Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

"FALL IN YOUR PEE!!" I remembered this a couple of days ago. I think there were, what, at least three pages of us begging Jackson (Watermelonhead) to do this? And he did! Good times.

Imagine it being your first time giving the live feeds thread a chance and it was in the middle of that competition? Just a bunch of insane looking posts repeatedly shouting FALL IN YOUR PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and then the overjoyed cheering when it happened?

We probably looked like the (lovable) nutbars that we are.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 6/3/2021 at 4:10 PM, karriemom said:

Just want to get all set up before the season starts.  Thanks!

I'm afraid I can't answer your question. I just wanted to welcome you to the world of BB obsession. It's hard for me to remember, after so many months of not even checking the BB thread, that before long I'll be checking it obsessively for news of a bunch of strangers I probably wouldn't even want to know IRL. Then suddenly, it's all over, and we have all this extra time on our hands. Until the next season. 

It's not too late to save yourself. 😁

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 6/3/2021 at 3:10 PM, karriemom said:

Hi. Long time lurker who has finally decided to get the feeds this season.  Do we now have to go through Paramount instead of CBS itself to sign up?  Sorry if this is a dumb question.  Just want to get all set up before the season starts.  Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that the feeds will be part of Paramount+ this season so if you are fully ready for your life to be ruined then sign up for Paramount+ lol!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I hope there is someone else named after a city. I had lots of fun renaming Memphis last year.

I'm looking forward to the fun!

Finding out all of the interesting names of cities in Tennessee was the most educational I think the show has ever been.

Naturally, the show itself had nothing to do with that.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Finding out all of the interesting names of cities in Tennessee was the most educational I think the show has ever been.

Naturally, the show itself had nothing to do with that.

I just annoyed the hell out of my husband by singing the chorus of “Walking in Memphis” every time Memphis appeared on screen

• LOL 4
On 6/9/2021 at 7:37 AM, Lamb18 said:

I hope there is someone else named after a city. I had lots of fun renaming Memphis last year.

Or a holiday. I’m sure there are plenty of observances we left on the table. National Pissing Day, anyone? (No, really. Second Saturday in March.)

On 6/9/2021 at 4:13 AM, Melina22 said:

It's hard for me to remember, after so many months of not even checking the BB thread, that before long I'll be checking it obsessively for news of a bunch of strangers I probably wouldn't even want to know IRL. Then suddenly, it's all over, and we have all this extra time on our hands. Until the next season. 

It's not too late to save yourself. 😁

Oh, yes it is. One of us. One of us. There’s no escape.

The cupboard is stocked with popcorn, and there’s a case of wine in the fridge. I’m ready to go!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

It’s official!  I have signed up for Paramount+ and will be joining dark side as a feeds watcher!  I’m ready for BB to take over my life and to join in the snark with you wonderful people!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

@peachmangosteen flirted with leaving but in the end?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116a287653010883c21f

Every fucking season I try to get out but no you all just pull me back in. DAMMIT!

6 minutes ago, karriemom said:

It’s official!  I have signed up for Paramount+ and will be joining dark side as a feeds watcher!  I’m ready for BB to take over my life and to join in the snark with you wonderful people!

It's always nice to see other people's lives dragged down with the rest of us. Misery loves company!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Ah, Jackson. The square-headed, urine-stained mama's boy with his secret Xanax addiction and Preferred Status watermelons. My world is a better place with him wholly off my radar.

I'm torn about the new season. I actually quit the broadcast show last year because I got bored watching, uh, [checks Google] Cody's slow march to victory, so this could be my best chance for a clean break. OTOH, I want to be cautiously optimistic about a Kass-free cast, so it's kind of a tossup, LOL.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

Ah, Jackson. The square-headed, urine-stained mama's boy with his secret Xanax addiction and Preferred Status watermelons. My world is a better place with him wholly off my radar.

I'm torn about the new season. I actually quit the broadcast show last year because I got bored watching, uh, [checks Google] Cody's slow march to victory, so this could be my best chance for a clean break. OTOH, I want to be cautiously optimistic about a Kass-free cast, so it's kind of a tossup, LOL.

After Janelle was evicted I stopped watching the broadcasts and just read the live feeds thread. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

Big Brother, Bachelor in Paradise, Love After Lockup, Married At First Sight, Real Housewives...so many dealers supplying my summer crack fix! Thank you reality TV gods for thy bounty! 

I'm in on all of them with the exception of RHW!  I just can't anymore!  They are all so fake,, catered to, drama queens.

I'm also a bit Survivor fan.

I've watched BB since season one!  I can only remember some of the popular ones!

Can't wait for it to start!

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I just watch the televised episodes, which I guess don't always accurately portray what is actually going on in the house.

More like the episodes never accurately portray what’s actually going on lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 6/13/2021 at 8:03 AM, Scout Finch said:

After Janelle was evicted I stopped watching the broadcasts and just read the live feeds thread. 

That's what happened with me last year. I felt like all the people I liked were kicked out early and it was just super boring and dull. I really hope things are different this year.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

That's what happened with me last year. I felt like all the people I liked were kicked out early and it was just super boring and dull. I really hope things are different this year.

I don't think it had even reached the halfway point in the season before all of the people I liked or could stand had been evicted. It seems like they all went in a row and I don't recall anyone I fervently wished would go home ever did during that time. Janelle was the last straw for me! For several seasons, I've no longer watched all three episodes each week or fast forward through things I already know from the live feeds, but I never missed the evictions on Thursday nights. But last year, after Janey went home, I couldn't even stomach doing that because I'd just be hate-watching everyone

• Love 1
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

20 days until the premiere!

I hope the rumor about a live move in is true but I really hope it doesn't mean we don't get to meet the cast beforehand.

I think it is Live move in true. It’s because of Covid supposedly. Then there isn’t an episode till Sunday because they need to set up story. Wait! Did I say set up? Am I implying that production needs to make up stuff because the feeds aren’t on yet. LOL!!!!!

• LOL 1
(edited)

Wasn't last year a live move in? They had to enter and play that maze game where the women had to roll their balls all the way to the end and the men's just goes to the middle of the maze. Then they played that stupid pedestal game where some of them wobbles and Cody could see which one wobbles and wins HOH and the whole season is ruined before the first episode ends. I believe that was all live.

Edited by argrow
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think it is Live move in true. It’s because of Covid supposedly. Then there isn’t an episode till Sunday because they need to set up story. Wait! Did I say set up? Am I implying that production needs to make up stuff because the feeds aren’t on yet. LOL!!!!!

There's also a rumor though that the feeds will be up on night 1, which I believe they were last year as well.

12 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Have we ever had a live move in before? Was last year? 

7 hours ago, argrow said:

Wasn't last year a live move in? 

Yea, last season was a live move in and we didn't know (I mean we did but it was not official) the cast until that night. I just really hope they don't make us wait until the live move in to meet the cast. I like spending hours watching the atrocious interviews of all the new people I'm about to hate for 90 days.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, last season was a live move in and we didn't know (I mean we did but it was not official) the cast until that night. I just really hope they don't make us wait until the live move in to meet the cast. I like spending hours watching the atrocious interviews of all the new people I'm about to hate for 90 days.

I love it when I hate them in the pre-season and then they do something to justify it later in the game - I feel like I'm saving my precious time. That I then waste listening to someone whine about someone else not voting with the house. It sounds bad but it's better than BB17, where the back half of the game was Austin fingerbanging Liz every afternoon in the HoH room while everyone else napped. Almost anything is better than that.

All that to say that I'm supes excited to get my hands on my annual prepaid Amex so I can throw fistfuls of money at CBS that they don't want to take (I'm assuming that Paramount+ works the same way that All Access did - if any Canadians know for sure, lemme know). Shout when the free month codes start showing up. Us thrifty bitches appreciate it.

• LOL 4
(edited)

Remember when, at the start of that abysmal season, I was feeling Older Memphis? Let us pretend, much like when I thought Jack would be my eye candy of BB21, that never happened.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 6/11/2021 at 4:34 AM, 30 Helens said:

and there’s a case of wine in the fridge. I’m ready to go!

So that covers week one until the first eviction.  I hope you have a delivery order on repeat! 

And that Memphis and Christmas engagement news?  Ew.  Any evidence it is real, or just more famewhoring?  The timing of the announcement, right before the next season of Big Brother is due to start, is suspect. 

Or.....are they angling for a reality show of their own, like Miz and Mrs or Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag?  Or did they see all the publicity that Nicole and Victor, Jeff and Jordan, Swaggy and Baileigh etc. got out of being a BB couple?  Maybe they want to be on The Challenge or The Amazing Race as a BB couple with all the attendant routine attention?

I'm getting a whiff of something here, and it ain't authenticity.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

BB23 info. Spoilers, if you want to go into the whole shebang completely blind (nothing about the cast).

It sounds good! I know lots of people hate twists, but personally I enjoy them as long as they aren't horribly unfair. And as long as they don't blindside someone by sending them home on Day One. I've seen that on Survivor, TAR, and BB and it upsets me every time. So cruel. 

Spoiler

All new players and lots of diversity! Yay! 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 4

I know I’m catching up on old news, but I am both flabbergasted and not flabbergasted that in the first ten seconds of Nicole’s gender reveal video, she was whining.  Welcome to the rest of your life, Victor.

• LOL 14
On 6/29/2021 at 12:00 PM, Alice Mudgarden said:

BB23 info. Spoilers, if you want to go into the whole shebang completely blind (nothing about the cast).

https://parade.com/1228337/mikebloom/big-brother-23-twists-allison-grodner-rich-meehan/

Not a spoiler, but a quote from the article:

“We’re really leaning into this risk worth versus reward dilemmas,” Meehan says. “The idea is that they’re going to have to make decisions that we’ve never really seen houseguests playing the Big Brother make before.”

You know what THAT means, right...?

reset.jpg.JPG.d29267e5f005f9695c93f4ac56e76182.JPG

• LOL 7

Well, they're certainly diverse, I'll give them that.  But there's exactly ONE 40 year old and almost all are in their 20s.   So yeah, I'll still probably hate everyone.  I can't bring myself to read their bio's yet.  It's Friday and I want to start my 3 day weekend off happy!

• Love 2

Just watching Taran and Rob on RHAP, laughing about the rumour that Taran's on this season, and how it's not true. So the people who weren't going to watch if he was on can relax. 😁

• Love 1