Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Hater said:

Drew's big exit;

LOL.  Thursday.

I'm pleased they're not killing him off at least, even though this is a super dumb exit. What, does he just decide to stay behind there?

No doubt that he'll be written as Lucky-style as an absentee dad too to prop up Jason as Scout's doting stepfather. Ugh.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Laur said:

I'm pleased they're not killing him off at least, even though this is a super dumb exit. What, does he just decide to stay behind there?

No doubt that he'll be written as Lucky-style as an absentee dad too to prop up Jason as Scout's doting stepfather. Ugh.

Chances are extremely high for this.

They’ve been pretty clear that prefer to show Jason and Sam as the adventure couple so I don’t see a ton of doting family scenes for them. But I wonder if they’ll kill Drew in Afghanistan or have something happen to him. It doesn’t seem like having to return the money would be justify him being offscreen forever. Most of the other absentee fathers left for jobs or had some sort of personal issue that they had to leave PC to get away from

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Most of the other absentee fathers left for jobs or had some sort of personal issue that they had to leave PC to get away from

And I will FOREVER and EVER be PISSED that Frank and Hacks, created the lame-ass, stoopid "dark place" for Lucky that made him exile himself from his family because Jonathan Jackson wouldn't stay on the show. Instead of just having him offscreen, yet still mention that he talked with his sons and that they visited him. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I will FOREVER and EVER be PISSED that Frank and Hacks, created the lame-ass, stoopid "dark place" for Lucky that made him exile himself from his family because Jonathan Jackson wouldn't stay on the show. Instead of just having him offscreen, yet still mention that he talked with his sons and that they visited him. 

It's worse now that he's not in the "dark place." Recently Laura had the one-sided conversation with him where he assured her he's fine and she told him to "have fun," then the psychic said she wasn't referring to "your son in Africa."

It's clear Cameron isn't even allowed to acknowledge Lucky ever existed in his life.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It's worse now that he's not in the "dark place." Recently Laura had the one-sided conversation with him where he assured her he's fine and she told him to "have fun," then the psychic said she wasn't referring to "your son in Africa."

I KNOW! That peeved me as well. No, no, Lucky. There's nothing for you to worry about, other than the child you raised as your own, Cameron, remember him? He was only kidnapped by a psychotic rapist cult leader and nearly had an adult man's memories flooded into his brain. Or that he was held while said leader held a gun on him and forced him to watch it happen to his stepfather. But you go on and "have fun."

Like I said when you originally posted that in the episode thread, I don't know how Genie managed to say those words without rolling her eyes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Drew will get the same treatment as Lucky even though both were decent dads on the show.

I'll be surprised if Drew is ever talked about again at all.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, ulkis said:

second, so much for Lulu always being family, THAT'S NOT A COMPLAINT. Hooray for Dante being traumatized and depressed so he doesn't have to be there!

LOL. I wonder if we’ll get a reason why Lulu isn’t there.

Is anyone really excited for this vow renewal to happen? I think it’s one of the lamest plots they’ve done for Carly and Sonny.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, ulkis said:

https://www.tvinsider.com/807056/general-hospital-sonny-carly-wedding-vow-renewal-photos/

First of all, gross, second, so much for Lulu always being family, THAT'S NOT A COMPLAINT. Hooray for Dante being traumatized and depressed so he doesn't have to be there!

If this wasn't such a horrible family, it would be a nice picture. I'm almost surprised not to see a recast Avery as the Scarola twins have been busy picking up new gigs.

• Love 1

Who is the vow renewal supposed to appeal to? Sonny and Carly have been married 5 times and haven’t had any major issues since their last wedding. I feel like I’m missing something because the general fans who don’t love or hate them would be bored and most of this wedding party are already on constantly.

The only way I could see this making sense is if they were trying to give them one last happy moment before blowing them up but they don’t seem to want to give them any couple angst these days.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Who is the vow renewal supposed to appeal to? Sonny and Carly have been married 5 times and haven’t had any major issues since their last wedding. I feel like I’m missing something because the general fans who don’t love or hate them would be bored and most of this wedding party are already on constantly.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I bet this dumb AF renewal and waste of time is happening because Carly will have some kind of health crisis to stoke Sonny's man pain. Why do all the bad things happen to meeeeee?!?

We know you're using shoe polish on your greys, Mo. Should just let them grow out. It'll look better than this. Promise.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

https://www.tvinsider.com/807056/general-hospital-sonny-carly-wedding-vow-renewal-photos/

First of all, gross, second, so much for Lulu always being family, THAT'S NOT A COMPLAINT. Hooray for Dante being traumatized and depressed so he doesn't have to be there!

Also not there?  Lucas (who?), you know, just the bride's brother who's in a baby swap with his nephew.  But fear not, Sonny's new adopted kid is! #eyeroll

This really makes me mad.  And there's not even any drama happening during this farce, it's just a nice time for these horrible people?  WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO US?!?!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

I would be an avid fan if they did something new and different with Sonny and Carly.  

At this point, what's left? The 20th (!) anniversary of this toxic twosome is coming up in November. Everything has been done and redone.

• Love 1

Sonny and Carly really are looking spent. They're as close to leads as anyone on the show can be, and the writing ideas for them are pregnancy and renewing of vows. So, more or less what their story would have been 15 years ago, except she's another actress and he needs more hair dye. Their other recent stories have been reacting to their elderly parents' health problems (new, but not exactly exciting), his mentoring a teen who wants to get into the business (done, done, and done), and her stint in a mental institution (an every-decade thing). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

At this point, what's left? The 20th (!) anniversary of this toxic twosome is coming up in November. Everything has been done and redone.

An actual affair between Carly and Jason.  Or Carly and anyone at this point.  All of their breakups and drama have been driven by Sonny doing something wrong.  Except Carly going to the Feds, he has bombed their relationship each and every time.

And yes, I think that Jarly is still on the table.  As much as Jason has put the pin in that over the years, I believe it could happen.  I believe it SHOULD happen at this point.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ouinason said:

An actual affair between Carly and Jason.  Or Carly and anyone at this point.  All of their breakups and drama have been driven by Sonny doing something wrong.  Except Carly going to the Feds, he has bombed their relationship each and every time.

And yes, I think that Jarly is still on the table.  As much as Jason has put the pin in that over the years, I believe it could happen.  I believe it SHOULD happen at this point.

Sonny would just be like, eh, take her. 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

The first divorce was because of Carly going to the feds but it was Carly who ended demanding the divorce more than 6 months later.

Sonny and Carly mutually cheated on the same night with Sam and Alcazar respectively which creepy montages as they thought of each other in the middle of the cheatfest. But they ended up not getting divorced after Michael parent trapped back together.

They finally got divorced after Carly confessed that Kristina was Sonny's daughter and she did not tell him the truth.

Carly also was the one who demanded the divorce from their marriage of convenience as she was still engaged and in love with Jax.

Despite their many weddings, they have only been divorced threes times by my count (or 2 as Sonny had their first divorce revoked when they reunited after Carly had turned up at her own funeral).

• Useful 1

I sincerely do not at all blame Carly for cheating with Lorenzo. That whole situation was fucked and Sonny's fault.

I think the difference between the BFF Jarly and any kind of actual affair would be the loss of trust and what kind of situation would lead to them being in that situation.  Up until now Jason has been a rock, but not anything more, even if Carly sometimes wishes he was deep down.  I would be interested in a situation where Jason is reaching for her, or so desperate to help her (as he's always been able to) that things get out of hand.  

I don't expect that, but it's a story I would watch every day, live and then on Hulu with popcorn and cocktails.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Someone could con or steal the MetroCourt away from Carly!

• Useful 1
On 8/23/2019 at 2:40 AM, TeeVee329 said:

Someone could con or steal the MetroCourt away from Carly!

Someone could put something in the atmosphere and wipe the memory of the Corinthos clan (and Jason Morgan) from all denizens of Port Charles.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

They really think the majority of this audience is sitting at the edge of their seat hoping and praying that FRANCO — FRANCO — gets his memories back. FRANCO. 

FRANCO.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

They really think the majority of this audience is sitting at the edge of their seat hoping and praying that FRANCO — FRANCO — gets his memories back. 

timidly raises hand. I do. prepares to duck tomatoes

Also, RH’s plays franco far better than he does Drew circa 2010

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

timidly raises hand. I do. prepares to duck tomatoes

Also, RH’s plays franco far better than he does Drew circa 2010

Oh, I know there are people who like RoHo and Franco!

I just don’t think the larger segment of the audience is really tied to that character so much that this storyline is that palpable or should even last this long. It should’ve been over with by now.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

They really think the majority of this audience is sitting at the edge of their seat hoping and praying that FRANCO — FRANCO — gets his memories back. FRANCO. 

FRANCO.

I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily the Franco character but his pairing with Liz seems to have a pretty large fanbase so I think people want him to get his memories back so he’ll remember her

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's so late in the game for this story to be playing out. Two years ago this might have been interesting, but of course they'd have to write for BM. This way it's only Franco.

Two years ago SBu didn't want back yet so Drew would have stayed on the show.

But it might have been an interesting twist. Would have required adding Sam to the mess since Drew was still with her.

8 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

This week's promo: more of the same. Zzzzzzzz.

Hmmm so Liz is upset that a woman is/might be pursuing a man romantically whose memories have been altered, the feelings of his wife be damned.

...sounding a little familiar, Nurse Webber?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hmmm so Liz is upset that a woman is/might be pursuing a man romantically whose memories have been altered, the feelings of his wife be damned.

...sounding a little familiar, Nurse Webber?

I agree with what Mrs. Stanwyck said, but I think this situation is worse - it makes both FrancoDrew and Kim look awful.  Drew genuinely didn't know his own identity, and neither did Elizabeth, when they were falling for each other (before Ric paid Hayden to go claim she was "Jake Doe's" wife). FrancoDrew knows by now he is not actually Drew,  but doesn't want to be Franco based on online research and information obtained through conversations, so he's rejecting his true identity despite awareness he's letting down a teenage boy he's met and that boy's younger brothers. He also clearly thinks it's okay  to disrespect another man's relationship. On the other hand, Kim is worse because she is well aware that this man is not the father of her deceased child and has a family - one family member was close to her son! This is not the man who made these memories with her.  She is highly emotionally unwell/has serious arrested development as an adult on top of her bereavement re: Oscar if she is still that hung up on a three-month relationship from 16 years ago when she has been in a much longer relationship with Julian, a man who has been there for her and whom she claims to love. I could sort of sympathize with her if FrancoDrew had known Oscar and they had started building a relationship. She's just feeding his delusion (s). 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 13