Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Gentle Hero Farmer Franco sacrifices himself for Cam and gets the procedure done and Olivia buys Julian's bar. It's all very wtf but at least something is happening?

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Gentle Hero Farmer Franco sacrifices himself for Cam and gets the procedure done and Olivia buys Julian's bar. It's all very wtf but at least something is happening?

And there goes my wish that something happen because Liz and Franco were too disgustingly happy, so at least there's that. Also, Hayden is there for Elizabeth because Franco doesn't remember her. Amnesia, when was the last time we had that? I'm seriously asking. I don't remember.

• Love 1

I think Drew-as-Jason was the last time we had amnesia, right? I suppose the Anna stuff (i.e., wondering if Peter is hers or Alex's) connected to the memory switch might be considered amnesia.

Edited by dubbel zout
clarity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just had a thought. Now Franco is being told he "MUST take that drive" and we all know it's the flash drive. Is his brain tumor going to come into play? We know Jason couldn't have the memories implanted in him because of his brain damage. Could Franco's brain be different in that he will be able to keep his own memories and have Drew's as well? I can't imagine they will break up Friz and you know know this will be what gets Cam to live Franco so they can't have that spilled with Franco never remembering his current life. And you know they can't go 5 minutes without mentioning his brain tumor...

9 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I just had a thought. Now Franco is being told he "MUST take that drive" and we all know it's the flash drive. Is his brain tumor going to come into play? We know Jason couldn't have the memories implanted in him because of his brain damage. Could Franco's brain be different in that he will be able to keep his own memories and have Drew's as well? I can't imagine they will break up Friz and you know know this will be what gets Cam to live Franco so they can't have that spilled with Franco never remembering his current life. And you know they can't go 5 minutes without mentioning his brain tumor...

Can it be fatal? Please?

• Love 2

Franco's brain damage would most likely be different since Jason's would have been over a diffuse area while Franco's was surgical. (This is why removing parts of monkeys' brains and them giving them electric shocks doesn't really help us with understand brain injury in humans.) So it's possible that it would work on him when it wouldn't work on Jason.

My money is still on Jason saving the day before Drew's memories are implanted though. And then Drew goes to Afghanistan to see if he can find out where the money went.

39 minutes ago, bannana said:

Have there been any spoilers re whether Julian is actually leaving?

Not that I’ve seen and I don’t think he or Kim are leaving. I get the feeling Franco getting Drew’s memories will cause her to change her mind. There’s a lot of spoilers of scenes between Franco and Kim so they might be setting up some kind of love triangle (or quad I guess?)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The new promo: 

1) Laura asking, "What about my son?"...what's that about?

2) This might sound bad...but can the "serious contagion" somehow tock the Sonny/Carly baby?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I wish I could be excited about Nik returning....but he was such trash last time.  And my negative feelings about Tyler Christopher's sleepwalking style of acting were not helped by his time on "Days of our Lives".

• Love 4

LOL. When the writers can’t/don’t want to come up with a reason, “Helena did it” is the fallback.

I always enjoy seeing Constance Towers; I just wish she had better stories. (I wish that for nearly all the actors.)

• Love 4
8 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Well, isn't this mildly interesting.

https://tvline.com/2019/08/13/general-hospital-helena-returns-constance-towers-shiloh-drew-afghanistan/

Note: not sure why the link doesn't bring up a thumbnail, but whatever.

First, a disclaimer - Constance Towers is, of course, a national treasure with a finesse for cutting barbs and rocking a fierce suit.  So in that respect, I don't mind seeing Helena on my screen.

But this is seriously so stupid and creatively bankrupt.  As dumb as it was, at least tying Shiloh to Sam's conwoman past was a different use of history.  But going back to the "Helena did it!" well AGAIN?!?!  Wanting me to believe that she would lower herself to whatever petty crime Shiloh was up to, or that she would care this much about Drew and/or possibly Jason AAARRGGGHHH?!?!

• Love 5

Speaking of returns no one asked for...: 

Just stop it, Frank.  I liked little Sam on OLTL too, but talk about a character and an appearance we don't need.  What, was Wyatt also in the woods the night Nelle gave birth and saw her hand the baby to Brad?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

We called it as soon as the Shilo/Drew connection was made, Shilo kidnapped Drew in Afghanistan.  We knew Victor and Helena Cassidine were involved in the Jason/Drew memory mapping experiments.

My prediction is that Cassandra Pierce is a relative or clone of Helena.  Helena's evil was too great to expend in one lifetime so she funded the memory mapping experiments to ensure she would live on to commit heinous acts for lifetimes to come.  Helena's body may have died but her spirit and memories have been implanted into Cassandra.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Faison did say that they took Drew cause Helena was all "I need me a borg of my very own... but Jason is a ball of brain damage, so ... I'll take this shiny one."  I mean, that's what I took away from that explanation.  Helena needed a version of Jason that didn't suck so much.  and it WORKED!!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ouinason said:

Faison did say that they took Drew cause Helena was all "I need me a borg of my very own... but Jason is a ball of brain damage, so ... I'll take this shiny one."  I mean, that's what I took away from that explanation.  Helena needed a version of Jason that didn't suck so much.  and it WORKED!!!

How did Helena even know there was a twin and how could Helena have done any of this WHEN SHE WAS DEAD?

• Love 2

They found out by coincidence during their shady dealings.  Or, Faison did.  I buy he was selling weapons or drugs or some other evil thing in the Afghani dessert back then. 

Helena wasn't dead in 2012 was she?  I feel that that was a couple years later.

Edited by ouinason

Oh, good.  I knew it was in one of my off periods and I was an everyday hate watcher in 2012.  To the point where my husband still sees SB and says "Isn't that that asshole character you used to scream at on the TV?"

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

They found out by coincidence during their shady dealings.  Or, Faison did.  I buy he was selling weapons or drugs or some other evil thing in the Afghani dessert back then. 

Helena wasn't dead in 2012 was she?  I feel that that was a couple years later.

She was dead when Robin was kidnapped by Victor to revive her and Stavros. Reviving Jason (who apparently turned out to be Drew) was her reward. 

• LOL 1

I have refused to believe that Helena is dead.  I know they showed her death, but man, that was such a pathetic death scene for a character like Helena Cassadine.  Helena deserved a MUCH better death.

So I have secretly believed she faked her death and is evil-ing her evil on some distant evil island.

• Love 7

Didn't Nik kill Helena with poisoned tea? So if Nik and Helena come back that might be a problem. Or is retcon on the horizon?

Please remind me: What is Hayden 's beef with Valentin?

So,FrankenDrew comes with new, player moves.

The writers are exhibiting some form of summer madness. Makes me think of the Ed Sullivan show with the plate spinners except the writers are not talented and all the plates will be on the floor, broken any minute now.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, paisley said:

Please remind me: What is Hayden 's beef with Valentin?

Well Hayden was technically Nikolas' widow as he faked his death before he had the chance to divorce her. So she would have gotten a small chunk as wife unless Nik had disinherited her but Valentin swooped in to take the Cassadine fortune.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, paisley said:

So,FrankenDrew comes with new, player moves.

Yeah, tbh, I was thinking this could be an interesting twist, and at least SOMETHING is happening with that stupid memory drive, but they way that scene with Kim played out made "Drew" seem like kind of an asshole. 

I think Nikolas was "rich people" broke, like, I dunno, a multi-millionaire instead of a billionaire. But, yeah, apparently Helena's (and Victor's?) various special projects had taken a big chunk out of the Cassadine assets.

• Love 2

Drew's big exit;

Drew finds the stolen money in Cam’s car. He takes it to Frew who insists it be returned to Afghanistan. Drew agrees to personally return the money

LOL.  Thursday.

Just now, statsgirl said:

Are they recasting then? Not with Tad, I hope.

(I guessed BM would leave for Afghanistan.)

Technically they did with Roger. lol. They're not getting an actual replacement though thus far but Roho is suppose to be doing the dual role thing.

14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Are they recasting then? Not with Tad, I hope.

(I guessed BM would leave for Afghanistan.)

That would be quite a stretch, age wise. Not that it hasn't happened before. But I highly doubt it.

15 minutes ago, Hater said:

Technically they did with Roger. lol. They're not getting an actual replacement though thus far but Roho is suppose to be doing the dual role thing.

But he can't actually play Drew as JL plays both Kevin and Ryan. And FrancenDrew can't take over Drew's other functions like running Aurora or being Monica's son-that-likes-her. So RoHo can carry the storyline (although not as well as if Drew were there to contrast) but he's not taking over Drew's role on the show.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But he can't actually play Drew as JL plays both Kevin and Ryan. And FrancenDrew can't take over Drew's other functions like running Aurora or being Monica's son-that-likes-her. So RoHo can carry the storyline (although not as well as if Drew were there to contrast) but he's not taking over Drew's role on the show.

I wouldn't be so sure about the Monica part at least, not after her scenes today.