Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

(edited)

I felt watching Friday's show that I could see the return of Morgan coming from a mile off. They pretty much have to, at this point, especially if the plan is to keep Ava long term. Then Sonny and Carly can still hate her (their son is alive but "no thanks to [her]!") but not to a homicidal degree. The story will be something about him being thrown clear of the blast and wandering around with amnesia. If it isn't going to be Bry-Dawg (and Laura Wright seemed so firm that a Bry-Dawg return would not happen, ever), they can make the character's new face part of the story or not. I'll feel even more that this is coming if Dillon and Kiki get more serious. 

There is a long term, right? I wonder what the cancellation odds are these days. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
(edited)

Instead of amnesia, he could choose to stay away because he wanted to straighten himself out. That's a respectable choice.

Or have him in rehab with AJ

I still don't care that Avery is cute, she needs to either be revealed as Morgan's kid or die. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Instead of amnesia, he could choose to stay away because he wanted to straighten himself out. That's a respectable choice.

Or have him in rehab with AJ

I still don't care that Avery is cute, she needs to either be revealed as Morgan's kid or die. 

I'm fine with Avery being Sonny's kid as Morgan is too young to be saddled to a woman old enough to be his mother. Plus one of the many problems with soaps right now is that almost every one in their 20s has a unnecessary kid and only has the goal of being married with a family. 

• Love 2

The problem with that is the "You let Sonny/Carly/Michael/Kristina/everyone grieve" factor. And God, have we ever seen the grieving.

It's not that I would put it past him, because it's Morgan, but usually the writers protect the "good" characters by keeping them away in some fashion that isn't under their control. Most often it's either amnesia or being kept prisoner by a villain. Or amnesia and being kept prisoner by a villain. 

Nikolas faked his death for about 15 minutes last year and let people grieve (a little before he "really" died), but he was so obviously not a writers' favorite with the current regime. 

(edited)
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I felt watching Friday's show that I could see the return of Morgan coming from a mile off. They pretty much have to, at this point, especially if the plan is to keep Ava long term.

Apparently she is getting viability via burns a friendship/possible romance with Griffin. 

Edited by ulkis

Oh, then this show really can't do anything right. The way I'd have written it would be to have Carly or Sonny break the lantern, either accidentally or in a rage, resulting in terrible injury to Ava. That would have complicated a situation that needs complicating. How bad would/should they feel about hurting, possibly permanently disfiguring her?

Instead, they had Ava cause her own injury. Did Jelly win a contest to get this job?

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Instead, they had Ava cause her own injury. Did Jelly win a contest to get this job?

I think they were the ones who drew the short straw.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Apparently she is getting viability via burns a friendship/possible romance with Griffin. 

Aside from being boring, what did Griffin ever do to deserve this?

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't care from like a moral standpoint, it's just stupid, boring, and (now that you mentioned Spencer's burns) repetitive. And yet again Carly/Sonny come out of something fine and surely heralded as heroes. If they'd been the ones burned, then I'd be down lol. Or like @Asp Burger mentioned, they could have had Sonny/Carly be the ones to burn Ava. 

Is there an adult version of Shriner's Hospitals for Children that the show can mention 500 times?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
(edited)

I am worried we're in for some boring angst for Kiki and Dillon, I could see Kiki rethinking their relationship when she finds out what Ava did to get Morgan out of the way. 

Not that I think these two can really handle any bigger story, but can they please get ANY story that's not about Morgan?  

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If Ava's burns are anything like Spencer's, there's nothing to worry about. (And it's better than being raped.)

GH, where the only choices a female character has is getting burned, getting raped, or getting pregnant.

• Love 11

Ava getting burned won't change anything as far as Sonny and Carly are concerned though. I haven't watched this week yet, but I'm going to guess they want her dead after hearing about the pill switch. And if she gets Kelly Taylor'd in a fire, they're still going to want her dead. So it's kind of pointless. I am here for Maura's acting though. As always, that's the only draw for me.

• Love 4

I'm probably a horrible person for saying this, but I don't mind seeing Ava suffer. Just because there's a long list of people who've never paid for their crimes doesn't mean I don't mind seeing her pay for hers.

Granted, I would be front and center to see Sonny, Carly, and Jason pay for theirs, but I've loathed Ava since she slithered into town (and I've always found MW completely overrated), so I don't care what happens to her. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

GH hasn't ever done an actual rape/pregnancy have they? 

Going back a ways, Tom Baldwin (Lee's brother) maritally raped Audrey, which resulted in her son Tom. Other than that, I can't think of any, except Nikolas' retconned existence.

There's also been a few fake-outs, like Ric with Morgan and Franco with Danny.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, katie9918 said:

I'm probably a horrible person for saying this, but I don't mind seeing Ava suffer. Just because there's a long list of people who've never paid for their crimes doesn't mean I don't mind seeing her pay for hers.

Granted, I would be front and center to see Sonny, Carly, and Jason pay for theirs, but I've loathed Ava since she slithered into town (and I've always found MW completely overrated), so I don't care what happens to her. 

No you aren't alone, I am with you on that. If they don't want Ava to have any responsibility for killing people, then the show shouldn't have her murder people or have her actions lead to peoples deaths.There are plenty of bad girls that actually don't use murder as a go to or have their actions so directly linked to someone's death. So one commented in the general thread that they were surprised that Carly has never killed anybody, but Carly was created at a time when writers thought long term about the character's viability. People like Helena and Faith Roscoe straight up murdered people, but the show didn't shy away from this. They try to play it both ways with Ava because they have been playing it both ways with Sonny and Jason, especially Jason. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, katie9918 said:

No, I don't think you're a horrible person. She's a fictional character, lord knows I've had my share of hatred of fictional characters. I want Sonny dismembered and chopped into a million pieces. Everyone has different tastes.

I'll agree to disagree on MW.

• Love 7
(edited)
17 hours ago, katie9918 said:

I don't care what happens to any of the characters and quite frankly I'd like to see a lot of them burned. Maybe that's the problem with the show lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

But even Jason had only ever killed other mobsters. Until RC, the same was true of Sonny. I didn't shed any tears for Jasus when dock and roll happened and I feel the same way about all the disposable mobsters that they fought.

AJ was different. So was Connie. The fact that RC/FV/JP/SA do not understand that is mind-boggling. 

• Love 7

I will say I'm a little leery that a Ava/Griffin pairing will really lean into a "The love of a good man cured the heathen woman of her wicked ways" kinda thing.  I mean, that kind of story can be soapy, but it'd be irritating to be told that Ava has to change while Sonny - who is basically Ava but a dude - is super awesome just the way he is.

• Love 14

I've enjoyed Ava off and on over the years, but of course she can and should suffer. Number one, it's a soap opera. Number two, her first months on the show involved blithely murdering a woman and letting her die like a dog on the floor. It's the least she deserves.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

But even Jason had only ever killed other mobsters. Until RC, the same was true of Sonny. I didn't shed any tears for Jasus when dock and roll happened and I feel the same way about all the disposable mobsters that they fought.

AJ was different. So was Connie. The fact that RC/FV/JP/SA do not understand that is mind-boggling. 

I think Ron did understand that.  He actually had Sonny and Jason read for filth for quite a long time.  I have to think that either the network, Frank, or both pressured him into practically deifying them again.  Jean and Shelly . . . I have no words about them, though.  They do acknowledge they're killers, as well, but not to a satisfactory extent.

• Love 2
(edited)

No, he didn't. He made Franco a contract character and seriously thought he had redeemed him with a bunch of DVDs. He had Ava viciously murder a woman who has never hurt more than someone's feelings, then RC had Ava and Sonny murder AJ and had Carly blithely cover it up

RC never understood when he was crossing a line with a character. He seemed to think he was good enough to just write the character out of it - he wasn't.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Nalan said:

Jean and Shelly . . . I have no words about them, though.  They do acknowledge they're killers, as well, but not to a satisfactory extent.

The worst was them being all, "Well, we have Carly comment on THE VIOLENCE so that's something."  Except, it's actually nothing to have a longtime mob moll who's covered up murders and taken out a hit on somebody to be that person.

• Love 9

Especially because it's not as if that was the moment Carly also chose to wash her hands of Sonny forever.

That scene might have signaled the end of explicit mob stuff on the show, but Sonny is the same violent thug he's always been.

• Love 3

And from the sounds of it, we're heading back into more mob-ular territory, with some nonsense from Sonny's past (I'd say that dead horse has been beaten quite enough, but these are the writers that decided busting out a Brenda!Bot would be new and fresh) and Jason heading back into the mob.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

No, he didn't. He made Franco a contract character and seriously thought he had redeemed him with a bunch of DVDs. He had Ava viciously murder a woman who has never hurt more than someone's feelings, then RC had Ava and Sonny murder AJ and had Carly blithely cover it up

No doubt.  I was just talking about his writing about Sonny and Jason.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Nalan said:

I think Ron did understand that.  He actually had Sonny and Jason read for filth for quite a long time.  I have to think that either the network, Frank, or both pressured him into practically deifying them again.  Jean and Shelly . . . I have no words about them, though.  They do acknowledge they're killers, as well, but not to a satisfactory extent.

I believe there was something about the network asking for more Sonny in 2013.

• Love 3
(edited)

Apparently, according to Jamey Giddens, Joss is getting a love interest "from a family everyone adores".  Now logically, this would be a SORASed Cameron, but this show certainly doesn't like being logical.  And supposedly (I didn't listen to it myself because I don't hate myself that much), Giddens made it sound like it's someone's who not currently living in town, which Cameron allegedly is.  Any other suspects you guys can think of?  I mean, is that a Holt or Ward out there that could fit the bill?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I suppose that could include any Sarah Webber kids. I think that Liz has dropped some hints about Sarah being married with kids over the past few years. Long lost Steven Lars's son? 

Olivia or Dante get stuck with some kid of a relative of theirs? 

Crap. Maybe they SORAS Brenda's son.

• Love 1

On one hand, I've always liked the idea of Sarah shipping off one of her kids to live with Liz, playing on the parallels to when Sarah and Liz were sent to Audrey.  On the other, a kid of Sarah's showing up and Cam still be eight off-screen would make me laugh bitterly.

Brenda's son is another good guess, though it'd be hard to tell the story without Brenda.  Who would the kid even live with?

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

On one hand, I've always liked the idea of Sarah shipping off one of her kids to live with Liz, playing on the parallels to when Sarah and Liz were sent to Audrey.  On the other, a kid of Sarah's showing up and Cam still be eight off-screen would make me laugh bitterly.

Brenda's son is another good guess, though it'd be hard to tell the story without Brenda.  Who would the kid even live with?

The Qs I guess? Ned could take him in.

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:58 AM, Oracle42 said:

He made Franco a contract character

Writers cannot do this. They do not have the authority to make a character contract. Sure, they can ask, I suppose-but does anyone really doubt that FRANK was the one behind keeping RoHo? I don't.

From what Jane Elliot said, it sounds to me like the advertisers run the show anyway. Whoever advertisers think appeals most to the target audience, that's who the bigwigs want. Why on earth anyone would think Sonny and Jason bring in viewers is beyond me. The days are long gone when you could point to any one character or couple and say they brought in viewers. The Nielsen viewers any shows have left are the die hards who are too lazy to change the channel, or who watch out of loyalty.  Ratings barely blip no matter who is on.
But the EP can tell the writers to write for certain people-JFP had to TELL Guza to write for Wally back in the day.  Jelly write for who they are told they have to write for. No, that's not excuse for the writing being bad. Just that the fact that for instance-Lucas isn't on-I don't blame THEM for that.

I can't see inside the brain of RC, so I have no idea if he liked writing for Franco or not.  I don't think his writing for Franco was any more of a snowjob than most characters have gotten who really needed it. If we can't excuse Franco's actions because of the brain tumor, we can't excuse Jason's because his head hit a tree. He knows enough to lie about his actions, therefore he knows they are wrong. Therefore, when he blew a person's brains out, he was culpable.

I find all three of them vile, along with Julian, Ava, etc. As far as I'm concerned-they and all their cheerleaders can DIAF. Yes, that kills off more than half the cast. IDEC. The one good thing you can say about the "newbies?" At least most of them don't fall all over themselves singing their praises.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, Oracle42 said:

But even Jason had only ever killed other mobsters. Until RC, the same was true of Sonny.

There was a police officer back in the day that harassed Robin because of her HIV status. He was there one day, gone the next, and it was heavily implied Jason had "taken care of" him offscreen, because the cop was never seen again. Sonny also shot Dante, who was not a mobster, and that wasn't RC, was it? Even during Guza's days, there were times Sonny told Jason "no witnesses", which to me means, kill anyone you have to kill. That's how I've always interpreted them as characters. Comes down to it, they are offing someone who gets in their way.

Is there a family everyone adores?  I can't think of one.

Ava suffering? Don't care, she's far past her shelf life and was ALWAYS pointless.

Going back a ways, Tom Baldwin (Lee's brother) maritally raped Audrey, which resulted in her son Tom. Other than that, I can't think of any, except Nikolas' retconned existence.

Yep-its why Tom and Scott called each other "cousin" even though Scott is no more a bio Baldwin than Tom is a bio Hardy.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

Given how soaps love to pair up kids whose parents hate each other, Brenda's son (Alec/x?) isn't an off-the-wall guess. I also think the "from a family everyone adores" is hilarious. There is no one like that on GH, not even from the characters' perspective, let alone the audience's. 

• Love 4

The "from a family everyone adores" made me think Quartermaines.  But do we really want to spend the summer hearing Carly screeching about how whoever that Q kid would be isn't good enough for her precious daughter?  Girl, please.

• Love 4

She's gonna screech that anyway. I want Joss to snap back: "Dad is the only decent man you've been with, Mom, so you can STFU." Heh.

The only thing I really don't want this story to be is some dumb star-crossed/forbidden love thing. It's never interesting, and it's so, so lazy. Which of course means that's what we'll get. I'd better get the FF finger limber.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She's gonna screech that anyway. I want Joss to snap back: "Dad is the only decent man you've been with, Mom, so you can STFU." Heh.

Yeah, I'm hoping this story at least nets us some Joss being snarky/bitchy to Carly.

• Love 4

#GH RT: Valentin takes Charlotte and runs.

Oh, how I hope this happens. Then the family court judge will look utterly incompetent for giving custody to a psychopathic murderer and a babynapper. Then they will look incompetent again if Lulu doesn't get full custody / Valentin isn't stripped of his parental rights after this.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Apparently, according to Jamey Giddens, Joss is getting a love interest "from a family everyone adores".  Now logically, this would be a SORASed Cameron, but this show certainly doesn't like being logical.  And supposedly (I didn't listen to it myself because I don't hate myself that much), Giddens made it sound like it's someone's who not currently living in town, which Cameron allegedly is.  Any other suspects you guys can think of?  I mean, is that a Holt or Ward out there that could fit the bill?

A Q kid?  Maybe they will do a secret other AJ son story.  They can write them as star crossed until the kid embraces the Corinthos values and believes his dad was a big fat fatty that fatted all over town and Sonny had to kill him because world peace and stuff.  

But it should be Cam.  Ugh.  What if it's Spencer?  I can't even imagine Nicholas Bechtel in a tween love story.  Or teen.  How old is this Joss anyway?  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Oh, how I hope this [Valentin takes Charlotte and runs] happens. Then the family court judge will look utterly incompetent for giving custody to a psychopathic murderer and a babynapper. Then they will look incompetent again if Lulu doesn't get full custody / Valentin isn't stripped of his parental rights after this.

Why would he if he's got the court on his side right now?  Unless he gets implicated in this chimera nonsense?

And meanwhile, I still wish ER's pregnancy break was Lulu taking Charlotte and running.  Then I'd get a break from Lulu's baby rabies AND Charlotte.