Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Stinger97

BB in the Media: Outside the Fishbowl

5 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I thought I had read about some other shows that were cut off midseasons that they were finding it difficult to do all the editing and post-production stuff remotely, or however they were trying to do it in this covid world. But that was a awhile ago, and it sounds like Hollywood is doing their own trial and error to get back to work.

Is it a good idea? Is it necessary? No. Will I watch if they do? Lol, yes. Same with baseball starting next week, even though some players have opted out saying they think it's too risky.

I iust hope everyone stays safe. I don't need to see BB: Covid Edition playing out on live feeds.

The Walking Dead's season finale was unable to air back in April because the post-production on that one episode was not finished and they were not prepared to handle it remotely.  Now, months later, they're finishing it up.   Many movies are being filmed in Canada and in other states outside of California right now, and some California productions are happening soon.  TV series are filming in Georgia.  All the VFX work and post-production on Season 2 of The Mandalorian -- which is extensive --  is being done remotely because Lucasfilm and ILM hooked people up with the right equipment.   

I think I said it before in a previous post, but there are at least 36 pages of Guidelines that everyone has to follow in order to make TV shows and movies now.  There are 2-week quarantines wherever it is required.  People are wearing masks and face shields.  The number of people allowed on sets at one time has been reduced.  Film productions are cutting back on background extras.  Actors are self-isolating when they're not filming.  Temperatures are being taken.  COVID-19 tests are being taken.

In other words, people are finding ways to work.  It's very doable as long as the Big Brother people skip the super-elaborate competitions this time around (which would require lots of people on set at one time), and take a more toned-down approach.  The house guests would be tested before going into the house, and probably while in the house too.  They'll stay distant in the Diary Room.  CBS would not be held liable if the HGs willingly signed on to do the show, knowing there could be risks.  I'm sure there are doctors and nurses on staff too.

And also, it would be a shorter season, requiring people to be in the house and on set for less time.

Whether or not CBS actually will go forward with BB this year is another question.   They might decide to just skip it at this point, and then come back in 2021.  They might be testing potential HGs who are turning up as positive for COVID-19, requiring more time to find replacements.   Clearly the season is not starting in a week or two, or I'm sure we would have heard the official word by now.   To me, it seems like they should just wait until September.  September is when at least a few other TV series are going back into production in California and other places.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TVFan17 said:

It's very doable as long as the Big Brother people skip the super-elaborate competitions this time around (which would require lots of people on set at one time), and take a more toned-down approach.  

Man, maybe if they do end up doing it we'll get the return of Pressure Cooker!

1 hour ago, TVFan17 said:

To me, it seems like they should just wait until September.

I think that's probably what will end up happening.

5 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

If BB22 does happen will more people tune in to watch the show/feeds?

I'd say it's certainly possible, especially if they can get it going late summer/early fall when there will almost certainly be nothing else new airing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think that's probably what will end up happening.

Remember when we were discussing a few weeks ago about how BB generally tried to not run into late September because of the conflict with football season? Since it looks like football season may not happen this year, this may be a unique fall prime-time opportunity for BB - especially considering how many more butts are likely to be parked on their sofas on evenings instead of going out.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

What makes you think there will be no virus in September? In the contrary, the virus will be stronger as the temperature falls. The summer was the ideal period to do the season. As time goes by, things will only get worse. In our country doctors are sure that there will be a second wave of the virus in September.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, himela said:

What makes you think there will be no virus in September? In the contrary, the virus will be stronger as the temperature falls. The summer was the ideal period to do the season. As time goes by, things will only get worse. In our country doctors are sure that there will be a second wave of the virus in September.

Hmm... I don't recall saying there would be no virus in September.   Interesting.  I suppose I could have said something similar in an earlier post IF, at that point, it was still appearing that the virus would calm down a bit by the Fall.  But I don't know if I actually said there would be no virus in September.  Things seem to change on a weekly basis with the virus.  In the comment you quoted I said I think they should wait until September to do the show -- meaning IF they are going to do it at all this year (which they may not do) -- after they've had time to go over all 36+ pages of new guidelines, implemented new procedures, gotten everyone tested more than once and figured out how to coordinate everything.  But CBS might decide to skip this year.  Who knows?

If everyone is tested multiple times and does not have the virus -- that includes cast and crew -- then why not put them in a house together if the HGs willingly sign up to do it?  The crew can be isolated somewhere together, just as the cast would be.  If no one has the virus and they are not out gallivanting around on the streets of Los Angeles, being exposed to other people who do have it, then why not do the show? 

I'm not getting into a whole separate virus discussion here because this is a Big Brother thread.  But people have to do for themselves what they need to do, as long as they follow rules set forth by their local governments.  If certain businesses are allowed to resume operations -- including TV productions -- they have the right to do that.   One thing is for sure -- no one can afford to just leisurely wait around at home until a vaccine comes along, with no revenue coming in.  People will find a way to work and to operate businesses because they need to do things like keep roofs over their heads, take care of their families and eat food. 

Also, in Los Angeles, the temperature usually does not drop very much in September.  In fact, some Septembers are much hotter than August or July.  I recall one September when it was something absurd like 110-118 degrees (depending on which area of the county one was in).  October can be hot too.  Of course it can differ from year to year, but we often don't see a significant cool-down until maybe late November or December.  Sometimes February is colder than any other month.   I don't think anyone here has to worry about sudden temperature drops in September being the cause of COVID-19 getting worse in Los Angeles, especially if everyone involved with the show is isolated somewhere when not on the set.  In January or February, it might be a different story, though.  It's the irresponsible people in L.A. who are more likely to make the situation worse.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Hmm... I don't recall saying there would be no virus in September.  

Then why would they choose to skip the season in the summer but do it in September instead? What will have changed in September?

38 minutes ago, himela said:

Then why would they choose to skip the season in the summer but do it in September instead? What will have changed in September?

I already said it above -- "after they've had time to go over all 36+ pages of new guidelines, implemented new procedures, gotten everyone tested more than once and figured out how to coordinate everything."

(It is taking various unions, studios, production companies, networks, etc., more time and effort to set up new systems for people to safely work on sets -- hence, the reason some of them are resuming work or hoping to start up again in September, if all goes well.)

And I also said "They might be testing potential HGs who are turning up as positive for COVID-19, requiring more time to find replacements."

In other words, I said everything I need to say.  I'm not repeating myself.

Edited by TVFan17

56 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I already said it above -- "after they've had time to go over all 36+ pages of new guidelines, implemented new procedures, gotten everyone tested more than once and figured out how to coordinate everything."

(It is taking various unions, studios, production companies, networks, etc., more time and effort to set up new systems for people to safely work on sets -- hence, the reason some of them are resuming work or hoping to start up again in September, if all goes well.)

And I also said "They might be testing potential HGs who are turning up as positive for COVID-19, requiring more time to find replacements."

In other words, I said everything I need to say.  I'm not repeating myself.

The lookdowns for covid-19 have started since March 2020 so I think they have had plenty of time to prepare everything that you're talking about. They saw that Big brother Canada stopped and they had all the information to do whatever was required to start the season so I see no reason to not start in July or August and start in September.

My opinion has always been that they had no intention to do the season but they didn't want to admit it because they want the fans to speculate and hope until they finally announce the season is canceled.

I'm sure all the networks want something to be able to air so they can make money, which is what they care about. I personally have no doubt they are trying to get BB up and running. That seems blatantly obvious based on all the info coming out. It's just a matter of if they're actually able to make everything work. Survivor obviously wasn't able to but some soaps and The Bachelorette were (to an extent).

• Like 3

CBS has nothing in production that can fill the time BB could.  A later start for BB gives them decent filled hours in the heart of the Fall season, which has more HUT (Homes Using Television).  

It also allows for the current Covid spike to settle.   

• Like 1

Kaitlyn linking her coaching sessions to Rockstar has me rolling.

Like, I can get still being bitter tbh but that's the kinda thing you keep to yourself instead of posting about it on twitter.

In other news, CBS has added new Big Brother All Stars merchandise to their store. They even have a face mask lol.

• Laugh 8

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

In other news, CBS has added new Big Brother All Stars merchandise to their store. They even have a face mask lol.

I clicked on it five minutes ago and it was there. Then I browsed the store and couldn't find any other AS merch. Then I came back here and just clicked your link again, and the mask was gone! I'd say someone made a mistake and put up the AS merch too early!

So this is basically confirmation of an All-Stars season, right?

41 minutes ago, dvr devotee said:

I'd say someone made a mistake and put up the AS merch too early!

Yep, another "innocent" mistake...

Next thing, there will be a "fake" profile in twitter giving infornation about new twists...

You know, watching BB is one of those guilty pleasures that I tend not to advertise. Not sure I'm really ready to walk around Fred Meyer with a Big Brother mask on, advertising this fact to the world.

Kaitlyn's response to Rockstar was great. I have to go see if Rockstar responded, or signed up for the coaching 🙂

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 9

2 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

I clicked on it five minutes ago and it was there. Then I browsed the store and couldn't find any other AS merch. Then I came back here and just clicked your link again, and the mask was gone! I'd say someone made a mistake and put up the AS merch too early!

Per Evel Dick houseguests/alternate head to LA for sequester. BB20 Angela in Mexico right now with Haleigh so Tyler being on is probable. 

At least Swaggy is too busy getting rich (and spending it as fast as he’s making it).

1 hour ago, CrazyDog said:

You know, watching BB is one of those guilty pleasures that I tend not to advertise. Not sure I'm really ready to walk around Fred Meyer with a Big Brother mask on, advertising this fact to the world, 

Kaitlyn's response to Rockstar was great. I have to go see if Rockstar responded, or signed up for the coaching 🙂

Prior to that she posted this tweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mrs_ARockstar/status/1284437187262648322

• Like 1

Swaggy is about two emojis short of turning into an MLM hun, with that pitch.

ETA: I seriously can't even decipher that last bit. LEGACY TALK sneeze goat? Huh?

Edited by dvr devotee
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kaitlyn linking her coaching sessions to Rockstar has me rolling.

I wasn’t gonna look - but then you posted this, so I had to.  Frikkin’ hilarious.  
“We can discuss it further if you want - but be forewarned, I charge by the hour....”

🤣🤣🤣

Kinda reminds me of this: https://somethingpositive.net/comic/lowspot-3/

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Here's a cap of what the mask looked like:

EdYXe7YXYAEvUpu?format=jpg&name=large

Whoops.  🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

Per Evel Dick houseguests/alternate head to LA for sequester. BB20 Angela in Mexico right now with Haleigh so Tyler being on is probable. 

At least Swaggy is too busy getting rich (and spending it as fast as he’s making it).

Yeah, and I want a fucking pony.

• Like 1

Man, Swaggy makes me want to take a nap. $100 million? I'm happy with a $20 bill and the delivery guy putting down the pizza and backing away from the entrance to my apartment building with his hands in the air like this is a hold up. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

I'll be honest; I'm REAL nervous that Swaggy is only making people think he's done with Big Brother and then he shows up for All Stars. Either him or Bayleigh. 

Again, seeing as CBS literally didn't give a shit when Swaggy scammed Kevin out of money when he brought him and his wife back twice for BB21, I can see them wanting to bring Swaggy back for All Stars for whatever reason. 

• Like 5

On twitter an account called Spoilergirl1 (went private) has been posting about BB for the past month and last night said the following females are on: Danielle R, Janelle, Daniele D, Davonne.

Said it will start August 5th.

She works on the soaps side at CBS and the BB info is secondhand.

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'll be honest; I'm REAL nervous that Swaggy is only making people think he's done with Big Brother and then he shows up for All Stars. Either him or Bayleigh. 

Again, seeing as CBS literally didn't give a shit when Swaggy scammed Kevin out of money when he brought him and his wife back twice for BB21, I can see them wanting to bring Swaggy back for All Stars for whatever reason. 

Can’t remember if it was HOH or Veto but they had a Kevin/Swaggy movie poster. If Swaggy is on I want Kevin too and Swaggy going out 1st/prejury.

• Like 1

I think Danielle is the player I hate most in Big brother. Maybe I hate her more than her father. She is the Parvati of Big brother for me.

If these rumors are true I'm not sure I will enjoy this season. I would have preferred to see new players in the game.

• Like 2

I never warmed up to Dani D either, despite feeling bad that she had to deal with ED for a father.  I'm excited to see Danielle R tho, and I don't mind Janelle or Davonne--so I guess 3 out of 4 ain't bad!

More names:

Names I’ve heard as locks THIS WEEK: - Janelle - Josh -Kaycee Names I’d heard prior to this week: - Frankie - Day - Dani D - Derrick (Potentially said yes & later changed his mind bc of current climate) - Dan (No clue anymore, hearing mixed things) - Tyler/Angela (Unclear)

Welp, good thing I have an appointment later this week that takes me near a London Drugs store: they're the only one that sells prepaid Amex cards and that's the only way to fool CBS (with a VPN) into thinking that I'm American so I can watch the feeds with BBViewer. Just in time for my birthday, too! You really do love me, Big Broth... oh, wait, Frankie's still on the maybe list? Maybe you don't love me after all. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

I really don't know why Dan would ever do the show again, especially not an All Star season. An All-Star format would actually benefit Derrick, I think. 

• Like 2

Some sources say that it may not be Paulie but Cody who is quarantining. 

As for the list...some names are surprising, most are not. Ian, Hayden, and Daniele Donato are the two names I wasn't really expecting but am ok with. I'm not thrilled with Bayleigh returning, especially with Tyler there, but I can stand Bayleigh a little more than her attention hog of a husband. 

Let's see how right these sources are.

• Like 1

Is Janelle the one who was on The Amazing Race? And one of the Danielle's was her partner? 

I hope they have a Clownshoe competition. 

Also I'd rather have Frankie than Paul. Frankie is like a whining mosquito in your bedroom that keeps you awake but Paul is evil. In a way I'd like to see Cody again as a contrast to Frankie. How about Kaitlyn and Raven? A feud between them would be funny.

Edited by Lamb18 · Reason: Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

6 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I really don't know why Dan would ever do the show again, especially not an All Star season. An All-Star format would actually benefit Derrick, I think. 

Right! It makes no sense to me why Dan would do this show again. I guess maybe he'd do it to promote his Twitch channel but it just doesn't seem worth it to me. I don't understand Derrick doing it again either, but you're right that it does make sense that he'd do an All Stars season.

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Is Janelle the one who was on The Amazing Race? And one of the Danielle's was her partner? 

Janelle was on TAR with Britney from BB12 & BB14.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Some sources say that it may not be Paulie but Cody who is quarantining. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Cody play again. Maybe not with Derrick again though lol. Although it might be interesting to see if he maybe tries to distance himself from Derrick.

I am surprised to see Hayden on TMZ's list. I haven't heard his name at all until now. BB12 sucked and I didn't like Hayden, but I enjoyed him on Survivor and I would actually like to see him play again. As for the rest of TMZ's list, no thanks lol. Except for Dani. And I mean I love Janelle on BB but she's played so many fucking times now it's like please not again!

I still can't really believe they are actually moving forward with this. Even though I'm like this is not a good idea, I'm excited lol.

15 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

Team Janelle all the way.

100% !!!

• Like 3

Giving the vast wasteland that is Network TV this summer, I found myself watching a rerun of The Neighborhood the other night.  Just seeing "Grover Grover Johnson!?" made me smile.  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

That was a picture of Janelle?! I guess she goes to Dorit Kemsley's plastic surgeon for full head transplants. 

These lists are... um... to put it nicely, these lists are a steaming pile of shit. I know I said Frankie would chase me away from watching and so would Paul (unless they were on the same season because The Battle of the Egos would be amazeballs) but Ian. Fuck no. I can't. Not unless Big Brother is quarantining a designated WD-40 operator to grease up the hammock every day. Squeak. Squeak. Squeak. Squeak. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 3

I never warmed up to Dani D either, despite feeling bad that she had to deal with ED for a father.  

Part of the reason I don't like her is how she was a complete hypocrite when it came to her dad.  She would whine about how awful it was to have him for a dad and how everyone was blaming her for his behavior by association, but she had NO problem winding him up and enjoying him going after people she didn't like.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, lasu said:

Part of the reason I don't like her is how she was a complete hypocrite when it came to her dad.  She would whine about how awful it was to have him for a dad and how everyone was blaming her for his behavior by association, but she had NO problem winding him up and enjoying him going after people she didn't like.

I only watched her second season, not her first, so I can't speak to that (since her dad went out very early in season 13) but I feel like it was because she was so young and now that she's a lot older, she may be more mature. Wasn't she only 20 in her first season? Now, she's in her 30s so I think she'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

These lists are... um... to put it nicely, these lists are a steaming pile of shit. I know I said Frankie would chase me away from watching and so would Paul (unless they were on the same season because The Battle of the Egos would be amazeballs) but Ian. Fuck no. I can't. Not unless Big Brother is quarantining a designated WD-40 operator to grease up the hammock every day. Squeak. Squeak. Squeak. Squeak. 

I don't really give a shit about Ian either way. I feel like I'll be able to ignore him like I did in season 14, though I was lucky in that I didn't start watching the live feeds until near the end of that season and not full-time until season 15. 

• Like 2

Oh, God, not Christmas. I was soooo disappointed in her. Just No. And no to Ian - he was smart enough. but I still maintain Dan killed his own game.

And I like Dan, so he needs to stay the hell away. He has a great legacy, and should leave it at that.

Nicole F? No thanks, though I give Victor some kudos to actually getting a career and not just instagramming. 

Janelle could be fun.

3 hours ago, Thalia said:

Giving the vast wasteland that is Network TV this summer, I found myself watching a rerun of The Neighborhood the other night.  Just seeing "Grover Grover Johnson!?" made me smile.  

I'm going to be brave in this thread and actually admit to liking The Neighborhood. Yup. I missed the first few (infamous) eps, so that probably helped. But the cast is great. Apart from Grover. He sucks.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

I only started watching BB with season 20, and afterwards I went and watched Dan's first season. I had intended on watching the other older seasons but now I'm glad I didn't get around to it, so these people will mostly be new to me.

If that August 5th premiere date is true, the show starts two weeks from today! I'm really looking forward to having new TV to watch, and the feeds are always a good time suck.

• Like 2