Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: The Skinny

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, PityFree said:

UGG I know I don’t want to see Shaun Robinson.

Too bad Soledad O'Brian is too good for this shit show. She was a great interviewer for the 60 Days In reunion. 

All Shaun can offer is a wide eyed "WOW".

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I don't know that I can watch this. I am seriously still po'd about the way that Shaun and the cast treated the comedienne when she was on there. They ganged up on her and bullied her and Whitney encouraged it to continue online. I actually wrote the network over it. 

Yes, I hold grudges. 

Yet another reason I quit watching. She loves shaming and bullying others but can't take the heat herself. Whitney is a hypocrite and I absolutely loather her for it. 

• Love 21

I notice in the preview for this episode that Twit is wearing one of Torrid's huge blossoms pattern dresses.

Doesn't she realize she looks more like a sofa than the one she is sitting on?

And her blubbering about how people want to see her dead? Please. Get out of the celebrity spotlight if you can't handle the psycho nuts that come along with it.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Dot said:

I notice in the preview for this episode that Twit is wearing one of Torrid's huge blossoms pattern dresses.

Doesn't she realize she looks more like a sofa than the one she is sitting on?

And her blubbering about how people want to see her dead? Please. Get out of the celebrity spotlight if you can't handle the psycho nuts that come along with it.

I don’t think she’s talking about psycho nuts. I think she’s talking about people on the internet like this forum. She thinks any criticism means ‘fat people have not value and should be shot’. People on this board (and on her FB page before the get banned) call her on her crap. She can’t handle it so she pretends the criticism is all about hating fat people instead of legitimate criticism about her lies and dangerous message. 

• Love 17

For quasi-celebrities like Twit (and Meghan McCain) acting like a victim is sheer publicity and a call out to fans for rabid support online.

It sickens me that real victims like the Parkland kids and others schools, abused children and women, Black people killed disproportionately, etc. are not afforded the same platforms nor privileges of these two above-mentioned spoiled brats.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don’t think she’s talking about psycho nuts. I think she’s talking about people on the internet like this forum. She thinks any criticism means ‘fat people have not value and should be shot’. People on this board (and on her FB page before the get banned) call her on her crap. She can’t handle it so she pretends the criticism is all about hating fat people instead of legitimate criticism about her lies and dangerous message. 

I believe there probably are people who tell her to kill herself. This is the internet; welcome to thunderdome. However, she is implying that it happens constantly, and she seems to be lumping it in with anyone who criticizes her. So criticizing her equals telling her to kill herself from what I'm seeing in the clip. I have never seen anyone tell her to kill herself, and if it's happening that often, she needs to be taking screen shots and talking to the police, not crying about it on the show. Without being able to see this in its original context, it appears to be her throwing another one of her toddler tantrums while taking up an entire sofa.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

For quasi-celebrities like Twit (and Meghan McCain) acting like a victim is sheer publicity and a call out to fans for rabid support online.

It sickens me that real victims like the Parkland kids and others schools, abused children and women, Black people killed disproportionately, etc. are not afforded the same platforms nor privileges of these two above-mentioned spoiled brats.

Have you seen the video where  youtube guy All Hat No Cattle calls her out on this? It's called "Whitney Thore Professional Victim". I've posted links to it before and it's kind of long, but the commentary is priceless (this is the video in which she compares herself to burn victims and amputees). The guy is dead on accurate about her. I'm hoping he puts out new commentary on her soon. 

• Love 15

The problem with Whitney is she has no problem dishing it out, delights in tormenting her friends and family, sexually harasses people, etc etc but god forbid anyone even so much as side eyes her. Suddenly, as is said above, she’s a professional victim.

• Love 19
27 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

To answer the question above about who we’d like to see on the couch....how about some of these people with disabilities not caused by gluttony. How about an amputee that runs marathons or a wheelchair athlete. They could talk to her about real challenges and what someone who doesn’t give up really looks like. 

I like this and Whitney is all over the board as to what's "wrong" with her. I think maybe "gluttony" needs (for her) replaced with food addiction. She won't admit it, though she's claimed to have been ED/bulimia. The woman has a food addiction. She wants "acceptance" for that, so hence the "No BS" campaign, which leads to her "victim" mentality. 

As All Hat No Cattle says, she could seek help. She's got the means and the support but she thinks any support is "shaming" her if they call her out. Typical addict behavior. So in regards to her claiming "victim", she has the ability to change her "condition". Amputees and burn victims do not. 

Edited by TurtlePower
unnecessary words
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Have you seen the video where  youtube guy All Hat No Cattle calls her out on this? It's called "Whitney Thore Professional Victim".

In this video All Hat takes apart the YouTube video Twit filmed about her NoBs campaign. I agree with @TurtlePower; if you haven't seen it, do! Just search at YouTube for All Hat Whitney Thore & you'll find it along with 2 other videos that are also fun to watch.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Tosia said:

I forgot to quote this last night, but she's totally doing this too. A few people told me to kill myself, so I have this lifetime coupon to do whatever the hell I want, and not only does everyone have to support me, they have to cheer me on. And I like the attention and being cheered on. It's so much better than people talking about my crappy diet and the awful way I treat my family and "friends." Now put my shoes on, Whitney Jr, and fetch my rag on a stick! I have men to stalk on my scooter!

Edited by LordOfLotion
  • Love 9
On 3/24/2018 at 9:47 PM, 3girlsforus said:

To answer the question above about who we’d like to see on the couch....how about some of these people with disabilities not caused by gluttony. How about an amputee that runs marathons or a wheelchair athlete. They could talk to her about real challenges and what someone who doesn’t give up really looks like. 

I'd love to see her reactions to a panel like this.

• Love 7
On 3/23/2018 at 9:24 PM, mamadrama said:

I don't know that I can watch this. I am seriously still po'd about the way that Shaun and the cast treated the comedienne when she was on there. They ganged up on her and bullied her and Whitney encouraged it to continue online. I actually wrote the network over it. 

Yes, I hold grudges. 

Especially since she is SO antibullying.

A recovering addict can smell bullshit a mile away. And that comedian was a recovering addict.  So, Whitney was not going to fool her.

Frankly, I also think that’s why the comedian pissed Buddy off so much.  He was in the middle of his own addiction and too many of the things that she was saying pushed his buttons.

• Love 24
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:13 PM, TurtlePower said:

junk

The woman has a ^ food addiction.

Fixed it for ya. :)  Because we all know she doesn't have 4 apps to order mixed greens . . . (Well, maybe, if she's mixing green jellybeans with green m&ms.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 11

I'm actually looking forward to this, but, I have this dilemma.  This or the new Roseane show! They are both on at the same time.  Oh well...This show repeats later in the evening, right?  I watched one of TLC's shows online once and it was terrible. Constant commercial breaks. 

• Love 2

After watching some of the older episodes as well as recalling several moments during this season I am even more convinced than ever that Whitney wanted Buddy as a love interest. Early on they seemed to flirt with each other. Recall that when they were planning on renting the house together, ostensibly to save money, she broke the news to Glen and Babs by saying that Buddy wanted to live with her.  She made that comment about enjoying the view of his rear end. She seemed jealous of the relationship Buddy had with Heather and more recently seemed to delight in the knowledge that Buddy was no longer interested in her "friend".  Of course she wanted Buddy to go to Hawaii because "she needed him" and she seemed truly excited to see him.  At one point she (probably erroneously) described Buddy as having been her boyfriend. And, of course, most recently, when she scheduled the BGDC in Charleston and called Buddy as soon as she got to town to surprise him.

All the other men she "dated" were probably an attempt in her 11 year old brain to become more desirable to Buddy. I don't like Buddy one single bit but the two of them seemed to have a comfortable relationship even though he denied ever having had any romantic interest in her at one of the wrap up interviews.

Edited by Me from ME
grammar
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

After watching some of the older episodes as well as recalling several moments during this season I am even more convinced than ever that Whitney wanted Buddy as a love interest.

Yes, in the hot tub/ski episode, she talks of being around both the man she's in love with (Lennie) and the man she used to be in love with (Buddy), when they were living in the same house.

• Love 5

To my memory, Buddy has never shown the slightest bit of physical interest in Whitney. He even made some attempt to say tactfully that she wasn't his type at the first reunion (or maybe the second.) I remember being mildly surprised that he was giving her such a clear message that he wasn't into her, and not being at all surprised that she took it with an enormous, resentful pout. And he looked truly aggravated and put off in the episode where she made him rescue her from her sudden onset of back pain in the shower. She was making suggestive little remarks about him seeing her naked, and he was grabbing a towel to cover her up and then lugging her down the hall to her bedroom, looking anywhere but at her.  I doubt very much that this final episode will change his attitude at all, particularly when the preview seems to indicate he is regretting dumping Heather.

• Love 13

To my memory, Buddy has never shown the slightest bit of physical interest in Whitney.

Totally agree with this.

It's just that it is now so apparent that she always wanted him. She might have throttled back a little when Heather was in the picture. He never really shut Twit down, probably to keep his rent free living situation intact.

I doubt very much that this final episode will change his attitude at all

Especially since she practically stalked him to Charleston.

Edited by Me from ME
More to add
  • Love 8

I don’t think Buddy has ever been i to Whitney either. I think there was a time he liked her as a friend but now I think that’s gone too. He couldn’t wait to get away from her. I wouldn’t be surprised if he begged his rehab place to insist that he move elsewhere to give him an excuse to get out of Dodge. I don’t particularly like Buddy but I was cheering him on as he made a run for Charleston and then didn’t have time for Whitney when she showed up. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don’t particularly like Buddy but I was cheering him on as he made a run for Charleston and then didn’t have time for Whitney when she showed up. 

Ditto. These people are all toxic and bad for each other. While part of me wants to say they should only infect themselves, the truth is, some of them have a shot at being decent human beings if they are away from each other. Of course, at this point, all I care about are Todd and the cats. #freetodd #freehenchi #freewanda #freeolivertwist #freestevepurrwin #piggyisalreadyfreesadly #howdoiknowalltheirpetsnamesohthatsrightitsbecausetheirpetsaremoreinterestingthananyofthem

• Love 23
15 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Ditto. These people are all toxic and bad for each other. While part of me wants to say they should only infect themselves, the truth is, some of them have a shot at being decent human beings if they are away from each other. Of course, at this point, all I care about are Todd and the cats. #freetodd #freehenchi #freewanda #freeolivertwist #freestevepurrwin #piggyisalreadyfreesadly #howdoiknowalltheirpetsnamesohthatsrightitsbecausetheirpetsaremoreinterestingthananyofthem

I agree but not necessarily in that order ?

• Love 2
On 3/23/2018 at 6:19 PM, Cherrio said:

My choice for any reality show reunion host is always Jeff Lewis.

He would skewer Whitney and her ka-bobs.

OMGoodness. I knew I knew that name, but couldn't remember from where. Jeff friggin' Lewis. Man, he was something else.  I had no idea the show lasted as long has it has. I stopped watching years ago. 

Edited by aliya