Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Yes.

Oh and I don't think the"Bye, Bruce!" has anything to do with Jenner.

Didn't the kids tango last year?

If Ron had any hand in picking the name Bruce, and if it has a tie to anything, it'll be a tie to Jaws.  Spielberg called the mechanical shark Bruce. 

Jordan's life has been endangered for over a year now? Or does it just feel like this story never moves?

Yes to the first question, I think.  No to the second.  For a very plot-pointy writer, Ron has seemed to skip creating any plot points for Anna and Jordan's attempt to take down the mob. It's just rinse and repeat with them.

• Love 1

Are we surprised at Ron recycling the same old shit?

Nothing can top last years terrible NB. (And I don't mean that as a challenge)  I don't remember ONE redeeming performance. 

ETA: Now I am imagining some terrible scenarios.  Lucas/Brad/Felix act out a scene from Golden Girls.  Luke sings a duet with Fluke.   Jake and his harem dance to "Macho Man"

Edited by mybabyaidan

I don't remember ONE redeeming performance.

Actually I liked Player and um WK was really great and hawt I must say. And didn't Brad sing to Lucas?? Hmm maybe that was 2013? So NB is usually overall disappointing but some standouts can happen. 

The Brad autotune performance with the jumping around was one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen in my life, and I have come to like the couple since. I could not look directly at the screen during that number.

• Love 1

Ugh, I hope not. At least when it was sung to Sabrina, there was a genuine tragedy going on. (And I wanted Gabriel to be a tock, so no false sentiment here.) Spencer's situation doesn't compare at all. He really needs reality to coldcock him. I'm so sick of his whining and drama queen antics.

• Love 4

The Brad autotune performance with the jumping around was one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen in my life, and I have come to like the couple since. I could not look directly at the screen during that number.

At least it was accompanied by this:

tumblr_n5hg6e4tPz1sopfhpo1_400.gif

• Love 8

I don't think RC/FV remember who Mac Scorpio is. He's not related to Nina or Franco, after all.

That's the only good thing they've done. 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 1

Wasn't sure where to put this, but Jamey Giddens has a new BI out:

Unless you've been under a knee-length non-bifurcated skirt-type garment (Thank you, Wikipedia for the definition!), you've likely seen all the Twitter chatter about the shocking upcoming death of one popular soap character. What you might not realize, is two other integral characters are set to meet their maker on the same sudser.

Obviously the first is Duke, but who else is leaving? I don't see Ava being written out, and sadly Sonny is here to stay, as is Fluke. Wally Kurth is leaving for a contract role at Days. Would Cartini be so petty as to kill Ned? Sam/Jakeson/Patrick are safe.Maybe Jordan, but she's hardly integral.  And we couldn't get lucky enough to have it be Nina or Franco.

Thoughts?

Just saw a new Nurses Ball promo.....the rumors that Liz finds out Jake is Jason and keeps it to herself appear to be true. She is pleading with Nicolas to keep their secret.

Wow. That's gonna blow up in her face. Big time.

• Love 5

Just saw a new Nurses Ball promo.....the rumors that Liz finds out Jake is Jason and keeps it to herself appear to be true. She is pleading with Nicolas to keep their secret.

Woah. That...is not going to end well.

Is there a link to the promo? 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

Can't say I'm shocked.  Liz lying about that paternity test to keep Jason and Sam apart/Jason for herself got cut short by Steve Burton leaving.  Ron has finally fucking managed to circle back around.

• Love 8

I fucking knew it. I had a feeling they'd take her there again, just because. So fucking sad and ridiculous.

Yup. She will ALWAYS go under the bus for JaSam. This is why I NEVER wanted Jason/Liz. She will never win. She will be the one everyone hates and blames.

Why couldn't it have been Patrick!? Fucking for real.

• Love 9

Dumb question, but what would be her rationale for keeping it secret?

Because in the eyes of this regime Liz is little more than a luckless, needy, cosmically pathetic utility heroine. Until Lucky comes back, that is.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

But is Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos integral? 

YES. HE IS THE MOST INTEGRAL CHARACTER EVER :throws bar ware:

Frank V. needs to sit him down and ask him what he hasn't done on this show after 2 years that he'd like to do.

• Love 9

YES. HE IS THE MOST INTEGRAL CHARACTER EVER :throws bar ware:

Frank V. needs to sit him down and ask him what he hasn't done on this show after 2 years that he'd like to do.

"I'd like my character to find Robin, sir."

"You're fired."

• Love 12

Well damn. I know Liz is...Liz, but shit. 

• Love 3

I'm just curious...does anyone actually believe it's "in character" for Liz to keep this particular secret?

I may be alone in this, but I don't think it is at all.

I mean, at this point? Kinda. But it's because, like jsbt said, they don't give a shit about her character. They just throw her in whatever plot hole needs filling.* The Liz before 2012, no, I don't think she would do this. Ron pissing on this character began when she kept the Danny secret, which she would have never done.

*Sounds kinda dirty, I know.

• Love 10

This is waaaaay more than keeping that baby secret. She's basically saying a big "Fuck you" to Sam, Danny, Patrick, Robin, Emma, Carly, Monica, Michael.

It's like crazy stalker-esque. "He's mine and no one else can have him!!!!!!!!!!"

• Love 5

If it was just Sam? Maybe. I think if Jason didn't have a kid she could maybe rationalize it as keeping him out of the mob but he's Monica's only living child and I don't think she'd keep him away from his son. 

• Love 2

If it was just Sam? Maybe. I think if Jason didn't have a kid she could maybe rationalize it as keeping him out of the mob but he's Monica's only living child and I don't think she'd keep him away from his son.

But her only rationalization is that she wants to romantically be with him. On any other show, this character is evil. It's Kristen DiMera shit.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

Between this and if (as has been rumored) Valerie goes Lisa Niles on Dante/Lulu, we'll have two wimmins going obsessive/psycho over a man.  Because that's the only story for a female Ron knows how to write (other than them being pregnant and/or having their babies snatched, of course).

• Love 4

But her only rationalization is that she wants to romantically be with him. On any other show, this character is evil. It's Kristen DiMera shit.

I think it's her ability to throw Epic!Bitchface. It's hard to waste that kind of thing

• Love 1

I don't think anyone has ever been thrown under the bus for Sam. Other characters get thrown under the bus for the male lead (usually Jason sometimes Sonny or Patrick - unless they're in conflicts with Jason) and his partner du jour.

Sam slept with her mother's husband so Jason could have guilt free sex with Liz. Liz got shade for climbing 14 flights of stairs in a blackout. Lucky ended up with a drug addiction and an affair with Maxie. Jason was the only person who got away scot-free. 

• Love 9