Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

I don’t go on social media often, and it did for that (seriously need to be able to get a real life)

That’s just, well, interesting. Technically, her side cheeks were on fire for a moment, not butt checks, so. I will refrain from jokes.

She actually does look good and I think she was wearing a proper supportive undergarments.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:14 PM, Growsonwalls said:

Uh the heart wants what it wants and since neither were married no judgment, but damn I see nothing likable in Christmas. 

Also Christmas sounded pretty happy with her bf in the house. Said that he took care of Loyal and she trusted him. 

They both seemed to be VERY happy with their partners so it is a little odd to me.  But I think memphis' girlfriend wasn't super happy with what she was seeing. So maybe their partners broke up with them so they said what the hell and gave it a shot. 

They did have definitely chemistry in there. But I hope Memphis has all personal property protected if stuff goes south. 

• Love 3
On 12/5/2020 at 3:11 PM, HartofDixie said:

33DB8752-5488-474A-8987-4218D6DC023C.jpeg

Swear to god, the Internet - hell, the world - is on its knees begging and screaming for a Rule 34 version of this.  I mean, we already have the title; how much harder can the rest be?  🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 1

Well Dani has achieved the highest level for BB alumni: she's now making sponsored posts for various clothing-wear.

As for Christmas/Memphis, anyone finding the non-stop shilling of their relationship on IG to be ... odd? Neither Memphis nor Christmas posted much about their personal lives or SO's prior to hooking up. We knew they existed in the BB house because they talked about them. But now that they've hooked up it's nonstop pix of them. Like they're trying to ... monetize their relationship a la Tangela, inc.? 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

As for Christmas/Memphis, anyone finding the non-stop shilling of their relationship on IG to be ... odd? Neither Memphis nor Christmas posted much about their personal lives or SO's prior to hooking up. We knew they existed in the BB house because they talked about them. But now that they've hooked up it's nonstop pix of them. Like they're trying to ... monetize their relationship a la Tangela, inc.? 

😳😳😳😮😮😮NO FUCKING WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!😮😮😮😳😳😳

• LOL 6
On 12/5/2020 at 6:49 PM, IndyMischa said:

I think that last title should be reversed. 

(I'll see myself out.) 

On 12/6/2020 at 12:50 PM, Nashville said:

Damn - beat me to it.  Was the first thing I thought when I read that title.

Me too! You guys are definitely my people.

So, I visit this board for the first time in a few weeks only to learn that Cody is a Covid denier and Gramps is now celebrating Festivus. (With many grievances to air, no doubt.) My head is spinning. But wait, there’s more! 

It seems Julie is sending out some early Xmas gifts: bibles and granola. And a Dunkin Donuts mug, for some reason. Here’s a video of Kevin unboxing his:

These have been going out to BB22 cast and crew, as well as some previous season contestants. (Including McRae. I guess he also needs saving?)

The BB universe is so weird.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

So, I visit this board for the first time in a few weeks only to learn that Cody is a Covid denier ...

We knew this during the season. He openly talked about it. Fucking idiot lol.

1 hour ago, IndyMischa said:

People who send unsolicited religious materials to people as "gifts" are absolute fuckheads. Period. I let her bullshit go during the season, but this is a whole other level. Fuck off, Julie. 

This. She is heinous. I wish they'd replace her. The show sucks enough as it is, get rid of her lol.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think that was a reference to Nickson vs Califiore. CN has a bunch of "scamdemic" references on his Instagram. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Saw on Reddit that Kat and Reality Steve broke up. Also saw that Fessy is apparently dating The Challenge's Tori

He may or may not have cheated on Haleigh. Rumor is they got back together before he left to film and he called her every week.

Zach comes out as bi.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/big-brothers-zach-rance-comes-out-as-bisexual-hooked-up-with-frankie-grande/

1 hour ago, RandomWatcher said:

Saw on Reddit that Kat and Reality Steve broke up. Also saw that Fessy is apparently dating The Challenge's Tori

I kind of love this pair. I have a soft spot for Fessy anyway, and I like them together. 

49 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

Re the link text: there's no accounting for taste. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

Zach comes out as bi.

To the surprise of no one. 

I liked Zach on the show. I also liked him and Frankie as a duo. (Don’t throw things. I didn’t see feeds or read behind-the-scenes stuff; maybe I would understand the intense Frankie hate if I had.) I’m glad he’s happy.

• Love 3
On 12/9/2020 at 6:47 PM, peachmangosteen said:

This. She is heinous. I wish they'd replace her. The show sucks enough as it is, get rid of her lol.

No. This is Cody Nickson who used "scamdemic" as a coupon code and goes on about how covid is a scam on his IG everyday.

12 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

I had no idea she wasn't with Jordan anymore. Interesting pairing. 

Dear God. I can't believe Julie is now proselytizing. Just so horrible to me, on so many levels. Rude, condescending, tasteless, tactless, etc. I imagine she wouldn't like it if people mailed her books about "How to Spot a Womanizer", "10 Clues Your Husband May Be Cheating", etc. What a (not-so-stealth) bitch. But I guess she has to make use of all those hours she's not on The Talk any more somehow...

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Victim Noises said:

Dear God. I can't believe Julie is now proselytizing. Just so horrible to me, on so many levels. Rude, condescending, tasteless, tactless, etc. I imagine she wouldn't like it if people mailed her books about "How to Spot a Womanizer", "10 Clues Your Husband May Be Cheating", etc. What a (not-so-stealth) bitch. But I guess she has to make use of all those hours she's not on The Talk any more somehow...

Gold. Pure gold. 

• Love 4

I know that mileage varies greatly...and religion is the touchiest of touchy subjects, but Julie's recent need to share her faith doesn't bother me as much as it does some.  I'm not saying anyone shouldn't be bothered, I just wanted to provide a different perspective.  It may be that this new faith--or renewal of faith--is what she needs to get her through everything that is going on with her husband and her career.  If it's helped her, and it's something new and exciting to her, I can understand her wish to share it with others.  I get that it can be annoying (I had a friend who discovered "The Secret" and would not shut up about it, lol) but so long as she's not advocating hate or using religion to exclude people, I don't have a problem with it. 

I do find it surprising that the producers haven't put a stop to her on-air remarks because as the "neutral host" she could be (and seems to be) alienating many parts of the audience.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, leocadia said:

I know that mileage varies greatly...and religion is the touchiest of touchy subjects, but Julie's recent need to share her faith doesn't bother me as much as it does some.  I'm not saying anyone shouldn't be bothered, I just wanted to provide a different perspective.  It may be that this new faith--or renewal of faith--is what she needs to get her through everything that is going on with her husband and her career.  If it's helped her, and it's something new and exciting to her, I can understand her wish to share it with others.  I get that it can be annoying (I had a friend who discovered "The Secret" and would not shut up about it, lol) but so long as she's not advocating hate or using religion to exclude people, I don't have a problem with it. 

I do find it surprising that the producers haven't put a stop to her on-air remarks because as the "neutral host" she could be (and seems to be) alienating many parts of the audience.

I agree with you - people find faith at different times of their life. My faith got me thru some horrible times.

Julie is in the public eye and unfortunately she is married to a man with lots of credible accusations against him - only when those came out did she begin hyphenating her last last name. 

To me, she has been full of a lot of double standards and inconsistencies. But that doesn’t mean that Julie’s faith isn’t affecting her now and making her want to share her personal faith and spiritual growth with others.

While I think these are weird gifts to give to people that aren’t close personal friends, everyone has a different journey and their expression of that journey can take many forms.

All that being, said, she is in the public eye and her actions seem very inconsistent in general.

I am so happy that I wasn’t in the public eye for an major or minor mistakes I made in my life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Julie is in the public eye and unfortunately she is married to a man with lots of credible accusations against him - only when those came out did she begin hyphenating her last last name. 

Absolutely!  I completely understand why people would give her the side-eye and question her authenticity.  I also get that people do not like religion/religious ideals forced on them in the context of a reality tv show.  

• Love 2
On 12/9/2020 at 8:13 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I would only be shocked if Cody N wasn't a covid denier. 

I love the photo they chose to head that article though. He looked completely insane, like someone you'd run away from if you met them on the street. 

• LOL 4
15 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

To me, she has been full of a lot of double standards and inconsistencies. But that doesn’t mean that Julie’s faith isn’t affecting her now and making her want to share her personal faith and spiritual growth with others.

I agree. It's far from the worst thing anyone has done on this show. People might laugh or find her irritating or hypocritical, but at least she isn't wrecking marriages by doing this, or giving people PTSD. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Getting uninvited religious related gifts can bring about PTSD symptoms for those who associate it with unpleasant people and/or events. I was gifted a bible and "advice" to go along with it. The people who gifted it to me were lucky that I'm a nice person who tries not to hurt others feelings even when they've hurt mine. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 12/20/2020 at 1:18 PM, Jaded said:

Getting uninvited religious related gifts can bring about PTSD symptoms for those who associate it with unpleasant people and/or events. I was gifted a bible and "advice" to go along with it. The people who gifted it to me were lucky that I'm a nice person who tries not to hurt others feelings even when they've hurt mine. 

ITA. For some of us, Christianity had an incredibly damaging effect on our self-esteem and worth as human beings. I legitimately don't know how I would react if somebody tried to gift me a Bible. Also, Julie isn't that close with the Houseguests to be sending them something so personal IMO.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Cowboy (S5 runner-up) is on MTV's Catfish right now. When you thought 2020 couldn't get more fucked up..

ETA: Now James Huling (BB17&18) is on. I can't!

Are they the fishers or the fishees?

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Cowboy (S5 runner-up) is on MTV's Catfish right now. When you thought 2020 couldn't get more fucked up..

ETA: Now James Huling (BB17&18) is on. I can't!

RIGHT as I clicked on this thread, I was also browsing HBO Max and thinking "be honest: would I rather watch Catfish instead". This is some sort of "ooh ooh witchy woman" kind of sign and I'm going to pay heed to the universe and go right to MTV.

Also: LOL can't wait to see this episode.

• LOL 2

To me, gifting bibles is equivalent to gifting books on why you should align with a particular political party, or how you should raise your kids. Religion is a personal decision that should be left to the individual. It’s one thing to give a bible to a close friend who you know would welcome one, it’s quite another to push your beliefs on near-strangers. If Julie is as enlightened as she presents herself to be, she should know the difference. 

• Love 10
On 12/23/2020 at 5:38 PM, 30 Helens said:

To me, gifting bibles is equivalent to gifting books on why you should align with a particular political party, or how you should raise your kids. Religion is a personal decision that should be left to the individual. It’s one thing to give a bible to a close friend who you know would welcome one, it’s quite another to push your beliefs on near-strangers. If Julie is as enlightened as she presents herself to be, she should know the difference. 

Uhhh, define “push” please.  My own religious belief structures at present would most accurately be described as ambiguous, but I was raised Christian.  While Christianity does not require its adherents to force their beliefs on others, they are encouraged to share them with those who would listen - and I am unaware of any way such a sharing determination could be made without the simple existence of Christianity as a belief system being acknowledged.

Also - to me there is a BIIIIG difference between simply making information available to somebody (ex. giving them a book), and pushing/forcing your beliefs on them (ex. nagging, browbeating, or otherwise insisting they read it).  YMMV

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

@Nashville: I was just reading about the explosion in Nashville this morning. I hope you and your family and friends are OK.

So far so good - other than the fact I have murderous intent in my heart towards a particular set of as-yet-unknown miscreants, that is.

• Love 9
On 12/25/2020 at 11:22 AM, Nashville said:

Uhhh, define “push” please.  My own religious belief structures at present would most accurately be described as ambiguous, but I was raised Christian.  While Christianity does not require its adherents to force their beliefs on others, they are encouraged to share them with those who would listen - and I am unaware of any way such a sharing determination could be made without the simple existence of Christianity as a belief system being acknowledged.

Also - to me there is a BIIIIG difference between simply making information available to somebody (ex. giving them a book), and pushing/forcing your beliefs on them (ex. nagging, browbeating, or otherwise insisting they read it).  YMMV

I couldn't agree with this more.  I don't have a problem with people trying to respectfully share differing beliefs with me, even if I have no intention of looking into them.  All ideas and beliefs have been perverted and used to harm by certain people, but the onus for that harm falls on those people, not the entire belief system.  I honestly think Kevin made a bigger deal out of it than it was.  Put it in the trash and move on, just like I do when I find a WatchTower in my mailbox, even after I kindly told them there was zero chance I would ever join their church.  I don't feel harassed that I have an extra piece of junk mail to toss every couple of months or so and I don't give a second thought to if they think I'm going to hell or not.  If by the off chance Julie did send it as a back-handed gift/insult, then he gave her the satisfaction she'd want, and if she was really just trying to be kind (even if it was tone deaf to some) then he was unnecessarily being snotty and condescending, some of the very behavior he holds against Christianity.  IMO, he came out looking worse than she did, although I know that is probably an unpopular opinion. 

I did enjoy Kevin pointing out how big Cody and Dani's heads looked in the cast picture.  Could it be a dig at them from someone in production?  I mean they both do figuratively have big heads.

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 7
On 12/25/2020 at 12:22 PM, Nashville said:

Uhhh, define “push” please.

I think it comes down to intent— both actual and perceived. I’m going to give Julie the benefit of the doubt and assume she only meant to share something that is special and meaningful to her, without further agenda. And if the recipient welcomes that gesture, lovely. However... the fact that it’s a bible makes the intent harder to discern, especially for someone who is not a close friend. We’re not talking about a bouquet of flowers here. We’re talking about a book that, at its core, is a manual for how to live your life.

Gifting a bible can imply that the recipient’s current belief system is lacking, or they are otherwise in need of “saving”.  After all, if they were following the right path, they would already be adhering to the Bible and wouldn’t need another one, right? There’s a fine line between sharing and proselytizing, and sending a bible to a casual acquaintance, without context, is not the way to clarify your intent.  In Kevin’s case, I would understand if he took it as an insult, given how often the Bible has been used to condemn homosexuality. I’m sure he’s heard enough about Adam and Steve to last 3 lifetimes.

I would like to stress that I am not opposed to religion in any way. My family contains Episcopalians, Baptists, Jews and Atheists, and we all get along famously. I just think religion is a personal thing that should be embraced (or rejected) on an individual basis. By all means, discuss and share your beliefs with family and friends, but when it comes to strangers, give them a meaningful book of poetry. Or a bouquet of flowers.  Just my .02.

• Love 14