Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I've never thought Sonny and Carly were a good love match. Even if they were at one point, as time goes on, the constant redux of them just gets more desperate and nonsensical. What kind of woman puts up with a man who shot her in the head, and constantly puts her kids in danger? Then again, Laura made a life with Luke, who had a known mobster bent on revenge against him. She stayed with the man who raped her and subjected her first child with that man, to a life of assumed names and living on the run. It was accepted and cheered on because of their great wub. But in it's own way, it was every bit as dysfunctional as S&C's life.

So perhaps it's just something in the water? Because there seems to be no end of women in Port Charles making bad decisions about what men to spend their lives with. As much as I can't stand them though, I can understand why Luke and Laura had fans. I've never really understood that about S&C. Not even with SJB as Carly.

ETA, and I have to say it-why would anyone kill Carly? Unless it's of course, to break Sonny down.

Maybe it's Heather. Can she be the new mob boss and rub some folks out? Not that she needs any encouragement.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

And in Carly's case, she's been reduced to just Sonny's love interest and mother to his children.  When's the last time we saw her at the MetroCourt?

I'm sure the guests appreciate her not being around.  It reduces the odds someone will be barging into their room without warning. 

• Love 9

I've never thought Sonny and Carly were a good love match. Even if they were at one point, as time goes on, the constant redux of them just gets more desperate and nonsensical. What kind of woman puts up with a man who shot her in the head, and constantly puts her kids in danger? Then again, Laura made a life with Luke, who had a known mobster bent on revenge against him. She stayed with the man who raped her and subjected her first child with that man, to a life of assumed names and living on the run. It was accepted and cheered on because of their great wub. But in it's own way, it was every bit as dysfunctional as S&C's life.

So perhaps it's just something in the water? Because there seems to be no end of women in Port Charles making bad decisions about what men to spend their lives with. As much as I can't stand them though, I can understand why Luke and Laura had fans. I've never really understood that about S&C. Not even with SJB as Carly.

ETA, and I have to say it-why would anyone kill Carly? Unless it's of course, to break Sonny down.

Maybe it's Heather. Can she be the new mob boss and rub some folks out? Not that she needs any encouragement.

I'm gonna respond in the couples thread.

I'm sure the guests appreciate her not being around.  It reduces the odds someone will be barging into their room without warning. 

Oh, for sure.

And the employees must be having a ball, with Carly and Olivia both MIA.

I can see Kristina showing up before Alexis leaves—or even after Alexis leaves—because she can't stay on campus another second, and since she's already in PC, she attends the wedding. It's weird there haven't been any pictures of her released, but she's girl child. The important thing is that Michael is there. *gag*

• Love 3

I would just assume Sonny and Carly forgot to invite Kristina to the wedding.  It's not like either one of them can focus on more than one girlchild at a time.  And Avery is it.  She still has that fresh "we're keeping you from one of your biological parents" glow. 

• Love 17
Later, Bobbie notices something in Valerie. What is it she sees in her niece?

Does Bobbie have fetus-ray eyes or something?

I'd think that would be left to Olivia.  Maybe she could hallucinate Valerie holding a teeny tiny little version of her mother, who died, you know.  (And you just know that, if she is pregnant and carries to term, she's naming that baby after her mother).  

I'd think that would be left to Olivia.  Maybe she could hallucinate Valerie holding a teeny tiny little version of her mother, who died, you know.  (And you just know that, if she is pregnant and carries to term, she's naming that baby after her mother).  

What will she do if it's a boy though? If she names him Patrick does that mean Patrick Drake officially becomes a nonentity?

SOD Tidbits

Frank hints in SOD that the reveal is at the Lake wedding

previews, Very generic. More romance, more hospital, don't plan on bringing in a lot of newbies, like strong women, love Anna, excited to have Laura back, more on young ones(Kristina mentioned as one of them)

Oh and Frina will be integrated into the canvas

Me: good, good, good yup, nice, ten-four . . . NO JUST SEND THEM AWAY.

• Love 10

LMAO. They refuse to let go of Nina and Franco because of Stafford and RoHo. This has been Frank's problem from the get-go. Cares about actors more than the story.*

*Unless your name is Kimberly, apparently.

I can already see Liz bawling on Nik's shoulder.

• Love 2

UGH.  The problem isn't that they're "not integrated".  The problem is that he's a SERIAL KILLER and she's a jazz-handed nutbag.  Who besides the usual suspects who already talk to them (Kiki, Nathan, Dr. O, Scotty) are they gonna integrate them with?  Who the fuck would want to be their friends?

The spoilers next week are bad.  And look who's absolutely vanished - Lucas and Brad.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

So they're continuing Ron's HalloWedding tradition, eh? Liez will be dragged at her Barbie Dream House wedding. I'm picturing her crumpling to the floor in her dress - white as the driven snow, of course - repeating over and over 'It was OUR TIME!'

I might watch that.

• Love 3

UGH.  The problem isn't that they're "not integrated".  The problem is that he's a SERIAL KILLER and she's a jazz-handed nutbag.  Who besides the usual suspects who already talk to them (Kiki, Nathan, Dr. O, Scotty) are they gonna integrate them with?  Who the fuck would want to be their friends?

The spoilers next week are bad.  And look who's absolutely vanished - Lucas and Brad.

I just can't do the with the sonny show I have a feeling its going to get even worse.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 2

It would be nice to see the new writers decide not to impregnate an 18-to-34 year old single female right now. They still have Avery's custody issues to get thru if Ava gets out of jail plus the Liv & Julian spawn to fight over. That's quite enough baby stories to be telling. In fact, I would be perfectly happy if erbody just forgot about the whole damn thing honestly. Just never speak of it again. If they're setting up a possible Lulu/Dillon/Maxie thing with this stupid direct-to-video movie then move Val into Nathan's orbit. Or hell, Nik. I don't care who, the point is to just pretend we all hallucinated. Collectively.

• Love 2

Speaking of integrating characters, are they planning on doing that with Rebecca Budig?  The only person she talks to is Nikolas and, presumably, she's gonna want to get away from him when the Jake(son) secret comes out.

It would be nice to see the new writers decide not to impregnate an 18-to-34 year old single female right now.

Everybody needs to be out of commission for a while. And yes, I include the men, just in case they're planning daytime's first male pregnancy.

• Love 2

Speaking of integrating characters, are they planning on doing that with Rebecca Budig? The only person she talks to is Nikolas and, presumably, she's gonna want to get away from him when the Jake(son) secret comes out.

She is such a fail and it annoys me because it's Ron's fault and his stupid Hayden creation.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply I cared about Rebecca Budig (the character).  I just honestly don't get why she's still here, on contract, and what purpose she could possibly serve going forward, especially once the Jake(son) beans are spilled because she's been marooned on Spoon Island.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

SOD Tidbits

Frank hints in SOD that the reveal is at the Lake wedding

previews, Very generic. More romance, more hospital, don't plan on bringing in a lot of newbies, like strong women, love Anna, excited to have Laura back, more on young ones(Kristina mentioned as one of them)

Me: good, good, good yup, nice, ten-four . . . NO JUST SEND THEM AWAY.

So you are pimping a big disasterous wedding event in September and plan on pimping another disasterous wedding event in November. Great story telling there.

It would be something if the wedding were actual big lavious events vs being thrown together wit gray pain't aND a roll of gray duck tape. B&B sent twould actors to freaking Copenhagen to shoot honeymoon scenes. It looked abso-fucking-lutely beautiful.

• Love 3

If they really wanted to fuck with people they could say Hayden = Rebecca Shaw = Emily Quartermaine. Plastic surgery. That's probably way too much, though. And the personality is forever changed. And oh, eww, I forgot the Jake angle, never mind.

TC and Budig do have real chemistry, maybe the most he's had with a woman in a long time. It's the character and story that drags it down.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

If they really wanted to fuck with people they could say Hayden = Rebecca Shaw = Emily Quartermaine. Plastic surgery. That's probably way too much, though. And the personality is forever changed. And oh, eww, I forgot the Jake angle, never mind.

TC and Budig do have real chemistry, maybe the most he's had with a woman in a long time. It's the character and story that drags it down.

And you can tell Tyler and Budig like working together, so it sucks that the writing isn't there.

• Love 1

...he tried to have Rebecca Budig killed.  And he laughed about how she was a huge whore he took pleasure in banging.  I dunno if I/they could laugh that off if she was really Emily.

I do think she'll get a half-ass tie to someone.  "See, Rebecca Budig is a [blank]!  She's [blank's] daughter/niece/cousin!"

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

...he tried to have Rebecca Budig killed.  And he laughed about how she was a huge whore he took pleasure in banging.  I dunno if I/they could laugh that off if she was really Emily.

Well, hell, he didn't know! But I really don't care, it was a random idea. The problem with Hayden is the Hayden character.

• Love 1

Unlike GH, DOOL appears to be making a real investment in a new generational youth scene - a classic one, with kids with real reasons to be there

Yeah, that push on the next generation with the mass SORAS seems like a good idea.  GH could easily do the same aging up Emma, Cameron, Spencer, and Joss, which would give the parents something new to play too.

• Love 1

I completely agree with this:

Yeah, Ken Corday is that show's biggest fan and worst enemy. Any time it makes progress, he destroys it again. And he likes to only keep creative/production people he knows - most of whom are hacks. It's tragic, because DOOL can and should be on top of the world and it's come back so many times only to fall right back into the dirt.

Unlike GH, DOOL appears to be making a real investment in a new generational youth scene - a classic one, with kids with real reasons to be there - and at least some of their veteran couples. The question with Ken Corday is always how long any of that will last before he returns from the golf course.

I was actually really surprised that DOOL went to a teen/young adult scene before GH. GH seemed poised to go there with TJ, Molly, Rafe and [Felix's sister] and then nada.

I do think she'll get a half-ass tie to someone.  "See, Rebecca Budig is a [blank]!  She's [blank's] daughter/niece/cousin!"

Well hell, Nik didn't know she was (could have should have been) Emily. That wouldn't have to be laughed off. That could be the tragedy of it, or could be the thing that snaps Nik out of his Dark Cassidine streak.

Well, hell, he didn't know! But I really don't care, it was a random idea. The problem with Hayden is the Hayden character.

Yes! This!

Edited by General Days
  • Love 2

Honestly, the real reason I wouldn't want Rebecca Budig to be Emily because I don't want Nikolas to have any kind of win or happy ending coming out of this story.  I want him to go down and go down HARD.  No brain tumors, no "Helena made me do it!', no sympathy bangs from Liz, etc.

GH seemed poised to go there with TJ, Molly, Rafe and [Felix's sister] and then nada.

They couldn't launch Rafe as the new Hot White Boyfriend for Molly so they quickly lost interest.  And who gives a fuck about Felix's sister, making her the fourth spoke in that quad was dumb from the onset.

• Love 5

DOOL also just cast Vincent Irizzary. I'd have taken him on GH over all of Frank's Y&R gets combined. It'll be months before anyone sees him on screen, but still.

Wait..they have Wally and VI?

We get talking trees, Jazz hands and stutterbarking.

VI along with Debbie Morgan are Brad's adoptive parents on the show in my head.

• Love 4

I've said this before bt making everyone in the last decade releated to sonny was a big mistake.I mean even they actually brought on characters like anna donnelly or serena they would either get stuck with one of the corthinthos and at this point their better off offscreen lol.

• Love 1

They couldn't launch Rafe as the new Hot White Boyfriend for Molly so they quickly lost interest.  And who gives a fuck about Felix's sister, making her the fourth spoke in that quad was dumb from the onset.

I could have liked her if they had managed to keep the first actress.

• Love 2