Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

I loved Season 1. I liked that they had to work to build things, like the potato clock. I liked that we could get rid of annoying people and watch the others work together. I would love to see BB revert to it's original state but that will never happen.

• Love 3

I *loved* season 1. The feeds were free, and I watched them all the time. They cast people who were really different, and I found it more interesting to participate as a viewer by voting. 

I think I'd love to see a season with an HOH who nominates, but then America votes people out. It would screw over SO many of their plans, and really get them paranoid about how people see them. I think it'd be a great merge of the two styles of BB they've done.

• Love 5

They .... sorta leaned that direction with BB:OTT, by letting America put up a third nominee, and also by letting the winner and care packages be determined by America's Vote.  It really helped make the players paranoid about who was least liked, and which alliance America was going to side with each week.  It was pretty fun, honestly.  It would've definitely helped put an end to the Paul Show sooner last season!

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, the swimsuit photos are out. Here's one of the group photos and here are the individual shots.

A) What the fuck to Brett's picture because that's twice that he's done the GQ thing and he's not that hot. Either that or he thinks he's starring in a Head and Shoulders commercial. "Look, Ma! No dandruff!"

B) I hope you're likable in the house, Angie, because I appreciate that you're not rocking a size 00 body but you're rocking the hell out of that two piece and I want to like you just for that.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

They’re all pretty gross except for Winston. 

1AFB9AC2-1375-4964-9B8B-A0B505845A53.jpeg

Finally, after all last season of pretty meh looking guys (and one Matt Clines), we have someone that'll be nice to look at. Actually, the guys are all better looking this year for me. Last year, I remember people saying how hot Mark was and all I could see was his giant head on his tiny neck. Cody wasn't attractive for me either, and Matt was the only one I was mildly ok with looking at...until the show actually started. At least this season, we have people like Winston, Brett, and even Chris, who are decent looking. 

The girls are dressed way better this year than last year's swimsuit photoshoot. No weirdly mismatched outfits (except for one) and decent photos. Well, the poses might be worse this year. Poor Steve looks like he's about to shit in the pool. 

They also really butchered Sam's appearance in the interviews, because this photoshoot definitely makes her look different....less old, I guess. In the interviews, if I didn't know she was 27, I would have guessed she was in her mid thirties. It's not a bad thing, but she looks more her age here. 

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

A) What the fuck to Brett's picture because that's twice that he's done the GQ thing and he's not that hot. Either that or he thinks he's starring in a Head and Shoulders commercial. "Look, Ma! No dandruff!"

I think 50% is the photographer telling Brett to pose like that, and the other 50% is all Brett. 

• Love 3

I just watched the link someone posted where Julie was giving a house tour to Entertainment Tonight, but don't see it now so I can't quote it (internetting on a tablet is hard, y'all). During the tour, Julie points out the fish tank and mentions that there are arcade games in it, points out one is called "Friendship" and Paul's face is on the side. What the Hell BB???!!?? His fans have to be minuscule compared to his haters yet he won't go away.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

They’re all pretty gross except for Winston. 

1AFB9AC2-1375-4964-9B8B-A0B505845A53.jpeg

And even he looks like "the local TV weatherman on vacation" in his promo shot.

It's going to be weird to not drool over the boys looks this season and to actually judge them on their skill and personalities. A nice change of pace!

(The girls are all TV ready, per usual.)

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

36283395_2135566966472216_61098297873315

Look who all showed up for the big night

I’m stumped by the guy in the lower left with the beard. I recognize most everyone else. Isn’t that sad? LOL!!!

1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

I’m stumped by the guy in the lower left with the beard. I recognize most everyone else. Isn’t that sad? LOL!!!

Is that...is that Chef Joe from BB14? AKA, the one that shouted really loudly in the DR and is known for his infamous moment in the bedroom with Dan?

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Is that...is that Chef Joe from BB14? AKA, the one that shouted really loudly in the DR and is known for his infamous moment in the bedroom with Dan?

Maybe.

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think 50% is the photographer telling Brett to pose like that, and the other 50% is all Brett. 

After tonight's episode, we might want to shift that 50/50 a bit. More like 25% photographer, 75% Brett. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

If true, he should have been removed from the show, just as Jessica should have been booted last season.

IMO, Jessica shouldn't have been allowed on another reality show after what reportedly happened on BB last season.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/09/big-brother-houseguest-butt-poking/

I'm not defending the (ridiculous, unnecessary, toddler-esque) butt poking, but there were several HG's that were doing it. It wasn't just Jessica - she was just the one that caught the TMZ flak for it.

What's the over/under until one of this year's HG's explodes on JC for his boundary issues? I'm giving it ten days, but that might be too generous...

• Love 2
On 6/27/2018 at 6:39 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Yep!  Although my immediate association with Joe has always been his BB14 head-to-head with Willie Hantz.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

This is my surprised face. CBS is deliberately casting these people to cause controversy and generate buzz.

What?  CBS would do that?  I am shocked I am.  Shocked I tell you!  Shocked!  Shocked!  (Hahahaha, of course they do that.  That's show biz in America in a net shell.  And yes it is gross and it always has been).

(edited)

I don't watch much reality TV but it seems the ones that do cast for guaranteed controvery at least own what they're doing. But BB keeps having fake nerve to act all surprised and chagrined about when these bigots show their true colors on camera.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
(edited)

This voting via Facebook messenger sucks.  It’s very slow and has restarted on me twice.

actually, all I ever get is the first question.

Edited by Hanahope

I finally got the FB messenger thing to work to do my votes, but it was very slow last night, most likely due to lots of others voting.  I tried again this morning before 9am and it worked a lot better.  I'm annoyed that the east coast only gets to vote until 9am, but the west coast gets to vote until noon.  I rarely have time in the morning, getting my kids up, breakfast made, lunches packed, and off to camps and myself to work.  I'm go go go and don't have much time to stop and do voting before 9am.  Even if it went to 10 am, i'd have some time when I first get into work to do it.  I made the effort today, so I could see how it worked (I missed last week because I didn't realize it stopped at 9am).

I do like that once I've made my initial votes, I can just type "yes" to cast the exact same votes 9 more times.  That saves a lot of time.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I'm annoyed that the east coast only gets to vote until 9am, but the west coast gets to vote until noon. 

Wait, what?! It says the voting ends at 9 pst, which would be noon est, wouldn't it?

Also, they put a voting page up on the site here. For some reason there's no link to it on the actual site though, so I'm not sure if it's really working. I didn't try it.

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wait, what?! It says the voting ends at 9 pst, which would be noon est, wouldn't it?

Also, they put a voting page up on the site here. For some reason there's no link to it on the actual site though, so I'm not sure if it's really working. I didn't try it.

You are right, I messed up my time zones.  However, last week, when I tried to do this voting thing at 11:00 a.m. est, it wouldn't let me/didn't work.  So maybe it was more of a problem last week/working the bugs out.  But it definitely was bad last night.

• Love 1

Not sure where else to put this, but this is Swaggy humiliating himself further from his THR interview:

“Knowing the titles of the power apps — the Re-Draw, the Bonus Life, the Upgrade, the Cloud and Identity Theft — which one would you have picked if you were the most trending?

The Re-Draw sounds like a reset week so I'd probably pick that. If I had a power to get evicted and come back into the house that changes everything. “

Goddamn he is stupid. This is after the interviewer has already told him Sam has the buyback app; our genius super fan thinks there are 2 ways to get evicted and come back a mere 2 weeks in the game, rather than following the obvious line that “Redraw” simply causes the veto players to be scrapped and drawn again. I mean, Jesus Christ, what is his IQ?

His publicity tour might serve him a little better if he quit blaming everyone else for him failing and/or showed any self-reflection or growth. Not him, though. He played the perfect game, it was just those pesky other contestants who stopped him with their frailties because he was just too awesome. 

Something tells me his daytrading career consisted of a single day.

• Love 1

Julie interview  in Parade

This is not at all surprising, yet still a bummer:

“What makes a good contestant? 

You need people that you think are not going to get along. We’ve found that the majority of the group being in their 20s works nicely, especially since it’s summer and everyone’s in bathing suits trying to impress. Also, there’s a level of immaturity in your 20s; you’re still hotheaded and not that wise, so you’re going to act up and be more interesting to watch.”

On 7/15/2018 at 4:49 AM, NickPappagiorgio said:

Not sure where else to put this, but this is Swaggy humiliating himself further from his THR interview:

“Knowing the titles of the power apps — the Re-Draw, the Bonus Life, the Upgrade, the Cloud and Identity Theft — which one would you have picked if you were the most trending?

The Re-Draw sounds like a reset week so I'd probably pick that. If I had a power to get evicted and come back into the house that changes everything. “

Goddamn he is stupid. This is after the interviewer has already told him Sam has the buyback app; our genius super fan thinks there are 2 ways to get evicted and come back a mere 2 weeks in the game, rather than following the obvious line that “Redraw” simply causes the veto players to be scrapped and drawn again. I mean, Jesus Christ, what is his IQ?

His publicity tour might serve him a little better if he quit blaming everyone else for him failing and/or showed any self-reflection or growth. Not him, though. He played the perfect game, it was just those pesky other contestants who stopped him with their frailties because he was just too awesome. 

Something tells me his daytrading career consisted of a single day.

Ah yes, the dreaded surplus of awesomeness that has cursed many a reality show superstar (in their own minds).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Does TMZ have some axe to grind with CBS?  

I expect right about now, TMZ loves CBS’s ass; this network probably accounts for 1/4 of their new material these days. :>

• Love 2

I’m a little perturbed by this “n-word” brouhaha. I would personally never use it because I find it offensive, but if it’s in the lyrics of a song or you are explaining offensive words to someone, or even quoting someone like Papa John did, I really don’t get all the anger. If you don’t want people using that word, don’t put it in your lyrics and don’t use it yourself. Sorry if that offends anyone but it’s just my humble opinion. 

• Love 5

I agree Runningwild.  I wish the word would just go away entirely. I don't like that Blacks can and do use it so freely while whites get hauled over the coals if it slips out in a song.  It's like they've weaponized the word.  To me that's like I and my "sisters" should be able to freely use "c**t"  because we're female but God help the guy who uses it. " Hey, what's up, c**t?" Nope, not seeing it.  Both words should be permanently  retired.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/20/2018 at 4:18 PM, Skycatcher said:

I agree Runningwild.  I wish the word would just go away entirely. I don't like that Blacks can and do use it so freely while whites get hauled over the coals if it slips out in a song.  It's like they've weaponized the word.  To me that's like I and my "sisters" should be able to freely use "c**t"  because we're female but God help the guy who uses it. " Hey, what's up, c**t?" Nope, not seeing it.  Both words should be permanently  retired.

Racists weaponized it first, and continue to do so. Oppressed people taking an epithet used to denigrate them and turning it into something that fosters a sense of community within their own community is not something new. See also: bitch/c***, f-word.

I find it interesting that while decrying the use of the word by black people while white people aren’t supposed to use it, I didn’t see anyone sincerely (and non-judgmentally) ask why black people feel that is so. But I suppose that’s a discussion for a different thread.

Edited by link417
Damn iPhone: “while decrying,” not “will defying.”
  • Love 10
On 7/18/2018 at 8:36 PM, Caseysgirl said:

No, TMZ goes after ABC as well,  they've been looking for dirt on all the Bachelorette contestants this year.

• Love 1

they've weaponized the word

That word was weaponized hundreds of years ago and not by Black people. AFAIC, this is another case of Black people not being allowed to have anything that people of the predominant race think they can't take/co-opt/appropriate with impunity.

A lot of times it has seemed to me that CBS deliberately fed the dirt to TMZ, or at least pointed them in a direction. TMZ seems to be real friendly with Julie and Les and often do quick takes with them outside LA restaurants.

• Love 4
On 7/22/2018 at 1:52 PM, link417 said:

Racists weaponized it first, and continue to do so. Oppressed people taking an epithet used to denigrate them and turning it into something that fosters a sense of community within their own community is not something new. See also: bitch/c***, f-word.

I find it interesting that while decrying the use of the word by black people while white people aren’t supposed to use it, I didn’t see anyone sincerely (and non-judgmentally) ask why black people feel that is so. But I suppose that’s a discussion for a different thread.

I wouldn’t use any of those words. But, you don’t see men saying “the B word.”  They just say the word. And they certainly use the other words. 

I think taking something and saying it’s only for one race is inherently racist. Why can’t we all just get along? Why do we have to have derogatory words for a certain type of person? Just be nice to everyone.

• Love 1