Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

The walls are a complete mess, especially in the living room. The ones behind the couches/chairs (meaning the ones we'll be looking at) are somewhat okay, but the wall with the screen that the HGs will be staring at all the time? Horrifying. Is the wall having a seizure?

I do like the bathroom and the kitchen, though. The bedrooms are horribly overdesigned and chaotic.

• Love 1

Julie just talked about the twist on The Talk.  I will have to rewatch to get all of it--but there will be 2 HOH's each week each get to nom 2.   Just because you are HOH doesn't mean the other HOH can't nom you.  

And something we get to vote about--I got so distracted by the multi HOH's and being able to be a nominee AND HOH I couldn't keep up.  It made me dizzy.

So there's no such thing as being safe as HOH. No reason to want to win it, because it could still result in your leaving, and it will just make enemies. All the "floaters" out there must be cackling at this twist. No more underdog who is scheduled to get voted out, winning HOH and at least having a week of trying to find new allies/alliances. Can you imagine Kaysar's first HOH with one of the "Friendship" also being HOH?

I think the purpose is to try to get away from all of the ridiculous promises every HOH seems to want more and more each season, which is boring to watch, but this is just idiotic. I'm already angry, and the season hasn't even started. Grodner ruins everything.

And the house is still ugly.

I did read that we get to give them tasks like season 1--I want them to clean the damn house once a week.   Those people last season were pigs.

Instead of them lounging in bed all day, get up and do the dishes or mop the floor and THEN we let you in the storage room for food.   
The decor is usually pretty cheap and bad but it is depressing by the last month when it's filthy on top of ugly.

Ok, i went back and watched my recording after work--here is what she said exactly:

2 Houseguests win HOH each week
Each HOH noms 2 so 4 total on the block each week.
For the first time—just because you are HOH doesn’t mean you are safe.
New competition called “Battle of the Block”.

Viewers involved in new interactive twist called Team America.

Read a lot of speculation on other sites and this is what has been pulled together (spec, but it's based on what Julie said):

-Houseguests are divided into two large teams of 8. 

-Two HoHs are picked/win each week from each team. 

-Both HoHs pick two nominees from the opposing team to nominate for eviction. 

-Battle of the Block is both HoHs + 4 nominees battling to get off the block (thus no POV)

-If HoH wins, their nominees stay intact + the losing HoH is nominated and the other two nominees are safe (their teammates). If an HoH's nominees win, they take themselves off the block and save the HoH from their team and the opposing team's nominations stay the same and the opposing HoH is up for nomination. 

-It is also rumored to be a BvW scenario with couples having their partners on opposite teams. 

While it sounds like a dramatic (and silly) change, I guess I don't mind it is if it is, in fact, basically an entirely new type of overall competition (people forced to play as teams rather than one big house making decisions on their own). 

PinkSprinkles, your scenario gives me hope!  

There is only one round bed (a bird's nest...smh) in the HoH room.  I'm not worried about how sleeping in a bed with a rival will pan out because the good Lord knows they'll enjoy sleeping with the enemy.  Sharing an HoH room with a partner (if the BvW theme is correct) might be interesting for us so we can watch strategy.

My thoughts are that the HoH room is going to end up becoming a meeting place/battle area for the HGs, therefore ruining the zen of the room for yet another season. 

My least favorite place in the house is the picnic table area outside the HoH room.  It just adds to the cluttered feel of the house.   The ET segment last night was not as good at showing the house as the individual pictures that Peach posted.  

The HGs will be revealed soon on the CBS morning show.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there are no veterans.  I saw Rachel in the audience of "The Talk," so that's one less worry.  :-)

I'm sort of nervous about the HG reveal. The eternal pessimist in me expects to see something like Frank and his dad, Willie and Russell Hantz, or Amanda and whoever she's dating so that they can have sex all around the house for yet another season.

Also, for once I really hope that this dual HOH twist is lamely dropped after three or four weeks as usual. The more I think about it, the more I dislike it.

It would have to be dropped in fairly short order I think, since with 4 nominees and at least one of the HOHs safe, that's five non-voters right there. Or, since each "team" HOH can nominate two people from the other team including that teams HOH (right? I read it, but I still have no idea) can both HOHs be nominated? That would be kind of a hoot, watching people actively avoid going anywhere near HOH since it doesn't even guarantee one week of safety. What does this do to Veto, or does the new battle thingie replace that? I have a headache already.

The HGs weren't introduced on the CBS Show.  I might have missed it since I FFed through the show.  If anyone has heard of another place where the HGs will be announced, please share.

Ah, so once again, 85% of the cast is in their 20s with the oldest person being 42. I'm going to have fun going through each cast member and judging them on first appearances, only to be surprised once I see them playing the game.

(edited)

Yes, the first impressions I have are always so wrong. The people I like initially almost always end up being the worst people lol!

But I didn't like a single person based on the bios though. I'm getting ready to watch some video interviews now. They're here and here.

Edited by peachmangosteen

I just read some of the bios so far, and I liked one or two things about each of them but then there's a bunch of stuff that turns me off of them. I'll have to watch the videos later to get a better feel of the contestants.

I'll definitely give my full first impressions of the contestants once their threads are created.

(edited)

Dear mother of Zob!  One girl is wearing a leather skort, another is wearing fringed suede boots and one is wearing a bow tie that looks as if she stole it from the dumpster behind a third-rate formal wear shop.  I already hate them!

Being a superficial jerk who judges people on their cast photos, though, I was surprised that the guy with the ugly beard doesn't like to kill animals.  I think he's going to be my favorite, simply because of his proximity to Kellie Pickler.  I hope he evicts the guy whose family owns a hunting business.  

Edited by dolphincorn

Most of these people sound annoying. The only two I like so far are Christine and Derrick. All the others are so over the top or slimey. I especially hate the girl who says GinaMarie is her favourite because she 'always had a great attitude'. I guess she never watched the live feeds...or read things online. She also said she wouldn't be pooping which...uh, gross. 

I especially hate the girl who says GinaMarie is her favourite because she 'always had a great attitude'. I guess she never watched the live feeds...or read things online. 

This definitely gave me pause, too. Sure, GinaMarie was bubbly and energetic half the time, but the other half was so disgusting I don't know how you could look past it.

Having glanced through their profiles, I don't hate Christine and I don't hate Brittany. Amber seems downright terrible. That's pretty much what I can remember.

Well, I already hate Frankie, simply because he lists his occupation as "YouTube Personality".  How is that a thing?  And I haven't watched the videos, but Zach seems like a total douche just based on his bio.  But thank GOD there are no returning HGs, or Blood vs. Water going on!

• Love 1
(edited)

It gets worse Katesus: he's the brother of that famous kids/teen singer, Ariana Grande, so I bet he's going to brag about his famous sister. He probably thinks he's all that because of it; he just puts me off in general and I'm going to hate him. Also, I laugh when he says he's a Youtube Personality, when he only has 10,000 subscribers and 10,000,000 hits on his videos actually is not that high at all.

Edited by jessied112
(edited)

The guy with pink hair sounds like he might be fun (or annoying, it could go either way). And I'm interested to see how the minister fits in with the other ladies. A couple of the woman seem like they might be okay, it's hard to tell yet. The guy from Dallas (my area) sounds like a total douche. 

Edited by TexasChic
(edited)

Joey might be okay in spite of her weird GinaMarie reference. I thought the pooping comment was kind of funny.

ETA: I meant she may be ignorant of what GM is really like, and not a true fan of hers. Otherwise, just... no.

Edited by TexasChic
(edited)

Wait, so there's a Hayden Voss and there's previously been Hayden Moss?

Is it ironic that Frankie Grande is best friends with Ariana Grande? Or he changed his last name to match hers? In that case, I don't like that. Plus, I don't relate to anyone who will go through "Twitter withdrawals".

ETA: Duh, didn't read the last sentence. Her brother.

Wild guess Joey was a hairstylist before reading. Shocker.

Edited by ShaNaeNae

I don't trust CBS....Why are they taking 2 shows before the Live Feeds?  I feel like they are going to spring some coaches or something on us.

From what I read, they are introducing 8 houseguests on Wednesday and another 8 on Thursday. I guess they are waiting until all 16 houseguests are introduced before they start the Live Feeds.

• Love 1
(edited)

If they both continue to wear glasses and aren't just glasses bought at Claire's in the mall to look hipster, I will get Christine and Nicole mixed up very easily.

Victoria's sing-songy way of talking and ending her sentences on a high note bug me already.

Edited by ShaNaeNae
(edited)

I've read the profiles and watched the interviews with Jeff.  Of course, I've already created my "BB16 Dream Team"!  Before I tell you who they are, please keep in mind that I liked Andy, Amanda, and Helen at first last year.  UGH!  So much for my first impressions.

BB16 Dream Team:  Devin, Hayden, Donny, Derrick (the males) and Christine and Paola (although I'm on the fence here).

The drawbacks to my DT are that Devin reminds me of Howard, both physically and in personality.  He may alienate the HGs at first because of his appearance. Hayden is so young (21)  and may not have the wherewithal to outlast others.  Donny is the oldest player (42) and may be alienated because of that.  Derrick- He's going to hide the fact that he's a police officer.  It may come out and bite him in the tush.  Christine - She has multiple tattoos, which is usually a reason for me to dislike a cast member. (I really like her and had to stretch for that one).  Paola - She reminds me of GM and says she has a big mouth.

Zach is too full of himself and is a Mike Boogie fan.  I hope Jocasta isn't preachy.  I would put Frankie on my dream team, but I don't think he can keep the fact that Ariana Grande is his sister a secret.  If she wins, Joey wants to use her winnings to attend music festivals.   Nicole says she will probably cry a lot.  YIKES!  Brittany was just recently introduced to BB.  BOO!  

That's 12 out of the 16.  I will be curious to see how far my favs get or if they turn out to be serial killers or something even worse...pigs!  I am so excited that there are no veterans. 

I wonder if the first 8 who enter the house on Wednesday will comprise the first team, and the second 8 on Thursday will be the 2nd team?  Anyway, other than a couple of HGs who turned me off due to first impressions, I have hope for this season!   Come on Wednesday!!  

Edited by Sharon825

Because I am totally shallow, I checked out the videos of the guys who looked remotely cute - was actually pleasantly surprised that Zach, Cody and Caleb all seem pretty well-spoken and good-natured. No Judds that could barely put a sentence together. Of course, everything changes once they're in the house but I am cautiously optimistic at this point.

(edited)

I spent like 5 hours watching videos of the people today. I'm not proud of it, but it is what it is!

I like Frankie. Sue me! Is there any doubt he's going to win Team America every time? I mean he alone has over 500,000 twitter followers an d Ariana has in the millions. This is like Elissa but 1 million times more.

I don't understand why they need a 2 night premiere or why we aren't getting the feeds after the first night and I am very pissed about it.

This season is already such a mess but I'm excited anyway. It's a sickness really!

(edited)

I like Frankie. Sue me! Is there any doubt he's going to win Team America every time? I mean he alone has over 500,000 twitter followers an d Ariana has in the millions. This is like Elissa but 1 million times more.

I have nothing against Frankie.  I love his enthusiasm, but I don't think he'll have much hope of doing well if people connect him to Ariana, and if Team America is connected in any way with Twitter accounts.  I listened to his interview with Rachel today, and he was talking about being on Broadway in "Mama Mia."   This is why I hate using Twitter for voting.  The results of the voting will get skewed like it did last year. 

If using Twitter for voting is going to be used, it should be for something has no impact on the results of the game.  Live Feeders should be the ones who vote for something that will impact the game.  We watch the show and have paid to have the Live Feeds.  For support, remember the week last year when they changed America's Favorite Player voting to the person we'd most like to LEAVE the show.  Rachel's Twitter followers weren't watching the show so they automatically voted for Elissa, thinking they were voting for their favorite HG.  Elissa could have gone home that week!

I'm going to trust that TPTB have thought of this and it will be a non-issue.  (fingers crossed)

Edited by Sharon825
(edited)

Live Feeders should be the ones who vote for something that will impact the game.  We watch the show and have paid to have the Live Feeds. 

I wish! The votes would go so differently. 

It doesn't appear that Twitter will be involved though. The Team America vote is through the CBS site. But I still think Frankie is almost a sure thing to win that, at least early on. It's just like with Elissa.

ETA: I implore everyone to watch this interview between Zach and Rachel/some youtube guy because it is truly hilarious!

I actually downright like Rachel in those interviews. I've always found her entertaining but wasn't really a fan (though I did root for her on TAR), but I think she's very likable and funny here. It feels sort of weird but also not. 

Anyway, I'll say that some of these HGs come off as less terrible and more humanlike in their videos, Amber especially. It makes me feel a little better about this season (the cast, anyway). If I had to pick a favorite right now, I'd say Christine.

Yea, the video interviews always make me feel better. But most of these people will come off completely different once they get in there anyway.

I didn't overwhelmingly like anyway. Really the only person I felt strong feelings for was Joey and I really hate her.

I have no complaints about the cast right now. I think this is the most diverse group we've gotten in the last seven or eight seasons, I'm curious to see how the cast interacts.

Any hidden racists?  Or are we just going to get the usual bag at least partially filled up with horrible misogynists, instead?

ETA: I implore everyone to watch this interview between Zach and Rachel/some youtube guy because it is truly hilarious!

Zach seems kind of repulsive, but yes, Rachel comes off okay,  I get that Zach is putting on an act, but he's overdoing it WAY too much.

(edited)

Watch Ryan and Rachel's interview of Amber: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67gltrQ0M7c

Not only does Amber have no idea who Rachel is, but when Rachel asks her, "Rachel or Britney?"  Amber looks at her with a blank stare and says, "Britney is the blonde, right?"  LOL.   Amber admits that the only BB season she has watched in total is last year's season.  Good for you, Amber!

Brittany admits during her interview that she was chatting with a friend in a bar a few weeks ago when someone from BB  approached her, interviewed her for half an hour, and said "You're going to be on BB!"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F69ZyX1BoKA     She had never watched BB, so I didn't feel sorry for her when Ryan and Rachel teased that there isn't any liquor in the house.  With a shocked expression, she replied, "Don't say that."   

I will be a tad peeved if either of these two win.

Edited by Sharon825

In this interview

Frankie (who apparently was on broadway) talks about how his strategy would have to change if people recognized him. What would people recognize him for? Is he actually famous? Was the broadway role like Tony-worthy?

Also- he looks completely different than I expected.  And is really annoying.

I'm just reading the full cast bios.  CBS wrote that Donny would take his favorite pair of "overhauls" into the house.  Way to go, copy editors!

The only other things that I can remember from the bios are that Amber is a living trash heap and that Zach is afraid of raccoons.  I'm not getting a good feeling about this cast.