Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Melina22 said:

I can't imagine how bad she must feel watching the show now. If she's watching. And I can't blame her if she isn't. 😕

I wonder if they will consider bringing her on next season...

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

I wonder if they will consider bringing her on next season...

If it turns out she never actually had Covid, I wouldn't be surprised 😁

• Love 1

Just saw the exit interview with Travis on RHAP. And, he seemed like a perfectly nice guy with a gift for gab. He had funny takes on some of the HG which were pretty spot on. Had he been more of a student of the game he might have gone further. I didn’t have a hard yay or nay on Travis in the house but after the interview I actually like him. 

• Love 4

I saw it too, and I agree with your assessment. Rob and Taran really liked talking to him. He's a weird mix of goofy/eccentric and very business-like. Definitely intelligent. 

• Love 1

Travis looked like the stereotypical bro dude that I despise, but he never really acted like one IMO. He wasn’t the best player, but I don’t think he was stupid, and he seemed to get on well with a lot of different personality types. I also like that he was not afraid to act goofy or look ridiculous. I definitely would have preferred to keep him over Alyssa.

I wish the show would change the format to exclude evictions in the first week. They could make up for it by evicting 2 in the second week, if needed. This would give more time for substantive early strategy talks and, given more time to get to know one another, maybe the first boot wouldn’t be so incidental.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

Article about Asah's sister:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/16/gigi-hadid-viral-post-nyc-model-nanga-awasum-career-boost-booking-gigs/

The New York City model who went viral for her chic outfit is finding work easier to come by now, thanks to her biggest fan ... Gigi Hadid.

Here's the deal ... Gigi was riding around NYC Thursday when she saw a woman crossing a street, and she snapped a pic and posted it on her Instagram story, saying the woman was her "inspiration of the day."

The woman in the photo is a model herself, Nanga Awasum, who tells TMZ ... Gigi's viral post is quickly helping her book new gigs, including a job with Maybelline and a brand ambassador partnership with Nasty Gal.

Nanga also tells us a pair of major modeling agencies reached out to try to sign her ... and folks on Twitter are petitioning to get her on "Gossip Girl," because she's tweeted about wanting to act on the show.

Fun fact: Nanga's sister, Azah Awasum, won't hear the big Gigi news for a while ... she's currently in the "Big Brother" house.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 2

That's so interesting! I've mentioned on the show thread more than once how I'm not a fan of how in the past, on BB and BBCan, all the women felt obligated to enter the house in tiny, skintight cocktail dresses and stilettos so high they could hardly walk. They looked sooo uncomfortable, and I was glad most didn't this season. Except for Azah who wore a little orange dress and sky-high stilettos. 

The difference was that Azah looked wonderful and so comfortable, like she was a model. Now it turns out her sister's a model! If she's anything like Azah, I'll bet she's amazing. And yet Azah doesn't seem at all conceited or "The other women must hate me because I'm so beautiful." I really like her. 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

That's such a cool story, though as an old-school, privacy-loving weirdo, the idea that someone can just post a pic of someone and make it go viral is still so crazy. But obviously her face wasn't shown, and it worked out great for Nanga! She is a stunner, and looks like a NYC high fashion model. 

I'm really liking Azah so far, and hopefully she doesn't hear about this anytime soon because she stays in the BB house :)

• Love 2

In less horrifying news, I'm enjoying this season so much with Taran and RHAP. Almost everyone on the podcast thinks this could possibly be the best casting ever. Some of the podcasts have been so upbeat and funny. Way more than usual. I'm not complaining! 

• Love 2
(edited)

Nicole Franzel and Victor Arroyo had their baby (Instagram link). E! Online story because Us Weekly can kiss my ass with their shitty website.

The baby is named Victor Arroyo IV but they are calling him Arrow presumably to avoid confusion with his father (I believe they also considered the nickname Four because... well, we should just be impressed that they know basic Roman numerals). Arrow Arroyo. It sounds like a bad soap opera name from the 80s and it's about 50/50 on whether he'll get razzed for it at school. There may only be one other kid in Arrow's grade but still. Congrats to the happy couple, may he get Victor's voice as well as his name.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Azah, Whitney, Tiffani, and Sarah Beth didn't go so well in that gender-bender exercise, but I think those sorts of things tend to go better male to female than the the other way around.  It is also dependent on any tweaking the person doing the bending chooses to do, so assuming the bottom left is the male version of Tiffani, that was really poorly done.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/26/2021 at 1:19 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Derek F.

Christian looks like the oldest daughter on The Waltons. Brent looks like Bethenny on Real Housewives of New York. 

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 3
(edited)
35 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Dr Will is getting a divorce. 

"Our relationship is stronger than ever, just not in the traditional sense." Yup. Nothing says "We've never been so happy! " like filing for divorce. 

I was surprised they'd only been married for 4 years. Maybe I missed a couple of his wives. 

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 8

I watched a short but fascinating RHAP exit interview with Brent this morning. It was unlike any other one I've seen them do. 

Brent was extremely low key and soft-spoken, and as unable to read social cues as ever, even though he spent a lot of interview explaining how well he reads social cues. He was oblivious to the fact that Rob spent the whole thing subtly shading him by using his own words to make fun of him. I kept looking at his and Taran's faces to see if they were trying not to laugh, but they kept their expressions completely bland. 

But I was sure they'd crack up when Rob asked Brent why he was voted out and Brent basically said, "Because of my muscles." So he was stereotyped as a meat head in his mind, but otherwise his game was flawless. 

Rob asked him why he was such a good lipreader (again, without a smirk) and Brent revealed he was deaf for awhile and had to learn it. 

He showed zero awareness of the fact that people in the house didn't like him. It was very weird. I don't think he'd been online before the interview. Man, is he in for a shock! 

• Love 1
On 7/16/2021 at 9:42 PM, HartofDixie said:

Travis social media:
instagram- travisgarretlong
tiktok- travisgarretlong

Frenchie social media:
twitter- farmerFRENCHIE
tiktok- lifewith_frenchie

Brent social media:
instagram- flywithchampagne

• Useful 1

No wonder Rob Cesternino kicked Brent out of rhap. They muted me in their youtube channel because I said that I find Melissa's voice annoying. And I'm a fan of the podcast for over 5 years, listening to Taran's live feeds updates every day, even since Jordan Parhar and Ian were doing podcasts and this is how they treat their fans. They don't even let you join the chat if you are not a member. So disappointing. Rob forgets that nobody is irreplaceable.

18 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Do you mean you're not allowed to type comments? 

I can type them but if I log out I don't see these comments. I know on YouTube the owner of the channel can mute someone's comments (in case they use bad words etc). And I was wondering why nobody is replying to my comments about the game. :(

17 minutes ago, himela said:

And I was wondering why nobody is replying to my comments about the game. :(

Are you sure it was because of your remark about Melissa? Could it be something else or a mistake? 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Are you sure it was because of your remark about Melissa? Could it be something else or a mistake? 

All my other comments were about the game or about how much I enjoyed the podcast. The only negative thing I wrote was about finding Melissa's voice annoying which I think is my right to say. I guess they don't want any negative criticism.

Edited by himela

I know Rob runs a tight ship. Or, to paraphrase Kristen Wiig, he runs a very strict podcast. 😁 I've often seen guest hosts apologize for accidentally swearing on the podcast, and Rob says, "Hey, this is a family podcast!" He's definitely in charge. 

I'm trying to remember why Brent got fired. (And boy, is he bitter about it!) It wasn't for swearing or his opinions, more for something he did that breached a guest's privacy. I think it was Tyler and Angela. I miss Brent but I understand the need for Rob to have some strong rules. 

If you really were muted over your comment, it's possible Rob has a zero tolerance policy for any criticisms of his guest hosts about things they can't help, like looks or voice. (I'm just speculating.) I'm always on RHAP but I never comment for some reason, so I've never looked for the rules. As a loyal listener, I wonder if you can appeal, or if there's a time limit? (I'm super sensitive to bad voices on podcasts, so I get your criticism.) 

Any way, sorry it happened to you. So annoying. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I know Rob runs a tight ship. Or, to paraphrase Kristen Wiig, he runs a very strict podcast. 😁 I've often seen guest hosts apologize for accidentally swearing on the podcast, and Rob says, "Hey, this is a family podcast!" He's definitely in charge. 

I'm trying to remember why Brent got fired. (And boy, is he bitter about it!) It wasn't for swearing or his opinions, more for something he did that breached a guest's privacy. I think it was Tyler and Angela. I miss Brent but I understand the need for Rob to have some strong rules. 

If you really were muted over your comment, it's possible Rob has a zero tolerance policy for any criticisms of his guest hosts about things they can't help, like looks or voice. (I'm just speculating.) I'm always on RHAP but I never comment for some reason, so I've never looked for the rules. As a loyal listener, I wonder if you can appeal, or if there's a time limit? (I'm super sensitive to bad voices on podcasts, so I get your criticism.) 

Any way, sorry it happened to you. So annoying. 

Brent said Tyler was gay a few years ago. But he claimed Tyler and Angela broke up which is why both were off social media well it turned out they were on a social media hiatus because Tyler proposed. 

• Useful 2

I guess Rob wants his hosts to have a certain degree of credibility. If they're just throwing out theories about the private lives of the HG's, or stuff they saw online, that does remove a certain amount of professionalism. I mean they all speculate all the time on the podcasts about what they think will happen on BB, but not on what's happening in the guests' private lives, I don't think. Unless it's something positive and it's verifiable public knowledge. 

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I guess Rob wants his hosts to have a certain degree of credibility. If they're just throwing out theories about the private lives of the HG's, or stuff they saw online, that does remove a certain amount of professionalism. I mean they all speculate all the time on the podcasts about what they think will happen on BB, but not on what's happening in the guests' private lives, I don't think. Unless it's something positive and it's verifiable public knowledge. 

It also ruins relationships with houseguests/contestants. Tyler refused to do his podcast. 

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, himela said:

No wonder Rob Cesternino kicked Brent out of rhap. They muted me in their youtube channel because I said that I find Melissa's voice annoying. And I'm a fan of the podcast for over 5 years, listening to Taran's live feeds updates every day, even since Jordan Parhar and Ian were doing podcasts and this is how they treat their fans. They don't even let you join the chat if you are not a member. So disappointing. Rob forgets that nobody is irreplaceable.

It’s funny I never even think of her voice. Usually, vocal fry woman drive me up all. Anyhoo, I think she is so pretty & has the cutest laugh. I also like that they’ve had a woman’s point of view for so long. That said, I agree you have a right to your opinion. I’ve been listening to RHAP for years. I would say probably from the beginning. I’m not apart of patron group though. I’m not into anyone that much to be in a patron group. I’m weird that way. LOL!!!

• Love 3

I'm weirdly excited to be discussing RHAP with you all. I've been a loyal listener to Rob and Taran's BB recaps (also Survivor) forever. It's part of my BB routine which I really miss between seasons, but not one person in my personal life listens to them, although my husband and one of my daughters like BB. I'm not a patron either and never comment. So basically, I'm no good to Rob at all, except I guess I add to his views. 😁

11 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It’s funny I never even think of her voice.

Same. Her voice doesn't bother me. But as I said before, I know what it's like to be annoyed by a podcaster's voice, and it's the worst. If her voice annoys you, then it annoys you. No one can disagree. 

I'm always curious about the various hosts. Like Taran and Melissa just moved. Why? Where? Does Taran live alone? I'm so nosy! (I don't actually expect answers to any of these questions.) 

I hope they appreciate my completely invisible loyalty and devotion. 😁

• Useful 1
22 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I'm weirdly excited to be discussing RHAP with you all. I've been a loyal listener to Rob and Taran's BB recaps (also Survivor) forever. It's part of my BB routine which I really miss between seasons, but not one person in my personal life listens to them, although my husband and one of my daughters like BB. I'm not a patron either and never comment. So basically, I'm no good to Rob at all, except I guess I add to his views. 😁

Same. Her voice doesn't bother me. But as I said before, I know what it's like to be annoyed by a podcaster's voice, and it's the worst. If her voice annoys you, then it annoys you. No one can disagree. 

I'm always curious about the various hosts. Like Taran and Melissa just moved. Why? Where? Does Taran live alone? I'm so nosy! (I don't actually expect answers to any of these questions.) 

I hope they appreciate my completely invisible loyalty and devotion. 😁

I did laugh the other night when Melissaaa (with 3 A’s) said she had move, too. I was all, “Why? Where. Why?”. LOL!!! I really missed them over their Survivor (and, Survivor itself) coverage. I didn’t watch/listen to their 40 season list. I only watch RHAP for current Survivor and BB updates. I don’t follow any of the other podcast. I’m old (56) and, don’t watch the other reality shows. Although, I was shocked when Rob fired/didn’t want Brent W. to return. I know he had his fans and haters. I was just surprised after all these years that he left. Anyway, I’ll be watching and not commenting. Of course, if people didn’t comment on the show in real time he would get the questions. There is something for everyone. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Melina22 said:

As a loyal listener, I wonder if you can appeal, or if there's a time limit?

Nah I don't care that much, not many people read the youtube comments anyway.

Rob is funny and he has chosen great people (I love 90% of them and I always used to write nice comments which is why I was sad to see I was muted) but you can tell that he sees this as a job and not as something fun anymore and this bothers me. I only listen to the Taran's live feeds updates podcasts. My favorite is Liana, she is such a classy and beautiful smart woman and I'm happy for her and Pooya. I also like Mary a lot.

6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I also like that they’ve had a woman’s point of view for so long.

They have many women now.

7 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I mean they all speculate all the time on the podcasts about what they think will happen on BB, but not on what's happening in the guests' private lives, I don't think.

Taran is a person who doesn't like gossip so he never comments on what happens after people are voted out or the game is over. Even when there were times that we were expecting something important to happen after the finale, you could see that Brent wanted to talk about it and Taran didn't. Taran is a very private person himself. Only recently have I found out that he has a younger sister and a couple of older brothers and sisters but he only grew up with his younger sister. Other than that I know nothing about his life.

Talking about podcasts I like Matt and Jess Carter, they are amazing people. You can search for them on youtube. There is also the weekly podcast with Brent and Bobby of course.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, himela said:

My favorite is Liana, she is such a classy and beautiful smart woman and I'm happy for her and Pooya. I also like Mary a lot.

You're happy for Liana and Pooya together or separately? I mean are they together??? For all the hours I've listened to these people discuss BB, I know less than nothing about them. Oh, I think Melissa is a lawyer with a dog and a boyfriend 😁

you can tell that he sees this as a job and not as something fun anymore

Interesting. I've often wondered how many hours a week he spends watching TV /podcasting. There have been times I wonder when he eats or sleeps. I sometimes wonder if it drives his wife crazy. I know they have 2 children and she's a nurse. 

Taran is a very private person himself. Only recently have I found out that he has a younger sister and a couple of older brothers and sisters but he only grew up with his younger sister. Other than that I know nothing about his life.

I'm shocked you found this out! Yes, he is super private. Sort of the opposite of Brent.