Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Sur Going South

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, glowbug said:

I don’t think any of the cast members are attractive in their current state. As much as I dislike her, I think Ariana is beautiful but I don’t like the short hair on her. Brittany is pretty when she’s thinner and without the oversized breasts that make her look fat on top of the weight gain. Brittany’s main issue is that when she gains weight she gains it heavily in her face. Scheana used to be pretty before she lost all the weight and tweaked her face. Stassi has good angles but I never found her all that attractive. She’s also currently too thin and would look better with a few more pounds. Kristen is ugly, though the plastic surgery she had a few years ago improved her face considerably and she sometimes has good angles. I thought she looked almost pretty at the reunion two or three seasons ago. Katie is plain. I don’t think she’s ugly or pretty. Schwartz is cute but nothing special, and I’ve never understood the attraction to Sandoval. Jax was good looking in season one but the weight gain, drugs, and age have made him unattractive, not to mention his personality. 

Agreed on all accounts, @glowbug. I’m not fond of the shorter hair on Adrianna either; I like it better than all the fake extensions, but it’s just too short and bland and does nothing to enhance her face.

I once considered Scheana to be the naturally prettiest of all the girls, but since she’s messed with her face/weight so much, her horrible personality is definitely catching up with her weird face. Katie and Kristen have always been rather plain to me. I’m sorry, but as cute as Britney is, she just looks chunky on camera; she’s probably average-small sized in real life, since we’re just so used to seeing toothpick-sized women on camera. Stassi I thought was beautiful the first two seasons, but her mean personality and plastic surgery coupled with the overly bleached blonde hair doesn’t help her looks. LaLa would be gorgeous had she not gone for those obvious nose/boob jobs and if she’d lay off the excess makeup and that vapid blowup-doll expression in all her photos.

TomTom are both just generic LA pretty boys to me. Jax has probably aged the worst of this whole group, and maybe Peter too—-they both are bloaty now, usually look sweaty and both looked much better with more hair.

• Love 4

“I’m 5’8” and fucking gorgeous.” -Kristen    ...that still makes me laugh. As does, “it’s true, we’re all really, really good looking,” also said by Kristen. Self esteem is great but c’mon. And she’s generally considered to be the least attractive one.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Rebecca said:
On 3/27/2018 at 6:21 AM, sadiebyuca said:

I'm feeling bad for Jax.  I think he's losing it because he can NOT convince Brittany to dump  him.  He's tried it all and that girl just won't leave him.  

I couldn’t feel less bad for him. He should grow a pair and dump her then. He hasn’t even TOLD her how he feels, so I don’t see how he’s “tried it all,” he’s just been a POS doing what he wants. He’s disgusting.

It was a joke.  I thought that was obvious.  By trying it all, I was referring to all of the things he's done in past seasons to get women to dump him.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sadiebyuca said:

It was a joke.  I thought that was obvious.  By trying it all, I was referring to all of the things he's done in past seasons to get women to dump him.  

Ok, that’s good to know. I have heard some people say similar things in seriousness so I totally didn’t take it as a joke. Actually, it sounds like something Sandoval would say. ? 

• Love 2
Just now, Rebecca said:

Ok, that’s good to know. I have heard some people say similar things in seriousness so I totally didn’t take it as a joke. Actually, it sounds like something Sandoval would say. ? 

Oh, gosh.  You're totally right about Sandoval.  That's because he's madly in love with those stupid men.  He's just ridiculous. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

I don't think Britteny is chunky. 

Oh I didn’t say Britney is chunky, just that she looks chunky on camera, especially in comparison to her fellow female castmates. Those huge foobs she hoists around in mostly unflattering outfits probably don’t help things, but she’s obviously shorter and not as scary skinny as the other girls((Katie also looks heavier on camera as well, but she carries extra weight better because she’s taller))—-the sad irony is, Brit’s likely pretty small in real life, but again, the camera always adds pounds, especially if you’re shorter and not as svelte as the usual size 0-2 gals we normally see all over our television/movie screens.

I’ve met a few famous female actors/reality stars and have always been shocked by how much skinnier/smaller they appear in real life; Angie Harmon in particular shocked me—-the fact that a human female could be that insanely tiny after having had multiple children was astounding, but apparently that’s just the norm in Hollywood. I’ve heard even Vikki G looks 20 pounds lighter in person; I’m sure Brit would be shockingly more svelte off camera as well. 

Sad what the camera does to us regular folks; look no further than second season Real Housewives to see the result of someone finally seeing the bloated/real version of themselves on camera. I’m just pleasantly surprised that Brit/Katie haven’t starved themselves to look skinnier on camera by now! Bravo indeed for their body confidence.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Oh I didn’t say Britney is chunky, just that she looks chunky on camera, especially in comparison to her fellow female castmates. Those huge foobs she hoists around in mostly unflattering outfits probably don’t help things, but she’s obviously shorter and not as scary skinny as the other girls((Katie also looks heavier on camera as well, but she carries extra weight better because she’s taller))—-the sad irony is, Brit’s likely pretty small in real life, but again, the camera always adds pounds, especially if you’re shorter and not as svelte as the usual size 0-2 gals we normally see all over our television/movie screens.

I’ve met a few famous female actors/reality stars and have always been shocked by how much skinnier/smaller they appear in real life; Angie Harmon in particular shocked me—-the fact that a human female could be that insanely tiny after having had multiple children was astounding, but apparently that’s just the norm in Hollywood. I’ve heard even Vikki G looks 20 pounds lighter in person; I’m sure Brit would be shockingly more svelte off camera as well. 

Sad what the camera does to us regular folks; look no further than second season Real Housewives to see the result of someone finally seeing the bloated/real version of themselves on camera. I’m just pleasantly surprised that Brit/Katie haven’t starved themselves to look skinnier on camera by now! Bravo indeed for their body confidence.

Some before and after photos of Britney and stories from their plastic surgeon:  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3459698/Jax-Taylor-persuades-girlfriend-Brittany-larger-breast-implants-Vanderpump-Rules.html 

• Love 2

Yea, I think the boobs have spectacularly failed Brittany. A lot of women think big boobs will make them look smaller, but it doesn't always work. And her outfits do NOT help. I do think she has put on a bit of weight since she first came on the show, but that's common when women move in with a boyfriend. It's certainly happened to be. She's in no way "chunky", but the big boobs, bad outfits, and standing next to Scheana don't help. 

• Love 5
On 3/27/2018 at 9:30 AM, heatherchandler said:

I used to really like Lala, so I gave her a lot of slack.  But - I was listening to her on Heather McDonald's podcast and she is really annoying with her "honey, baby" and "girl, I'm urban" business.  Heather asked her about that and she is claiming she is like that due to listening to gangster rap since she was 6 - which I do not believe.. but also a lot of people love gangster rap but don't say things like, "you know we gansta."  I am cringing for her, she looks ridiculous.  

In Utah. Gotta love how gangsta rap was such a formative experience for Lala and Igloo Australia* (Iggy Azalea) it changed how two little white girls sounded in Utah and Australia, but didn't do the same to a whole host of other kids who listened to it across the globe.

*Azaelia Banks might be a bonkers troll, but she gave the world a precious gift when she came up with that nickname.

• Love 3
On 3/23/2018 at 12:55 PM, Judi Sunshine said:

That water park looks aMAAAAzing!

I thought the water look dirty

On 3/26/2018 at 8:52 PM, whydoievencare said:

I felt quite sorry for James hearing him talk about how badly he was bullied in England.

Yes, as a teacher that really bothered me.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/30/2018 at 2:39 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Agreed on all accounts, @glowbug. I’m not fond of the shorter hair on Adrianna either; I like it better than all the fake extensions, but it’s just too short and bland and does nothing to enhance her face.

I once considered Scheana to be the naturally prettiest of all the girls, but since she’s messed with her face/weight so much, her horrible personality is definitely catching up with her weird face. Katie and Kristen have always been rather plain to me. I’m sorry, but as cute as Britney is, she just looks chunky on camera; she’s probably average-small sized in real life, since we’re just so used to seeing toothpick-sized women on camera. Stassi I thought was beautiful the first two seasons, but her mean personality and plastic surgery coupled with the overly bleached blonde hair doesn’t help her looks. LaLa would be gorgeous had she not gone for those obvious nose/boob jobs and if she’d lay off the excess makeup and that vapid blowup-doll expression in all her photos.

TomTom are both just generic LA pretty boys to me. Jax has probably aged the worst of this whole group, and maybe Peter too—-they both are bloaty now, usually look sweaty and both looked much better with more hair.

In general I  agree with everybody's comments about these ppl.  I don't think they're anything special. 

What I hate more than anything else is that Katie is nice as long as stasi isn't around. As soon as stassi came back into her life she became a bitch like stasi. 

Jax is a loser and as soon as Britney realizes that she'll be happier.  I think he just wants to Bang the woman that is supposedly helping him. He needs real, professional, help..... And I am unsure if that would even help.  At 39 he needs to grow up and grow a pair and live like an adult.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 4

I’ll be the asshole in case anyone else is wondering the same - how do we even know James is telling the truth about being bullied? Or at least to the extent his leg was broken? Did they even show a pic of him with a broken leg? It’s awful if it happened, for sure, but I have a hard time trusting James, he’s a younger version of Jax... And it’s a convenient sympathetic narrative to explain why he’s come across as he has. This is clearly his “redemption season” to get the audience to like him, imo. Possibly because the powers that be know everyone is fully hating Jax since the stupid Kentucky show and this season is only making that worse.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

, I think the boobs have spectacularly failed Brittany.

Much like everything else in her life, her boobs would have been much better off if she hadn't listened to Jax.

• Love 20

Can Sheena get  Any more egotistical??

Will anyone go and watch her in Las Vegas? Can Sheena ever go out with a guy and not think of marrying him on the 1st date? She's already been married and had the big wedding, Why doesn't she just relax. Every guy will run from her. I wonder how she felt once she saw the tape of rob saying that he didn't love her? She's been hounding jacks because she thinks he lied.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, antfitz said:

Can Sheena get  Any more egotistical??

Will anyone go and watch her in Las Vegas? Can Sheena ever go out with a guy and not think of marrying him on the 1st date? She's already been married and had the big wedding, Why doesn't she just relax. Every guy will run from her. I wonder how she felt once she saw the tape of rob saying that he didn't love her? She's been hounding jacks because she thinks he lied.

I would have loved seeing the expression on her face when she watched that tape for the first time. I can’t remember if they played it for her when she was on WWHL. She claims to not be watching the show because she’s so busy. I would imagine that she would explain it away by saying that Rob doesn’t like to talk about really personal, private matters on camera, so that’s the only reason he denied loving her as anything more than a close friend.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, antfitz said:

In general I  agree with everybody's comments about these ppl.  I don't think they're anything special. 

What I hate more than anything else is that Katie is nice as long as stasi isn't around. As soon as stassi came back into her life she became a bitch like stasi. 

Jax is a loser and as soon as Britney realizes that she'll be happier.  I think he just wants to Bang the woman that is supposedly helping him. He needs real, professional, help..... And I am unsure if that would even help.  At 39 he needs to grow up and grow a pair and live like an adult.

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I would have loved seeing the expression on her face when she watched that tape for the first time. I can’t remember if they played it for her when she was on WWHL. She claims to not be watching the show because she’s so busy. I would imagine that she would explain it away by saying that Rob doesn’t like to talk about really personal, private matters on camera, so that’s the only reason he denied loving her as anything more than a close friend.

I am with you. I would also have loved to have swatched her watch the tape.

• Love 3
On 3/31/2018 at 10:07 PM, Rebecca said:

I’ll be the asshole in case anyone else is wondering the same - how do we even know James is telling the truth about being bullied? Or at least to the extent his leg was broken? Did they even show a pic of him with a broken leg? It’s awful if it happened, for sure, but I have a hard time trusting James, he’s a younger version of Jax... And it’s a convenient sympathetic narrative to explain why he’s come across as he has. This is clearly his “redemption season” to get the audience to like him, imo. Possibly because the powers that be know everyone is fully hating Jax since the stupid Kentucky show and this season is only making that worse.

Omg I feel myself straining to fight the angel edit he's been getting. Bravo's so damn good!

Infuriating that Brittany's too dumb to see that Scheana, her supposed closest friend, is using her to dig at her bf. Ugh and the passive aggressive toast.

Dissapointed w TS playing into the jax job farce, showing awful improv. It makes me wonder how often he decides to staight up act. Him and nugget seem to have a lot of "pick up" scenes to build story and she can never be bothered lol.

On 3/31/2018 at 6:56 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Yes, I have had a very similar reaction to meeting famous people (men included)...it's not just that they are thin, but they always seem to be "smaller framed" than your average bear. I feel like even if I lost every ounce of fat on my body, my shoulder-to-shoulder length would still be ------------------- whereas famous people I've encountered are like this ---------. It's weird. Anyway, besides the bigger boobs making her look bigger in general, Britney might also be a victim of having a *gasp* "normal" frame as opposed to an unusually small one which can come off as looking "bigger" on camera. 

• Love 2
On 3/30/2018 at 7:26 PM, Rebecca said:

“I’m 5’8” and fucking gorgeous.” -Kristen    ...that still makes me laugh. As does, “it’s true, we’re all really, really good looking,” also said by Kristen. Self esteem is great but c’mon. And she’s generally considered to be the least attractive one.

Ha yeah. I think somebody forgot to give Kristen the memo that “Skinny” does not equal “Gorgeous.”

• Love 2
On 3/31/2018 at 9:28 PM, biakbiak said:

Much like everything else in her life, her boobs would have been much better off if she hadn't listened to Jax.

Yup. When I was 23 I had a boyfriend who tried to talk me into a boob job. Even said he would buy me all new clothes. I've always had super low self esteem, but he was pretty emotionally abusive and I was at my worst when I was with him. Somehow I always refused when he brought it up. I'm so glad I did. My boobs aren't perfect, but they're perfect for me! I think Brittany probably struggles with self esteem issues herself, and Jax knows just how to play her. It's infuriating at times, but also sad. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yup. When I was 23 I had a boyfriend who tried to talk me into a boob job. Even said he would buy me all new clothes. I've always had super low self esteem, but he was pretty emotionally abusive and I was at my worst when I was with him. Somehow I always refused when he brought it up. I'm so glad I did. My boobs aren't perfect, but they're perfect for me! I think Brittany probably struggles with self esteem issues herself, and Jax knows just how to play her. It's infuriating at times, but also sad. 

I’m so glad you didn’t let that boyfriend talk you into that!!! I’ve been reading your posts since forever. You seem like a really amazing, kind, sensitive, intelligent, fun  person. I hope you are realizing how fantastic you are.

• Love 8

By watching these past few episodes, I feel almost complicit, as a voyeuse, in Jax's gaslighting and verbal abuse of Brittany. (She talks to him about his cheating, he tells her that she's "not perfect either." Jax talking about how great Kelsey is and implying that Brittany can never be that kind of person. Brittany's desperate buying of gifts/throwing a party/going to Mexico for Jax's birthday, etc. etc., ad infinitum.) It makes me so, so uncomfortable.

I simultaneously want to smack her and yet pull her through the TV, hug her, and deprogram her.

• Love 8

Brittney knows exactly who and what Jax is. So does her whole family. Her Mom practically salivates around him. She got not one, but two TV shows, new boobs (which she relishes every opportunity to show off), and she's always 'the good one', 'too good for him', 'too sweet for this', and so on. I see you, Brittney.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m so glad you didn’t let that boyfriend talk you into that!!! I’ve been reading your posts since forever. You seem like a really amazing, kind, sensitive, intelligent, fun  person. I hope you are realizing how fantastic you are.

Awww, thank you so much! I, especially thank you for saying all that without feeling the need to tell me that my pussy is awesome or anything like that. ;)

Also, I cannot hang a tv. Not even in 70 minutes. But I'm good with that!

• Love 6
17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Awww, thank you so much! I, especially thank you for saying all that without feeling the need to tell me that my pussy is awesome or anything like that. ;)

Also, I cannot hang a tv. Not even in 70 minutes. But I'm good with that!

Hee, hee!  I forgot to include ‘very witty’ on the list!

• Love 1
On 3/27/2018 at 8:28 AM, backhometome said:

Sadly I can somewhat related to Kristen. I get anxiety when I travel too. I hate new places and being out of my bubble. But I sure as hell dont react like her. 

I mean this without judgement; do you travel for fun then? And if you do (and you should in whatever way works for you) do you do preemptive things to deal with the stuff that make you tense? That’s the part that seemed weird to me, if traveling gives Kristen bad anxiety why go on yet another booze cruse to Mexico? I have my suspicions that Kristen’s freakouts are more minor fairly normal travel anxiety stuff plus a ton of booze plus Kristen being an immature drama queen. In which case I can see why Stasi doesn’t want yo deal with her. On the other hand, get your own room Stasi.