Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, green said:

just your typical guy married to someone named Real Wellness, heh.

"Real Wellness" isn't Ricky's wife's name; it's the name of the "herbal wellness" [ie, pot] company they co-founded.

On the one hand, Ricky's social issues (and possible pot withdrawal) will likely work against him.  On the other, he's incredibly physically imposing, so BB will have to work the comps so that he can't just dominate them.  One of my most remembered bits of NFL highlight analysis came from Deion Sanders, recapping a Dolphins-Cowboys game where Miami was running a two-RB system with Ricky and Ronnie Brown (ex-Auburn) and Ricky was blocking for Ronnie as they neared the goal line and Sanders pointed out that Dallas cornerback Quinton Jammer had not only not fought through Ricky's block to tackle Ronnie, but he'd leaped out of the way to avoid being pulverized.  (Deion, also a cornerback in his storied career, had likewise had a reputation for preferring pass defense and glamorous interceptions and punt returns and the like, rather than digging in and taking hits to make tackles, but presumably he never took quite so blatant evasive action.)

SANDERS:  Now that's what I like to call "a business decision"!  (As Jammer) "Sorry! I got kids!"

Heh.  But yeah, Ricky was just that big.  And fast, too.  Be interesting to see him challenged in some way, other than simply having nothing but questions comps and crapshoots.

Did Tamar ever really have a singing career, or was she mostly cast from her reality fanbase?  I only remember Toni as a solo act, and that's mostly because she once destroyed the Dallas Mavericks by dating all their stars at once and (understandably) poisoning the locker room.  (Well, okay, "Unbreak My Heart" is obviously a classic.  But I swear I never heard of Tamar until 5 years ago.)

I'm dreading Kato, not because I think he's a bad guy, but because I'm imagining the endless "so, did OJ do it?" marathons that will suck up too much of the downtime.  This year's version of "Omarosa, is Trump really going to kill us all?", which IMO got real old real quick.  On the plus side, Brian doesn't have a book to push (I don't think…I hope) so maybe he'll just give the honest answer ("Beats me.  I was asleep.") and let the conversation move on.

So Ryan Lochte isn't out as gay?  I guess Bennett is their Designated Homosexual for the season.  (Not that Ryan and Lolo haven't both had their share of rumors, though.)  Interesting to see Jonathan interact with his most notorious castmate's equally notorious mom.  I assume they're friendly, but I guess we'll find out.

Scaramucci I'm not impressed by.  He was a tempest in a teapot…and very much old news at this point.

Have no idea who wrestler girl is.  I'm assuming they're a dime a dozen, and can't think of a reason to care.

Kandi seems to have had a nice music career and Brandi wasn't too horrible last season, so I guess I should put my anti-Housewives biases aside and give her a chance.  Still wary, though.

A Lawrence Bro? Oyyyy.  Can't NBC claim eternal ownership of them and give him the hook? No?  Oh, well.

See ya next week!

• Love 1

Just finished the RHAP podcast. Very funny and entertaining. Rob and Brent's comments about Tamar in particular cracked me up. 

Going back to how the celebs are mostly older, though... Brent literally hadn't heard of several of them, including Joey Lawrence. He was like, "What's"Blossom"? I feel old. 

Edited by Melina22
54 minutes ago, nickp1991 said:

the mooch will last longer in the big brother house than the white house and he will only have to survive two votes to do that

Short of self-evicting after the first glass of Welcome-to-the-BB-House champagne, Mooch would be pretty hard-put to last less.  ;>

Actually, this almost begs for a pool.  ;)

Or a poll - either one.

ETA: So let’s make one!  :D

Edited by Nashville
I’m a baaaad boy....
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, gunderda said:

I was considering not getting the feeds but now I will!

I wish I could say I was ever considering not getting the feeds, but I would be lying if I did. I'll say it again, it's a sickness, man!

3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Rob and Brent's comments about Tamar in particular cracked me up. 

What did they say?

@LadyChatts do you remember how long before the premiere we got house pics last year?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

According to Reddit, House Tour is coming Wednesday. I also assume interviews will be in the next couple of days. 

ETA: Actually, some interviews are coming out. Ika's one of the main interviewers again. 

The link I'm trying to post here isn't working; likely because it's linking to ET Canada's Youtube channel. 

Edited by Lady Calypso

Peachmangosteen, Rob and Brent related her habit of storming out of events at the last minute. She was supposed to appear at some quite high profile event but stormed out midway because someone inadvertently turned away the person who was delivering her special food. (!) I can't remember the other event she stormed out of. Anyway, they were joking about how much they were hoping she stormed out of CBB, as opposed to being voted out. I don't know anything about her, but it doesn't sound like she plays well with others. I'm expecting some drama. 

On the other hand, they talked about how stultifyingly dull Ryan Lochte was in his interviews, and how they can't imagine him being entertaining on the show. But they did it in a way that had me giggling. 

They analyzed each guest in depth. It was highly entertaining. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Nashville said:

• Anthony Scaramucci - the closest I can find to anything approaching a semi-positive quality in this individual is his unapologetic attitude towards his own unique brand of absolute  amorality.  The Mooch may be a valueless twit with no redeeming human qualities whatsoever, but he has zero problems with owning it.

This is an excellent encapsulation of why I love the guy. (As a reality star, not in actual real life.) This, and every time he made me picture Toby Zeigler having an utter ragestroke meltdown, during his brief tenure as WHCD. 

• Love 4
On 1/14/2019 at 8:58 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I'll be the lone person so far and say I hate Kandi.

*Brings in bowl of chips and a few beers to share*.....don't fret Peach, you ain't the only one!  This biffa annoys the bluedilly hell out of me and I hope she's toast first.

I'm pissed, I thought Tiffany Pollard (New York!) was one of the contestants.

Didn't Ricky try to kill himself, or am I thinking of someone else?

*Lowers head*....I think Kato looks good.  Maybe it is the glasses.

Always liked Tom Green albeit his weirdness.  I see him as the quiet and chilled one.

I see Tamar and Dina bringing the drama.

Damn Joey, you must really need the money....WHOA!

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 6

I wonder if Kato will try to actually go by his name, which is Brian. Like Ryan, he's not the sharpest crayon in the box, but I've always felt kind of sorry for him. He probably thought he had it made - friends with a beloved sports figure (or "friends", since OJ was basically keeping him around to keep him away from Nicole,) living in a Brentwood mansion rent-free, hoping he could bump into enough bigwigs that he might actually get a career break of some sort out of it. And then finds himself in the middle of a huge tragic mess, and suddenly he's a laughingstock, portrayed almost exclusively as a clueless user sycophant hanger-on. I may actually get feeds this time, even without my girl Tiffany.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Didn't Ricky try to kill himself, or am I thinking of someone else?

Ricky has a long history of social anxiety disorder (before getting right through pot and yoga), to the point where he would do post-game interviews while still wearing his helmet with its tinted visor, but I don't recall a suicide attempt, thankfully.

You may be thinking of another ex-Longhorn star, the quarterback Vince Young, who when playing for the Tennessee Titans in 2008 raised severe flags when he left his house without a cellphone during a depressive episode (he'd been booed off the field after throwing an interception and had suffered an injury which meant he would be replaced by Kerry Collins for the next few weeks) and caused his mother to worry he was attempting to self-harm when he couldn't be located for several hours.  But Young had not in fact attempted suicide; he was found sleeping in his car and IIRC was placed on an unable-to-perform list for the remainder of the season, with Collins taking the job.

(Under Collins, the Titans posted the best record in their conference, but fell flat in the playoffs.  The next year, the Titans stumbled to an 0-6 start [the last game a thorough 59-0 humiliation by the New England Patriots] and after a bye week, the coach gave in to pressure from the front office and returned Young to the job.  Whereupon the team went on a winning streak, and nearly made the postseason, after all.  Young then played out the remainder of a normal career.)

Thankfully, I doubt BB would cast anyone, celebrity or not, who was in any danger of becoming suicidal.

• Love 2

"You got politics in my Big Brother!" "You got Big Brother in my politics!" Do we really have to do this again? Really? 

And Tom Green? The one who "pretended" to have sex with a dead moose on TV? Freddy Got Fingered? "Daddy, would you like some sausage?" Please be first out. Please be first out. *crosses fingers*

Dina Lohan, Joey Lawrence, and Kato Kaelin can be an alliance and name themselves the Broke and Bankrupted Bitches.

Eva Marie and her fantastic stripperfic outfits. Yaaaay. At least the purple hair looks better than the Ronald McDonald red ever did? She's probably contractually obligated to never dye her hair red again. 

A bunch of athletes I know but don't care about. Call me when some hockey players show up on here.

And hey, look at that, bringing up the rear are two Dancing with the Stars losers. Oh and Kandi. I like Kandi.

2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Thankfully, I doubt BB would cast anyone, celebrity or not, who was in any danger of becoming suicidal.

Raven totally would have tried it just for the attention. She eyed that Sky Bridge all season long. I'm still disappointed that she never went over the edge. But she probably would have survived, what with the whole two hearts thing. 

Ah, it doesn't feel like a season of Big Brother until I get to a) bitch and b) make Raven jokes. Check and check.

ETA: Where are we hanging for this season of CBB? Here or is there a specific forum that I just can't seem to find?

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

You may be thinking of another ex-Longhorn star, the quarterback Vince Young

Unlike many Titans fans, I put VY solidly in the “pretty good” category; better-than-average natural ability, but not very spontaneous (especially under pressure) and cursed with a skin too thin to withstand the rigors of being a starting QB in the NFL.  The lack of spontaneity was IMHO the death knell to VY’s career; he wasn’t flexible enough game-wise to shake a series of “tells”, and once the other teams had enough film on Vince to figure them out his playing days were over.  I still have one of his jerseys back in my closet somewhere.

2 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Hmmm, this is going to bother me until I can think of the guy.

Erik Kramer, maybe?

Edited by Nashville
Film at 11

I hear you about Tom Green. He's kept a low profile for many years, but in his heyday he was so bizarre that I used to wonder if he had a personality disorder. Wasn't he the one who filled his parent's living room with wildlife for a prank? The room was completely trashed. Of course he filmed it. I remember his parents looking so long suffering. 

• Love 2
On 1/14/2019 at 5:00 PM, nickp1991 said:

the mooch will last longer in the big brother house than the white house and he will only have to survive two votes to do that

That is the bet!  Will he or won't he?

If they start talking football........................I will change the damn channel.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

*Lowers head*....I think Kato looks good.  Maybe it is the glasses.

Same.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Where are we hanging for this season of CBB? Here or is there a specific forum that I just can't seem to find?

I think the ep threads and live feeds thread were just on this forum last season.

Where are the house pics, dammit?!

ETA: Found the house tour. For some reason the vid won't embed, so here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mpyIeUVGcg

• Love 1

So the video above wouldn't play for me so I went to the CBS site to find it (it's not there, of course) BUT apparently Canadians can sign up for All Access now? I don't have to pirate the feeds anymore? About fucking time. The last time I can remember Canada being able to get the feeds legally, it was still through Real Player. 

Although apparently it was available for Canadians during the last regular season of Big Brother. Oops. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1

@Callaphera Yea, I don't know why that vid won't embed. Try going to the link (I added it to my post) and see if that works. 

ETA: OK, well, apparently the official youtube took the video down. It's still working for me in the tab I pulled it up on when I first saw it though. Weird.

I think the ET vid is working still.

Well, the video just hit Facebook and lemme tell you, that cabinetry in the bathroom? Looks like the furniture my parents had in their bedroom in the 80's. 

Also Julie Chen-Moonves (ugh) says "liberry". Really, Julie?

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

The house is boring, but I like it.

At least they’re trying to be somewhat classy now – even if “trying“ in this case means “copying something we heard was classy”.  :>

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Is the weight room the Have Not room? Usually the weights are outside.

This is the "app" room from bb20, previously the "paris" room.   It was the weight room for the celebs last year too.

I saw the interview with Tamar where she said she'd never had a roommate. Does that mean she's never had a husband or boyfriend? I know zilch about her, but that seems unlikely. Anyway, I'm not a Real Housewives watcher, but I still recognized all the Real Housewives mannerisms, hair flipping etc. in her interview. Personally I find it super annoying, but in a different setting maybe she'll be able to act more like a regular human. I noticed that Brandi acted relatively normal last season. 

Or...she'll drive the rest of them crazy and storm out or get voted out almost immediately. Either way, I have my popcorn ready. 

3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I saw the interview with Tamar where she said she'd never had a roommate. Does that mean she's never had a husband or boyfriend?

She's been married and divorced twice.  Last several years her life been shown on 2 reality shows.  Was on the talk show "The Real" and was let go.   Much of the persona on tv is diva attitude and inability to get along with others and that she is always trying to get out from under sister Toni Braxton shadow.

• Love 2

Diva. That's the word I was looking for. She's certainly learned to project both the diva attitude and the ability to get along with absolutely no one. Mind you, I suppose her life has taught her that this is the personality that gets her what she needs. Hopefully there's someone nice under all of that. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wonder why they didn't show the backyard? I'm thinking maybe it's just the same one from last year.

Probably because they don't get much of the backyard. Just enough for the lounge area and hot tub.  Celebrity BB goes so fast that they don't have time to give them the entire backyard. 

• Love 2

I had to check the Vegas twitter feed to see what was happening - Tamar hates the bathroom and turn off the cameras so she can pee, people! Someone freaked out because they're locked in! Kandi doesn't like the loud wake-up music! - and wow... New!Vegas and Old!Vegas sure sound like they're the same person. I'm already calling this as the most entertaining part of the season for me and the show hasn't even started airing yet. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I had to check the Vegas twitter feed to see what was happening - Tamar hates the bathroom and turn off the cameras so she can pee, people! Someone freaked out because they're locked in! Kandi doesn't like the loud wake-up music! - and wow... New!Vegas and Old!Vegas sure sound like they're the same person. I'm already calling this as the most entertaining part of the season for me and the show hasn't even started airing yet. 

These may be fake spoilers, by the way. Vegas said that the houseguests moved in on Monday but another reliable source, Hamsterwatch, said that they moved in yesterday. It could be that Vegas was actually fired from her job and is trying to milk all that she can before the feeds turn on. So I wouldn't necessarily buy what Vegas is saying right now. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

These may be fake spoilers, by the way. Vegas said that the houseguests moved in on Monday but another reliable source, Hamsterwatch, said that they moved in yesterday. It could be that Vegas was actually fired from her job and is trying to milk all that she can before the feeds turn on. So I wouldn't necessarily buy what Vegas is saying right now. 

Oh I never have until it's been proven. I don't trust any of them. I'm just amused at the "no, it's a different Vegas! Not the same Vegas!" It's kinda like the whole "I have a girlfriend. She's... uh... in Canada. So you can't meet her. BUT TOTALLY REAL, GUYS!"

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I saw the interview with Tamar where she said she'd never had a roommate. Does that mean she's never had a husband or boyfriend? I know zilch about her, but that seems unlikely. Anyway, I'm not a Real Housewives watcher, but I still recognized all the Real Housewives mannerisms, hair flipping etc. in her interview. Personally I find it super annoying, but in a different setting maybe she'll be able to act more like a regular human. I noticed that Brandi acted relatively normal last season. 

Has Tamar been on Real Housewives?

9 minutes ago, gunderda said:

The feeds went on for a little bit.  Did anyone catch it?

Ugh no! I wonder if flashback is working?

17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Has Tamar been on Real Housewives?

Good question. I think I assumed she had because she acted and spoke like one. Now that you mention it though, maybe she hasn't! 

Just now, Melina22 said:

Good question. I think I assumed she had because she acted and spoke like one. Now that you mention it though, maybe she hasn't! 

Yea, I don't think she has been. She was on DWtS and I believe she may have been in that Braxton Family Values show.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Is the weight room the Have Not room? Usually the weights are outside.

The weight room is the former BB App room - also famously known as the room last season where Kaitlyn could not finish an 8(?)-piece puzzle in two minutes or less.  :>

• Love 1