Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

Memphis and Nicole A? No thanks.

18 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

While this is good news, why just the [visible] cast?   Real change will happen when corporations like CBS board of directors  on down diversify their leadership positions to reflect what 2020 America looks like.  

The Dalton Ross tweet does say that they are also going for '1/4 of reality budget going to projects created by BIPOC producers' so there is that.

• Love 2
On 11/10/2020 at 2:38 PM, Cosmocrush said:

While this is good news, why just the [visible] cast?   Real change will happen when corporations like CBS board of directors  on down diversify their leadership positions to reflect what 2020 America looks like.  

Agreed, and I’m also only cautiously optimistic about the casting. Are they going to let people be themselves, or will they guide them into reinforcing stereotypes? We know the DR interviews are at least partially scripted. Will they write “sassy” comments for the black women? Will they stage some wig-snatching, finger-wagging catfights? Will they only cast people who appear to exemplify the qualities they expect? 

I think it’s commendable that they’re making an effort, but reality shows do not have a great track record for how they cast and present POC.  Unless the diversity commitment extends to the casting and production departments, I’m not sure we will be seeing any real change. But I do have my fingers crossed and am hoping for the best.

• Love 6

When will ‘they’ realize that BB is best when the HGs are allowed to be themselves?  Think for themselves.  Develop their own game, their own alliances.   Even allowed to say what they are thinking in the DR.

What did ‘they’ accomplish this year by controlling everything?    The feedsters weren’t even allowed to watch the feeds (though by all accounts the puppies and kitties had a lot of fans).  IMO the feedsters and sites are the ones that create the interest and excitement in the show.  The episodes ... speaking for myself I barely watched.  And, the irony of all ironies ... religion was brought into a show that is about lying and backstabbing.

Just out of curiosity is Julie tweeting or whatever religious sayings?   

Am I even close to thinking correctly?

Edited by Ellee
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

DAMN IT, ANNOUNCE YOUR KID'S NAME ALREADY. YOU'VE HAD MONTHS OF GESTATION TO MAKE UP YOUR MIND. WTF WERE YOU DOING ALL THAT TIME? 

Oh wait, I know what Rachel was doing - trash talking Franzel on social media. Hee!

I really just want to know if it can compete with big sister Adora Borealis Villegas. Andromeda or GTFO (Andy for short, natch). 

ETA: Yes, I know, it's also the name of a greek goddess but it's 2020, fuck the rules.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Honestly, as ridiculous as it sounds, CBS would do well to look at a show like The Challenge which has always had a diverse cast and that allows it to just sort of exist without comment or drawing attention to it, covering issues of race, sexuality etc. only as they come up in the stories their cast creates. Not to say that it’s by any means perfect, but I watch a lot of reality and I honestly think The Challenge is currently the gold standard for inclusion both in terms of percentage of overall cast and in the way those cast members are portrayed relative to white, straight cast members. 

Who exactly does Nicole think she’s fooling by saying their wedding was meant to be a small group of family and close friends? Does she not remember that she originally invited Janelle?

• Love 5

People go on here and destroy their reputations all on their own without the help of the script. The people attracted to this show aren't real critical thinkers lol. Mostly they just want to get enough followers out of it so they can quit their 'real' jobs and be social media influencers. And unfortunately even the most odious are usually able to achieve this lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

DAMN IT, ANNOUNCE YOUR KID'S NAME ALREADY. YOU'VE HAD MONTHS OF GESTATION TO MAKE UP YOUR MIND. WTF WERE YOU DOING ALL THAT TIME? 

Oh wait, I know what Rachel was doing - trash talking Franzel on social media. Hee!

Nice to know Rachel has her priorities straight.  😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Ok, I am out of the loop because I did not know about this. Crazy, especially when Dr. WIll handed him that Season 7 win:

In August 2019, he was arrested and charged with stalking former friend and costar Dr. Will Kirby and later pleaded not guilty. That case is still pending, but Kirby was granted a restraining order in September 2019.

32 minutes ago, Valentine said:

Ok, I am out of the loop because I did not know about this. Crazy, especially when Dr. WIll handed him that Season 7 win:

In August 2019, he was arrested and charged with stalking former friend and costar Dr. Will Kirby and later pleaded not guilty. That case is still pending, but Kirby was granted a restraining order in September 2019.

Yes he sent all sorts of creepy pictures of killing Will's kids.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/big-brother/chilltown-mike-boogie-malin-will-kirby-arrest-threats/

Dani made a long post:

The sad thing is I think the person who we saw in the house is who Dani is. I don't think she's even trying to be malicious, but that her brain is hardwired towards seeing everything through a very negative lens. 

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

I know that every time someone in the public eye apologizes, they seem to get attacked twice as hard, and no doubt lots of people will reject this apology. Personally, I think it's a good apology. Honest, not defensive, and no fake humility. Also, it's pretty logical. 

Does anyone know if Ian accepted her apology? 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I know that every time someone in the public eye apologizes, they seem to get attacked twice as hard, and no doubt lots of people will reject this apology. Personally, I think it's a good apology. Honest, not defensive, and no fake humility. Also, it's pretty logical. 

Does anyone know if Ian accepted her apology? 

She apologized to him in jury.

• Useful 2

But did he accept it?

Dani's public apology read to me like she was jonesing to get back on social media but she knew she'd have to acknowledge this first so she half-assedly threw together some bullshit lol.

I also took note of her personal apology to Ian being the bulk of it while she just tacked on the microagressions and never mentioned Day or Bay. Hmmm.

• Love 3

While we may have mixed emotions regarding Dani’s apology, I give her credit compared to Nicole.  Nicole posted that she has so many emotions regarding everything going on that she can’t possibly post them on social media and therefore would be talking about them, on not just one but several podcasts.  Ugh.  At least Dani is not trying to make a buck off her apology.  Nicole must be desperate bc what she’s doing really crosses the line 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Nicole and Christmas suck but let's face it, Day kind of sucks too. At least she does now. Ever since she won AFP she's seemed super-impressed with herself. It's telling that both David and Kevin don't like her. They're pretty nice guys overall. 

• Love 8

I haven’t had patience left for Nicole for quite some time, and that hasn’t changed. Regardless of how I feel about Day at this point, she has no obligation to accept an apology from Nicole. Nicole says she has reached out numerous times and not received a response. That clearly IS a response, and not one that suggests that Nicole should keep trying until Day agrees to forgive her. It’s not Day’s job to alleviate Nicole’s guilt. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, greyflannel said:

Maybe he shouldn't be giving discounts on that coffee, those tin-foil hats can be expensive.

Seriously, though, the fact that there are still people who believe this is a scam is just mind boggling. 

I can only assume this means Cody must be numbered among those fortunate enough to not be directly impacted by a COVID-related death in his immediate circle of friends and/or family - which makes him one very lucky self-centered idiot, whether he realizes it or not.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

LOL wasn't Christmas living with her boyfriend and their little Brady Bunch family, and wasn't Memphis all craaaaaaaazy about his girlfriend?

I never want anyone to come back to this show ever again, unless they're Janelle and Britney. I'm just gonna wind up hating you, so please do yourselves a favor and just don't, everyone.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • Love 10

At least Dani didn't dump Dom for Cody, so there's that. Although she is back to totally dominating poor Tennessee's life. The fun photos we had in the summer of Tennessee and Dom doing road trips with their dog Kenya are over 😞 Let's pour one out for Dom and Tennessee's blissful summer of KFC buckets and road trips.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Uh the heart wants what it wants and since neither were married no judgment, but damn I see nothing likable in Christmas. 

Also Christmas sounded pretty happy with her bf in the house. Said that he took care of Loyal and she trusted him. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Uh the heart wants what it wants and since neither were married no judgment ...

Neither were married but both were in relationships. They are very similar people and they even look alike. Also, apparently Memphis nudes leaked, so if anyone is masochistic they can probably google that.

10 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

@HartofDixie what did Rockstar post? It's deleted now.

The vid is here. It's NSFW-ish.
  • LOL 2