Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Stinger97

BB in the Media: Outside the Fishbowl

1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

Would a man who picked up a showmance that furthered him in the game get the same flak?

Well, that's what Boogie did and I would say he does not get the same flak. I mean, I think now everyone sees he's a piece of shit, but I don't think people discredit his win as much as they do Nicole's.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, that's what Boogie did and I would say he does not get the same flak. I mean, I think now everyone sees he's a piece of shit, but I don't think people discredit his win as much as they do Nicole's.

Well, except here. 😉 I don't even count the wins in BB1, BB7, BB8 or BB9 as legit wins. 

BB1 because, well, duh.

BB7 because it was all outside game BS (no way Erica takes Boogie except for outside game stuff, and that's horseshit). Heck, Boogie getting to the Final Four period was based all on outside stuff. Dude literally employed half of the cast.

BB8 because the game was manipulated by the producers through America's Favorite Player. No way Evil Dick makes it to the end in a normal BB season. 

BB9 because, well, it was BB9. That season just plain ol' wasn't a real BB season. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I think it would be hilarious if Zingbot entered the house in a full enviro isolation suit.  Please, please, please....they can't take Zingbot away from me.  Or the "No Stars!!!" guy...  I may have to resign myself to no OTEV though, that is a very elaborate comp set up, which I'm sure takes a lot of people a lot of time to design, mock-up, build, tear down, build again in the backyard, and tear down again in the back yard.  There's no way the crew can socially distance through all of that.  OTEV is really the only elaborate comp set up I like.

Can anybody tell me what the overall house theme is this year?  I've looked at various still photos of parts of the house, and there doesn't seem to be a theme, other than "Big Brother" the TV show, not "Big Brother" the all-knowing, all-seeing, harsh master.

What if Zingbot IS Otev this season?

I think the house theme is part meta-BB, part seedy apartment building. It seems to be heavily based on the final Big Brother UK house from 2018 (like, to the point the quotes and shit painted on the walls are in the same font), which may be yet another meta reference, may be because they were studying that version (which used the original BB1 format right to the end, though incorporated BBUS elements at various points) for how to do challenges that were less prop-intensive and liked what they saw, or may just be because they had to get the house ready in a hurry.

4 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

He was the first person evicted last season. They obviously were hoping for better things from him and so he was an alternate to the alternates (Christmas and Enzo were the first alternates), but enough people canceled that the alternates AND the alternates to the alternates all made the cast (David and BB11's Kevin were the alternates to the alternates). 

Ok. That's why I don't remember anything about him, 🙂 I remembered the name and that he is a black guy but nothing else. He went out in the first episode, right ?

20 minutes ago, willco said:

Ok. That's why I don't remember anything about him, 🙂 I remembered the name and that he is a black guy but nothing else. He went out in the first episode, right ?

The one thing that stood out was that due to the Comeback Camp (or whatever it was called), he stayed on the show for four weeks before he was eliminated for good.

Since Boogie came up on the Live Feed Discussion, I thought I'd ask here -- the last I heard, he had a court appearance for July.  I imagine that getting delayed isn't too outlandish to expect in a pandemic, but I haven't heard one way or another.  Anyone have any info?  Is the next time Will calls him, will it be with a piece of plexiglass between them and an armed guard?

Britney H. took over the CBS Big Brother instagram last night. She has made puppets of all the houseguests and Julie (basically cut-outs of their promo shots on sticks) and acted out various moments of that past week. Pretty amusing, with the usual current Britney mix of low-key, deadpan snark and even deaderpan (not a word, I know) self-deprecation.

• Like 1