Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: History in the Making

• Start Topic

Not sure if All Stars operates the same way that original flavor PR does, but if they do it is very likely that Ken was allowed to design and "show" his collection as a decoy.  It would be seen by whatever audience is in attendance, but not shown on the broadcast.  For his sake, I hope that is the case.  I have total respect for the remaining designers, but Ken was a personal favorite and it was hard to see him go. 

• Love 3

I happen to disagree that all four deserved to be in the finals.  IMO, not only were some of the women bumped off prematurely, but some of these guys were allowed to go forward when perhaps they shouldn't have.    

It's hard not to be suspicious of an enterprise that produced Ashley Nell Tipton as a winner, not to mention Anya and others, despite the presence of more talented competitors.   Add to the fact that the judging is entirely subjective and whimsical, based on nothing truly quantifiable, and it's easy to see how one might suspect that agenda, not talent, is the real arbiter of this series.

I won't speak for other seasons, but the fact that four men were the final four is one of the few things that makes me think the judging is actually done fairly. The producers aren't stupid...they know there are people who expect to see a mixture of gender, race, etc, in the finals. So the fact that there were four men means that they truly did base their decision on talent, not on what the viewer expects.

• Love 7

Well...they based it on their concepts of talent, I guess. Though the judges often have questionable taste. But in this case, none of the remaining four deserved to go more than any other.

• Love 1
On 3/30/2018 at 2:37 AM, loki310 said:

God, I find Fabio so hot. He looks like one of those guys I would have been all over in grad school. But I digress. 

Ditto. The combination of his having a beautiful face, that sexy voice and a truly wonderful and sweet spirit (and great sense of humor) makes him pretty  much the perfect mate. I DID NOT LIKE his design this week so was glad he escaped elimination but agree with all (most? all, I think!) of you that if there was going to be an elimination based strictly on what they did this week, he should have gone and not Ken. I think a lot of shows at this point, even if they're not SUPPOSED to, will still in the back of their minds find ways NOT to eliminate people they want to make it to finals and/or win. 

Loved Ken's redemption arc ... I think he still probably has the awesome snark but has found a way (therapy?) to channel it from snotty to tamping it down to reserved. And he's always been a good designer. 

By far my favorite final 3-4-5 ever (I loved Edmund too but he didn't really bring it). I'd be happy with any of the F3 winning.

I wish there was a way to check this ... I remember during Stanley's first season, the very first episode where they showed the candidates for the show and had blips of their "audition collections" (can't remember what it's called), I got a glimpse of this one dress he had in it that was one of the most stunning I'd seen on the show ever ... the way I remember it, and again only a glimpse, was a simple olive-colored cocktail dress, just a swingy shift, with sequins. It was so pretty and a great color ... I tried to find it to see if he was selling it but never could. I've liked him ever since then ... he's always seemed classy and kind (and those shade looks he throws are gold). 

BTW ... which designers are the "sister wives"?

• Love 3
On 4/1/2018 at 2:41 AM, leocadia said:

Not sure if All Stars operates the same way that original flavor PR does, but if they do it is very likely that Ken was allowed to design and "show" his collection as a decoy. 

somehow I have the feeling the "final runway" will be a very staged thing; they haven't been mentioning "NY FASHION WEEK" have they?

• Love 3
On 3/29/2018 at 10:09 PM, Snappy said:

I hate when they just tacking on these stupid wrenches in the mix. It makes me think that they didn't want to eliminate the person who they thought did the worst so they used the additional competition to stop that from happening. I don't find it especially interesting or necessary.

Totally agree. I don't like the extra twists and the unrealistic time constraints. I'd rather they give them the challenge, let them make amazing fashion and let them all show in the finale. I want to see fantastic stuff, not thrown together crap. Very disappointed they cut Ken. I wanted all 4 to show and I really like Ken. He was probably my favorite to win.

I know this is supposed to be All-Stars, but the production of the show, in general, seems off and not nearly as polished as the original. I still don't like Alyssa as the host and Ann is just okay as the mentor. Also, did anyone notice that Alyssa's lipstick was totally wonky in her opening scenes? Was it my TV or was it totally darker in spots than in others? Why can't they dress and style her appropriately? 

The fact that my DVR records 3 shows each week annoys the absolute CRAP out of me. Just give me the show, not the rehash of last week, not the deleted scenes. Just the show. The SHOW. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

if there was going to be an elimination based strictly on what they did this week,

That's the way it's supposed to be, but the judges do play favorites at times.

29 minutes ago, Lunula said:

The fact that my DVR records 3 shows each week annoys the absolute CRAP out of me. Just give me the show, not the rehash of last week, not the deleted scenes. Just the show. The SHOW. 

Hear!  Hear!

5 hours ago, dleighg said:

somehow I have the feeling the "final runway" will be a very staged thing; they haven't been mentioning "NY FASHION WEEK" have they?

I don't remember that All Stars ever presented it's runway as part of fashion week... Maybe sometimes, but not always?

It's bad enough when the contestants have to keep mum about the results for a few months til the show airs, but I think I read that this season was filmed 2 years ago! How on earth does the winner keep the sudden influx of prize money, trips, equipment, etc a secret? Doesn't everyone in the winner's immediate circle realize they've gotten the stuff? Do they simply not give the prize to the winner until after the show airs? If that's the case, pity the poor winner who might go completely bankrupt or die waiting for the air date with this kind of time lag!

The whole thing is very strange and suspect.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, dleighg said:

I definitely don't think it's an official fashion week show, but I think they do have an audience of various fashion industry people and previous contestants.  Not 100% sure and it's certainly not as big a deal as on the original show.

3 hours ago, slothgirl said:

I don't remember that All Stars ever presented it's runway as part of fashion week... Maybe sometimes, but not always?

It's bad enough when the contestants have to keep mum about the results for a few months til the show airs, but I think I read that this season was filmed 2 years ago! How on earth does the winner keep the sudden influx of prize money, trips, equipment, etc a secret? Doesn't everyone in the winner's immediate circle realize they've gotten the stuff? Do they simply not give the prize to the winner until after the show airs? If that's the case, pity the poor winner who might go completely bankrupt or die waiting for the air date with this kind of time lag!

The whole thing is very strange and suspect.

I think most reality competition shows hold onto the prize until the finale airs. If it doesn't air, the winners may not get anything, I think (but I'm not sure).

21 hours ago, Lunula said:

I know. Every week I have to cancel the other two recordings so that they don't fill up my DVR!

• Love 5
On 4/1/2018 at 5:03 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Ditto. The combination of his having a beautiful face, that sexy voice and a truly wonderful and sweet spirit (and great sense of humor) makes him pretty  much the perfect mate.

For me it’s the androgynous clothes, beard, tattoos, soulful eyes, and masculine energy.  We’d hang out at coffee shops and go to art gallery receptions... Honestly, I could just watch unedited footage of him hand sewing one of his unflattering garments for the entire 6 hours of the challenge. ?

• Love 2
(edited)

Back in the day when you could buy garments made by the contestants with proceeds going to charity, I bought a dress that Fabio made which I thought was gorgeous even though I was pretty sure it wouldn't fit me (which it didn't because "the girls" were NEVER gonna fit into something made for a stick-thin model) but I still have it and love it like a work of art ... maybe someday when we move I'll get a mannequin (a flat-chested one) and put the dress on it as an actual piece of art ... it was a long off-white crepe dress with periwinkle and mauve "splatter" ... it even had a tiny bit of matte makeup from the model on it. I wish it had fit. I love his color choices. 

If you scroll way down to the Fabio dresses in this you'll see which one it is (pretty obvious). I LOVE it, though the writer of this blog/site hated it ... https://entertainmentrealm.com/2015/01/26/tv-project-runway-all-stars-s4-episode-10/

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 7

So is this the very end of all PR, with this poor offshoot episode tonight? I read today that PR is dead, thanks to Weinstein reverberations. If so, a sad way to go out. And why oh why do I have to see Amanda on my screen yet again? Spare me, please. If this is the last of her, it could be worth losing PR...

So is this the very end of all PR, with this poor offshoot episode tonight? I read today that PR is dead, thanks to Weinstein reverberations. If so, a sad way to go out. And why oh why do I have to see Amanda on my screen yet again? Spare me, please. If this is the last of her, it could be worth losing PR...is there a thread for tonight??