Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: A Dark Knight: One of My Three Soups

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Dobian said:

How exactly does Jerome have boiling hot soup poured down his throat and all over his face and he can talk and function right after like nothing happened? Really show?

Maybe it's a function of his reanimation? *shrug*

(edited)

Gotham has never been a very linear or logical show.  It often revels more in crazy then it does in logical storytelling for better and worse.  Sometimes it does work.  I actually do really like the idea of Lee and Riddler for a lot of reasons. ( One of the big ones is Lee is on her own weird downward spiral and it kind of fits that she would chose a guy like Riddler because he is fun and the exact opposite of Jim.). Sometimes it doesn’t.  (If the show treats Barbara according to pattern her entire story arc will happen off screen only to end during the season finale in about a fifteen minute story arc.). The entire point of Jerome and his twin was mainly to give Jim and Bruce someone to chace after because that is really the entire point of Gotham really.   Jim and Bruce surrounded by crazy.  The problem is good storylines get lost in the process.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Wish we'd seen more damage to Jerome's mouth from the "lava-hot" soup. He's also moving toward his comic book look (would have liked him asking "Do you think it's my colour? D'you think purple would look better?")

Loved the Bat/Cat moments, like when Bruce leaned toward Selina... to open the car door and later when they ended up lying together on the floor (I forget who was on top).

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, Danielg342 said:

Maybe this includes a running tally of those who survive those charity dinners, as well as the weirdest murder attempt they were subject to.

Kinda like a Dead Pool where people go, "I've attended 30 charity events over the last year and despite being kidnapped three times, I've only been shot once!"? A sort of upper crust daredevils' club?

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, Kostgard said:

And I think there have been other Demon’s Heads - the flashback in early season four had this Ra’s dying on the battlefield centuries ago until someone came along and dunked him in the Lazarus pit.

Wasn't Mads "Hannibal"* Mikkelson a previous Ra's? I skipped last Season so I wasn't sure who that was.

I had no problem with the League of Shadows not instantly accepting Barbara as leader because they don't seem the type to have a clear constitutional succession procedure. But really? All the women wanted Babs and none of the men did? Hell, you'd think a smart guy might allow somebody he considers a weak leader to "officially" run things because it means she's the one with the target on your back while you build up your power base for a later coup. But them I'm not a murderous assassin (as far as you know...).

* Or "Le Chiffre", depending on your pop culture references.

• Love 1
On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:30 PM, UNOSEZ said:

Tabitha and Maze from Lucifer should run off together and find some ppl who appreciate all their hardworking and actually listen to them... Or just play beach volleyball I'm good either way

I'd watch that! Although frankly Tabby probably will fit in very nicely with the other assassins, they seem her sort of people. 

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:51 PM, icemiser69 said:

When Bruce had Selina pinned to the ground, I was expecting him to kiss her, advancing their relationship.

Little bit rapey in a Duchess and the Highwayman sort of way. I expected her to kiss him. 

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:47 PM, Danielg342 said:

Well, I would say "why would anyone live in Gotham?" but I think we're well past that now.

Well, people still went to NY and LA at the height of their murder epidemics, the rewards vs the dangers. 

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:39 PM, Kostgard said:

And if they insist on staying, why would any of them accept an invitation to a fancy-pants charity dinner/ball/whatever? You KNOW some wacko in a crazy outfit is going to come in and wreck up the place. Just write a check and stay at home.

Have you any idea how boring charity dinners/balls would be otherwise?

(edited)
On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, Dobian said:

How exactly does Jerome have boiling hot soup poured down his throat and all over his face and he can talk and function right after like nothing happened? Really show?

I figure his injuries mean a lot of the nerve endings in his face have been destroyed. 

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:25 PM, AAEBoiler said:

Well, that makes sense because it seems like GCPD headquarters gets attacked every Wednesday.

Yes, sort of ironic that Harper tells Bruce he'll be safe there?

Edited by Joe Hellandback
(edited)

1. Jeez! A lot of throat slitting for 9pm at night? Not as disgusting as Jerome eating the used gum though. 

2. Love the Harvey/Jim dynamic, you think that Harvey quite enjoys having the high ground. 

3. Poor Selina is so cynical, maybe not so surprising for a girl who was even betrayed by her mother. She should stick with Tabby.  

4. You'd think Tabby would be a little more sympathetic to Barbara. 

5. Barbara's leather outfit when Bashir resurrects her, GODDAM! 

6. Love Bruce's bluff at the GCPD, we see his playboy persona evolving.

7. The Joker/Batman dynamic set up here, Bruce feels responsible for Jerome but doesn't want him dead, by contrast Selina takes the Frank Castle approach to the Joker, "I've got all the therapy you need right here maniac!". 

8.  Rather odd to see Jerome pounded, we're so used to him being nasty to others but now he gets his. Jim shooting Tetch in the hand was a bit surprising too, getting to be a lot more Popeye Doyle than Dick Tracy these days. 

So what's at St Ignatiaus? Can't wait to find out. 

Edited by Joe Hellandback
  • Love 1

This episode was alright.  I'm not a huge fan of the flamboyant Arkham crazies, and there was a lot of throat slitting in this one I didn't care to watch.

Jim and Harvey had another really nice talk, but they were too caught up in that tiresome plot.

I'm glad Bruce is on the hunt, but his "noble" action of saving Jerome from death was frustrating as hell to watch.  Even if he were arrested, you can't trust any of the institutions in Gotham, so it just comes off as dumb.  I liked that Selena came back to save him, though.

Barbara becoming The Devil's Head didn't interest me either.  

So overall, this episode didn't leave me much to look forward to.

• Love 1