Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ElectricBoogaloo

S06.E12: History in the Making

Recommended Posts

I actually love the top 3.  I agree with the judges about Fabio.  Fabio needs to be Fabio in his designs.

I am also really liking Stanley the last few challenges.  His look this week was perfection.  Although I might agree with whoever questioned the choice of leather.  I like it but it would have to be a really light-weight leather.

I second all those commending Ken for his personal growth.  So nice to see him actually working on it - and being successful at it.  Joshua can maybe watch and learn.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Add me to the chorus that the guys all looked so sharp at the Smithsonian.  I couldn't figure out when they filmed this as the museum is open every day of the year except Christmas. It must have been an early morning shoot because from the rooftop even the National Mall looked empty.

Oh, Ken. I am a total cynic and assume everything on reality shows is packaged, produced and pre-ordained. But I so want to believe that Ken has actually done the work to become such a zen master. He would show flashes of irritation but quickly extinguished them and pulled himself together every time. I have never been more proud of someone I don't know. I teared up when Anthony was hugging him and weeping.

As for the fashion? I am fine with Fabio going forward because he makes stuff that is more interesting to look at. Not always my taste but something other than endless red carpet gowns (Anthony, I love you but you know it's true!) and sophisticated but expected elegance (Stanley). it's usually a cliché when a designer makes nothing but what they would personally wear, but Fabio has such a different aesthetic that I forgive him.

Edited by phantom
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

That Fabio is still in the competition speaks to me about the purpose of the competition.  I've always been in a bit of a conflict about how designers are judged, at least in PR world.  I tend to be a more practical person when it comes to fashion, clothing, and the manufacture of it.  I do admit that this is probably not intended to be a ready-to-wear competition, but ultimately, that is where the vast majority of $$ is made isn't it?  Yes, the couture segment is very, very pricey, but the trickle-down to the rest of us is the meat 'n potatoes of it.

For me, there will always be a conflict about artistic interpretation vs. practical wearability.  Fabio may be a great garment artisan, but I have to believe that the percentage of the population that would actually wear his designs is very small.  I'm talking about wearing them in daily life, not to the Met thing, or to a fashion industry event.

I guess at the end of the day, there is room for both, just maybe not in the winner's circle at Project Runway.  I do realize that a couple of seasons have had winners with more traditional designs, but it hasn't been the norm imo.

I think that those of you who are dedicated students of fashion probably prefer the artisan end of the curve, while I, who just enjoy clothing and fashion, prefer to see clothing more wearable and relatable to me.

Neither are right or wrong, just different.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

That runway farewell between Ken and Anthony nearly made me tear up.  There almost seemed to be something very personal about it, I felt like I was intruding on a private moment.  I also thought it was odd that Ken was absolutely clinging to Anthony, but Anthony is clenching his arms behind his back, but not in a "I'm trying to escape this hug" kind of way, but in a "mustn't touch" kind of way.  It was odd...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The bust of Alyssa's runway look reminded me of the "muffin top" one gets when there's more belly than can fit in the jeans. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I felt sorry for those models standing in that big, probably drafty, room in their underwear. They looked cold!

And that Dita von Teese really gets around. She's been on ...next top model, hells kitchen, cupcake wars, and top chef masters as well as this show earlier.

Edited by dleighg
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It's amazing to me that Ken was such an insufferable ass during his first season and he has been so calm, thoughtful, mature, supportive, humble, and funny this season.

 

I would be willing to wager a good bit of money that after that disastrous first season Ken got professional help.  I'm sure maturity has a lot to do with his improvement, but it seems likely that therapy and medication may also be to thank as well, since it's such a radical change for an individual to make on his own. Look at Josh, who has been consistently unpleasant whenever he's on, despite seeming to believe he has changed, yet still identifiably Orange Josh every time.  I applaud Ken for taking whatever steps he took to make his life and that of those around him better.  

Edited by Calamity Jane
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Alyssa Milano; The Tale of the Tortured T*ts

Yes.  The dress looked fabulous on her other than the ill fitting top.  I was surprised to see someone that short be able to wear a dress with 2 layers of different length. 

I loved Stanley's dress and shoe choice. He and Ken are my favorites.  

I didn’t like the top or skirt Fabio made. And yes, a can of Chrisco.  Lol. It made the model look short and thick through the middle. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

That Fabio is still in the competition speaks to me about the purpose of the competition.  I've always been in a bit of a conflict about how designers are judged, at least in PR world.  I tend to be a more practical person when it comes to fashion, clothing, and the manufacture of it.  I do admit that this is probably not intended to be a ready-to-wear competition, but ultimately, that is where the vast majority of $$ is made isn't it?  Yes, the couture segment is very, very pricey, but the trickle-down to the rest of us is the meat 'n potatoes of it.

For me, there will always be a conflict about artistic interpretation vs. practical wearability.  Fabio may be a great garment artisan, but I have to believe that the percentage of the population that would actually wear his designs is very small.  I'm talking about wearing them in daily life, not to the Met thing, or to a fashion industry event.

I guess at the end of the day, there is room for both, just maybe not in the winner's circle at Project Runway.  I do realize that a couple of seasons have had winners with more traditional designs, but it hasn't been the norm imo.

I think that those of you who are dedicated students of fashion probably prefer the artisan end of the curve, while I, who just enjoy clothing and fashion, prefer to see clothing more wearable and relatable to me.

Neither are right or wrong, just different.

This has been the eternal debate on Project Runway - do they reward innovative design or good tailoring? Look at the first two winners of the mothership show - Jay McCarroll made delightfully weird chunky knit stuff and earmuffs while Chloe made expertly crafted gowns that were in no way innovative. Jay was denigrated as too artsy-craftsy and Chloe was repeatedly called "just a patternmaker." The judges want someone with a unique perspective that appeals to skinny rich ladies and impeccable technical skills and that's darn near impossible.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, wenhiku said:

Was the fabric that Fabio used for his top, with the birds, the same fabric Brandon used for his entire final collection a season or so ago?  I thought I had seen it before.

Nope, it was not.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, phantom said:

The judges want someone with a unique perspective that appeals to skinny rich ladies and impeccable technical skills and that's darn near impossible.

Let's make that past tense.  Ever since Ashley Nell Tipton, I think they've been flailing about, trying to find an audience that had no interest in them in earlier iterations. 

But "I'm not here to make friends" has been a cliche for how many years now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, millennium said:

I was hoping Anthony would be eliminated.  I'm tired of his screeching, squealing and preening

I know Anthony seems to be the 'sweetheart' of a lot of the viewers here, but I am getting kind of tired of his squealing as well.  I think he may be very good at making gowns for women going to some annual ball, but I don't fconsider him all that great of a versatile designer.  I love Ken and believe he operates on a level of fashion far beyond Anthony.  Have we seen Anthony make anything other than draped items?  Ken can f*cking sew and tailor!

I believe Stanley is the most talented and I share his love of classic, timeless design.  

I like some of Fabio's stuff but was not feeling his look last night at all.  I have seen that bird pattern (which is not really chinoiserie) in wallpapered bathrooms.

Edited by Joan van Snark
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, MelinaBallerina said:

Wholly Carp!  When the heck did Ken become one of my favorite people?  I actually teared up at his auffing.  He really learned how to deal with the stresses of being on a competition reality show and not let his temper take over.  It's so much nicer being able to focus more on their artistry, rather than their hissy fits.  

 I am happy that my Anthony is still in it, but I really thought Stanley's white dress was boring.  And dated.  But, what do I know?  I have 3 pairs of pants, 5 tops and two shoes and just cycle through those.

OMG, me too!  I hated him in his original season, he grew on me a little his first Allstars, and I downright like him now.  That twist was just so stupid.  I really hoped they would all show.  After the results of the 1 hour BS challenge, none of them should have been eliminated.  Such crap.  Then one of the judges was harping on Anthony's dress from the 1 hour bs fore being wrinkled, meanwhile the completely unfinished hem on Stanley's look for the 'real' challenge was not even mentioned.  I love Fabio but hated both his looks.  Different can be awesome, but not when it is ugly and dowdy. 

Oh, and Ken's farewell speech:  LOVED.  He really grew up!

Edited by AlleC17
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I actually had to turn it off when Alyssa led them to that sadistic extra challenge.  I like all these guys so much, and all these ridiculous twists are just a little too "They Shoot Horses, Don't They" for me.  Alyssa's gleeful face and handholding didn't really help the appearance of "let's punish these people for our amusement."

Edited to add:  I had to put my hand up over the bottom half of the screen when she was talking, that's how repulsed I was by her bosom.

Edited by Special K
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Wings said:

Yes.  The dress looked fabulous on her other than the ill fitting top.  I was surprised to see someone that short be able to wear a dress with 2 layers of different length. 

I think the 2 lengths were what gave her an illusion of more height. (since they were both the same fabric... if it had been 2 colors, it wouldn't have worked) And the 2 sligh flare hems balanced out her body where she is chunky.

45 minutes ago, Joan van Snark said:

I know Anthony seems to be the 'sweetheart' of a lot of the viewers here, but I am getting kind of tired of his squealing as well.  I think he may be very good at making gowns for women going to some annual ball, but I don't fconsider him all that great of a versatile designer.  I love Ken and believe he operates on a level of fashion far beyond Anthony.  Have we seen Anthony make anything other than draped items?  Ken can f*cking sew and tailor!

I believe Stanley is the most talented and I share his love of classic, timeless design.  

I like some of Fabio's stuff but was not feeling his look last night at all.  I have seen that bird pattern (which is not really chinoiserie) in wallpapered bathrooms.

 

My guess is that Anthony doesn't squeal all the time, but the editing monkeys are over-emphasizing it. However, if there was a reunion show like PR-OR has, I'm sure they'd do a montage of Anthony squeals

I think Stanley can veer easily into so classic it's boring territory

I enjoy seeing Fabio's, but it's not anything I could or would wear. It's a fresh perspective that seems more "runway" to me, since runway looks are often outrageous and get toned down for market.

I think Anthony is able to bring something interesting and fresh to his gowns... like that length on the 1st look was perfect. Without the train, no. With a fuller skirt, no. With drapy-er fabric, no. I really thought the heavy fabric (other that the weight making the waist wonky which of course he would fix IRL) really elevated this look, along with the not-quite-primary color. All in all, it was a showstopper where it could have been a "seen it a zillion times on red carpets" look. 

I think Ken will turn out to be more versatile in the long run especially with clothes for the rest of us (and therefore possibly more successful commercially). Anthony will have more starlets asking him to dress them for red carpet events. Ken's vision is for the fashion. Anthony's vision is how to make a woman drop dead killer gorgeous in his dress. Neither is better IMO... it's just different strengths. When you see Ken's looks, you say "I want that outfit". When you see Anthony's, you say "I wish I was her" or "I wish I had somewhere to wear something that gorgeous." They should team up since they have complimentary skill sets... strong where the other is weak.

43 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

 I don't know why when other people sob it triggers me to start crying too. 

Empathy? I'm just guessing. ;)

29 minutes ago, AlleC17 said:

Oh, and Ken's farewell speech:  LOVED.  He really grew up!

Helen take note. IIRC, even Josh came up with a more gracious exit for the judges than Helen.

Edited by slothgirl
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I like all 4 designers. I think Stanley is my favorite. I think I am one of the few who liked Fabio's smocked striped skirt but I didn't like the bird print top. The twist of having to create a look from left over fabric in one hour was unnecessary and kind of cruel imo. I wish all 4 got to show their collection at the finale.....the money was already spent on the fabric and they all earned it based on merit imo.

I hope Stanley replaces Tim as the mentor in the future. I worry about Tim's health (I wonder if he has Parkinson's Disease....I hope not).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I just have to say how fabulous Dita is is is. She is totally IT. I was very pleased on who will show, however, all four should have been allowed to show their collections and without having to make a dress in an hour.  This is getting so old.  I am all about Stanley for the win. Such a gent! And yes, I agree, he could substitute for Tim Gunn any day of the week. Oh and that white dress he did last night, PERFECTION, but hated the shoes. ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, enoughcats said:

I suggested earlier calling him Mr. Stanley for just those reasons.  With a showroom, with models wearing clothes that everyone who entered (to be offered a cup of tea in bone china and several dainty cookies) would feel that they had to buy.  Mr. Stanley FTW.  (Mr. Anthony for his version of The Chew)

It seems that the show has been setting up a Stanley vs.  Fabio showdown since day one.  I'm fine with that and can't wait to visit Mr. Stanley's atelier.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

I just have to say how fabulous Dita is is is. She is totally IT.

of course, everyone can have their own opinion, but I just don't see it. She seems very fake to me; playing a stereotype. I am not a fan.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

These four were all such fabulous people and friends, I figured they would have all four of them show.  Why not?  It's a private show, not like on the regular show where they go to Mercedes-Benz fashion week or whatever it is this year.

It may be just me, but I hated Stanley's white dress.  It looked straight out of the 50's, but with much much worse tailoring.  Why is he exempt from hemming?  The edges on the collar and arms weren't finished either.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, MelinaBallerina said:

Wholly Carp!  When the heck did Ken become one of my favorite people?  I actually teared up at his auffing.  He really learned how to deal with the stresses of being on a competition reality show and not let his temper take over.  It's so much nicer being able to focus more on their artistry, rather than their hissy fits. 

I feel exactly the same!  I love love Fabio and always have but I was torn with his somewhat disappointing runway look.  I wonder how Ken would have fared if he’d gone with those gorgeous puff sleeves instead of the sash.

16 hours ago, wenhiku said:

Was the fabric that Fabio used for his top, with the birds, the same fabric Brandon used for his entire final collection a season or so ago?  I thought I had seen it before.

Brandon’s was flamingos.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Snappy said:

 

I agree. Talent, not gender, race, height, religion, etc., should determine who is in the finals  All 4 of these gentlemen worked hard, and produced quality garments (in some cases, only enough quality to beat out 1 other person.), and deserved their spot on that stage. Add to that, there was no sniping, backbiting, witchy behavior. Wondering, would the topic even come up if all 4 designers left had been women? 

I happen to disagree that all four deserved to be in the finals.  IMO, not only were some of the women bumped off prematurely, but some of these guys were allowed to go forward when perhaps they shouldn't have.    

It's hard not to be suspicious of an enterprise that produced Ashley Nell Tipton as a winner, not to mention Anya and others, despite the presence of more talented competitors.   Add to the fact that the judging is entirely subjective and whimsical, based on nothing truly quantifiable, and it's easy to see how one might suspect that agenda, not talent, is the real arbiter of this series.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

That runway farewell between Ken and Anthony nearly made me tear up.  There almost seemed to be something very personal about it, I felt like I was intruding on a private moment.  I also thought it was odd that Ken was absolutely clinging to Anthony, but Anthony is clenching his arms behind his back, but not in a "I'm trying to escape this hug" kind of way, but in a "mustn't touch" kind of way.  It was odd...

It was the first time I wondered if they might be more than just friends.

Also, is this the first time that they've had a female makeup artist? I always remember them being male.

Edited by tobeannounced

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, dosodog said:

Fabio should have gone home. I'm sorry.  I like him.

But not this week.

Just.  Bullshit. 

Agreed.  Fabio's first look was flat out horrific, and if Alyssa really decided to wear it she'd look ridiculous.  That skirt was an absolute nightmare - it brought to mind those old tissue paper bells and looked stiff and uncomfortable.  They roll over and bark for everything that Fabio does, and I haven't seen one of his looks that doesn't immediately add twenty pounds onto the wearer.  He should have been eliminated for those hideous rubber rain shoes alone.  They like his personal clothing style which is why he's gone far in the past.

I am so disappointed for Ken.

2 hours ago, dleighg said:

of course, everyone can have their own opinion, but I just don't see it. She seems very fake to me; playing a stereotype. I am not a fan.

She was doing some sort of simpering with her critiques which really bugged.  I guess her corset was probably too tight.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, leighdear said:

 

Seems like many of us doubted we would ever be Ken fans, but he sure convinced me this season that he's grown & matured into a more generous & compassionate human being.  And that says a lot to me about a designer's character.  

I've liked Fabio as a person, but rarely as a designer.  And I do not see him as an artist, and I think he was the wrong choice.  Ken should have been final 3.    

I've loved Ken since his very first season.  I know he was uptight, couldn't handle frustration, and lashed out.  But I just loved him.  And how he has grown as a human being!  If nothing else, Ken has left this wonderful impression with the audience, and even won over those who disliked him in the past.  He's a winner in my eyes.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I think Fabio is so out there that these lame judges think he must be good and are afraid to look uncool or stupid by saying some his stuff sucks and makes women look horrible. They are afraid they don’t “get” him and that he might be some super freak talent.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Why the heck did they come up with that extra challenge after the runway? It seemed so random, it made no sense, and as someone above mentioned, sadistic. You may disagree, but my first thought was "no way did they make those looks in one hour."  I know they're professionals. But those outfits were really nice, in my opinion and somehow fit the models well. Not sure why the producers felt the need to have this bogus competition and claim it was one hour, but I'm not buying it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Damn.  They're dead wrong for not letting all four finalists show---that hour challenge really showed how ridiculously talented all four of these guys are.  

So while I don't necessarily respond to everything Fabio creates, I get why he's a finalist.  The brother has a very specific aesthetic and I got it when he said that Tilda Swinton could be his muse.  I dig people that go their own way regardless of how society at large accepts their vision and this is totally Fabio.  And when the criteria for showing at Fashion Week is, "Who's Designing Something That Makes Me Want to See What's Next?"  Fabio fits the bill.  Doesn't mean that I didn't want to see Ken's too (or Edmond's, for that matter!) but I feel like Ken and Anthony are almost interchangeable---gorgeous gowns, feminine creations and impeccable tailoring.  I think Fabio brings the sewing skills but just brings a completely fresh take on modern fashion.  I don't think they'll ultimately ever give him the win but I'm glad he's showing.

3 hours ago, dleighg said:

 

5 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I just have to say how fabulous Dita is is is. She is totally IT.

of course, everyone can have their own opinion, but I just don't see it. She seems very fake to me; playing a stereotype. I am not a fan.

 

I watched last week's episode back to back with this one so the Judging kinda ran together for me.  I posted in Candy Crush thread about not understanding why they keep trying to make Dita Von Teese happen.  Cannot stand her.

Edited by SuburbanHangSuite · Reason: adding Dita hate
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

I like all 4 designers. I think Stanley is my favorite. I think I am one of the few who liked Fabio's smocked striped skirt but I didn't like the bird print top. The twist of having to create a look from left over fabric in one hour was unnecessary and kind of cruel imo. I wish all 4 got to show their collection at the finale.....the money was already spent on the fabric and they all earned it based on merit imo.

I hope Stanley replaces Tim as the mentor in the future. I worry about Tim's health (I wonder if he has Parkinson's Disease....I hope not).

I loved the smocked skirt until I saw a side view.  The smocking didn't lie flat so it made the model look chunky at the waist.  I loved the idea though, very cool skirt without that flaw. 

It would have looked much bether with a close fitting top. 

Edited by Wings
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Wings said:

I loved the smocked skirt until I saw a side view.  The smocking didn't lie flat so it made the model look chunky at the waist.  I loved the idea though, very cool skirt without that flaw. 

It would have looked much bether with a close fitting top. 

I didn't notice the side but if done right (i.e., not making the model look chunky) then it would have been great. I completely agree with it needing to be paired with a close fitting top. I really didn't care for the top (not for me).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Love Stanley's aesthetic but the unhemmed nature of the first dress just disappointed me. It looked like he ran out of time and still needed to put on sleeves and hems. Fabio's bird top would be cute with jeans, the stripey skirt cried out for a fitted little top, or even a bandeau top. Way too much fabric top and bottom, she looked like a lampshade. Ken got screwed; his pants were impeccable and he did the perfect little black dress in an hour. Anthony is the second coming of Yves Saint Laurent; someone above said women look at his dresses and think, "I want to be her!" and that is pure truth. So naturally he will not win, but I'm glad we get to see more. My money's on Stanley at this point, but all four were fantastic and I'm sad we don't get to see what Ken would've done with more time to explore colors.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Beaner said:

Why the heck did they come up with that extra challenge after the runway? It seemed so random, it made no sense, and as someone above mentioned, sadistic.

and then in the judging Isaac said (and they all agreed) that the extra challenge wasn't really going to figure into their final answer, because the runway show was all about their "vision." So yes, it was completely random and unnecessary and ultimately, meant nothing.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, dleighg said:

The bust of Alyssa's runway look reminded me of the "muffin top" one gets when there's more belly than can fit in the jeans. 

Yep, that batch of muffins had too much baking powder in the batter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Having lived through it, there was a lot of smocking in the 1970s, and it usually made anyone who wore it look bigger in whatever area the smocking was AND due to the bellowing of the fabric under the smocking (I was thinner then and loved the smocking, but now realize how atrocious some of the fashion from the 70s really was even though we thought we were groovy and cool).  I thought that Fabio's look was both unflattering and consistent with the trends of the 1970s.  But what especially disappointed me about Fabio's look was that they were told to send what would be the showstopper of the collection out and, to me, Fabio's look seemed like it would be a part of a collection, but not the showstopper.  And, when asked what he tries to design, Fabio responded with displaced proportions and contrasting pieces.  To me (and I know that this is my opinion only), that is code-speak for "I don't really know how to fit a female human being and design pieces that work well together, so I just throw things together and tell everyone that it is my design aesthetic."

I agree with other posters that the judges are so afraid of being irrelevant that any design that is different may be trend setting and they want to be a part of it.  I guess the days are gone when the judges would state that no woman wants to look larger than she is and therefore any design that adds bulk is not desirable.  I do miss Michael Kors at times...

I have grown to really like Ken and I loved his one-hour look.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, slothgirl said:

I think Stanley can veer easily into so classic it's boring territory

Stanley's looks almost always strike me as not bad but a bit boring. His Hard Rock Café rocker, for example. And this episode's white dress.

I wouldn't wear Fabio's designs, but I know people who dress like him and would rock his clothes. There are plenty of designers already for those of us who want to wear more traditional silhouettes, so more power to him. That said, I did not like the combination of the smocked skirt and printed top, even though I enjoyed both pieces individually.

This might have been my favorite PR final four in terms of energy and camaraderie, but not one of them strikes me as a stellar designer. I'll be happy for the winner simply because they all worked hard and stayed true to themselves. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was kind of disappointed in this episode.  I do love all 4 of the last designers, but really felt that Fabio should have gone home this week.  The fact that the judges needed to find a reason to keep him (i.e. the BS one hour challenge) makes me worry that he is the designated winner for the season.  I'm firmly on Team Stanley!!

It's sad for me to read comments that having four men of colour make it to the end is just a political thing.  These four men are obviously talented and deserve to be there.  Not many of the women were impressive this season and I'm not at all disappointed with the final four.  Thankfully, not many people seem to think this way.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Token said:

I was kind of disappointed in this episode.  I do love all 4 of the last designers, but really felt that Fabio should have gone home this week.  The fact that the judges needed to find a reason to keep him (i.e. the BS one hour challenge) makes me worry that he is the designated winner for the season.  I'm firmly on Team Stanley!!

It's sad for me to read comments that having four men of colour make it to the end is just a political thing.  These four men are obviously talented and deserve to be there.  Not many of the women were impressive this season and I'm not at all disappointed with the final four.  Thankfully, not many people seem to think this way.

I've felt that Fabio was the designated winner from the beginning.  All Stars seems to have a theme of rewarding a favorite - Mondo for example.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, this show was unnecessarily cruel.....instead of eliminating someone before, they let them all believe they could make a collection.  letting them buy fabric and allowing them to start creating, then pulling it out from under one of them was sadistic.  They should have let all four show their designs.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, that was cold. Why would they get everyone's hopes up just to pull the rug out from under one of them? Oh yeah, drama, sorry, never mind!

Edited by Gothish520
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, watch2much said:

Wow, this show was unnecessarily cruel.....instead of eliminating someone before, they let them all believe they could make a collection.  letting them buy fabric and allowing them to start creating, then pulling it out from under one of them was sadistic.  They should have let all four show their designs.

I wasn’t paying attention at the end of the previous episode or at the beginning of this one so I may have misunderstood. But I thought they all made 6 pieces. Or was it that they were GOING to make 6 pieces but after they passed through this challenge?

Anyway, I think Fabio should have been eliminated for that ugly skirt. I know I’m not high fashion but that smocking is not a good look. If a rail thin model looks thick and wide, imagine how a size 12 (me) would look in it.

Ken’s looks - both- were beautiful. I loved how complimentary Anthony was about Ken’s pants. They all seem to be supportive, which is a welcomed change of pace.

Anthony is my new favorite PR designer personality. Michael Knight passed away and I’m still upset about it. I dreamt of him designing my wedding dress...you know...when I meet someone and win the lottery so I can afford it. Now it must be Anthony who blesses me. :)

i love Stanley too. Very classic. I’m not bored maybe bc I tend to lean toward boring clothes.

i want Anthony to win. Fabio probably will. I hope I’m not angry about it based on what he presents.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I've felt that Fabio was the designated winner from the beginning.  All Stars seems to have a theme of rewarding a favorite - Mondo for example.

That's why I think it has been Stanley all along.

Share this post


Link to post

Random thoughts:

- Anyone who thinks it is stylists putting Alyssa in such unflattering looks should listen to her judging again -- she keeps saying she would wear Fabio's looks, when there is no way in hell she should be in those silhouettes! (A model can only kind of pull them off, imo.)

- I was so happy to see all those flats! Since I wear loafers with dresses all the time. 

- I laughed that there was so much of Joshua's fabrics left over, given what he kept putting on the runway....

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I cannot decide which designer is being groomed for the win; Stanley or Fabio.  For my aesthetic, it would be Stanley, but I suspect that the judges will opt for Fabio.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Finally got a chance to watch, and it broke my heart to see Ken get the boot.  I never thought I would write those words after his first season, but he has made such a positive turn-around in his approach to the world, and he has such talent, which I can really appreciate and he can let speak for itself now, that I really wanted him to pull out the win this time.  I am one of the ones who has never understood the appeal of Fabio's clothes, lovely though he seems to be as a person.  Ken's look is sharp and sophisticated and very polished.  Just killed me to see him sent home.  All four semi-finalists seem to be good human beings and quite talented;  I just was pulling a little harder for Ken than anyone else.  It does feel like a Fabio win is coming.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

I wasn’t paying attention at the end of the previous episode or at the beginning of this one so I may have misunderstood. But I thought they all made 6 pieces. Or was it that they were GOING to make 6 pieces but after they passed through this challenge?

At the beginning of this episode, they went to the Smithsonian to get inspiration for their final collections. When they initially arrived, Alyssa said all four of them would be designing a six piece collection for the finale and they would have one week to create all of their garments. Each designer then discussed what their collection would be. After that, the designers were taken to the place where Mood gets all of their fabric. They were each give $2000 to spend. When they went back to the workroom, most of the designers said that they were planning to spend the first day making muslin patterns before cutting their fabric. At the beginning of the second day, Alyssa came into the workroom and told the designers that they had to present a signature look to the judges the next day. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×