Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Hater said:

They shouldn't even have to rewrite this in the first place because Wes Ramsey should have never gotten a job at GH simply because he was sleeping with LW.  

I actually think he's not a bad actor... I mean, he went to Juilliard. But the character is woefully misconceived and he has failed to generate any chemistry with the actors in his orbit.  He and Maxie don't look like they want to even touch hands, nor does he have compelling interactions with Anna, LuLu, or Valentin. 

I think they've done something similar with Elizabeth Hendrickson... talented actor, seemed like a "get," but don't have a thought out storyline. I feel bad for the actors and the writers, all of whom seem at a loss. 

• Love 7

Rumor:

An actress in her late 20s and a tween girl have both been cast and start in May. Both play characters who have appeared on the show before. One is a Quartermaine. The tween’s mother will appear with her when she first appears. The mother is also a former character.

@TeeVee329 maybe Skye and Lila Rae?

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

An actress in her late 20s and a tween girl have both been cast and start in May. Both play characters who have appeared on the show before. One is a Quartermaine. The tween’s mother will appear with her when she first appears. The mother is also a former character.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

It's three characters, not two.

The tween, the mom, and...? Or are the mom and the twentysomething two characters? I was reading them as the same.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Rumor:

@TeeVee329 maybe Skye and Lila Rae?

So it's 1) an actress in her late 20s, 2) a tween girl, and 3) the tween girl's mother.  Either the late 20s actress or the tween girl are a Quartermaine.  And all three have been on the show before.

So yeah, in my dreams, late 20s is Serena, tween girl is Lila Rae, and tween girl's mother is Skye.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Uh oh.  Thinking more on it, if this girl is a tween, that probably means she'd be here for a storyline with Spencer, who's the only other tween around.  No thanks!

The last thing this show needs is Spencer getting a love interest. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

It's going to be BrookLynn because this show hates me. But maybe she will have recently graduated the Wharton school and challenge Michael for running ELQ. Yeah, that won't happen. But I'm sure it will be her.

I have no desire to see BrooLynn again. Her last appearance and what she did, tainted that character for me.

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Uh oh.  Thinking more on it, if this girl is a tween, that probably means she'd be here for a storyline with Spencer, who's the only other tween around.  No thanks!

Maybe it's the beginnings of a Quad 2.0!

Valentin wants custody

This better be leading up to some dramatic reveal that Valentin isn't Charlotte's biological father because other than being a complete douche, there has to be a reason we are reverting back to Valentin once again trying to underhandedly steal Charlotte from Lulu. Lulu did in fact give him notice she was leaving, Charlotte isn't with her, and he has in fact twice attempted to flee the country with Charlotte to avoid sharing custody, both times with no repercussions.  

• Love 3

Ugh, poor Nora, stuck dealing with this bozo again.  I don't know why she doesn't tell him to fuck off - she doesn't need the money (though, again, they seem to make her appear to be tempted by it), her calendar is full, she took Kevin's case as a favor, so that's that.

• Love 4

But she doesn't need his money, she never did.  She's a high-priced lawyer who's married to a Buchanan!

They've never sufficiently explained to me why Nora crossed state lines to represent this guy.  I still think it would have made more sense if it was Tea.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But she doesn't need his money, she never did.  She's a high-priced lawyer who's married to a Buchanan!

They've never sufficiently explained to me why Nora crossed state lines to represent this guy.  I still think it would have made more sense if it was Tea.

*shrug* They also never sufficiently explained why Nora helped Olivia Jerome get to the psychiatric facility and not prison. 

The only crossover since Todd and Starr Manning I’ve been interested in seeing is David Hayward for Anna. 

Nora can disappear into the same hole all other cancelled soap characters have. She wasn’t interesting enough to warrant her presence over David, in my opinion.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

That tied back to Valentin and his check book too. 

I mean, I like seeing Nora, and the Lllanview updates this time around have been fun, but it's also dumb.

I forget. What did Valentin have to do with Olivia Jerome?

I think he had had dealings with her that he didn't want to come to light (his character bio just says "Unknown business transactions with Olivia Jerome [1990-2017]"), so he asked Nora to handle her case as an add-on to the custody case with Lulu. Nora got "Liv" committed to Arkham Asylum or whatever cutesy name they have for it, rather than jail, and "Liv" was happy about that and presumably would not spill whatever she had on Valentin. 

Edited by Asp Burger
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Valentin wants custody

This better be leading up to some dramatic reveal that Valentin isn't Charlotte's biological father because other than being a complete douche, there has to be a reason we are reverting back to Valentin once again trying to underhandedly steal Charlotte from Lulu. Lulu did in fact give him notice she was leaving, Charlotte isn't with her, and he has in fact twice attempted to flee the country with Charlotte to avoid sharing custody, both times with no repercussions.  

Ugh, another custody scuffle? I don't care at all about Charlotte or who her parents are or aren't. Stop with this, writers. It's not interesting to watch.

If Shiloh isn't killed sooner rather than later, I won't be surprised if he finds out about Willow's baby and decides to sue for custody, and that's how that whole baby mess gets discovered.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Valentine isn't exactly wrong to be pissed at Lulu for her abrupt departure.  She left town less than 24 hours after telling him or Charlotte that she was leaving, and had no estimate as to when she would be back.  Could be a week, maybe months, maybe a year, who knows.  How the hell can Charlotte be expected to deal with that among all the other issues she has from having Val as a parent.

That exact situation is how my dad got full custody when I was a kid, with a couple more days of notice that my mom was leaving.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

Valentine isn't exactly wrong to be pissed at Lulu for her abrupt departure. 

Doesn't mean he has to change the custody agreement. That's just being a dick. He'd be outraged if Lulu tried the same.

It's why I hate this stupid custody stuff. It's never over, and it's not entertaining to watch adults bicker every time one of them decides to get offended about something (whether it's reasonable or not).

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Doesn't mean he has to change the custody agreement. That's just being a dick. He'd be outraged if Lulu tried the same.

It's why I hate this stupid custody stuff. It's never over, and it's not entertaining to watch adults bicker every time one of them decides to get offended about something (whether it's reasonable or not).

And unless something ever changes about Charlotte's maternity/paternity what's the point in showing Valentin to be an underhanded dick about custody? We knew this about him already. Lulu didn't run and try to change the custody agreement when Valentin tried to flee the country with Charlotte the second time.

I hope Laura finds out about this and tells Lulu immediately.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's more laziness from the writers. Jasus forbid we get a story that hasn't been told a million times before in the same exact way on this fakakta show.

I go back and forth on whether I want Charlotte's paternity/maternity to change. I hate the idea of yet another custody battle and for them to tell the exact same story, but I also hate Laura and Lulu having to be neutered in their anger for Charlotte's sake and for Valentin to get away with how he hurt them. And I'm not just talking about Nikolas.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The entire story is gross and I wish it had never been written in the first place. It hasn't changed anybody in any way. Oh, wait—Nina is more annoying than ever. 

I wasn't around to watch the Stavros/Laura story on Cassadine Island but I'm sure it was made very clear that Laura wasn't giving consent for any of this, that she was being held against her will and had no desire to create a child with a Cassadine, no matter how much she came to love Nikolas.

The utter creepiness of how Charlotte was conceived and Valentin's part in the deception was always glossed over even during the custody battle. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, katie9918 said:

The only crossover since Todd and Starr Manning I’ve been interested in seeing is David Hayward for Anna. 

Nora can disappear into the same hole all other cancelled soap characters have. She wasn’t interesting enough to warrant her presence over David, in my opinion.

I'm so torn on this... I watched David/Anna's story a while ago and good lord, did those two have chem. But David was also a criminal who engaged in many criminal acts throughout their relationship. And Anna, who was the chief of police for much of that time, pretty openly turned a blind eye as he ruined several lives (most notably Maria's). Now that she's back in Port Charles it's annoying enough that she props Sonny part time, but even trickier if it were her boyfriend. 

Re: Nora, I'm game to see her! I always liked Nora and like that Llanview is still continuing in some off-screen way. Mazel, Matthew and Destiny. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The entire story is gross and I wish it had never been written in the first place. It hasn't changed anybody in any way. Oh, wait—Nina is more annoying than ever. 

Ever since the success of Luke and Laura despite the rape, it seems like the show sees rape as some sick aphrodesiac when it is anything but. Not excusing Luke and Laura's origins at all, but the time period was also a time when the "no means yes" bodice-ripping romance novels were also all the rage, so call it a "product of the time".

The story with Charlotte has no such excuse. It is the 21st century, and having Charlotte be the product of glossed-over rape and trying to make Valentin some wounded romantic hero and daddy extraordinaire is nasty. And I include Nikolas' own creation here.

But then this show also glorifies criminals (hi, Sonny and Jason!) and serial killers (Franco), so it spreads its sickness around.

And ABC wonders why the ratings continue to be shitty.

• Love 11

Even without the story of her conception, Valentin constantly trying to take Charlotte away from her biomom makes him look like a douche. If he truly wanted what is best for Charlotte, he would encourage her to have as much access to Lulu and Rocco as she wants.

The problem is that they have no idea of what to do with Valentin now that he has Nina back other than another stupid custody batter. How the Cassadines have fallen.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Even without the story of her conception, Valentin constantly trying to take Charlotte away from her biomom makes him look like a douche. If he truly wanted what is best for Charlotte, he would encourage her to have as much access to Lulu and Rocco as she wants.

The problem is that they have no idea of what to do with Valentin now that he has Nina back other than another stupid custody batter. How the Cassadines have fallen.

For whatever reason Valentin doesn't want Charlotte to have as much access to Lulu, Rocco and even Dante and Laura as she wants. If it was up to him she would have no access at all and he and Nina are constantly acting like they are doing Lulu and Charlotte a favor by allowing Charlotte to see her bio-mom whenever Valentin deems it acceptable.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

For whatever reason Valentin doesn't want Charlotte to have as much access to Lulu

Which is one reason this story is so aggravating. Why tell it in the first place if Lulu being Charlotte's mother is such a problem? What is the drama here? Both sides acted idiotically in the initial custody stuff, and now that they have an agreement that works, why blow it up just because ER is taking some time away from the show? Dramatically it's pointless. Laura will fight it or ER will return and Lulu will fight it. Zzzzz. 

It's not entertaining to watch children be pawns in some fight. It just makes the parents look terrible.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And don't ever bring her back.

Chuck Cunningham (Happy Days reference) or Bobby Martin (All My Children reference) the character. No one would miss her if she went poof.

• Love 5