Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: The Skinny

• Start Topic

On 3/24/2018 at 9:47 PM, 3girlsforus said:

To answer the question above about who we’d like to see on the couch....how about some of these people with disabilities not caused by gluttony. How about an amputee that runs marathons or a wheelchair athlete. They could talk to her about real challenges and what someone who doesn’t give up really looks like. 

Last year when i rode the MS 150, there was a guy that I was leap frogging with a lot over both days. At some point in the second day I lost track of him and didn't see him again until the finish line when his arrival was announced and he got thunderous applause.

Because he rode the whole thing, 150 miles over the course of two days on a hand cycle due to being paralyzed from the waist down.

That is a person who should be celebrated. He should be on TLC showing us a fabulous life.

As far as her behavior on The Skinny, well, it's typical Shitney. People on the Internet are mean and want her to die. No, Shitney, people on the Internet are pointing out that at your current weight and health status unless you make drastic changes immediately you are going to die soon and no amount of denial can save you. As far as her whining about people calling her worthless: if she was a 120 pound unemployed cat molesting unkempt mess who cannot ascend a flight of stairs or wash her body on a daily basis she would still be worthless. It's not about her weight. It's that she contributes exactly nothing to the world that makes her anything but a net drain on it. She doesn't volunteer. She doesn't work. She doesn't help her parents (they have to care for her) or do anything to better her own life much less anyone else's.

Glenn and Babs are going to have to front for a big fat fabulous casket for her big fat fabulous funeral.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, SouthernCross said:

And why is she hiding in her car?  It would never occur to me to go to the local park to gorge myself on food. Weird.

I am a recovering bulimic.  I had a LOT of parking lot time when I was living with my very health conscious boyfriend.  I could have given Whit a run for her money, I just didn't keep it down.  PLT was an honest moment in this show.

• Love 14
20 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I think Shaun looked fantastic! She has a lovely, slender figure and gorgeous skin. When she’s on a stage surrounded by the likes of Whitney, Buddy, and Ashley, I guess some people may lose the frame of reference for what healthy weight looks like. Our country is unfortunately starting to skew towards obese and for some that produces a weird reaction toward thin women in particular. (I’ve never seen anyone comment on Tal’s weight.) It happens to Maci on Teen Mom and Molly on Married at First Sight, too. 

She’s a useless host, but I can’t criticize a thing about Shaun’s physical appearance.

Yeah I don’t get it either.  Shaun looks great, I think she is gorgeous and I love that she has a more muscular figure than just being thin.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Swiss said:

I propose they rename this show for next season.  It should be called "My Big Fat Life." .dropping the word fabulous.  After watching this season, I fail to see where there is anything that even remotely resembles Whitney living a "Fabulous" life.   Let's hear some other suggestions for a new show title!!

Maybe all along they have meant “fabulous” as pertaining to fables. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Kvv9862 said:

Sorry for the long post in advance- Everyone on the show got to let everything out tonight, my turn. Alright, so I just started watching this show at the 5 (8)k episode. I’ve watched a few other episodes from past seasons to catch up a bit so I’m pretty familiar at this point. With that said, I’m pissed I just wasted an hour watching this stale, boring reunion show. I’m ready to put everyone on the show on blast with the exception of Babs and Glenn. They haven’t really done anything wrong, and Todd. He’s far and away the most entertaining and it’s quite evident he doesn’t like Whitney. He should have his own show. 

Whitney- Let’s just be honest, she’s a train wreck. You will never get anywhere in life playing the victim and Whitney’s a professional. No man, no job, no plan. Seems like everything she does is just an impulse decision that she always ends up regretting. Not even her dance class (btw, she can’t dance for shit. Rolling your fat, whipping your hair and bending over isn’t dancing.) is hers anymore. I cannot wait until the My Big Fat Fabulous Life/My 600 pound life crossover. Dr Now will put Whitney in her place and it’ll be glorious. When you have to call in your friend to rub lotion on your chafed thighs that you couldn’t reach with a tampon taped to a stick you may have to start rethinking your life. 

Buddy-Ever since he got clean its like he sees himself on this imaginary perch, peering down at everyone with his newfound wisdom. You’re 90 day removed from snorting cocaine off a bathroom sink in your friend basement on a Thursday at 3am. Get off your high horse. No idea what Heather sees in this bean bag built man child. 

Heather- Get that box shaped forehead over here. Is this heather-buddy relationship really the best storyline this season had to offer? Worry about your kids, worry about your career, worry about your life. Stop obsessing over that fat bum. It’s clear he doesn’t want you and it’s even clearer she’s so devoid of any confidence in herself whatsoever that she just can’t let go. When the man already confessed to have cheated on you while hiding a drug addiction behind your back and you still cry for him to take you back, is that setting a good example for your kids? I’m not sure how much more closure she needs. It’s over. 

Tal- This light bulb is the definition of a teachers pet. Whitney’s personal cheerleader. A top grade kiss ass. I hope he’s not actually serious about adopting a child with Whitney. She can barely take care of herself. In no way shape or form is she capable or responsible enough to care for a child. Tal may not realize it now but it’s a truly awful plan and I’m right there with Glenn trying to forbid them from ever having it happen. It’ll never work. 

Well that felt good. I’m probably done watching this show, judging by the title I thought it may be a show about this huge woman taking on her obesity and making the best of it while losing weight. Kinda like a my 600 pound life type show.  The 8k promo caught my attention because I thought it was part of her weight loss journey. That’s clearly not that case. I might check in next year just to see how much bigger Twit is. My guess is at least 45-60 pounds fatter. Peace out :)

giphy-downsized.gif

• Love 1
11 hours ago, fountain said:

Yeah I don’t get it either.  Shaun looks great, I think she is gorgeous and I love that she has a more muscular figure than just being thin.

Nearly 70% of American adults are either overweight or obese. The prevalence is so high that a minority of people we see every day are actually at a normal, healthy weight. The gradual shift in size means that we have adjusted to seeing it and now accept that as what a person "should" look like.

By comparison a person with a normal BMI, especially if it's in the mid to lower segment of the normal range, is going to look "too thin" to a lot of people. I have gotten the same thing, and my BMI is 22.7. People have called me skinny, anorexic, dangerously thin, unhealthy, told me to eat a burger or get a sandwich, said that I am a twig, told me that "men don't want a bag of bones, they want meat", called my dude a pedophile because I have the body of a "young boy", and tried to make me ashamed of my fitness. I am an endurance athlete, weight lifter, obstacle course racer, rock climber and hiker. None of which would be possible if I was overeating or undereating.

Many of those people are like Whitney - immersed in the whole HAES/FA/BOPO/NOBS mentality - and they are absolutely savage about what they say. So she sits up there and cries about the meanies on the Internet while encouraging her legion of followers to attack people like me who have the temerity to say "Whitney, your weight is not healthy. Your obesity is going to kill you."

• Love 15
On 3/27/2018 at 8:49 PM, ThinkerBell said:

Buddy's hot????

SO IS A STEAMING FRESH TURD

On 3/27/2018 at 8:46 PM, LordOfLotion said:

Is anyone else noticing how angry she looks talking about the 5k?

Good. I hope she CHOKES on her rage.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Glenn and Babs are going to have to front for a big fat fabulous casket for her big fat fabulous funeral.

Meh, they already did that a few seasons ago, when the pretense that Whitney gave a shit about her weight was still a storyline.  

• Love 8

I DVRed this , but after reading through all the posts I'm not sure I even want to bother watching it.  Talk about a show about nothing.   Are they seriously going to renew this for another season? From what I've seen this season was the worst one yet, if I have to hear about Heather and Buddy one more time I think I'll vomit.   Whit barely moves let alone "dances" anymore, what is there revolve a show around? Her eating herself into a coma?  That's not something I want to see or even snark about. 

• Love 4

Having not seen the episode either because of a social obligation, could someone please summarize what was said about a possible adoption and what the reaction was?  I didn't think from the original comments here that it came up, but then someone said Shaun asked for a show of hands and Todd lowered his, LOL.  Did everyone else have their hands up?  What did they say?  Thanks!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Brooks said:

Having not seen the episode either because of a social obligation, could someone please summarize what was said about a possible adoption and what the reaction was?  I didn't think from the original comments here that it came up, but then someone said Shaun asked for a show of hands and Todd lowered his, LOL.  Did everyone else have their hands up?  What did they say?  Thanks!

Ashley was the only one who raised her hand in support. Come to think of it I don’t even think Tal raised his hand. Basically no one thinks this is a good idea. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Ashley was the only one who raised her hand in support. Come to think of it I don’t even think Tal raised his hand. Basically no one thinks this is a good idea. 

Thanks!  If Tal didn't raise his hand that better mean there is no joint application in place!  And Todd's gesture that excess Todd sperm isn't floating around either.  I wonder whether TLC could consider the barnacles collective lack of support a good basis for renewing the show, LOL.  Maybe Ashley figured Twit would leave Harper alone if Twit had a mini-me to play with?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bugfrey Von said:

Meh, they already did that a few seasons ago, when the pretense that Whitney gave a shit about her weight was still a storyline.  

But she did snatch that enlarged photo of herself before leaving. I wonder what happened to it.

2 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Nearly 70% of American adults are either overweight or obese. The prevalence is so high that a minority of people we see every day are actually at a normal, healthy weight. The gradual shift in size means that we have adjusted to seeing it and now accept that as what a person "should" look like.

By comparison a person with a normal BMI, especially if it's in the mid to lower segment of the normal range, is going to look "too thin" to a lot of people. I have gotten the same thing, and my BMI is 22.7. People have called me skinny, anorexic, dangerously thin, unhealthy, told me to eat a burger or get a sandwich, said that I am a twig, told me that "men don't want a bag of bones, they want meat", called my dude a pedophile because I have the body of a "young boy", and tried to make me ashamed of my fitness. I am an endurance athlete, weight lifter, obstacle course racer, rock climber and hiker. None of which would be possible if I was overeating or undereating.

Many of those people are like Whitney - immersed in the whole HAES/FA/BOPO/NOBS mentality - and they are absolutely savage about what they say. So she sits up there and cries about the meanies on the Internet while encouraging her legion of followers to attack people like me who have the temerity to say "Whitney, your weight is not healthy. Your obesity is going to kill you."

You make some good points, sad, but good. Sorry you have to deal with so much shit about your healthy body weight/shape. 

I was told that the CDC is predicting that the current generation of kids will be the first to have a shorter life expectant largely due to obesity and related complication. How sad is that?

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, mybuddyspence said:

You make some good points, sad, but good. Sorry you have to deal with so much shit about your healthy body weight/shape. 

I was told that the CDC is predicting that the current generation of kids will be the first to have a shorter life expectant largely due to obesity and related complication. How sad is that?

Thankfully nobody can make you feel ashamed if you don't believe yourself that what you're doing is shameful. I'm proud of my body. I worked hard to earn it.

The CDC thing is sad, and another sad and frightening thing is what the health care for all these short lifespans is going to cost us. The obesity epidemic is a very serious problem facing the United States, and it's affecting us all. That is yet another part of why Whitney's whine about people who comment on her weight is bogus: her weight does affect the rest of us. Obesity costs the taxypayers loads of money.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Brooks said:

Thanks!  If Tal didn't raise his hand that better mean there is no joint application in place!  And Todd's gesture that excess Todd sperm isn't floating around either.  I wonder whether TLC could consider the barnacles collective lack of support a good basis for renewing the show, LOL.  Maybe Ashley figured Twit would leave Harper alone if Twit had a mini-me to play with?

I think Ashley raised her hand because in her mind that's what friends do. I think she believes the dreck that Whitney spews. She truly seemed sad for Whitney at the idea that the diet they were on worked for Ashley but not for Whitney. It didn't occur to her that it's because Whitney lies about what she eats. She probably also feels guilty that she was able to conceive when Whitney can't. I'm sure she believes it's all about the PCOS. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

Thankfully nobody can make you feel ashamed if you don't believe yourself that what you're doing is shameful. I'm proud of my body. I worked hard to earn it.

The CDC thing is sad, and another sad and frightening thing is what the health care for all these short lifespans is going to cost us. The obesity epidemic is a very serious problem facing the United States, and it's affecting us all. That is yet another part of why Whitney's whine about people who comment on her weight is bogus: her weight does affect the rest of us. Obesity costs the taxypayers loads of money.

The medical issues are already costing us. I am an OT and worked in acute care and was seeing increasingly more bariatric patients come in. Many became "frequent flyers", so to speak. It's so frustrating to see resources wasted on people who refuse to make lifestyle changes. I saw a young patient who just "couldn't understand" why they had to be admitted. They had a liter of Mountain Dew and a big bag of Cheetos on their bedside table. 

Bariatric equipment is more costly, more staff is needed to provide basic hygiene, and many times our patients had lousy attitude towards therapy. I had to interrupt one person who would not shut off his TV (he was watching a cooking show, BTW). They got pissy with me when I straight out asked them which was the bigger priority-tv or going home.

Meanwhile, there are people who struggle to afford basic care/meds. and just wish they could drop some weight to become more healthy. 

• Love 8
On 3/28/2018 at 2:18 AM, Barbara Please said:

I was snoozing a bit, but I LIVE for when the camera pans over to Todd. He's such a scamp! The cheeky smirk on his face right after they showed the clip of the Hawaiian Walk of Pain and Buddy proclaiming that Whit didn't actually finish was every thang!

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.07.26 PM.png

I absolutely CACKLED when I saw that. It was pure GOLD!!!

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:
On 3/27/2018 at 7:48 PM, 3girlsforus said:

She isn’t trying to lose weight. She says that specifically. 

I think only after this show is cancelled will she attempt to drop poundage. Her being obese is what is putting cash in her Piggly Wiggly account. She would not be anything if she was a normal size girl, well she isnt anything special now either, just a morbidly obese self obsessed 30 yr old something who thinks she is witty when in fact she is whineyt.  I wanted true journalism from whats her face, like the tough questions on how does she wipe her own ass, tie her shoes, and shave her legs....

But her being fabulous while she worked on her weight in a non-extreme manner was the original plot of the show. That's what they sold TLC on and until she finally said "fuck it" and quit trying at all. There's a way for her to be both. She doesn't have to be rail thin to be accepted but she also doesn't need to be on this path of self-destruction that will end up killing her. I do think admitting a few months ago on her Facebook was a bad move on her part because I think it's motivating this gym binge to keep TLC happy and paying.

• Love 4
On 3/28/2018 at 11:35 AM, Dot said:

He's the VP -- and probably a stakeholder -- in a printing company. (One of those old men who refuses to retire & let a younger person move up. I know, I know. Some of you hate it when I say that.)

I found this odd for someone his age - he has had 7 different positions in four separate companies in the past 15 years. For a breadwinner (because Babs obviously doesn't work) AND supporting Sweatney - and probably Hunter - that amount of job-hopping wasn't what I was expecting. The company changes don't seem to be upwardly mobile, either.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/glenn-thore-23902224

• Love 4
4 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Love your post! I agree 100%! I think it's scary how the obesity epidemic has warped a lot of people's perceptions about what is a normal weight. I remember seeing a My 600lb Life episode a few years ago where the teenage girl who was the subject of the episode (I forget her name) said that her mother preferred her sister because her sister was "skinny". So when she said this, in my head I was picturing a girl my size or thinner (I have a BMI of 19 which is at the lower segment of the healthy range). Then later in the episode the sister made an appearance and I was shocked to see that she wasn't skinny, or slim, but extremely overweight- definitely into the lower obese range! 

Really sorry to hear about the horrible comments people have made to you- I'm sure they are all jealous of your fitness and motivation! It's disgusting that anyone would shame a person for being fit, but it happens a lot unfortunately. I've had similar comments made towards me, not as severe as the things people said to you but comments suggesting I'm anorexic, underweight, etc. But I don't even have a thigh gap because my legs are muscular and I can do 39 burpees in a minute and have won loads of fitness challenges at the gym! I live in the UK and we also have an obesity epidemic as well as a growing Fat Acceptance movement, and there is definitely more fit shaming and skinny shaming here now than there used to be a couple of decades ago. A few weeks ago the charity Cancer Research UK had a billboard campaign here to raise awareness that being obese is the second biggest contributing factor, after smoking, to people getting cancer, and fat acceptance activists here went crazy and said that the posters were fat shaming. Their mentality is so fucked up, they want to ban cancer prevention health warnings that could save people's lives, just because their selfish egos get uncomfortable when they get reminded of the reality (which I'm sure they are aware of deep down) that they are killing themselves with their eating habits! 

Edited to add: Here's a link to a story about the Cancer Research campaign and backlash, in case anyone's interested. Sofie Hagen's logic is equally as deluded as Whitney's ("Society viewing fatness as a negative thing is a thing that kills more than the cancer that you MIGHT get due to MAYBE something to do with you POSSIBLY weighing more than a CERTAIN weight POSSIBLY MAYBE.") https://www.boredpanda.com/obesity-campaign-cancer-research-uk-reaction-sofie-hagen/

Edited by ZumbaTiger
Added link
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I DVRed this , but after reading through all the posts I'm not sure I even want to bother watching it.  Talk about a show about nothing.   Are they seriously going to renew this for another season? From what I've seen this season was the worst one yet, if I have to hear about Heather and Buddy one more time I think I'll vomit.   Whit barely moves let alone "dances" anymore, what is there revolve a show around? Her eating herself into a coma?  That's not something I want to see or even snark about. 

Say “Hi” to your dad George for me :)

• Love 4
17 hours ago, cherenkov said:

When that huge man on Guam died, there wasn't a casket big enough, so his body was laid on the bier, just covered by a shroud.

2 hours ago, Brooks said:

Thanks!  If Tal didn't raise his hand that better mean there is no joint application in place! 

Tal must have thought of being tied together with her for 18 years, at least. 

1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

I found this odd for someone his age - he has had 7 different positions in four separate companies in the past 15 years. For a breadwinner (because Babs obviously doesn't work) AND supporting Sweatney - and probably Hunter - that amount of job-hopping wasn't what I was expecting. The company changes don't seem to be upwardly mobile, either.

This was very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Glenn also is now commuting an hour+ each way to work. Some of the job-hopping is possibly attributable to companies going out of biz; in this electronics age, print shops are an endangered species. Also, Glenn apparently has a special talent in color production printing, so maybe he's gotten offers he couldn't refuse. Still, 4 companies in 15 years at his age . . .

Maybe he & Babs aren't as comfortable financially as we've thought. Maybe this explains why he appears in MBFFL. Maybe that's why he's still working at age 72. He needs the money.

• Love 8

Maybe he & Babs aren't as comfortable financially as we've thought.

That certainly would explain why he hadn't taken Babs to Hawaii until now. From the looks of it he is semi-supporting both Hunter and Whitney.

Did anyone catch Whitney mentioning that a year from now she and Tal might be married and with a child? Sorry, I'm not rewatching The Skinny to see if there is a reaction shot from Tal. The topless photo of the two of them skeeves me out especially since she might be thinking of that possibility. It would be good fodder for another season though - right up until the end when they inevitably cancel.

Also, couldn't help but notice the death stares. All except Buddy. When they played the clip of him saying that she probably hadn't finished the race with two people helping her to the finish line she actually agreed. I tell ya, she still has got feelings for him.

• Love 6
On 3/28/2018 at 12:56 AM, rainbowrockgal said:

No there was a photo on SM showing baby daddy, not Avi, a nice looking black man who obviously wants nothing to do with this shit storm of a show.

Smart guy.  I wonder if there's a separate check for the baby, a la Teen Mom?

2 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

I've been thinking a lot about what kind of home environment would produce Whitney and Hunter--a morbidly obese narcissist and a drug addict.  I wonder if Glen has his own instability that we haven't yet seen on TV.  Maybe he really hates conflict, which is why he acquiesces to his wife and kids so often, resulting in him switching jobs often for the same reason?  

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, polandspring said:

Smart guy.  I wonder if there's a separate check for the baby, a la Teen Mom?

I've been thinking a lot about what kind of home environment would produce Whitney and Hunter--a morbidly obese narcissist and a drug addict.  I wonder if Glen has his own instability that we haven't yet seen on TV.  Maybe he really hates conflict, which is why he acquiesces to his wife and kids so often, resulting in him switching jobs often for the same reason?  

Hunter is a drug addict?  When was this brought up?

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, polandspring said:

He also seems to be controlling, which is something that Sweatney said as well in a Big Fat Extra, and also evidenced with those binders. Or maybe he's just terribly OCD (with a touch of controlling).

You definitely cannot blame parents for all bad kids out there, but Glenn and Babs really seem to have enabled all of Sweatney's worst traits. But seeing him job-hopping so much in his mid-to-late 60s is kinda telling.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ZumbaTiger said:

being obese is the second biggest contributing factor, after smoking, to people getting cancer

She obese *and* she smokes.  But all she's worried about is diabetes, a treatable and reversible condition. 

• Love 4

I also think it is sad that Glenn had to bribe this 33 year old with the option of bringing friends to do the 5 or 8K - and when she first got there all she wanted to do was sleep ? WTF you are on a beautiful amazing island and you are gonna hole up in your hotel room ? She is just a moron

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

Hunter is a drug addict?  When was this brought up?

Yeah, I don't recall ever hearing this, either.

But Hunter is definitely no more settled than Twit is. He calls himself an actor & musician, but seems to spend a lot of time in Greensboro living off his parents.

• Love 4

When polandspring mentioned about Hunter being a drug addict, I assume he was mixing up Buddy and Hunter.

With the half-eaten cookie, there is absolutely no way that she was going to throw it away later..,it was half-eaten because the day was not over, let alone her after-9PM feeding frenzy.

Although those of us on this forum are genuine when we talk about how Whitney's poor eating and exercise habits could lead to her death, I have absolutely no doubt that there ARE people on SM who tell her those horrible things about how she should kill herself.  The problem is that she has once again set up a strawman that the people who comment negatively on her weight are saying these awful things versus the people who are NoBS/HAES and are kind/supportive, so that her view appears more sympathetic by contrast.  Conveniently, she completely leaves out the middle ground of people like us who comment on her weight and DON'T think she should kill herself, and in fact, wish that she would do what's needed so that she doesn't end up inadvertently killing herself.

And there was speculation earlier in the thread about how Whitney wants a relationship with Buddy but that he doesn't feel the same way, and whether he ever would want something with her....if I am remembering correctly, Buddy and Whitney have hooked up one or two times over the years.  And either this season or last, he described her as a "freak between the sheets".  I don't think he wants anything to do with her physically in the future, but I'm pretty sure it happened in the past. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Brooks said:

She obese *and* she smokes.  But all she's worried about is diabetes, a treatable and reversible condition. 

Great point! Other people had brought up Whitney's smoking in the recent threads and I'd been meaning to comment on it earlier but I forgot.

Personally I see the way Whitney hides her smoking habit as just more proof of what a dishonest person she is. Someone else here mentioned that Whitney claimed she stopped smoking but then started again when she was dating Lennie because Lennie smoked too... but wasn't Lennie Alehat exposed on an older thread here as not being a real person, but a character played by an actor named Nathaniel Lee, and him being Whitney's boyfriend was a completely fake storyline?! Which leads me to believe Whitney most likely never quit smoking (and what's more, she made an excuse for "starting again" by blaming another person for influencing her- nothing is ever Whitney's fault according to Whitney!)

I believe Whitney purposely conceals her smoking (the comedian who was on the show last season claimed she smoked a packet every day) to give her fans the impression that apart from being obese, she is "healthy" and a good role model. So often her fans forget that Whitney smokes at all- several of them posted hateful comments on the comedian's Instagram page blasting the comedian for being a smoker, as if smoking makes a person evil, yet forgetting the fact that their heroine Whitney smokes just as much if not more (and judging by Whitney's complexion plus the dry wheezy way she laughs sometimes- not the loud braying but the hoarse laugh she sometimes does-I think she probably does smoke a lot)!

For the record, I personally don't think that a person being fat or smoking or having any other unhealthy habit makes them a bad person, but obviously when I care about someone, I hope that they try to lose weight or stop smoking. And I have respect for people who acknowledge that they have an addiction and are doing their best to do something about it. What disgusts me is when people like Whitney lie about their habits, try to give the impression they are healthier than they are, and deceive impressionable young girls into thinking that you can be obese and healthy. I think the fat acceptance movement is just as bad as the 'thinspo' mentality that glamourises being underweight and eating disorders.

Edited by ZumbaTiger
Spelling
  • Love 8

I finally watched this episode .The most interesting clip happened in the first 3 min & went by very fast. It's when TFM & the 2 healthy backup women were doing some kind of dance move that looked like a dying trout flopping on the beach. There they were, on the floor flopping, and wheeerrre's Twit? Off to the side, standing up, waving her arms. What could be more telling about how likely is a "dance career" for her?

Also interesting: after 4 years of hearing the phrase, "dance career," numerous times in every episode, there was no mention whatsoever in S-5 except Tal's one mention on the drive to IN to pick Twit up.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Yeah, I don't recall ever hearing this, either.

But Hunter is definitely no more settled than Twit is. He calls himself an actor & musician, but seems to spend a lot of time in Greensboro living off his parents.

I thought up until this past season, Hunter didn't live in Greensboro, now it seems he moved back in with Babs & Glenn, more likely for a piece of the MBFFL pie. I don't think for a minute that Buddy is into Whitney, however, I think Whitney still is into him. Season 1 I could have sworn she said they hooked up or something like that.  

She loves being the center of attention, whether positive or negative so that she can have her family and friends tote on how wonderful of a person she is.. please, they are only there for the check and the cruise/trips.. 

• Love 3

I could have sworn she said they hooked up or something like that.  

Aside from her saying that Buddy was the man she once loved (while in the hottub with Lennie), telling him she loved him (on numerous occasions), asking him if he would be "jelly" if she dated someone else, referring to him as her "ex-boyfriend" (when he started dating Heather) and coyly stating that they might have "crossed the Fleshhold" I doubt that they actually had a physical relationship. I speculate that it might have been a one time drunken hookup that she has magnified to have been more meaningful than it was.

Edited by Me from ME
spleling
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, polandspring said:
6 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Actually, it may not be job hopping. In looking at the jobs and checking, it's possible that the different companies are just the result of various mergers and buyouts over time. For example, Hutchison Allgood was bought by Graphic Visual Solutions. One of my Dad's friends has a LinkedIn that looks similar. Also, at Millennium Print Group, he's listed as the Executive Vice President and General Manager, which would be a big step up and I can see why he would have jumped ship even if it was further away. I also suspect that he's not the most tech savvy and may not have listed his jobs fully. I don't see him as being that horrible just from his LinkedIn profile.

• Love 10

You guys are nitpicking Glenn's resume way too hard. From the looks of it, it seems that he has only four positions in the last 15 years. He has his VP & General Manager position for the same company listed four times. He probably is just not tech savvy and didn't delete the duplicate listings. I don't understand how people can speculate that he has problems dealing with conflict from looking at his resume. Plus, his company could have been bought out. 

I think Glenn and Babs seem are fairly average upper middle class American parents. It's not a hard concept to me that average parents can have shitty kids and vice versa.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

And there was speculation earlier in the thread about how Whitney wants a relationship with Buddy but that he doesn't feel the same way, and whether he ever would want something with her....if I am remembering correctly, Buddy and Whitney have hooked up one or two times over the years.  And either this season or last, he described her as a "freak between the sheets".  I don't think he wants anything to do with her physically in the future, but I'm pretty sure it happened in the past. 

She has flipped back and forth with coyly hinting that they have a past vs. telling us they never "crossed the flesh-hold" and I don't believe they ever dcid anything.  When Buddy called her a freak between the sheets he was probably quoting her from her book :)

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Wasn't it Heather and not Ashley that was the only yes adoption vote ?? 

Yes Heather said yes and I think Ashley said maybe or she was open....I think Ashley was being nice Heather considering her analysis of certain situation might actually believe it.

18 hours ago, Dot said:

This was very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Glenn also is now commuting an hour+ each way to work. Some of the job-hopping is possibly attributable to companies going out of biz; in this electronics age, print shops are an endangered species. Also, Glenn apparently has a special talent in color production printing, so maybe he's gotten offers he couldn't refuse. Still, 4 companies in 15 years at his age . . .

Maybe he & Babs aren't as comfortable financially as we've thought. Maybe this explains why he appears in MBFFL. Maybe that's why he's still working at age 72. He needs the money.

FWIW, there might be an explanation.  I know people who go from job to job in their later years because they are experts in their fields and contract with companies for a year or two as a consultant.  When that contract is up, they move to another consultant position somewhere else.

Edit: I missed MegD's post when I wrote this.  Yes, that too!

Actually, it may not be job hopping. In looking at the jobs and checking, it's possible that the different companies are just the result of various mergers and buyouts over time

Edited by cynicat
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Aside from her saying that Buddy was the man she once loved (while in the hottub with Lennie), telling him she loved him (on numerous occasions), asking him if he would be "jelly" if she dated someone else, referring to him as her "ex-boyfriend" (when he started dating Heather) and coyly stating that they might have "crossed the Fleshhold" I doubt that they actually had a physical relationship. I speculate that it might have been a one time drunken hookup that she has magnified to have been more meaningful than it was.

I hate when she says that.  She' so immature.

• Love 8