Morgan, and wants nothing to do with Carly and Sonny, but because of Danny, knows he has to form some kind of relationship with Sam.

See I want St Jasus to remember being Jason Morgan. I don't want him having a clean slate. I want him to feel the guilt, shame & disgust of everything he did and ordered. I want him to be ashamed of his relationships with Sonny & Carly, as well as what happened to his relationship with the Q's. BM can emote so this could work.

Tiger, I've written about the same concern regarding BM & weight. IIRC, it's due to a illness. At this point, I don't trust Cartini to not do the fat jokes.

• Love 2

FV and RC deciding to bring back Jason just makes killing off AJ even more stupid.  I have read that they had no use for AJ because Steve Burton left and they couldn't do their AJ/Jason story that RC had in mind and yet they decided to recast Jason and kill off AJ - makes sense.  

As an AJ fan I'm not looking forward to this.  Saint Jason will have his ass kissed by all his worshipers while AJ who is freaking dead will still be continuously slammed like he is the worst person who ever lived.

• Love 1