Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Nashville said:

The weight room is the former BB App room - also famously known as the room last season where Kaitlyn could not finish an 8(?)-piece puzzle in two minutes or less.  :>

7 hours ago, Nashville said:
On 1/17/2019 at 7:26 AM, Lamb18 said:

Is the weight room the Have Not room? Usually the weights are outside.

The weight room is the former BB App room - also famously known as the room last season where Kaitlyn could not finish an 8(?)-piece puzzle in two minutes or less.  :>

Thank you for the info! I remember that room now but I always forget about it in between shows. I guess because it's not a room that HGs normally walk in and out of whenever they feel like it. I can't remember if there were Have Nots on the last year's CBB1. I don't remember them doing it but I think it would be pretty funny to see them curled up on the satellite dishes from last year or the dentist chairs or whatever else. Since it's a New York theme I guess they could use subway seats. Maybe park benches.

5 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I can't remember if there were Have Nots on the last year's CBB1.

There weren’t - and considering how much trouble TPTB had filling out their “celebrity” roster this year, I doubt HNs will be a feature of CBB2 either.  The notion of being a HN on-air is probably a total non-starter - if not with the celebrities, then with their representation.

This year I watched BB Canada for the first time, and I was astonished at how much bigger and more lavish the house was. Surely US TV can afford more than Canadian TV. I don't really understand the subpar surroundings. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

This year I watched BB Canada for the first time, and I was astonished at how much bigger and more lavish the house was. Surely US TV can afford more than Canadian TV. I don't really understand the subpar surroundings. 

Isn't BBCAN filled with product placements in the DR? I remember flipping by it once on TV and cringing at the "And this fabulous end table! From The Brick! And this kitchen sink! Only at Canadian Tire!". The producers probably had a junk drawer filled with Canadian Tire money for that last one. 

• Love 5

I think there was a lot of that. But it didn't bother me. I preferred that to the vicarious claustrophia I sometimes get watching BB US guests in such cramped quarters. With ants! (Of course you wouldn't expect ants anyway in Toronto in winter. It was funny to see them going out to their yard for cigarette breaks, and you could see their breath) 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

The house may be lavish, but the winnings ....not so much- $100,000

Kandi? And they said I was nice? It was probably because I admitted to binge-watching reality TV. To be fair, I just got a new cable package and like hell I'm going to watch the Documentary channel when I have TLC and Lifetime.

• Love 3
On 1/14/2019 at 8:58 AM, peachmangosteen said:

A taste of Lolo on The Challenge:

I think she could be great feeds. I hope she doesn't disappoint.

I'll be the lone person so far and say I hate Kandi. Granted, I've only seen maybe like 10 full eps of RHOA, but still. I also hate Joey Lawrence for some reason I can't remember, and it might be irrational, but I think he could be fun. Or he could be deeply boring. 

I guess 'could be fun or deeply boring' describes pretty much everyone in this cast though. 

I don’t hate Joey Lawrence, but there were just too many years of the dumb act for me to not find him irritating. 

• Love 1

If you want to hear a very funny, but ultra snarky rundown on the houseguests, listen to Rob Cesternino's interview with Kate Casey. I'd never heard of her, but she's so funny and so mean. But probably extremely accurate. She's convinced Anthony S. will win the whole thing and was pretty convincing. On the other hand, she thinks Tom Green will be out soon because he's dull, has "four brain cells" and is Canadian. She thinks Joey Lawrence is too vain to be in the house, and Tamar will leave when she realizes she isn't the centre of attention. 

I could go on. Long story short, she isn't someone I'd want to know IRL but I hope she continues to talk about this season. She's really funny. 

• Love 2

If anyone wants a free month of CBS All Access, which means you would have access to the feeds for the entire season of CBB, use the code FREESTREAM. I'm annoyed because I already signed up a couple days ago before I saw this! But I just used it and it applied a free month, so it does work. The code expires tomorrow, 1/20.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

If you want to hear a very funny, but ultra snarky rundown on the houseguests, listen to Rob Cesternino's interview with Kate Casey. I'd never heard of her, but she's so funny and so mean. But probably extremely accurate. She's convinced Anthony S. will win the whole thing and was pretty convincing. On the other hand, she thinks Tom Green will be out soon because he's dull, has "four brain cells" and is Canadian. She thinks Joey Lawrence is too vain to be in the house, and Tamar will leave when she realizes she isn't the centre of attention. 

I could go on. Long story short, she isn't someone I'd want to know IRL but I hope she continues to talk about this season. She's really funny. 

Ouch, eh?

• Love 3
On 1/18/2019 at 3:10 PM, Melina22 said:

I think the issue is that BBCan uses a large warehouse in the Toronto suburbs (they were in Missasauga initially, but I think they've moved) and so they've got the whole building to play with, as they don't have a "back yard", per se.  Just a small bit of roof access for the hot tub.  

Whereas BB US is locked into a smaller footprint on the Radford Street lot; they can't expand the building even if they wanted to, because the rest of the lot is given over to other facilities.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Ouch, eh?

Haha. She seemed to think being Canadian meant he didn't have enough of an edge to be interesting or something. As a Maritimer I thought, "Boys oh boys, she's some judgy."😉

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Haha. She seemed to think being Canadian meant he didn't have enough of an edge to be interesting or something. 

Let her date a bipolar Canadian for a month, and she’ll lose THAT damfool notion PDQ.  Trust me on this one.

• Love 3

I've been a BB fan since season 1, but have only watched off and on the last few seasons.  Watched 2 summers ago, but not at all this summer. And watched a bit of CBB last year.  

Of the list on this year's CBB, these are what I know about them:

• Kato Kaelin (professional hanger on)  -  thought he was cute back in the OJ trial days [/end embarrassing comments]
  • Ricky Williams (NFL)   - never heard of
  • Jonathan Bennett (reality competition host)  - never heard of
  • Lolo Jones (Olympic track and field)  - never heard of
  • Joey Lawrence (actor)  - from Blossom, right?
  • Dina Lohan (stage mother) - only know as  Lindsay's mother
  • Tamar Braxton (singer)  -  Toni's sister?  And a fight in an elevator?  
  • Tom Green (actor)  - heard of and know he's Canadian, but that's all
  • Kandi Burruss (?)  - never heard of
  • Eva Marie (WWE)  - never heard of
  • Ryan Lochte (Olympic swimmer)   -  never heard of
  • Anthony Scaramucci (fuck that guy)   - got fired from the WW in like 5 minutes

So I've heard of 6 of the 12.  And none that will make me not miss an episode. But it's winter time, so I'll probably watch.  Is there someplace to see the schedule?

• Love 2
21 hours ago, buffynut said:

Jonathan Bennett (reality competition host)  - never heard of

He was in Mean Girls, if that helps.

The schedule (source: Big Brother Network):

Monday, Jan. 21, 8:00-9:00 PM 
Tuesday, Jan. 22, 8:00-9:00 PM 
Wednesday, Jan. 23, 8:00-9:00 PM
Friday, Jan. 25, 8:00-9:00 PM
Sunday, Jan. 27, 8:00-9:00 PM
Monday, Jan. 28, 8:00-9:00 PM
Wednesday, Jan. 30, 8:00-9:00 PM
Saturday, Feb. 2, 8:00-9:00 PM
Monday, Feb. 4, 9:00-10:00 PM
Thursday, Feb. 7, 9:00-10:00 PM
Friday, Feb. 8, 8:00-10:00 PM (2-Hour Episode)
Monday, Feb. 11, 9:00-10:00 PM
Wednesday, Feb. 13, 9:00-11:00 PM 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He was in Mean Girls, if that helps.

The schedule (source: Big Brother Network):

Monday, Jan. 21, 8:00-9:00 PM 
Tuesday, Jan. 22, 8:00-9:00 PM 
Wednesday, Jan. 23, 8:00-9:00 PM
Friday, Jan. 25, 8:00-9:00 PM
Sunday, Jan. 27, 8:00-9:00 PM
Monday, Jan. 28, 8:00-9:00 PM
Wednesday, Jan. 30, 8:00-9:00 PM
Saturday, Feb. 2, 8:00-9:00 PM
Monday, Feb. 4, 9:00-10:00 PM
Thursday, Feb. 7, 9:00-10:00 PM
Friday, Feb. 8, 8:00-10:00 PM (2-Hour Episode)
Monday, Feb. 11, 9:00-10:00 PM
Wednesday, Feb. 13, 9:00-11:00 PM 

I just think it’s funny that’s it’s a 3 week show. Would a whole month kill CBS or these non-celebrities? I didn’t watch the first season. I will watch the first episode and maybe the last episode since it will roll me into February and Survivor. 

• Love 2

Tom Green had testicular cancer and did an entire special on MTV regarding testicular cancer that included a parody song on checking your balls for cancer. It was actually a kind of big deal and a decent number of folks, at the time, thought that it would help a large group of young men who had no clue about testicular cancer. I remember Tom Green being a big deal comedian in the Borat frame of comedy in the later 1990's, early 2000's. He included his parents in a lot of skits. Unless I have the wrong Tom Green.

Loche is one of the swimmers who got in trouble at the Gas Station in Brazil and made it seem like he and his friends were robbed when they were trying to take off without paying for snacks or gas. He is kind of an ass.

Joey Lawrence is a has been actor from ages ago. He was cute and played stupid really, really well. It led to his brothers getting jobs, one of his younger siblings was in Mrs. Doubtfire.

Enjoy watching folks. You are stronger people then I am.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Tom Green had testicular cancer and did an entire special on MTV regarding testicular cancer that included a parody song on checking your balls for cancer. It was actually a kind of big deal and a decent number of folks, at the time, thought that it would help a large group of young men who had no clue about testicular cancer. I remember Tom Green being a big deal comedian in the Borat frame of comedy in the later 1990's, early 2000's. He included his parents in a lot of skits. Unless I have the wrong Tom Green.

Joey Lawrence is a has been actor from ages ago. He was cute and played stupid really, really well. It led to his brothers getting jobs, one of his younger siblings was in Mrs. Doubtfire.

I remember all of that about Tom Green. He was also married to Drew Barrymore during the time he had cancer and she stuck with him through it. The house they were living at the time burned down too.

Joey Lawrence and his wife's poor managing of money really caught up to them a few years ago. So he's definitely taking just about any job in the business that's thrown at him. He was in a series I never watched on ABC Family/Freeform called Melissa and Joey that was on for from 2010 to 2015.

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch this season of CBB yet especially since Julie started using her full name at the tail end of regular BB last year which I saw clips of. I didn't watch BB last season. I've had BB burnout in regards to US, UK and CA for a couple years now at least. I might give BBCA a try though. I was kind of disappointed in the CBB lineup compared to last year. 

Oh boy. We got some aftermath drama from the Swaggy vs Fessy charity event for Kevin.

It turns out Kevin only got $500 from the event, when the event seemed to have raised thousands. I do factor in that some of that money going toward paying for the venue and other costs, but it gets even sketchier and makes it seem like Swaggy pocketed some of the money.

Kevin's daughter called them out (not naming names but making it clear who she's talking about) and now Bayleigh is getting involved:

• Love 3

I needed to avoid work this AM, so I skimmed through some of the tweets, and I honestly can't tell what is going on. Seems like some money went to a couple of other cancer charities as well, but then maybe Swaggy asked for some money back from Kevin, or something? I couldn't sort it out, and it seems messy, and then I remembered why I barely go to Twitter.  I'm so glad to read that Kevin recovered though. 

Edited by CrazyDog
12 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I needed to avoid work this AM, so I skimmed through some of the tweets, and I honestly can't tell what is going on. Seems like some money went to a couple of other cancer charities as well, but then maybe Swaggy asked for some money back from Kevin, or something? I couldn't sort it out, and it seems messy, and then I remembered why I barely go to Twitter.  I'm so glad to read that Kevin recovered though. 

So...for some odd reason, I've been following the entire story. There are conflicting stories between the two sides, but here is what I gathered, to start at the very beginning:

1. Swaggy and Fessy decided to hold a one-on-one basketball game sometime last October. I know they were boasting their own skills up to the other until they finally decided to hold the event for fans to come and watch them battle it out. They had initial posters for this at some point between October and November
  2. Kevin got diagnosed with cancer after this (November?) 
  3. Swaggy contacted Kevin at some point so that he could use Kevin's cancer story for his event, essentially making it a fundraiser. Then the official posters including the tagline for the fundraiser came out
  4. Kevin had his surgery and was cancer-free not long afterward, but the event was still promoted as a fundraiser for Kevin

This is where Swaggy's recent video with Bayleigh comes in (the video was posted last night). 

1. There seems to be some complications with the money situation. Swaggy claims that he had 19k attached to the even. 8k was out of Bayleigh's pocket (he claims it was split half/half between the two but we know Swaggy doesn't have 4k to his name) and that they sent that 8k for a reimbursment. They didn't specify exactly where the 8k went toward, but they talked about using money for the Airbnb for the Hive to stay out, flights for at least Rockstar and Scottie (I guess the other Hive members too) and I heard something about a rental car, the venue, and that's all I gathered. 
  2. Swaggy and Fessy both made 2k each from the event
  3. From what Swaggy said, a portion went to their event planner and then a random charity that had to do with childhood illnesses
  4. Swaggy sent a cheque for $800 to Kevin. The issue here is that Swaggy bought Kevin's plane ticket initially but then it wasn't processed correctly so Kevin had to essentially pay $300 himself. So when Kevin asked for a reimbursment for his flight, Swaggy just sent the $800, so that means he really only got $500 total, since the rest had to go to pay for his own flight
  5. And then another $800 went toward a cancer charity
  6. Who the fuck knows what happened with the rest of the money

So, Kevin's daughters got upset about the cheque when it finally came in last week. They initially made a tweet about them being upset for their dad and how they feel like Swaggy only used him to promote his event. Then, Kevin tried getting in contact with Swaggy and he didn't answer for four days. Meanwhile, Swaggy claims that he tried getting in contact with Kevin and never got an answer. So that's when Kevin's daughters went back onto Twitter to call Swaggy out. Evel Dick retweeted the thread, where it blew up. Bayleigh intervened, threatened Kevin's daughters on DM and through text to let them know that they had to take down the tweets "or else". Kevin's daughters got pissed off and shared those screenshots, and then Swaggy finally made his Youtube video to explain what happened.

But then an update happened a few hours ago where Kevin went onto Twitter to call Swaggy out for going after his daughters through his own tweets and basically disbunked Swaggy/Bayleigh claiming that they were all good with Kevin.

And now Swaggy just took down his video so....heh. So take all of this for what you will. 

• Love 4

I am *living* for this shade. <3 

Eta: I've just spent an embarrassing amount of time digging through all the drama from both sides. I've come to the following three conclusions:

1) I give Swaggy approx 90% probability of being sketchy as fuck. (The only reason that's not 100%, is conclusion #2.) Absolute best case scenario, if he's being honest and understands math (again, see #2), is the net proceeds were split 60/40 in favor of Swaggy and Fessy vs Kevin and the Zero Cancer charity. So in his own words, something he widely advertised as a charity fundraiser, he kept more of the money for himself and his buddy than he gave to charity. Which, again, math... Florida has laws regarding events described as charity fundraisers that, from all accounts - including his own!! - he didn't follow. 

2) Swaggy is 100% (check that, 1,000,000%) a dumbfuck. A colossal dumbfuck. The President of Dumbfuckistan. He screwed this up in every possible way he could have, ably assisted by his ever-so-charming fiancée. The event was utterly mismanaged. The funds were utterly mismanaged. He insists that the $1600 (really $1300, but that's a whole other thing) he gave to Kevin and ZC is 40% of (what he claims was) the net proceeds of $5600. When confronted with his sketchy and/or dumbfuck ways, his response to the "haters" (see conclusion #3) was to lash the fuck out at anyone and everyone, and post a video showing "receipts" which did no such thing (and was so terrible even he figured it out and pulled it down within hours). If everything was on the up and up - to his ridiculously low standards - a link to a Google doc with amounts and pics of receipts would have solved the drama without further tarnishing the tattered remnants of his "brand." 

3) The internet is fucking exhausting. I am apparently a racist that's strenuously displeased with two young black folks in love. Because that's the reason for all the backlash they're having to deal with (for their blatant fuckheadery and possible/probable charity fraud): racism. 

Edited by IndyMischa
To detail my excessive research
  • Love 11

Just found all this out & it cracks me up. How in the heck are Swaggy & Fessy even getting 2k for a pick up game of basketball? WTF?

I guess the only way this could proven or disproven is by Kevin and/or Swaggy’s phone bills. Okay, who’s first to post the phone receipts? 

Edited by ByaNose
22 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh boy. We got some aftermath drama from the Swaggy vs Fessy charity event for Kevin.

It turns out Kevin only got $500 from the event, when the event seemed to have raised thousands. I do factor in that some of that money going toward paying for the venue and other costs, but it gets even sketchier and makes it seem like Swaggy pocketed some of the money.

Kevin's daughter called them out (not naming names but making it clear who she's talking about) and now Bayleigh is getting involved:

Been following this since last night. Swaggy deleted his video but some other page reviewed his side of the story and his receipts and made this gem!

https://youtu.be/n6a8nw56jcQ

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

Been following this since last night. Swaggy deleted his video but some other page reviewed his side of the story and his receipts and made this gem!

https://youtu.be/n6a8nw56jcQ

I watched the entire video earlier and it's glorious.

Also, another update. Haleigh has unfollowed Bayleigh. I read that her father actually had cancer when she was a teen so Haleigh is likely none too pleased about the things Swayleigh has said, such as this gem: "Here's the problem....Kevin is cancer-free" as a response to Swaggy's tweet about the majority of the proceeds going to Kevin and why this isn't the case anymore. Yes, that is a direct quote.

Unfortunately, there are still far too many people defending Bayleigh and Swaggy. It's a real mess.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Just found all this out & it cracks me up. How in the heck are Swaggy & Fessy even getting 2k for a pick up game of basketball? WTF?

That would be the rate Swaggy chose to "pay" each of them as a "talent" fee. Paid from the "donations" to his "charity fundraiser." (If those air quotes were any higher, I'd be proximity-stoned.)

21 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, another update. Haleigh has unfollowed Bayleigh. I read that her father actually had cancer when she was a teen so Haleigh is likely none too pleased about the things Swayleigh has said, such as this gem: "Here's the problem....Kevin is cancer-free" as a response to Swaggy's tweet about the majority of the proceeds going to Kevin and why this isn't the case. 

Huh. I guess she resigned her membership in the "gang gang." What a shame. 

13 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

This clip from Salty C original video turned a lot of people off: https://mobile.twitter.com/J_PopCultureFan/status/1092491193613729793

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/comments/amxmc1/kevin_only_given_500_from_the_swaggy_vs_fessy/

Check out Brett & JC tweets.

I am never getting to sleep tonight. 

• Love 3

I am having way too much fun following this. I actually am inclined to believe that Swaggy is just dumb as a box of rocks and most of the money he made was either wasted or swindled away with "handlers" and "event planners" and maybe even other members of the Hive overcharging for shit. However the fact that he didn't reimburse Kevin for the flight is just assholishness because an extra $300? If Swaggy is really pulling a couple grand from one pickup basketball game he can add an extra $300 to Kevin's check.

In other news Haleigh has unfollowed Swaggy as well. Not a surprise. Haleigh was immature and could be annoying but she seems like a decent kid and wouldn't purposely involve herself with people who are just outright assholes.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 8

The Hive is supposed to be going on a cruise soon. 

Will Swaggy be forced to get a job after all this? He’s not really getting Instagram ads, low YouTube numbers, couldn’t even get a sponsor for his event. I just can’t imagine him getting chosen over others to go on BB again/The Amazing Race or MTV.

At least Bay is teaching yoga.

Bay’s parents probably paid for that ring and house. Gang Gang!

Edited by HartofDixie
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

In other news Haleigh has unfollowed Swaggy as well. Not a surprise. Haleigh was immature and could be annoying but she seems like a decent kid and wouldn't purposely involve herself with people who are just outright assholes.

I wonder what this will mean for her and Fessy. He may be staying out of the Twitter war, but he still pocketed $2k from a charity event. I can’t see her being thrilled with that. 

Edited by Lsk02
  • Love 1