Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

I mean, I agree, and I can't stand some of them and their bullshit. But I also can't blame them extending their 15 MINUTES, since "influencer" became a viable job title. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I look at a Johnny Bananas and, if MTV wants to pay him to keep coming back, fine. That kind of stuff is whatever. But the ego for some of these things is just... impressively huge haha

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I look at a Johnny Bananas and, if MTV wants to pay him to keep coming back, fine. That kind of stuff is whatever. But the ego for some of these things is just... impressively huge haha

Oh god, please don't get me start on my Bananas issues. They are legion.

But you don't have to be Bananas level to make a living at this crap. You can be a half-moldy orange and still do okay. So I can't blame them for giving it a shot. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

But you don't have to be Bananas level to make a living at this crap. You can be a half-moldy orange and still do okay. So I can't blame them for giving it a shot. 🤷‍♀️

❤️ A half-moldy orange ❤️

Love it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I am not sure I understand this.   Why would she think it "was purposefully to make her look bad"?  

Your guess is as good as mine. She said she felt it was being set up as Bay is the "good one" and she's the "bad one." She didn't elaborate on that, so personally I'm leaning toward persecution complex.

I am not saying that she should talk with David.  If they are never going to see each other again, what would be the point of hashing anything out?  

This Bayleigh mediator thing was while they were in the house. She's talked to David since they got out, but nothing was resolved.

[Couldn't get the "double enter to split the quote" thing to work.]

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I think that is part of it.

This probably is the bigger issue.   She may have been concerned with the edited for television version. 

Regardless, I don't think she is able to walk in another person's shoes.  She seems to be too self-absorbed to consider how her actions in the BB House affected others, in this case David.

If that's the case then perhaps she should actually watch it before making her pronouncements... per @IndyMischa...

19 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

Okay, I took this one for the team and half-listened to the entire thing while I was doing (mostly) brainless work stuff. It is two plus hours* solely outlining her myriad issues with David.

She still has not watched any of the feed footage or the episodes. But was quite happy to break down each. and. every. detail of her conflicts with David. Basically, 1) he's a dipshit and a terrible player (no argument there), and 2) he's not "down with the cause" (I am most of the way to albino, so I don't give an opinion on that). 

Edited by sharkerbaby
than =/= then
  • Love 1

Day's issue is she always felt entitled that David SHOULD like her. And she got offended when David didn't like her. He didn't dislike her either but you could tell her entering the room didn't light up his eyes. So she acted out, called him Uncle Tom, and is surprised that after the show he doesn't, in fact, want to be her best friend. 

David has pretty good relationships with the rest of the BB22 cast, so you can tell Day is smarting. But really ... if someone called me an Uncle Tom on national TV, that's a friendship ending comment.

• Love 12
On 2/1/2021 at 12:30 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Day did a 2 hour YouTube vid.

Gimme a second, let me check my pockets...

...nope, no shit in my pockets.

Guess I am - quite literally - out of shits to give.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

How do these people think that we care of what they have to say two days and more after they have left their prison? I mean, there are people who do care and God their life must be sad and/or boring.

• Love 2
On 2/1/2021 at 10:18 PM, IndyMischa said:

I have had a long and turbulent history with John D, but I have to admit his relationship with Morgan makes me like him a lot more.  I do agree about the influencer stuff; you can make so much money, so easily, even with a “modest” following of 100k. Add in podcasts, YouTube, and patreon, and I can’t blame anyone for trying to grab the flying money while they’re in the storm. The real question will be what most of these people will do when this trend inevitably stops paying the bills. Then again, we always used to wonder what Johnny would do when reality TV stopped paying the bills and it’s become clear at this point that he’s going to be just fine, so maybe I’m underestimating the longevity of earnings from this venue as well. 

On 2/1/2021 at 2:25 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

I really hate to say this but Day sounds like one of those people where the more you know her, the less you like her. 

So well said. The fact that she now seems to be feuding with more people on her cast than not, some of whom were her good friends in the house, probably says a lot more about her than it does about them. It also makes me see some of her previous actions/behind the scenes info about the challenge in a different light, now that I know the accuracy of her interpretations likely leaves something to be desired.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I follow Dani on IG and she said recently that Tennessee's favorite food is broccoli and tofu. No Dani. That's not anyone's favorite food, not even your own. 

My daughter is a year older than Tennessee and this evening told us that poop was her favorite food. Take it with a grain of salt, Dani!

• LOL 14
On 1/31/2021 at 12:25 PM, HartofDixie said:

Do we think Mother told Tyler to propose? I'm not sure he can do anything without a signed permission slip from her. Also I'm not saying that every proposeé (yes, I'm making up words) needs to fall onto the ground in histrionics shouting "YES!" but she gave about as much energy as she always does in that moment.

Many happy years and ramen headed children to you - now please go away kthx

• LOL 6

I needed a break from work, so I finally cracked open that Us article - this sounds healthy. Granted, I've been with my SO for years, but it's been a treat in the past when one of us gets to travel for a bit. One gets a trip, the other gets to the house to themselves for a few days. Win / win, and hardly a case for getting the vapors.

Oh, the co-dependency.

“Literally every single day since we got out of the house, we’ve never spent more than three nights apart,” she shared. “We spent three nights apart one time. Our lives are just so interconnected. We are one person. This is what I tell people: It feels like someone ripped my arm off and my leg off, and then they strapped a 20-pound backpack on my back and said, ‘Go run a marathon now.’ I’m like, this is impossible.”

On 2/15/2021 at 2:06 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I did not see this season but apparently it was a trainwreck on the level of BB15. Like the contestants were that horrible.

Jackson must have been on a watermelon detox diet. 🍉😼

• LOL 5
26 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I needed a break from work, so I finally cracked open that Us article - this sounds healthy. Granted, I've been with my SO for years, but it's been a treat in the past when one of us gets to travel for a bit. One gets a trip, the other gets to the house to themselves for a few days. Win / win, and hardly a case for getting the vapors.

Oh, the co-dependency.

“Literally every single day since we got out of the house, we’ve never spent more than three nights apart,” she shared. “We spent three nights apart one time. Our lives are just so interconnected. We are one person. This is what I tell people: It feels like someone ripped my arm off and my leg off, and then they strapped a 20-pound backpack on my back and said, ‘Go run a marathon now.’ I’m like, this is impossible.”

Tyler mentioned in the house that after the show he moved in right away with Angela and never bothered going home to visit his mom. And by All Stars (two years later), he still hadn't visited his mom. Sure, that sounds totally healthy. Totally. 

I also don't get how people in long-term, committed relationships can't spend a few days apart. Like ... seriously?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

I also don't get how people in long-term, committed relationships can't spend a few days apart. Like ... seriously?

Right, especially today? I travel for work at times I wasn’t home for three weeks (I do think hubby wants me to find more out of town work). 
That being said, to make a long story somewhat short, my 80+ year old parents, who are in very good health for their ages, now live in a senior living facility, they are very independent their own apartment, but they live in a place where they can be moved to assisted living or memory care if needed.

A month ago, my mom fractured her hip. Long story short, she was in the hospital for a few days, had a hip replacement and was sent to the rehab where they live. Because of COVID, my parents couldn’t actually see each other or together for almost 2 weeks. It was probably their longest physical time ever since actually seeing each other.

Ironically, my dad called me to ask what to expect because mom have her hip replaced (I had both of mine replaced in my 40s) - I found that entertaining.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 4

Tyler in the house said that Angela tells him when to eat, work out, sleep. She's very regimented and structured. He's the opposite of that.

In the house you could sort of see that -- he would just sit around and wait for one of the house cooks (Janelle, Kaysar, or David usually) to make him food. I actually think he liked being on slop because there was usually a bucket of slop and he could just grab some. But even then he waited for others to make the slop.

Anyway if the relationship works more power to them but it's a little weird.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Oh, the co-dependency.

I totally understand where she's coming from. I think people are all different and what's good for one (or two) might not be good for others. In the last 38+ years, my husband and I have spent only one night apart, and that was because it was necessary for work. For us, being apart is just not something we're willing to do. That might not work for everyone, but it seems to have worked out well for us. Different strokes and all...

• Love 6

Different things work for different people, for sure. But I can't say I understand her comment about being one person. It's always healthiest (IMO anyway) to keep your own identities, interests, friends, etc. And choosing to not separate at all is one thing, but Angela makes it sound like they can't even do it without major stress and trauma. 

Plus, with them, it seems like Tyler is way more dependent (including financially) on Angela than vice versa. When he was in the house, she was happily going to modeling jobs, seeing friends, etc. It just seems like he has less of a life away from her, or at least that's how it comes across in their vids.

Yes, I admit to watching a couple of their travel vids. Sigh.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Different things work for different people, for sure. But I can't say I understand her comment about being one person. It's always healthiest (IMO anyway) to keep your own identities, interests, friends, etc. And choosing to not separate at all is one thing, but Angela makes it sound like they can't even do it without major stress and trauma. 

Plus, with them, it seems like Tyler is way more dependent (including financially) on Angela than vice versa. When he was in the house, she was happily going to modeling jobs, seeing friends, etc. It just seems like he has less of a life away from her, or at least that's how it comes across in their vids.

Plus it seems like she still has her friends that she hangs out with. She's pretty close to Haleigh from their season, and she's got other people who pop up in her IG feed. But he hasn't even gone home to see his mom? It kind of appears like he's completely dependent on her for ... everything. The jewelry company: her company. The cookbook: her book. The lifestyle videos: her videos. She controls their social media content. 

In other news Janelle says that she was pretty winded from covid for about three weeks. I hope she takes the virus more seriously. I love her but she was not taking many precautions judging by her social media. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

It seems that Brent from RHAP deactivated his account on twitter because he got attacked by Tangela's fans about him saying Tyler cheated on Angela...

One more reason to hate them. Brent come back, we love you!

On 2/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, CrazyDog said:

The Dubai vlogs were amazing.

17 hours ago, himela said:

It seems that Brent from RHAP deactivated his account on twitter because he got attacked by Tangela's fans about him saying Tyler cheated on Angela...

One more reason to hate them. Brent come back, we love you!

Well next time he shouldn’t believe gossip from a Swayleigh twitter account and report it as fact.

• Love 3
On 2/18/2021 at 2:16 AM, himela said:

Was it Tyler cheating on Angela, or the other way around?  I thought the story was something along the lines of Angela hooking up with an ex while Tyler was in the All-Stars House - but then again I wasn’t really paying THAT much attention, so I might’ve gotten it wrong....

On 12/30/2020 at 9:19 AM, atomic said:

I was sure that everyone just made the whole story up to get on TV, and there's no way she's actually romantically interested in him. But then they did spend Christmas together, so good for Cowboy, I guess? 

Ep97_6NW4AE8Ro9.jpg

If he’s actually tapping that ass, sure.  😈

11 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Was it Tyler cheating on Angela, or the other way around?  I thought the story was something along the lines of Angela hooking up with an ex while Tyler was in the All-Stars House - but then again I wasn’t really paying THAT much attention, so I might’ve gotten it wrong....

You are right, I just typed it wrong. Sorry 😛

Day made another video detailing her feud with Kevin. I didn't watch it but I really am not interested. She needs to just accept that if she treats people like crap in the house or during jury, they do not, in fact, have to be best buddies with her after the game is over. 

• Love 2
On 2/24/2021 at 11:38 AM, Growsonwalls said:

Day made another video detailing her feud with Kevin. I didn't watch it but I really am not interested. She needs to just accept that if she treats people like crap in the house or during jury, they do not, in fact, have to be best buddies with her after the game is over. 

It was actually worse (and longer) than David’s video. Dani/Nicole F are next.

The cliff notes: https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/comments/lr7utl/my_cliff_notes_on_davonnes_kevin_video/

2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

What? IDGI. Kevin was always open about identifying as "Blasian." Half Asian half black. Why would Day have an issue with this? 

Because she's bonkers, self centered af, and supremely convinced of her own awesomeness? Just a guess. 

• Love 9

No mention of Jamie having been in the first season of Big Brother? How very dare they.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/02/23/jamie-kern-lima-on-handling-rejection-while-building-it-cosmetics.html

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/24/2021 at 10:38 AM, Growsonwalls said:

Does anybody care?  Including Kevin, even?

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Which one? I believe I've seen at least 4 different dresses. Personally, I thought they were pretty hideous but the one was OK lol.

I liked dress one as a nice pregnancy look. I was meh on dress two and loathe dress three. Also I really don’t understand why she needed three dresses. 

There are so many things to knock Nicole for, but Blockstar knocking her for lack of diversity in her wedding party seems like going out of her way to find a “problem.” Nicole is from rural Michigan, and I doubt she grew up around any diversity at all, so of course her friends and family members are going to look like her. But you know who IS a POC? Oh right, the man she’s marrying. Shut up, Blockstar. I can’t believe you made me defend Nicole. 

• Love 15

I’ve stayed at the resort where they stayed. It’s exactly what you’d expect if you’ve ever imagined a Holiday Inn timeshare resort. 

Edited by Lsk02
  • LOL 5
4 hours ago, Jillibean said:

I liked dress one as a nice pregnancy look. I was meh on dress two and loathe dress three. Also I really don’t understand why she needed three dresses. 

There are so many things to knock Nicole for, but Blockstar knocking her for lack of diversity in her wedding party seems like going out of her way to find a “problem.” Nicole is from rural Michigan, and I doubt she grew up around any diversity at all, so of course her friends and family members are going to look like her. But you know who IS a POC? Oh right, the man she’s marrying. Shut up, Blockstar. I can’t believe you made me defend Nicole. 

Seriously. I dare say she's color blind, since it's most women she hates, regardless of their race.

Boom. Still found a way to knock her, even when reluctantly defending her.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Which one? I believe I've seen at least 4 different dresses. Personally, I thought they were pretty hideous but the one was OK lol.

Oh man, I'm so fashion-impaired. I saw her looking beautiful in a graceful white dress in all the pictures. It never occurred to me it was 4 dresses. 😁

Then again, who has 4 wedding dresses, unless their last name starts with a K. 

16 hours ago, Jillibean said:

Nicole is from rural Michigan, and I doubt she grew up around any diversity at all, so of course her friends and family members are going to look like her. 

I agree. For someone like her, an extremely diverse wedding party would have just been performative. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 3