Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Halting Hex said:

I believe the clues indicate an elected official.  Even American voters haven't been so crazy as to vote for Omarosa.

That said, the building emoji is an image of the Supreme Court.  Bret Kavanaugh, anybody?  Just keep the fridge stocked with lots (and lots, and lots) of beer, I guess.  The Court's not in session between January 16 and February 19, so I guess it's doable.  I just don't know why any Justice would want to do it.

Paul Ryan is free I hear.  So are quite a few other former congressmen who lost their seats in November.

Dan Quayle?  

Maybe it will e Kate McKinnon in character as Ruth Bader Ginsberg the whole time.  Or maybe Kate as Hillary.   Or...this would be awesome...a reverse twin twist where one person plays as two people and she does both.  

• Love 4

Scaramucci was being suggested last time around, though, and he's far less relevant now.  I think Grodner's looking get bigger names this time (now that the first iteration was a success) not go back to people who've barely been in the news since early 2017.  But JMO.

5 hours ago, Hanahope said:

Dan Quayle?  

Reading these two words I immediately flashed back to a “Dennis Miller Show” opening monologue circa late 1992, as the Bush/Quayle era was known to be drawing to a close. Miller comes out after his intro, waits for the applause to die down, and goes into his monologue.

Or rather, Miller starts to go into his monologue; he says - not loudly, but emphatically - two words: “DAN QUAYLE...”

The audience immediately starts laughing, but the laughter grows as they realize Miller is not continuing - he has stopped talking, and is looking at them with the biggest shit-eating grin in the world spreading across his face.  The laughter gets louder and more raucous until it is a full-blown roof-shaking celebration of an ovation.

After close to a solid minute the laughter finally dies down - at which point Miller sticks his hands in his pockets, half-looks up at the lights, and says (half-jokingly/half-wistfully), “Oh, Danny boy - we are gonna MISS youuuuu....”

Classic.

P. S.: I tried to find it on YouTube to share its deliciousness, but was unsuccessful.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:20 PM, RandomWatcher said:

9 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

the building emoji is an image of the Supreme Court.

Welllllll... technically speaking, that’s the Classical Building emoji.  It’s a generic representation which could be the Supreme Court building - or the National Gallery of Art - or the Jefferson Memorial - or any other building based on the classical/neoclassical Roman temple architecture, which used to be very popular with courthouses and other government buildings.  :)

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Nashville said:

or the Jefferson Memorial

That's actually what I thought of, at first, but I couldn't see how it related to any people, per se.  (I mean, tour guides at the Memorial hardly qualify as celebrities, after all.)

I suppose it could be a famous relative/descendant of Jefferson, though.  And so I present:

Jennifer Lawrence, Jefferson's 1st cousin, 7-times-removed.

With our luck, though, we're more likely to get:

Paris Hilton, Jefferson's 11th cousin, 6-times-removed.

(Had no idea that Paris was a Neville, I admit.)

Edited by Halting Hex
14 hours ago, Nashville said:

r rather, Miller starts to go into his monologue; he says - not loudly, but emphatically - two words: “DAN QUAYLE...”

I only mentioned his name because when I was watching GHWB's funeral, the newscasters pointed him out, and I thought, "boy, there's a whatever happened to guy"  and I just thought, hey maybe he has some free time, heh.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hanahope said:

I only mentioned his name because when I was watching GHWB's funeral, the newscasters pointed him out, and I thought, "boy, there's a whatever happened to guy"  and I just thought, hey maybe he has some free time, heh.  

Frankly, I doubt Dan Quayle wants to see another TV camera for the remainder of his life.  :>

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Is there really no activity on BB Celebrity or am I in the wrong thread/forum?  I can't find anything "BBCelebrity" here in this forum

As far as I know, the only things so far are the schedule, which I think was linked her but I'm not sure, and a couple tweets from Vegas, which I also think were posted but here they are:

And I noticed they just posted this on the 1st:

46 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

It...doesn't sound true, but it also doesn't sound fake. It's weird, because I COULD believe most of the people on this list but it's also missing that really big IT factor, you know? The first season had Omarosa, but also had a bunch of others who you could realistically see people tuning in for.

It sounds more like a Twitter-created Dream Cast (Tiffany Pollard and Sean Spicer have been brought up to be on this show for online fandoms since before the casting for season 1) than something real. I think a couple could genuinely be part of the cast, but I think more than likely that it'll be a mix between this list (likely no more than two real celebs) and other celebs. It's still a week too early for the cast to come out, and celebs could always back out last minute. 

So I lean toward this being fairly fake but with some good guesses. 

Not Bobby Moynihan...why? I actually like him and hate that he's on this trainwreck.

Sean Spicer...lol. I'll be so happy if he's on here though. A hard pass from me on Stephen Baldwin. 

I can definitely see the drama happening if this list is true.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't hate that list. And I could see maybe like half of those end up being true.

Does anyone remember when the cast was announced last season? Was it a week before the premiere?

Last season, the cast was announced on January 28th and the premiere episode was February 7th. Though it was announced on the 28th only because they wanted to do it during the Grammys. So I guess the announcement could take place later this week, on Friday or something. I don't see it being any earlier.

There are several people on that list I really don't want to see on the show. Then again, I felt like that about a couple of people in the last CBB and ended up enjoying the season a lot. 

It was funny, because I was sure that the season would be endless battling egos and giant personalities who didn't have an Off switch, and oddly, it didn't work out like that. I suppose celebrities got to be celebrities by knowing how to behave on camera, and knowing what their audience wants. Thankfully, they kept things pleasant and fun, without a huge amount of ego or bitterness. Or sleaziness. 

Either way, I can't lie. I'll be watching every second. 

(No offense to Sean Spicer, but how surreal would it be to watch him getting covered with slime and throwing himself in front of Otev? The absurdity and ridiculousness of this image is one of the reasons I won't miss an episode.) (FYI, that was not a political comment! I just love weird juxtapositions.) 

• Love 3

LOL -  I actually had to Google Sean Spicer because I couldn't figure out who he is,  and I follow politics pretty closely.

sic transit gloria mundi

Otherwise, I only barely recognized 5 people on the list (celebrity????).  I don't follow pop culture that much and given the 5 I did recognize I'm probably way ahead for it.

What a way to celebrate the end of so many insignificant careers.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

What a way to celebrate the end of so many insignificant careers.

If this is the lineup, they can celebrate all they want.  Me, I got some good books to catch up on.

• Love 2

I have to admit I'm a little sad about Sean Spicer. His position as press secretary (?)   really positions him as a minion of the corporate world. But a stint on a TV reality show like Big Brother blows that right out of the water. Who would hire him now? This, if true, proves that he has no sense of what might be "appropriate." Appearances are everything in both the corporate and political worlds. This is a big, bold-faced FAIL.  So sad to witness a "crash and burn" like this. Again, if true.

ETA: "sad for" (imo) implies some level of respect. I just pity the man for being a bumbling fool, whether he is on the show or not.  In life, he's completely in over his head. He's like the dim-witted cousin the whole family gently acknowledges as (ahem),  just a bit slow, don't you know. At least his successor (SHS) grasps how the game is played, whether she's on my team or not. (Not!)

Heh - so much for character assassination (cough).

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2

As previously noted, I have no political opinion on Sean Spicer. However, I did appreciate that he was able to laugh at himself, when I heard that at the first press conference after Melissa McCarthy's hysterical skit on SNL, he was planning to take out one of those super water blasters and pretend to shoot the reporters with it. Sadly he was told not to do it. I mean yes, it would have been very unprofessional, but I'll bet the reporters and viewers would have loved it. Either way, no matter what you think of him, he must have a good sense of humour. And that makes for a great BB guest. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

And now while this is old news and more mentioned on the Challenge forums, Cara Maria and Paulie broke up and much drama was had on Twitter

Heh, I read about that, not even meaning to but I found it very entertaining. Whoever dates Paulie next needs to get her priorities straight. Guy has straight up admitted that he's incapable of staying faithful and, therefore, nowhere near ready for a serious relationship. No girl should want to date Paulie. 

5 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Sean Spicer...... he was planning to take out one of those super water blasters and pretend to shoot the reporters with it......he must have a good sense of humour. And that makes for a great BB guest. 

That would have been a great moment. I just don't think being on reality TV does anybody's career any good unless they are aiming for Professional Famewhore.

• Love 2
On 1/6/2019 at 1:02 PM, HartofDixie said:

Caitlyn and Tonya in the same house?   That might be a lot to take, if that cast list turns out to be accurate.    I can't tell if they would hit it off because of the shared sports/Olympics background, or if they would hate each other.

I can definitely picture a lot of those people being asked to be on the show -- especially Carson, Dina, Stephen and Aubrey, as they have been on various reality shows in the past.     I like Carson.  I like Bobby.   I like Jonathan (in fact, I just watched Jonathan in a Hallmark Channel Christmas movie a couple of weeks ago, but I knew him from Food Network too).  Jonathan and Dina can chat about Lindsay Lohan (since he knows Lindsay from his Mean Girls days).

Now, of course, that list might not be accurate, so who knows?  It is easier to believe that certain people would be willing to do it because the season is so short.  If this were a 3-month season, it would be harder to get some of them in there.

Well, whoever is on it, I will be watching once again!   I remember being awake at odd hours last year, typing here on this forum as drunk Brandi blurted out the names of famous guys she had slept with and generally acted like an obnoxious fool (humping the produce), and various alliances formed and crumbled, and Marissa talked... and talked... and talked.   They squeezed a lot of entertainment out of those short couple of weeks!

Two things I really liked about the last short celebrity season were that (1) it didn't take me 2 or 3 weeks to learn everyone's names (as it does during a non-celebrity season), and (2) they got right down to business and started playing the game quickly.  They didn't have 3 months to waste, so they had to jump right into it.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3

Lindsay Lohan is making the rounds, promoting her new reality show.   One of her stops was the Howard Stern show.   He asked her if her mom, Dina, is going to be on Big Brother.   Lindsay said her mom won't tell her anything or won't talk to her about it (and I think she was just trying to give a safe answer that wouldn't get her or her mother in trouble).   Howard said that he'd want to to see Dina and Caitlyn Jenner in the same house.   Lindsay laughed and said that she'd want to see it/them too.

So I am going to assume that if Dina were not doing the show, Lindsay would have just said that she is not doing it.   The fact that her answer was that her mom won't tell her anything leads me to think it is 100% accurate that Dina will be in the house.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Heh. So there's some behind the scenes BB drama with the infamous Vegas4sure, the person who has been leaking spoilers for two years. It turns out that she's exposed, full name and all online, so people know who she is. Some PR person exposed Vegas' true identity. The link above is just a link to Reddit about the situation.

So I'm guessing that's it for spoilers.

The PR is the one that represents Angela/Tyler, Jessica/Cody etc.

6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Heh. So there's some behind the scenes BB drama with the infamous Vegas4sure, the person who has been leaking spoilers for two years. It turns out that she's exposed, full name and all online, so people know who she is. Some PR person exposed Vegas' true identity. The link above is just a link to Reddit about the situation.

So I'm guessing that's it for spoilers.

Well... a name was put out there; not sure if it has yet been confirmed it’s the name.  Vegas initially denied and stated the person named might have grounds for a nice little civil suit against PRchick, Vegas and PRchick went back and forth about it for a few hours, then Vegas took her account private - because of exposure,  or maybe fear of getting caught up in some legally disadvantageous shit?  Can’t say for sure.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Nashville said:

Well... a name was put out there; not sure if it has yet been confirmed it’s the name.  Vegas initially denied and stated the person named might have grounds for a nice little civil suit against PRchick, Vegas and PRchick went back and forth about it for a few hours, then Vegas took her account private - because of exposure,  or maybe fear of getting caught up in some legally disadvantageous shit?  Can’t say for sure.

Well, Vegas came back to Twitter today so....she clearly doesn't care if she isn't the person whose name is now out there and a woman's name was smeared in the BB fandom because of her immature antics. So it's pretty clear that Vegas IS the person....or Vegas is a shitty selfish person. 

Anyways, we have an officially confirmed celeb: some former WWE star named Natalie Eva Marie. There's a video of her shooting her CBB intro segment in a gym (from what the Twitter user who was there said). So that list posted above is already false. 

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, Vegas came back to Twitter today so....she clearly doesn't care if she isn't the person whose name is now out there and a woman's name was smeared in the BB fandom because of her immature antics. So it's pretty clear that Vegas IS the person....or Vegas is a shitty selfish person. 

Well, it was LoriK who threw the woman’s name out there, not Vegas; Vegas’s sole references to the name were simply (a) she was not the person named, and (b) that person might have some grounds for legal retribution against LoriK for throwing her name out there.  If there’s any blame to be assigned,  I’d say it would/should land at Lori’s feet.  Not that it really matters - the entirety of the matter was a tempest in a very small Twitter teapot, IMHO.  :)

Edited by Nashville
Tweet tweet!
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Anyways, we have an officially confirmed celeb: some former WWE star named Natalie Eva Marie. There's a video of her shooting her CBB intro segment in a gym (from what the Twitter user who was there said). So that list posted above is already false. 

I'm not sure if the entire list is false, especially seeing how Lindsay Lohan is handling the questions being asked of her about her mom's involvement on the show (I saw her asked about it a second time last night, and she was definitely keeping quiet about something -- her facial expression gave it away).   

I think that the list of people is probably accurate as far as who was approached to be on the show -- there is every reason to believe that Caitlyn, Tonya, Carson, Dina, etc., would be asked.   But it could be that some people ultimately turned down the offer, and then other people (new names) were approached after that original list was circulated. 

Whether or not any of the people on the list (including Dina) actually end up in the house is another story, but I'm sure they were asked, and that an early version of the list could have leaked out.

I have no idea who that WWE person is, though.    I am not up to date on the wrestling world at all!

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Apparently it's a new Vegas

So she says but I'm pretty sure she's lying to save face. She basically contradicted this fact in her very next tweet about how she had information about Eva Marie being on the show and that it's no coincidence from her previous tweets. 

4 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I'm not sure if the entire list is false, especially seeing how Lindsay Lohan is handling the questions being asked of her about her mom's involvement on the show (I saw her asked about it a second time last night, and she was definitely keeping quiet about something -- her facial expression gave it away).   

I've seen about six different lists in the past week, all containing Dina Lohan's name but that's because she's been talked about to be a houseguest for about a month, since she declared bankruptcy. So Dina being on the show is not going to be a surprise because the media has been talking about it for weeks (they're saying she's going to use the show to pay off some of her bills). 

Apparently, according to Vegas, Tiffany Pollard is in negotiations and she wants the pay Omarosa got last season (more than $1 million) which is ridiculous if this is true. Omarosa got paid a shit ton for a very specific reason. They won't ever extend the same price to someone like Tiffany Pollard. 

I had to Google half of that list. There's no one on the list I'm excited to see, although I suspect Sean Spicer might be interesting. Then again, I'm embarrassed to admit I watched several seasons of The Surreal Life and found it bizarrely fascinating, so I'll go into this with an open mind. 

• Love 2

I am so here for Tiffany Pollard. 

I can't really watch BB. Way too much racism. I still have flashbacks from Aaryn (the name was a dead giveaway) and and Gina Marie. I haven't watched since then other than CBB last year. Even then there were tinges of racism. It's the casting agent. They have to purposely pick these people. Which says a lot about them. I've heard that there will be a new casting agent, so I'm giving it another chance this summer. 

Bring on Tiffany! 

Edited by Queena
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ugh to the max if Johnny is on. 

Who or what is a Johnny Bananas**  Should I even care?  If I don't know any of the "celebrities"* does that make it just a regular but shorter season of BB?

*You know you're getting old when you don't recognize most of the people in People magazine.

** Googled him. Meh.  I don't waste healthy brain cells on that kind of trivia.   But then that's probably all BB can get with 1 or 2 exceptions.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Skycatcher said:

Who, or what, is a Johnny Bananas?  Should I even care? 

He's a nobody and no, you should not care.

Really he's just some asshole that was on the Real World and has now made a career out of appearing on The Challenge on MTV. He is in no shape or form a celebrity.

• Love 3

Thanks, Peaches*.  My only reason to watch is to get together here with the old gang. I have such a good time snarking with y'all.

*Even tho I think you're just Peachy - one of my faves on this board - I tagged you as Peaches instead of Peachy 'cause I didn't want to confuse you with JP on Survivor. 😙😉

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2