Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Hater said:

I would normally agree on annoying burton but seems like he’s all hunky dory with frank these days. He’s # grateful at gh. Number 1 cheerleader. Blah blah blah. Billy actually is filming something currently... it’s recurring but he’s in 5 out of 10 episodes so far and he’s working with some pretty relevant names in the industry. His agent knows how to get her clients work. I wish he would have left though. Drew is one of the few decent males and if he’s gone I’d have less reason to care.

Well, by "maybe they just want to annoy SB," I meant BM and KM.  Would not blame them at all.  I'm sure SB and FV are just fine with each other, for now at least.  SB, because he has a job, and FV, because he has to justify SB having a job.  Yeah, I kinda want BM to leave, too.  I'd feel sorry for KM if he did, but BM is better than this on more than one level.

• Love 4

I wonder if Nina found out that Ava drugged Sasha, hence the catfight. Still think Kiki will end up being Nina's coma baby.

So next week is the wedding and I see a new TJ.

Who are all those people in the Church? Frank actually spent money on extras for a wedding no one really cares about except for Jordan/Curtis fans.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Going through with this wedding with a nuJordan we barely know, and introducing the nuTJ that day, is so freakin' weird.

I wonder if we'll get a "the role of TJ Ashford is now being played by..." voiceover—we never did for nuJordan, which I find very disrespectful.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Who are all those people in the Church? Frank actually spent money on extras for a wedding no one really cares about except for Jordan/Curtis fans.

Like most of the GH weddings the guest list is super-strange. The only connection I thought of for Laura/Lulu is that Jordan was Dante's boss, and I don't think they even know Curtis. Why is Maxie there, except to see Peter? And I don't buy that Curtis and freaking Nina are so close that he would ask her to be his best person, even after Drew dropped out. 

If TJ is there and this is TJ's mom's wedding, where is Molly? TJ/Molly are still together, aren't they?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Going through with this wedding with a nuJordan we barely know, and introducing the nuTJ that day, is so freakin' weird.

Is all this buildup so that Curtis will be devastated when Ryan kills Jordan?

5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

And I don't buy that Curtis and freaking Nina are so close that he would ask her to be his best person, even after Drew dropped out. 

If TJ is there and this is TJ's mom's wedding, where is Molly? TJ/Molly are still together, aren't they?

If TJ is there and this is TJ's mom's wedding...why didn't Curtis ask him? Hasn't Curtis assumed for most of the kids life that they were uncle/nephew? I mean Nina??? Yeah, riiiiight. rme

• Love 4

I mean, I think TJ, as we see in the promo, being the one to walk Jordan down the aisle makes sense.  Though that does raise the question...does Jordan have a maid of honor?  Does Jordan have any family?  What do we actually know about her after all this time?

• Love 3

Jason and Sam continue to get lamer and lamer.

Now Sam has to get the sniffles in order for Jason to bring her to bed.  Oh and their annoying kid is back! With Alexis on prop duty interrupting the epic budding rekindling romance.

• Love 2
On 11/19/2018 at 10:37 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, I think TJ, as we see in the promo, being the one to walk Jordan down the aisle makes sense. 

I don't know who else would, TBH. 

On 11/19/2018 at 10:37 PM, TeeVee329 said:

does Jordan have a maid of honor? 

Anna.

From the spoilers:

Bad news sends Griffin reeling

and

Griffin hopes to change minds

Ha! Griffin doesn't get reinstated. He shouldn't, given how severe his violation was. You don't order tests on patients without their permission. I know he'll work at GH again eventually, but he deserves this punishment for a while longer.

Kristina finds a new purpose in life

As Port Charles's newest cult member, LOL. Typical Kristina.

Edited by dubbel zout
ugh; can't fix the formatting
  • Love 1

Ned resents Julian's presence at Thanksgiving

Then he can let Julian have Leo at Thanksgiving instead.

Things heat up between Maxie and Peter

Nooooooo!  Nathan hasn't been dead for that long.

Ryan showers Ava with attention

Setting her up for something.  Ava isn't a good person but even she doesn't deserve men like Griffin and Ryan.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

As Port Charles's newest cult member, LOL. Typical Kristina.

Normally I wouldn't suggest something like the military but I think it would do Kristina a lot of good to not be her parents' pampere darling for a while.

• Love 3

I don't think Kristina has the strength of character to stick it out during basic training. She expects a career to fall into her lap fully formed. There's nothing wrong with her being a bartender, and she's supposedly good at it. I wish the show would lean into that: She seems to know the basics of running a bar, so why not have her decide to open her own place? She could face setbacks when applying for a liquor license and getting turned down because Sonny is her father. Have her insist he stay out of it, and she figures out a legal way to get the necessary permits and things.

But that will never happen, as we don't even see Michael in business stories. No way girl child will get any sort of attention.

• Love 2

I actually like seeing Kristina flail a little. It feels realistic.  I definitely know friends who went off to very prestigious universities but made a few bad choices and wound up graduating several years late. 

Opening her own bar would definitely require a loan from at least one of her parents, and I hope Alexis, at least, would hesitate to give her college dropout daughter tens of thousands of dollars to open a bar... For the present, I'm fine with her being aimless and pouty about it. 

Curious to see where the cult thing is going. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Kristina has the strength of character to stick it out during basic training. She expects a career to fall into her lap fully formed. There's nothing wrong with her being a bartender, and she's supposedly good at it. I wish the show would lean into that: She seems to know the basics of running a bar, so why not have her decide to open her own place? She could face setbacks when applying for a liquor license and getting turned down because Sonny is her father. Have her insist he stay out of it, and she figures out a legal way to get the necessary permits and things.

But that will never happen, as we don't even see Michael in business stories. No way girl child will get any sort of attention.

I've written about this before, but if Kristina is going to be on canvas, it would be far more realistic for her to be a flailing girl reporter.

• Love 1

I think Kristina’s new career will be as a recruiter for her new friend’s “group” (read as “cult”) and will have to be rescued by her mobster dad. There is something too weird about that friend whose name I’ve forgotten. Her eyes and smile give her away. 

Kristina defines herself as the opposite of anything Alexis wants for her to be and Sonny enables her and enables her. I'm sure he'd give her the money to have her own bar, and if it failed, he'd give her the money for her next project.  There don't seem to be many consequences to her bad decisions.

Yeah, Kristina is going to need to be rescued from the cult and it will be up to Jason to infiltrate it and save her again.  (Sam can put on another costume because her life as a real responsible adult sucked so much.) Or maybe Sonny will go all Mob Boss on them. Either way, I doubt there will be any natural consequences for Kristina or any real growth.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Kristina defines herself as the opposite of anything Alexis wants for her to be and Sonny enables her and enables her. I'm sure he'd give her the money to have her own bar, and if it failed, he'd give her the money for her next project.  There don't seem to be many consequences to her bad decisions.

Sonny did give money for her and her then boyfriend whose name I cannot remember to open the coffee place Perks. When she left to go chasing after professor girlfriend, she left Perks up in the air. When she came back, she asked Sonny about the manager's job at Perks but he told he had to hire someone else when she left and he wasn't going to fire that person to give the job to Kristina. She ended tending bar for Julian.

• Love 1

It was good that Sonny didn't fire his manager and put Kristina in his/her place. But it's still not really adequate consequences for having Daddy buy her Perks when she wanted to own a coffee place and then leaving it without arrangements in place when she decided to do something else and go somewhere else. And now when Sonny sees her, he's telling her what a wonderful person she is instead of making her pay back the money he may have lost by her bailing. Everyone has been letting Kristin off the hook, now including Sam who is giving her a place to stay I presume rent-free.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

the money he may have lost by her bailing

I'm sure an accountant was able to write if off, so I doubt Sonny suffered much.

A perennial problem of the show is that too few people (i.e., never Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam) face any actual consequences for anything. The show doesn't care, given how often we see the same stories over and over again. They even play out the same way.

• Love 7

I'm not crying for Sonny losing any money. He'll make it up by extorting it out of someone as he did forcing Julian to serve his coffee.

I'm more bothered by the terrible parenting on this show. I think Liz does a good job, and Lulu has potential but Laura over-indulges Spencer, Nina seems like she's going to teach Charlotte how to perfect her bullying skills and Carly ruins all her children. I wonder how Olivia and Ned are going to be with Leo at Thanksgiving dinner with Julian there.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder how Olivia and Ned are going to be with Leo at Thanksgiving dinner with Julian there.

I'm sure Ned will urge Leo to be rude and Olivia will blame Julian somehow. Leo should have been a tock. He's the most useless child on the canvas at the moment, IMO. His entire existence gives me a rage blackout.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm sure Ned will urge Leo to be rude and Olivia will blame Julian somehow. Leo should have been a tock. He's the most useless child on the canvas at the moment, IMO. His entire existence gives me a rage blackout.

Or they should've retconned Ned as his father. RC's determination to write pointless babies for Julian and Ava still irritates me.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I rather they not brutally murder another female character who is actually studying to become a doctor.

That’s what I’m worried about. I’m picturing an on screen murder which I really don’t want to see. At least, people can’t blame JFP for this one if it happens.  

• Love 1

I also don't like that if Lauren is killed, somehow Ava will get the blame. You know Carly will sneer Ava now has the blood of two children on her hands. Ugh. Anything that gives Carly a chance to smug it up to Ava is something I don't want to happen.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I also don't like that if Lauren is killed, somehow Ava will get the blame. You know Carly will sneer Ava now has the blood of two children on her hands.

And you know that Nina will be there right beside her.

• Love 2

"Change a town forever?" There are only a handful of people in this town that ever interacted with Kiki or would care that she was dead.

Seriously.  It's not like she was beloved like Georgie (RIP, Georgie--you got a raw deal!).  I totally expect for Michael to speak at her funeral and lovingly talk about when she drugged him.

Griffin's "I haz a sad" face is cracking me up!

It's the visual interpretation of sad trombone!

LOL, it really is.  And I guess Ryan does have a sex drive...

• Love 2

From the new magazine:

Drew and Margaux, Shelly Altman “that ship has kind of sailed”

FV's attempt at Chilly 2.0 only ended up turning into Sonny's chance to try and screw the new younger brunette.

Somehow imo this has Maurice's hands all over it...

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

Why has Jordan worn her wedding dress throughout this investigation on the boat? She and Curtis obviously brought clothes to change into the next morning. Why not hop into those clothes to manage the investigation? That dress is actually beautiful but it just wasn’t the one for Jordan.

The Moonlight Sonata for the promo music? No one was putting a lot of thought into that, obviously. "We need something somber..." 

Now I'm remembering that giggle-worthy musical montage back in the JFP/McTavish years, set to the slow movement of Beethoven's 7th. I can't remember what was happening, but I think someone was being killed. Maybe Angel's father. Whatever was going on onscreen just didn't earn the "grandeur" the music was trying to give it.  

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

The Moonlight Sonata for the promo music? No one was putting a lot of thought into that, obviously. "We need something somber..." 

Now I'm remembering that giggle-worthy musical montage back in the JFP/McTavish years, set to the slow movement of Beethoven's 7th. I can't remember what was happening, but I think someone was being killed. Maybe Angel's father. Whatever was going on onscreen just didn't earn the "grandeur" the music was trying to give it.  

Maybe as simple as "We need something in the public domain..."

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oscar and Sonny have a heart to heart Dec. 13. Yeah.

Because of course.  Sonny can tell Oscar about the 816th time he was accused of a crime he totally did commit and how traumatic it was for him and how that's basically the same thing as having a terminal disease.

Shut up, GH.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I kept shouting "Don't contaminate the crime scene!" but I guess Jordan wanted to make sure that the person was really and truly dead before sealing the room for the CSIs.

Me too! And now  what's his name's fingerprints are all over Kiki and his DNA's all over the bedclothes. 

I'd think at least one writer would have attended Law and Order University with the rest of us.

• Love 9