Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

You're happy for Liana and Pooya together or separately? I mean are they together???

Yes Pooya and Liana met through RHAP and now they live together.

6 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Interesting. I've often wondered how many hours a week he spends watching TV /podcasting. There have been times I wonder when he eats or sleeps. I sometimes wonder if it drives his wife crazy. I know they have 2 children and she's a nurse. 

Well to be honest he does mostly podcasts regarding Survivor and BB so he knows all the seasons by heart. There are other podcasts that are made by other people. I think he must be podcasting maybe 5 hours a day which is not a lot if you think that an office job needs you to be there at least 8 hours and drive back and forth for another 2 hours. He works at home doing something he enjoys. Not gonna feel sorry for him.

8 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I'm shocked you found this out! Yes, he is super private. Sort of the opposite of Brent. 

If you listen to some recent live feeds updates he did with Jacob Jones you will listen to these things, Jacob is the only person who asks Taran private questions and surprisingly he answered them. Plus he and Jacob have a weird flirt thing going, I don't know what this is about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Melina22 said:

WHAT??! Happy dance! 😁

I love my Liana Saturday’s with Taran. It’s like my morning paper with coffee but I don’t coffee. LOL!!! I might watch the weekly one later in the evening but in general I really watch the Saturday podcast. It relaxes me. 

• Love 1

What a relief it didn't shut down this season! It was such a terrible feeling when they had to shut down the previous season of BBCan when Covid first hit. Obviously it was especially devastating for the players who were doing really well. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 1
On 8/21/2021 at 3:46 PM, JudyObscure said:

"the show, which employs about 500 people"  Wow.  Five hundred people to bring us this simple show.

Not all that shocking. You’ve got set designers, carpenters, challenge creators, grocery shoppers, editors, producers, nose swabbers etc, etc.

Then you’ve got a team to write the soundbites, another to rig challenges (but in a subtle way), a few lackeys to screw up the feeds, and let’s not forget a whole firehouse contingent to hose down the soundstage after the grubby pigs depart.

It takes a village, y’all!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Then you’ve got a team to write the soundbites, another to rig challenges (but in a subtle way), a few lackeys to screw up the feeds, and let’s not forget a whole firehouse contingent to hose down the soundstage after the grubby pigs depart.

The way I howled at this!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

and let’s not forget a whole firehouse contingent to hose down the soundstage after the grubby pigs depart.

It's BB. They probably just send in a production intern to drop a roach bomb in the living room, then call it good until construction for the next season starts eight months later.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

It's BB. They probably just send in a production intern to drop a roach bomb in the living room, then call it good until construction for the next season starts eight months later.

I think the stench of BB17 Austin's unwashed bare feet permeating the floorboards probably did the job of the roach bomb for at least two seasons. BB on a budget!

• LOL 3
9 minutes ago, himela said:

Sorry to ask, I'm not familiar with non binary people's sexual orientation.

They can be straight, gay, bi, pan, asexual, etc. Gender and sexual orientation are 2 different things. 

I don’t recall hearing Paul talking about their sexual orientation so I can’t say what it is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Janelle Pierzina

@JanellePierzina

·

Aug 22Replying to

@EvelDick

Maybe they should change the format and go back to the American public voting out like season 1? Players can still compete for HOH and Veto but the fans vote them out. Much more engaging for the viewers and we would get to have our favorites in the game longer.

Yikes.

(sorry, don’t know how to copy the original Twitter formatting)

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Yikes.

That is the worst idea ever! Players trying harder to be liked by “America” than playing the game is not going to fix anything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Yikes.

I could be misremembering, but I seem to recall that the original European BB relied on the viewership voting people out, but American BB abandoned this way of doing things after some European BB contestants committed suicide because they were so devastated by their whole country getting to know them then voting them out. It made it the ultimate popularity contest. 

I think BBUS abandoned it because the public voted out the interesting people and left all the boring ones in so the show was boring lol.

It might be interesting to see them implement the BBOTT format on the main show and see how that works out. 

Or have America vote for who gets HOH as opposed to who gets evicted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Or have America vote for who gets HOH as opposed to who gets evicted.

Now this is a good idea. It would be fun to watch and unlikely to cause any suicides. 😁

About time. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but the BBCan house is like a mansion compared to the BB US house, even though there's no way they have the BB US budget. 

I'd love to see them in a new, spacious house with a decent yard and walls that don't look like they'll fall down if someone leans on them. That alone would help inject some life into the game. (Although to be fair, I'm happy with this season, but the house is so old and claustrophobic.) 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

'd love to see them in a new, spacious house with a decent yard and walls that don't look like they'll fall down if someone leans on them.

That just made me remember when Fessy broke the HOH sink.  Lol, good times.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Melina22 said:

About time. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but the BBCan house is like a mansion compared to the BB US house, even though there's no way they have the BB US budget. 

I wasn't a fan. I thought the BBCAN house looked like it was an abandoned Zellers. It was very warehouse-y and cold and looked like it had enough room to host a couple of big raves back in the day. The lighting was atrocious but that might be because it's a Canadian show - there's something about the lighting in Canadian shows that is very distinctly Canadian and I don't know what it is but it bugs.

10 hours ago, leocadia said:

That just made me remember when Fessy broke the HOH sink.  Lol, good times.

sink.gif

Haleigh's flat look of "Really?" after it happened was the moment she realized that she was stuck with that goober in the house.

• LOL 8

BB Australia votes among three finalists. Their credo is 'Who Wins? You decide.'

It's like watching an entirely different show comparatively though. It's always 3 hg's on the block, and there is no veto or HoH room. Their Big Brother is an actual person that converses with HGs and 'runs' the game. I vastly prefer it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I do wish they’d kind of try to mix it up a bit, maybe bring in some elements of the international shows. Or try other little things, like not announcing vote totals or having a smaller cast. Like these stupid ass twists they come up with are not the way to reinvigorate this stale show lol.

• Love 11
On 8/23/2021 at 8:22 PM, Melina22 said:

I'd love to see them in a new, spacious house with a decent yard and walls that don't look like they'll fall down if someone leans on them. That alone would help inject some life into the game. (Although to be fair, I'm happy with this season, but the house is so old and claustrophobic.) 

Oh my God, what you described is the seventh circle of hell.

Where is the extended interview of Derek X with Julie Chen? I've never watched the extra interviews before, but I wanted to see Derek's goodbye messages and I can't find. Looked on the CBS site and tried Google with no luck. Thanks for any info. 

• Love 2

Aw, those were lovely goodbye messages. You could see how they were trying to cushion the blow of him finding out about the CO, to protect his feelings.

I don't usually like SB but I have to admit her message was humble. (TM JCM). "You're smarter, more athletic and more likeable than me." I know there was some strategy to the message but I also think she was just telling the truth, which shows a lot of self awareness. It's a nice change from players who think they can do no wrong. 

• Love 5

The exit interview is up at JU.  I haven’t watched any other interviews except this one and I’m glad I did. 

At one point I think I’m the season or somewhere he said he didn’t think his parents knew the real him. I think he’s wrong on that.  They know and they are proud.  Great things ahead for him.

• Love 4

Is that the full interview on the post above? Or just goodbye messages? Where is the exit interview on what I'm assuming is Joker's Updates (JU)? I looked in media and didn't see it. Can anyone provide link to where this interview lives? Thanks, it's much appreciated. I never cared to figure this out before, but I love Derek X and I was sad to see him go, even though I am enjoying the Cookout.

Edited to add: Thank you for the help. 

Edited by Kirby
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Interview with Julie:

Thanks for posting this. So that's where Dalton Ross is now! 

So Julie loves both Dereks. I knew she loved Derex but I'm surprised how much she loves Deref, partly because, according to her, he loves God so much. I have no objection to Julie going all religious, but it still feels really weird. 

Nonetheless, I'd never want anyone else to replace her. We've stuck with her since she really was the Chenbot. BB wouldn't be the same if we couldn't joke about her quirks, and occasionally bizarre outfits. (Much like Jeff Probst who I never want to leave.) This ultra religious phase is just one more colour added to her entertainment palette. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Thanks for posting this. So that's where Dalton Ross is now! 

So Julie loves both Dereks. I knew she loved Derex but I'm surprised how much she loves Deref, partly because, according to her, he loves God so much. I have no objection to Julie going all religious, but it still feels really weird. 

Nonetheless, I'd never want anyone else to replace her. We've stuck with her since she really was the Chenbot. BB wouldn't be the same if we couldn't joke about her quirks, and occasionally bizarre outfits. (Much like Jeff Probst who I never want to leave.) This ultra religious phase is just one more colour added to her entertainment palette. 

Yeah, Julie has found religion way too much. Julie is all in on theDerekF train is pretty shocking to me. I know she doesn’t watch the feeds or the show but she she must have heard that he hasn’t done anything in this game. I usually like the underdog but he’s not even underdog worthy. He’s lucky he’s been a great alliance. That said, he’ll probably win. LOL!!!

On 8/28/2021 at 4:56 AM, icemiser69 said:

All they would have to do is cut out all of the predictably fake nonsense about the intended target for eviction possibly having a chance to stay in the house.

This got me to thinking: when was the last time we saw an actual vote flip?  I can’t immediately recall.

• Love 1

Interesting read over on Hamsterwatch right now. Her cast assessment at the moment has to be by far the most positive I've ever seen her give, with not a single hamster in her bad books. I was very gratified to see she enjoys Azah as much as I do, and for the same reasons. (I was starting to feel like a voice in the wilderness.) 

• Love 2
On 9/2/2021 at 4:13 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

Dayvonne will always be irritating outside the house. 

I loved Da’vonne so much inside the house. But since then? She can detach and go away any time she wants.  I don’t think she’ll be missed.

• Love 3

Err, even though I don't think much of Da'Vonne as a player, Cody decided to bash her pretty hard on his podcast yesterday. He claimed that she was not at all a factor or motivation behind any of the member of the Cookout forming, which I know isn't true, and he said it with a fair bit of contempt.

I don't blame her for being pissed and tweeting about it, especially when Cody essentially won last season by having Derrick and Paulie set up a boatload of pre-gamed alliances for him.

Edited by jsm1125
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5