Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Stinger97

BB in the Media: Outside the Fishbowl

Recommended Posts


12 hours ago, leocadia said:

They removed BB16, but not BB15?  Sounds like wires were crossed somewhere.  (Or Nicole wanted revenge on Derrick/Cody, lol)

The gossip seems to be that it's because of Derrick having been involved in the shooting of a POC when he was a cop.

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm working from home again for another summer so I'm looking forward to morning live feeds and telling you when people are up and what's in the refrigerator. 

Yay!

I'm assuming it'll premiere when it usually does, end of June. I'm hoping maybe they at least wait until early July though, like the old days, and cut the season back even just a week. It's too damn long!

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yay!

I'm assuming it'll premiere when it usually does, end of June. I'm hoping maybe they at least wait until early July though, like the old days, and cut the season back even just a week. It's too damn long!

I hope they bring in all new house guests, without the vets. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/22/2021 at 9:41 AM, peachmangosteen said:

The gossip seems to be that it's because of Derrick having been involved in the shooting of a POC when he was a cop.

I just went down the rabbit hole on this and really can't find much information.  He and his partner shot a man who was wielding a knife.  I can't seem to find any details beyond that and the fact that a grand jury cleared them (which doesn't mean much to me one way or another).

Share this post


Link to post

The fact that Derrick shot and killed a POC when he was a cop has been known since he was on BB16. But I guess now TPTB are like:

comedy central brooke dubek GIF by The Other Two

It is odd to me that they've left BB15 up.

I actually just went to check and BB16 is back up. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Glad to see it's back to starting in July. Hopefully it still ends in late September so the season is just a bit shorter than usual.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

That is not what I was saying at all but in any case they’ve put BB16 back up so the whole thing might have just been a glitch.

I am absolutely not looking forward to the new season but I know I will watch it and hate myself. Every terrible season since BB15 has had me hoping I could quit but not having the willpower to do it lol.

I am somewhat interested in what casting will be like though now that Robyn Kass and her horribleness are gone and CBS is actually going for diversity. I mean, consciously I know it will still be a horrible cast but still!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That is not what I was saying at all but in any case they’ve put BB16 back up so the whole thing might have just been a glitch.

I am absolutely not looking forward to the new season but I know I will watch it and hate myself. Every terrible season since BB15 has had me hoping I could quit but not having the willpower to do it lol.

I am somewhat interested in what casting will be like though now that Robyn Kass and her horribleness are gone and CBS is actually going for diversity. I mean, consciously I know it will still be a horrible cast but still!

Oops. Sorry. I misunderstood. Who was on season 15? I forget a day or two after they end. Off to look it up.

OK. I looked it up and I'm glad I forgot that season. They sucked. 

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/29/2021 at 2:57 PM, peachmangosteen said:

That is not what I was saying at all but in any case they’ve put BB16 back up so the whole thing might have just been a glitch.

I am absolutely not looking forward to the new season but I know I will watch it and hate myself. Every terrible season since BB15 has had me hoping I could quit but not having the willpower to do it lol.

I am somewhat interested in what casting will be like though now that Robyn Kass and her horribleness are gone and CBS is actually going for diversity. I mean, consciously I know it will still be a horrible cast but still!

I'm not really sure if I'm really in the mood for a new crop of awful people. But yeah, maybe it will be a little better with Kass gone if they can start casting actual people instead of their set personalities. Sigh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Besides better casting, it would help immensely if they stopped with the scripted DRs.

"SO, I WALK INTO THE BACKYARD..."

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Besides better casting, it would help immensely if they stopped with the scripted DRs.

That would be a HUGE improvement. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

You can't make this stuff up! But why on earth would he stalk Dr Will? 

This is vindicating in a way for people who thought he must be a terrible person and a sociopath, way back when he thought it would be funny to dupe Erica into thinking he was going to marry her, right on national TV. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

33 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

You can't make this stuff up! But why on earth would he stalk Dr Will?

He had wanted to go on The Amazing Race with Will but Will didn’t want to go and Boogie flipped out about that. But also, you know, drugs and stuff lol.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I remember Will and Mike on BB. It was obvious Will was the mastermind, the more interesting of the two to watch who realized the ridiculousness of the show. Mike made a career of being on reality TV. Will is now married, with kids and set in his career. I can see why he wouldn’t want to do the show. Mike is probably broke and needed the money from The Amazing Race. Other than drugs, I cannot imagine what was going Mike’s head to behave in this manner.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

And here I thought that wearing a powder blue leather basketball jersey while proposing to Krista on the BB 2 finale was the worst crime Boogie would ever commit....

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi. Long time lurker who has finally decided to get the feeds this season.  Do we now have to go through Paramount instead of CBS itself to sign up?  Sorry if this is a dumb question.  Just want to get all set up before the season starts.  Thanks!

 

Edited by karriemom
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Iguana said:

And here I thought that wearing a powder blue leather basketball jersey while proposing to Krista on the BB 2 finale was the worst crime Boogie would ever commit....

A BEDAZZLED powder blue leather basketball jersey. That said CHILLTOWN.

 

  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

OMG. That’s right. I claim PTSD. My brain wiped out the bedazzled part in an effort to blunt the trauma. 

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

OMG OMG OMG I saw something advertising a new season (I purged my social medias of me while Quarantine 2020 rolled into Quarantine 2021 and I'm sure they're thrilled but I had to start watching the news instead of just reading the headlines on FB, like what, this is 1960 again up in here?) and I immediately came running here to catch up on all the news and all of you beautiful people that I missed. Franzel is having a whiny voiced boy? And Boogie didn't get away with it? AND WE GET A NEW KASSTING FREE SEASON?! 'Fess up, which one of you sacrificed Frankie Grande to the BB Gods? It's okay, we'll cover for you - I'm sure at least three of us can cook up an alibi for you. (It wasn't me, the border has been closed forever and I only have my first shot.)

 

On 6/3/2021 at 6:46 PM, Alice Mudgarden said:

A BEDAZZLED powder blue leather basketball jersey. That said CHILLTOWN.

I love this place. Because I love coming across sentences like this that, without context, are fucking hilarious. And are also fucking hilarious with context. Heh. Although honestly, I feel like this sentence could apply to a young Justin Timberlake, too. That's probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said about Boogie. I'm so sorry.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Dang.  July 7th.  I woke up this morning all excited to check in here and join my peeps in anticipation of hate-watching and I realize I have to wait another month for that.  Sigh. 

~waves~  Hi everybody!  I can't wait to snark with you!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/6/2021 at 7:22 AM, Callaphera said:

I love this place. Because I love coming across sentences like this that, without context, are fucking hilarious. And are also fucking hilarious with context. Heh.

"FALL IN YOUR PEE!!" I remembered this a couple of days ago. I think there were, what, at least three pages of us begging Jackson (Watermelonhead) to do this? And he did! Good times.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

"FALL IN YOUR PEE!!" I remembered this a couple of days ago. I think there were, what, at least three pages of us begging Jackson (Watermelonhead) to do this? And he did! Good times.

Imagine it being your first time giving the live feeds thread a chance and it was in the middle of that competition? Just a bunch of insane looking posts repeatedly shouting FALL IN YOUR PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and then the overjoyed cheering when it happened?

We probably looked like the (lovable) nutbars that we are.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/3/2021 at 4:10 PM, karriemom said:

Just want to get all set up before the season starts.  Thanks!

I'm afraid I can't answer your question. I just wanted to welcome you to the world of BB obsession. It's hard for me to remember, after so many months of not even checking the BB thread, that before long I'll be checking it obsessively for news of a bunch of strangers I probably wouldn't even want to know IRL. Then suddenly, it's all over, and we have all this extra time on our hands. Until the next season. 

It's not too late to save yourself. 😁

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I hope there is someone else named after a city. I had lots of fun renaming Memphis last year.

I'm looking forward to the fun!

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/3/2021 at 3:10 PM, karriemom said:

Hi. Long time lurker who has finally decided to get the feeds this season.  Do we now have to go through Paramount instead of CBS itself to sign up?  Sorry if this is a dumb question.  Just want to get all set up before the season starts.  Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that the feeds will be part of Paramount+ this season so if you are fully ready for your life to be ruined then sign up for Paramount+ lol!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I hope there is someone else named after a city. I had lots of fun renaming Memphis last year.

I'm looking forward to the fun!

Finding out all of the interesting names of cities in Tennessee was the most educational I think the show has ever been.

Naturally, the show itself had nothing to do with that.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Finding out all of the interesting names of cities in Tennessee was the most educational I think the show has ever been.

Naturally, the show itself had nothing to do with that.

I just annoyed the hell out of my husband by singing the chorus of “Walking in Memphis” every time Memphis appeared on screen

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/9/2021 at 7:37 AM, Lamb18 said:

I hope there is someone else named after a city. I had lots of fun renaming Memphis last year.

Or a holiday. I’m sure there are plenty of observances we left on the table. National Pissing Day, anyone? (No, really. Second Saturday in March.)

On 6/9/2021 at 4:13 AM, Melina22 said:

It's hard for me to remember, after so many months of not even checking the BB thread, that before long I'll be checking it obsessively for news of a bunch of strangers I probably wouldn't even want to know IRL. Then suddenly, it's all over, and we have all this extra time on our hands. Until the next season. 

It's not too late to save yourself. 😁

Oh, yes it is. One of us. One of us. There’s no escape.

The cupboard is stocked with popcorn, and there’s a case of wine in the fridge. I’m ready to go!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

It’s official!  I have signed up for Paramount+ and will be joining dark side as a feeds watcher!  I’m ready for BB to take over my life and to join in the snark with you wonderful people!

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

@peachmangosteen flirted with leaving but in the end?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116a287653010883c21f

Every fucking season I try to get out but no you all just pull me back in. DAMMIT!

6 minutes ago, karriemom said:

It’s official!  I have signed up for Paramount+ and will be joining dark side as a feeds watcher!  I’m ready for BB to take over my life and to join in the snark with you wonderful people!

It's always nice to see other people's lives dragged down with the rest of us. Misery loves company!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

Ah, Jackson. The square-headed, urine-stained mama's boy with his secret Xanax addiction and Preferred Status watermelons. My world is a better place with him wholly off my radar.

I'm torn about the new season. I actually quit the broadcast show last year because I got bored watching, uh, [checks Google] Cody's slow march to victory, so this could be my best chance for a clean break. OTOH, I want to be cautiously optimistic about a Kass-free cast, so it's kind of a tossup, LOL.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

Ah, Jackson. The square-headed, urine-stained mama's boy with his secret Xanax addiction and Preferred Status watermelons. My world is a better place with him wholly off my radar.

I'm torn about the new season. I actually quit the broadcast show last year because I got bored watching, uh, [checks Google] Cody's slow march to victory, so this could be my best chance for a clean break. OTOH, I want to be cautiously optimistic about a Kass-free cast, so it's kind of a tossup, LOL.

After Janelle was evicted I stopped watching the broadcasts and just read the live feeds thread. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Big Brother, Bachelor in Paradise, Love After Lockup, Married At First Sight, Real Housewives...so many dealers supplying my summer crack fix! Thank you reality TV gods for thy bounty! 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

45 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

Big Brother, Bachelor in Paradise, Love After Lockup, Married At First Sight, Real Housewives...so many dealers supplying my summer crack fix! Thank you reality TV gods for thy bounty! 

I'm in on all of them with the exception of RHW!  I just can't anymore!  They are all so fake,, catered to, drama queens.

I'm also a bit Survivor fan.

I've watched BB since season one!  I can only remember some of the popular ones!

Can't wait for it to start!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if this is like a refutable source or not but:

And Janelle's advice for the new HGs:

It's a whole thread.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/11/2021 at 5:07 PM, karriemom said:

It’s official!  I have signed up for Paramount+ and will be joining dark side as a feeds watcher!  I’m ready for BB to take over my life and to join in the snark with you wonderful people!

I have never signed up for the live feeds, and don't think I ever will.  I just watch the televised episodes, which I guess don't always accurately portray what is actually going on in the house.

Perhaps if they had an all nude season, I might change my mind and sign up for the feeds.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I just watch the televised episodes, which I guess don't always accurately portray what is actually going on in the house.

More like the episodes never accurately portray what’s actually going on lol.

  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/13/2021 at 8:03 AM, Scout Finch said:

After Janelle was evicted I stopped watching the broadcasts and just read the live feeds thread. 

That's what happened with me last year. I felt like all the people I liked were kicked out early and it was just super boring and dull. I really hope things are different this year.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

That's what happened with me last year. I felt like all the people I liked were kicked out early and it was just super boring and dull. I really hope things are different this year.

I don't think it had even reached the halfway point in the season before all of the people I liked or could stand had been evicted. It seems like they all went in a row and I don't recall anyone I fervently wished would go home ever did during that time. Janelle was the last straw for me! For several seasons, I've no longer watched all three episodes each week or fast forward through things I already know from the live feeds, but I never missed the evictions on Thursday nights. But last year, after Janey went home, I couldn't even stomach doing that because I'd just be hate-watching everyone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

More like the episodes never accurately portray what’s actually going on lol.

That's how I end up rooting for those who are all kinds of horrible.   I don't get to see how they are acting in real time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

20 days until the premiere!

I hope the rumor about a live move in is true but I really hope it doesn't mean we don't get to meet the cast beforehand.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size