Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: The Skinny

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, John M said:

Whitney lies about what she eats! She is an addict! My god this very show caught her hiding in her car eating cookies and ice cream.

Buddy is fat, he is not disabled by obesity.

And he does not claim to be fabulous

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, John M said:

Whitney lies about what she eats! She is an addict! My god this very show caught her hiding in her car eating cookies and ice cream.

Someone PLEASE remind me what episode this is from ?  I've been watching this since the beginning (I think?) but have no memory of it.  I need to see this.  

• Love 2

Maybe this has already been covered, but Whitney looked significantly larger tonight.

Was it the dress?   It looked to me like at least a 50 lb. gain, if not more.

I loved when whatshername was talking about their dual diet.  I wanted to add that she probably wasn't eating floorboard food and snacks?  

Or instead of running/walking a 5K, she is eating 5KFC.

• Love 16

Whit please tell me more how you aren't thinking of men or love while you throw yourself at the dancers in Hawaii and Buddy is a liar doesn't he have a GF in Charleston?

OMG Heather let it go. Buddy is trying to be nice but he is clearly not interested. you would think someone died by the way she is acting, talk about arrested development.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 9
57 minutes ago, Haleybug said:

Someone PLEASE remind me what episode this is from ?  I've been watching this since the beginning (I think?) but have no memory of it.  I need to see this.  

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Dot said:

I don't recall the episode but I remember feeling badly for her, I think this is the most honest portrait of Whitney. An obese woman with a food addiction who is depressed and in need of help. Instead she hides behind sycophants  like most addicts who are in denial.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I don't recall the episode but I remember feeling badly for her, I think this is the most honest portrait of Whitney. An obese woman with a food addiction who is depressed and in need of help. Instead she hides behind sycophants  like most addicts who are in denial.

It was sometime late in season 3.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ThinkerBell said:

A moment of silence for poor Alastair the Pig would be a lot more interesting than this nonsense. Ugh, these people!

Right?  Shaun started by "What a season YOU'VE had!"  Meanwhile Ashley's had a baby, Buddy's gone through rehab, and Babs has recovered from a stroke and lost her pig :)

1 hour ago, Snarkastikate said:

Oh Ashley you fool,  the reason Whitney didn't  lose weight on the diet you were burg supposedly on and you did is because she was NOT eating what you did.... she was lying.  Don't make excuses for your meal ticket friend.  

Yeah wasn't that when she supposedly lost 100 lbs?  At half a pound per week it would have taken her 4 years!

36 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

OMG Heather let it go. Buddy is trying to be nice but he is clearly not interested. you would think someone died by the way she is acting, talk about arrested development.

He's trying to dump her on national tv as politely as he can - free Buddy!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

This. As someone who is currently battling a major addiction to candy/sweets and trying to get my weight under control - this definitely seems like one of her most raw moments (if not her only raw moment) that I can definitely empathize with.  We probably wouldn't be here if she finally admitted to herself what is really going on.  Wait- who am I kidding?  We'd still be here.  :P

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Donut Bear said:

These people are all so fabulous and have such fun things in their lives and are so clever and wonderful.

Yes.  When I saw them all together, I wondered who, if any of them, have real jobs.
It's like a last gathering of the senior class, before they start college or jobs. 
Except that they're about 15 years too old for that.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

"It wasn't that fast" b$tch after 5 months you were talking conversion and marriage 

Right? You were making long term life plans with this guy that you clearly didn't even know very well, you reek of pathetic desperation. 

• Love 6

I think Shaun looked fantastic! She has a lovely, slender figure and gorgeous skin. When she’s on a stage surrounded by the likes of Whitney, Buddy, and Ashley, I guess some people may lose the frame of reference for what healthy weight looks like. Our country is unfortunately starting to skew towards obese and for some that produces a weird reaction toward thin women in particular. (I’ve never seen anyone comment on Tal’s weight.) It happens to Maci on Teen Mom and Molly on Married at First Sight, too. 

She’s a useless host, but I can’t criticize a thing about Shaun’s physical appearance.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, MrsClaus said:

Like I just said to my daughter, it's not that internet trolls WANT her to kill herself.  They are saying she IS killing herself by what she's doing to herself.

Had Shaun gone to Whitney's FB page, she'd have seen that she considers it an insult if anyone suggests that she's hurting her health by her weight.
I'm trying to think of a good host, but I don't watch many talk shows, except an occasional Ellen or Steve Harvey.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, John M said:

I just keep thinking how horrible it must be for Glenn to be listening to her daughter who can barely walk and that has been provided her own couch for seating whine about gender weight bises and aesthetic standards.

Gurl we get it, it sucks for fat women, the standards are unfair but you need to be more worried about being dragged out of your house on a tarp by the fire department than if people on the internet think you are sexy, that's what dad is worried about.

There are not enough likes for this post.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Donut Bear said:

I don't think Whitney has said 10 words in this show.  Must kill her that the focus is mostly not on her.  

And I'm finding it a lot more boring, because Whit's reactions and complaints are usually the best part of the Skinny shows.

2 hours ago, AliM said:

Good bye Whitty!  Good bye folks.  Maybe next year we can resume the laughter.

Do you watch 600 Lb Life?  It's still got a couple of episodes to go, and is on tomorrow night.

• Love 3

I love how Ashley "goes on the record" and talks about how when Sweatney comes back from Korea, and they went on the same. exact. diet. And Sweatney worked out "like, 5 times more" than Ashley. And the weight FELL OFF of Ashley, but NONE came off of Sweatney. Ashley would lose 3lbs a week, and Sweatney would lose, like, maybe a half pound per week. So it's not Sweatney, HONEST TO GOD, but it's how much everyone is different! So poor Sweatney.

HEY, ASHLEY, I HAVE SOME SWAMPLAND THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SELL TO YOU. AND A BRIDGE IN BROOKLYN. My god.

• Love 22
Just now, lightninggirl said:

I love how Ashley "goes on the record" and talks about how when Sweatney comes back from Korea, and they went on the same. exact. diet. And Sweatney worked out "like, 5 times more" than Ashley. And the weight FELL OFF of Ashley, but NONE came off of Sweatney. Ashley would lose 3lbs a week, and Sweatney would lose, like, maybe a half pound per week. So it's not Sweatney, HONEST TO GOD, but it's how much everyone is different! So poor Sweatney.

HEY, ASHLEY, I HAVE SOME SWAMPLAND THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SELL TO YOU. AND A BRIDGE IN BROOKLYN. My god.

Ashley, it's because she cheats on her diet and sneak eats.

Sweatney, you so didn't get filmed eating this season. Yes the food was there but we never saw anything like the cake-gasm.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, John M said:

The ice cream thing was something different, I couldn't find a clip but it was Whit in her car shoveling ice cream into her face crying "I'm just so hungry!"

You're right -- I, too, realized that & thought I hadn't saved my reply. (Wrong, obviously.)

The ice cream eating bit was in S-1 or S-2  when Buddy went off to find her because he knew she was unhappy about something. It was a very short scene & probably hard to find.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh poor niave Ashley, you lost more weight because Whit was binge eating in her car. We saw as much when Will caught her. For someone who doesn't care she sure seems concerned about how she looks eating on TV.

But....but....we're not giving her enough credit for only eating HALF of the giant pizza-sized cookie from her floorboard!  Waaaaaah!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Haleybug said:

1 hour ago, John M said:

The ice cream thing was something different, I couldn't find a clip but it was Whit in her car shoveling ice cream into her face crying "I'm just so hungry!"

18 minutes ago, Dot said:

You're right -- I, too, realized that & thought I hadn't saved my reply. (Wrong, obviously.)

The ice cream eating bit was in S-1 or S-2  when Buddy went off to find her because he knew she was unhappy about something. It was a very short scene & probably hard to find.

Are you giving me a challenge, Dot? :)

Whitney chowing down on a tub of ice cream after having a fight with Buddy was in Episode 10 of Season 2.  She gets upset and goes to her car for what she calls "parking lot time" where she can be alone and calm down. This, of course, includes food. Buddy goes after her and finds her, along with what looks like a half gallon container of ice cream and a spoon. There's a little bit of this scene in a summary of season 2 video - it comes at the very end of the video and is only about a minute long.

• Love 8

It turns out finding the eating-tub-of-ice-cream segment wasn't so hard to find after all. It begins at minute 3.

'

3 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Are you giving me a challenge, Dot? :)

Whitney chowing down on a tub of ice cream after having a fight with Buddy was in Episode 10 of Season 2.  She gets upset and goes to her car for what she calls "parking lot time" where she can be alone and calm down. This, of course, includes food. Buddy goes after her and finds her, along with what looks like a half gallon container of ice cream and a spoon. There's a little bit of this scene in a summary of season 2 video - it comes at the very end of the video and is only about a minute long.

Whoa! You & I were posting the same shit at exactly the same time! Great minds . . .

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

4. To all of you, except Buddy, what part of "I'm in recovery and can't deal with a relationship right now" don't you fucktards understand?

Not to mention Buddy talking about how much work the relationship was and Heather mentioning how much she nagged. And apparently Heather didn't notice his raging substance abuse problems and also that a 30 year old alcoholic drug addict bartender might not be the best person to help raise your children?

This is not how relationships are supposed to work in your 30s, it's really weird how everyone involved but Buddy seems to be romanticizing what was clearly a highly dysfunctional relationship at best.

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

And now the story is she wanted to go on tour with the Fitness Marshall because she's "always wanted" to be a dance professional?  Bitch, you've been calling yourself a professional dancer for as long as this show's been on!

When I saw that clip, he was do something very athletic, and she was doing her usual Whitney shuffle w/arms.  How could she have lasted with him?
And I forgot to check for shoes.  
I'll to go back and ff'd to any foot shots.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, auntjess said:

When I saw that clip, he was do something very athletic, and she was doing her usual Whitney shuffle w/arms.  How could she have lasted with him?
And I forgot to check for shoes.  
I'll to go back and ff'd to any foot shots.

She was wearing black flats/shoes. No flip flops for once!

12 minutes ago, WillowG said:

Looks like Avi  is Ashley's baby dada.

No there was a photo on SM showing baby daddy, not Avi, a nice looking black man who obviously wants nothing to do with this shit storm of a show.

• Love 5

Anyone who has dipped their big toe into social media gets attacked at some point. Fat or thin. Nice or bitchy. Whitney sets herself up for it by being on this show, and acting like a spoiled ungrateful petty lil brat. She need some freakin humble pie. Well, maybe not pie, but you know what I mean. I actually didn't mind Whitney when she first came on the scene. I was rooting for to get to a place of health AND acceptance. With all her body positive talk, she's deeply insecure, and unhappy. She cries every episode, and now she's blubbering again on The Skinny.  By the way, how fucked up is the name for show, "The Skinny"  Is Bethenny Frankel the executive producer or something? 

I was snoozing a bit, but I LIVE for when the camera pans over to Todd. He's such a scamp! The cheeky smirk on his face right after they showed the clip of the Hawaiian Walk of Pain and Buddy proclaiming that Whit didn't actually finish was every thang!

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.07.26 PM.png

• Love 14

“I never had pain until I was fat but so what?” What a ridiculous thing to say. Along with, “Buddy’s fat so if he can eat a piece of pizza, I can, too.” What??!

She is NEVER going to lose weight. 

And Ashley, I am confident that Whitney cheated on your joint diet. You may have been living together but addicts have their ways of getting and hiding their stashes. Quit enabling her staying unhealthy!

5 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Or instead of running/walking a 5K, she is eating 5KFC.

Hahahahahaha!!!!

• Love 10
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

Had Shaun gone to Whitney's FB page, she'd have seen that she considers it an insult if anyone suggests that she's hurting her health by her weight.
I'm trying to think of a good host, but I don't watch many talk shows, except an occasional Ellen or Steve Harvey.

Keith Morrison. He does great skepticism. 

But seriously, I am certain these hosts are required to keep it fluffy. Last week I watched Andrea Canning lob softballs at Kody Brown & Co., and yet she has no trouble calling bullshit on murderers right to their faces on “Dateline.”

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 3

Buddy saying that he and Heather are not getting back together. For now. See, it's the For Now that keeps Heather's hopes up. I think Buddy's craptastic ego enjoys stringing Heather along just a lil' bit. 

And why has he not gotten a job in 6 mos? 

I can't stand him. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Someone seriously needs to broadcast the show "Secret Eaters" 24/7 nationwide. So many people claim they eat "the same as their skinny friend/healthy/normal" but have no idea why they can't lose weight. It's because it's so easy to lose track of what you eat and not realize it all adds up. You never see 100% of what your friend eats.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, auntjess said:

Yes.  When I saw them all together, I wondered who, if any of them, have real jobs.

Whitney: I don’t think she does anything other than BGDC and the show. 

Buddy: No. Said on the Tell All that he hasn’t worked in 6 months. 

Heather: Yes. I follow her on Instagram and she posts some work-related stuff. She has some sort of writing/editing job. She does a couple things on the side too, like Shipt.

Ashley: Yes. She mentioned on Instagram how hard it was to leave her baby to go back to work and posts some work photos. I think it’s a customer service role for a utility or phone company  

Tal: Yes. He said he’s a counselor in the addiction/recovery field. 

Todd: No idea. 

Glenn: Yes though I can’t remember what he does for a living. 

Babs: No, I think she’s been a stay at home mom since she had kids. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

"It wasn't that fast" b$tch after 5 months you were talking conversion and marriage 

She switches interests like most people change underwear. Thank goodness THAT never happened (probably was staged anyways).

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Kvv9862 said:

Sorry for the long post in advance- Everyone on the show got to let everything out tonight, my turn. Alright, so I just started watching this show at the 5 (8)k episode. I’ve watched a few other episodes from past seasons to catch up a bit so I’m pretty familiar at this point. With that said, I’m pissed I just wasted an hour watching this stale, boring reunion show. I’m ready to put everyone on the show on blast with the exception of Babs and Glenn. They haven’t really done anything wrong, and Todd. He’s far and away the most entertaining and it’s quite evident he doesn’t like Whitney. He should have his own show. 

Whitney- Let’s just be honest, she’s a train wreck. You will never get anywhere in life playing the victim and Whitney’s a professional. No man, no job, no plan. Seems like everything she does is just an impulse decision that she always ends up regretting. Not even her dance class (btw, she can’t dance for shit. Rolling your fat, whipping your hair and bending over isn’t dancing.) is hers anymore. I cannot wait until the My Big Fat Fabulous Life/My 600 pound life crossover. Dr Now will put Whitney in her place and it’ll be glorious. When you have to call in your friend to rub lotion on your chafed thighs that you couldn’t reach with a tampon taped to a stick you may have to start rethinking your life. 

Buddy-Ever since he got clean its like he sees himself on this imaginary perch, peering down at everyone with his newfound wisdom. You’re 90 day removed from snorting cocaine off a bathroom sink in your friend basement on a Thursday at 3am. Get off your high horse. No idea what Heather sees in this bean bag built man child. 

Heather- Get that box shaped forehead over here. Is this heather-buddy relationship really the best storyline this season had to offer? Worry about your kids, worry about your career, worry about your life. Stop obsessing over that fat bum. It’s clear he doesn’t want you and it’s even clearer she’s so devoid of any confidence in herself whatsoever that she just can’t let go. When the man already confessed to have cheated on you while hiding a drug addiction behind your back and you still cry for him to take you back, is that setting a good example for your kids? I’m not sure how much more closure she needs. It’s over. 

Tal- This light bulb is the definition of a teachers pet. Whitney’s personal cheerleader. A top grade kiss ass. I hope he’s not actually serious about adopting a child with Whitney. She can barely take care of herself. In no way shape or form is she capable or responsible enough to care for a child. Tal may not realize it now but it’s a truly awful plan and I’m right there with Glenn trying to forbid them from ever having it happen. It’ll never work. 

Well that felt good. I’m probably done watching this show, judging by the title I thought it may be a show about this huge woman taking on her obesity and making the best of it while losing weight. Kinda like a my 600 pound life type show.  The 8k promo caught my attention because I thought it was part of her weight loss journey. That’s clearly not that case. I might check in next year just to see how much bigger Twit is. My guess is at least 45-60 pounds fatter. Peace out :)

"Taps seat next to her on bus to hell" welcome! Have a seat and stay a while!

• Love 3