Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

Looks like Holly, the simple Dude Ranch cow-poke from Wyoming is anything but.

Former Miss Wyoming, Dated Bachelorette dude, Luke Pell.

https://www.bustle.com/p/who-is-luke-pells-girlfriend-holly-allen-the-bachelorette-star-are-going-strong-after-his-reality-tv-stint-8513589

"According to Allen's Instagram account, she was a former Miss Wyoming USA in 2012. Her LinkedIn page details that she got to travel around Wyoming and the country as part of the Miss Universe Organization. The page also notes that she currently works as an actor/model for Peak Models and Talent and even has a cool job as a Vineyard Guide, where she takes visitors along for tours of Malibu Family Wines. So, it sounds as though Pell's girlfriend is more than successful in her own right."

I am giddy thinking we will get another pagent contestant with Queen syndrome!  Oh please let her have a glorious melt down like CrayBay!!! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I feel embarrassed to admit that Tyler and Angela's jewelry company isn't that bad. I could actually buy their stuff, because I'm a simple person. I mean, I won't, but I could.

I liked some of it also, and I'm not a nautical kind of gal. I'm not running out to purchase anything either, but there were a handful of pieces I thought were nice. Weirdly enough, I liked a bracelet the most and I never wear those.

• Love 1

Please.  No showmances.  Please.  I'm so tired of them, but all these famewhores know that is the path to fortune and glory, that's where the camera time goes and all the post show interviews go and all the BB events go.   They're probably all eyeing each other and drawing straws before the camera turns on to see who will be paired up with who.  I'm so sick of it. 

Unless there is a first time LGBTQ showmance.  That would really be something....  It will never happen, but it would certainly break ground!

• Love 2

I know it would never happen but I'm all twisted out. Can't we just have 16-18 people win either HOH or Veto and then vote somone out?! The twist really aren't needed. I know it's too long in the tooth for the show but I'd be happy if were un-twisted. LOL!!!

• Love 2

I'm putting this under a spoiler tag, because it's about the first (presumably, HOH) comp.

Spoiler

1) This sounds pretty good to me. I like the "fumble around in the darkness" comps when they're not scary.

2) TV Guide hard copy is still a thing???

• Useful 1

I love 'fumble around in the dark' challenges so I'm excited for that.

Does anyone remember when we got the house pics last year? ETA: I went ahead a checked for myself and it was the Wednesday after the cast reveal so I assume we'll get them tomorrow.

• Love 1

RE: The first comp

Spoiler

I had a moment reading the tweet where I got confused and thought they were searching for Forrest Gump. I was like, damn, they increased the budget like whoa this year!

9 hours ago, xKHANx said:

Looks like Holly, the simple Dude Ranch cow-poke from Wyoming is anything but.

Ah, good ol' Big Brother. They needed someone to fill the Nicoooole-uh role and not the Rachel role so they're gonna make her pretend that she doesn't know what a cell phone or Britney Spears is on the broadcast show. I'm still snort-laughing about her "I didn't listen to pop music until the second grade" line, like that's something remarkable. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I liked some of it also, and I'm not a nautical kind of gal. I'm not running out to purchase anything either, but there were a handful of pieces I thought were nice. Weirdly enough, I liked a bracelet the most and I never wear those.

I’m just impressed they don’t have to work 9-5. How do people survive with no jobs living in California? Did they win that much money on BB? That said, the jewelry isn’t horrible but it’s something I wouldn’t wear myself. I think I’m too old. LOL!!!

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Interesting. Reddit is speculating this could mean a duo's twist

If you watch the Jeff interviews, Diet Drogo Jack and IsaBella both said they climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro but IsaBella went a step further and said she did it with her ex. And a lot of them seem to be from the same area (a large number of New York/New Jersey people). I think there have been a few other connections that have been unearthed but I'm not sure what's gossip and what's confirmed so far. 

Global TV has started running their comprised of previous seasons Big Brother commercials, where they ask if this will be a season of All-Stars, Dynamic Duos, or a Houseful of Paul Clones. It's like all of my worst fears all rolled into one (and yes, there's a quick shot of Frankie Grande, too). The best (only good?) part of it is ending with Miss Final Destination Jillian. 

In other words, Global started their troll game early and have expanded from just Twitter this season. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Julie Chen's assistant/social media lackey has been busy. No house tour yet but the rumours about the theme for the summer seem right on with these tweets. No major spoilers so I won't bother hiding them. 

Chess set peek:

Orwell! He looks a bit drunk. Not that I can blame him:

Nice faux HBC blanket there, BB. 

• LOL 1
42 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Never mind! The house tour is up from Entertainment Tonight! It's, um, hideous? Yeah, that's a good word for it. 

Oh yeah....the house doesn't look great, to be honest. I'll need to see the full house tour but right now? Not very impressed.

4 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Looks like they got Andy to design it.

How so?  I didn’t see a single thing out of the Garanimals clothing line.  😆

2 hours ago, Maverick said:

The outdoorsy theme isn't a bad idea, and they almost got a kitschy summer camp vibe but they got lost on the trail and veered toward hot mess. 

Pardon me for thinking you just described every season of BB ever.

• Love 8

I’m just fecking irritated that The Chenbot is actually back this summer. Isn’t it sort of a slap in the face to Moonves’ victims by CBS? Especially when she defiantly identifies herself as Julie Chen Moonves? I don’t think the show would suffer one bit if they replaced her with someone decent.

• Love 10

Wowsers! That'll knock your eyes out. I've never not found the BB house to be super tacky and clashy, but this one is over the top, apart from the HOH room which is bearable. 

After just finishing the last season of BB Canada, I find the US BB house to be sooo claustrophobic and small. This is such a long-running franchise. I don't know why they can't improve the house. 

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Julie again. I hope that since she's more or less unemployed apart from BB (to my knowledge, like I'm so informed about her life) that she'll be even more engaged in the show. The best hosts like Phil, Jeff Probst and Arisa, are the ones who seem to eat, sleep and breathe their show. 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel really bad about it but I full on loled at that.

He recovered, posted it on Instagram, and made a joke about how she's more heart-stopping than the ride. You can officially lol and not feel bad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Holy cow! That is terrifying! Both the ride and him looking like he died in the middle of it. What the heck kind of ride is it? It looks like a drop but they're so high up! 

I didn't even know they were still together, so that's nice,I guess. Glad he survived. 😊

• Love 1

That house looks like the colour scheme of a circus mated with a campsite and then puked all over the BB house. The downstairs parlour looks uncomfortable with not enough seating from the quick look we got. I'm gonna guess the Have-Not room is going to be too-small pup tents on Astro Turf with sleeping bags inside. I was gonna go with hammocks but those can actually be pretty comfortable to sleep in. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Holy cow! That is terrifying! Both the ride and him looking like he died in the middle of it. What the heck kind of ride is it? It looks like a drop but they're so high up! 

I didn't even know they were still together, so that's nice,I guess. Glad he survived. 😊

https://www.magicalmidway.com/sling-shot/ all the details. Which I will never, ever experience for myself! The site says you pull 3-5 g's at the mostbananapantscrazy point, and google says 5 is roughly the breaking point before most non-trained-fighter-jet-people pass out. So it's probably not unusual on that ride for that to happen.

In other news, I am REALLLLLLY ready for the feeds to come on, and give me something on which to spend my free time and my general obsessiveness.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Yikes! I like roller coasters and fast rides but that sounds borderline dangerous. I'm going to check the link though, for fun, but I'm with you... no chance I'd go on it, especially if it makes people black out. 

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Orwell! He looks a bit drunk. Not that I can blame him:

Big Brother: Where even the stuffed props have to pregame hard and often to get through this shitshow.

I can't remember the house decor from one year to the next, but I feel like this is a definite end to a general upswing in quality. REI must've been having one hell of a bulk discount this spring. OTOH, I'm imagining S19 Alex turning on this season, seeing the camp theme, and running from the room screaming, so there's that.

Edited by PhoneCop
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

If anyone's interested, I run a weekly feature where artists draw stuff based on a theme (mostly comic book related) and this week I did a theme based in honor of the new Big Brother season, so if you have ideas for superheroes on reality shows, tweet your ideas here 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

BB21's Swimsuit Shots are out

Thank goodness the swimsuits this season look better than the last couple of seasons.

D93KNnmVUAEBD3n?format=jpg&name=large

Is Kemi on an underwater balance beam? 

Eta: he's straight up trolling the Momoa fans with this. Come on. 

Screenshot_20190624-221150__01.jpg

Edited by IndyMischa
Momoa eyebrow, incoming...
  • Love 2

So there was this really tetchy exchange between Sam and a commenter on her instagram feed. I guess Sam outside the house is still Sam -- sweet but with weird hostility/anger issues that pop up at random times and confuse people.

Actually of all the BB20 contestants I sometimes worry about Sam. I know that's silly, but she spoke in the house about wanting to get away from her very restrictive home life, but after BB it seems as if she just went back to her trailer by her parents and disappeared.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, xKHANx said:

So I saw this and it makes me believe that David may be gonzo....

2019-06-25_10-26-11.jpg

Two other things to notice - He's got on flip flops and everyone else is barefoot and he's got a smile while everyone else has open mouths...    I hate that this ~might~ be true and he's really gone already but I guess we shall find out soon enough.  I am soooo ready for this season!  

ETA: well the ones whose feet we can see are barefoot...

Edited by LuvizBlind
clarification of a point

The design of the house this year will definitely take some getting used to.

I have to say, I think my favourite design so far was Big Brother Canada Season 4's house, the BBCan Grand. I loved the colours, the aesthetic, the design, everything! It wasn't as busy as Season 3's "Steampunk" theme, and I really liked the stars all over the place. Yes, I am a simple man who likes pretty stars.

(Just ignore Jon in the thumbnail, it's just a reference to that stupid "Hundo" thing he was always saying in Season 2.)

• Love 3

That house. Daaaaaaamn.

I might go so far as to say, however, that I can't think of a cast of American hamsters that deserved that kind of finery. Also, as much as I rip on the set design some years, I also can't deny that a certain degree of fug is a traditional part of the show's...charm? We'll go with charm.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

That house. Daaaaaaamn.

I might go so far as to say, however, that I can't think of a cast of American hamsters that deserved that kind of finery. Also, as much as I rip on the set design some years, I also can't deny that a certain degree of fug is a traditional part of the show's...charm? We'll go with charm.

I’d go more with “history” than “charm”, but - yeah, sure.  🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Wow, that house looks so fancy/clean, and is it actually a lot bigger than the US house? 

Having never watched BB Canada, I had to look up when they film...so its a Winter/Spring show? Do they have any kind of big outdoor space?

"We want to just find a spot and build. Not a house, but build ourselves," Haleigh told E! News. "We just want to enjoy life."

So they don't need a house, or an apartment, or a tent? They just want to build themselves and enjoy life. I guess they'll be living in the woods near a creek. 'Building themselves'.

• LOL 6