Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

That logo looks like they are planning to lock 5 & 6 year olds in the house instead of... You know what?  I almost said adults.  Never mind.

Did you see that Live Feed viewers are going to be able to vote on the HG who will complete a daily task?  This includes chores!!!  (having flashbacks on the filthiness of last year's house, and the laziness of the males!)   

• Love 1
(edited)

That's cool! I like that idea. Seems like maybe they're gonna take a page outta BB Canada's book with that. I'm pretty excited.

I went ahead and ordered the feeds because, let's be real, there's no chance I wasn't gonna get them. It says that the exclusive content will start June 4th.

Edited by peachmangosteen

For some reason I don't think they'd do Blood vs. Water BB and then immediately do Blood vs. Water Survivor so I don't really believe that rumor. I think those rumors might actually be coming from the fact the Survivor is doing BvW again.

I guess we'll see! Does anyone remember when we got casting news last year? I imagine it'll be the same time this year since the premiere is around the same time.

That's cool! I like that idea. Seems like maybe they're gonna take a page outta BB Canada's book with that. I'm pretty excited.

I went ahead and ordered the feeds because, let's be real, there's no chance I wasn't gonna get them. It says that the exclusive content will start June 4th.

Peach,

What does the early 'exclusive content' contain? Will you learn who the houseguests are before the premiere of the show?

I finally have high speed internet access--well satellite (I live in a very rural area) and no job for the summer so I may finally get to be a live feed subscriber. I didn't know it was so relatively cheap. I thought it would be like $30 a month or something. Am I reading correctly? is the 23.99 covering the entire season? I am not entirely stupid, and am pretty sure I understand, just am new to this process so want to be clear. Thanks, folks! I've spent so much time reading y'alls work, I figure it's time for me to give back!

• Love 1

Yes, if you order by June 26th, you can get the full season's worth of feeds for 23.99! It used to be a good bit more, but it's been cheaper since moving from Superpass to the CBS site.

I recommend the feeds. You can not fully understand the show without them. Keep in mind though, they will probably ruin your social life as you will end up watching them for like full days!

• Love 3

The Live Feeds are the best, cheapest on-line entertainment for the summer if you are a Big Brother fan! You won't regret it... well actually, you might at some times regret it because you may find yourself addicted and glued to your screen!

If, like me, you live a few hours away from the West Coast time zone, you will find yourself staring at your monitor at 10:00 in the morning yelling at the houseguests to GET UP AND START ENTERTAINING ME! because they stay up until all hours of the night and then usually sleep in. So when it's mid- to late-morning in the Midwest, it's still hours until the houseguests get up. But boy, once they're up, it's show time!

What's really fun is getting to see and hear all the scheming, plotting, whispering, and back-stabbing... way more than ever makes the cut to one of the episodes. You get to watch them wait around for hours after the HOH competition, waiting for Big Brother to call the newly-crowned HOH to the Diary Room to give him/her the key to the HOH bedroom so that everyone can troop upstairs to feign interest.

You get to learn in almost real-time who won the POV, what he/she ended up doing with the POV, who are the haves/have nots and what they get to eat for the week, etc. Last year I saw the epic bed-flipping showdown unfold live between Aaryn/GinaMarie and Candice, including when Howard bodily removed Candice from the scene and Amanda went on a tirade against Aaryn/GinaMarie, and I remember thinking, "They better show that on the next episode!", and of course they did

Oh yeah, and it's really fun when the live episode ends with an endurance HOH competition, because soon after the live episode ends and the feeds start back up, you can continue to watch the competition and learn the outcome long before it gets edited and aired.

It's also fun to watch the feeds because there are thousands of other fans logged in watching them with you and you can chat with them on-line about the events as they unfold. Sometimes past houseguests show up in the chat and add their two cents in (Shelly Moore from BB13 hung out with us a lot last season)

One thing that can make it frustrating is how the Live Feeds will cut out when a houseguest is caught talking about production or about their Diary Room sessons or singing songs, all of which are against the rules.  But all in all, it is a ton of fun if you are a huge fan like me. :)

• Love 2

They wouldn't have Rachel and  Brendon back again, would they?  Seeing them on 5 different reality tv seasons is way too much for me.  I don't think I would survive another season of her laugh and the sequins.  I must admit, though, that Brendon annoyed me more during the recent TAR season.

No HGs from BB15, please!  I'm starting to have flashbacks on last summer.  Surely, they wouldn't... I don't even want to see the halfway benign HGs like Candice or Elissa (if she comes, so does you know who!)

Did you see that Live Feed viewers are going to be able to vote on the HG who will complete a daily task?  This includes chores!!!  (having flashbacks on the filthiness of last year's house, and the laziness of the males!)

I assume the task would be predetermined and not decided by the viewers, but how awesome would it have been last season if we could've forced McCrae to take showers? 

- this season will feature a new "Scarlet Veto" twist

- it will be similar to Survivor’s Blood Vs. Water theme, and will feature teams of relatives living in the house this summer.

- Frank Eudy (BB14) will be returning with his father, Sid Vicious

I'm fine but not thrilled with the Blood Vs. Water thing. If all pairs include returning contestants I'll be slightly annoyed, but (unpopular opinion alert!) I'd look forward to seeing Elissa/Rachel. I really enjoyed Elissa and I find Rachel highly entertaining, if unbearable as a person.

I can not deal with Frank, though. Can not. Deal.

• Love 1

I can't believe they'd do Blood vs. Water.   Survivor is doing another next season and people are already saying that's too soon.  Shoehorning in a BB version is going to be total overkill.  Suvivor is clearly the favorite child while BB is the bleach blonde summer stepchild, so I'm surprised they let them do anything that might detract from Survivor.  Also, BvW is about being put on separate tribes and forced to compete against you family member (at least in the beginning).  Unless they're going to introduce some team concept as well, BB house guests are basically free agents and the family members will be an unbreakable pair.  BB has done variations of this theme already (Project DNA, Secret Pairs) so this seems like a sad attempt to ride Survivors coat tails.  

I can't believe they'd do Blood vs. Water.   Survivor is doing another next season and people are already saying that's too soon.  Shoehorning in a BB version is going to be total overkill.  Suvivor is clearly the favorite child while BB is the bleach blonde summer stepchild, so I'm surprised they let them do anything that might detract from Survivor.

This is why I still don't really believe it'll actually be a BvW thing on BB this season. It's just overkill. Maybe some day I could see them doing it, but not the same year that Survivor is doing it.

Keep in mind that site isn't a reputable source and that all those things are really just rumors at this point.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know I was posting a questionable source! I hope it is NOT true about a Blood vs. Water thing, and about Frank returning... I would hate BOTH of those things.

(edited)

I pray we never see Frank again, so I really hope those rumors aren't true!

I think BvW in BB context would basically end up being like BB13 and that didn't work at all IMO.

ETA: 

Is Frank the one that was always yelling at us from the Diary Room?

I can't remember if he yelled, but it wouldn't surprise me. There's always a DR yeller in every season!

I love this show but I'm really ready for a change.  Change the house.... change the slop.... change the have/have nots.... Just change something!

I actually would really love a house change more than anything. 

• Love 3

Ugh. The season hasn't even started yet and I'm already yelling at my monitor! Just Say No to Frank.  Just no.

Amen. I would rather watch water drip. I also hope they don't go back to the Donato, Brenchel or Jordeff wells, either. No to anyone not named Elissa or Jessie from last season, although I'll admit that Amanda and Gina Marie would guarantee drama. There are plenty of people who've only played once that I'd love to see again, though: Keesha, Libra, Renny and Memphis from my second favorite season, for starters. Eric and Jessica from season 8. Russell, Ronnie and Kevin from season 11, Ian and Danielle from season 14. Some of these people are batshit, others know how to stir the pot and Ian, just because he's a sweet kid and gracious to fans.

• Love 1

I'm with you on all those except Ian. I really hope they don't bring back people who've already been on 2 or 3 times.

If there was ever a person who truly deserved a second chance at this game it's Eric Stein.

You don't like the rocking hammock? ;)

I agree about Eric so very much. He gets a lot of hate online, maybe some of it's deserved, but I thought he was good at the game in spite of the America's player ball and chain and would love to see what he might achieve on his own. Now that I think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing Jen from season 8 either, she was a headcase, but I also wonder about her game play in a Dick-free season.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jen deserves another chance too, but I doubt she gives a shit so she probably wouldn't come back. She is the only person I truly want to see again though.

I'm so pissed the feeds aren't starting until the next night. Ugh! We miss so much as it is! I assume this means there's probably going to be an eviction on the second ep.

After June 26th the season pass will be $26.99. The monthly pass is $9.99.

• Love 1

When does BB begin? The Little Man is 2 in a week so I will actually be able to watch, ie he is sleeping through the night so I don't have to go to bed at 8 PM and can actually watch some TV

It looks like a fashionable rumpus room from the mid-seventies.  It makes me want to get a mushroom cut and wear a terry-cloth romper while listening to the Captain and Tennille on my eight-track stereo.

• Love 4

Well, that was disappointing!  I expected to see a NEW house.  I'll need to see it on my tv screen because it looks so jammed together to me at the moment.  We have to look at those guys destroy the house over the next 3 months.  We should be able to look at something agreeable to the eyes.  Did anyone else look at that bedroom and think, "Ewwwww watch out for the used condoms!"  

Today, DVR "The Talk" (for the season twist), and "Entertainment Tonight" (for a tour of the house) , and the "CBS This Morning" show tomorrow, which is supposed to introduce the HGs.

I actually really like the house. I think it's cute. 

Today, DVR "The Talk" (for the season twist), and "Entertainment Tonight" (for a tour of the house) , and the "CBS This Morning" show tomorrow, which is supposed to introduce the HGs.

Is the US ET doing the house tour too, or just the Canada one?

• Love 1

We have to look at those guys destroy the house over the next 3 months.

No kidding!  "Big Brother Canada 2" was the worst for nose pickers and filthy people who didn't clean.  In fact, I went to a media event where one of the contestants was answering questions with the intention of asking her why no one ever cleaned up.  I didn't get to ask her, but by chance I ran into her the next day.  It frustrated me that no one ever vacuumed when there was a Dyson vacuum in the storage room, and it really bugged me that the contestants would squat in the bedroom on mattresses that had no sheets on them.  She told me that production would take ALL the sheets to be washed and return them much later in the day.  She also claimed that they could only use the vacuum when instructed to do so because the noise interfered with the live feeds.

I can't C&P the web address, Peach.  If you go to bigbrothergroup.com and click on the calendar on the right, you'll see what I posted about today and tomorrow's BB events.

I appreciate your link for better pictures of the house.  Did I miss the reason for the treehouse theme?  I still think the bones of the house looks the same.  However, I'll wait for Julie's presentation before making a final opinion.  I will say, though,  that they have some of the most uncomfortable looking furniture; makes me want to lie down.  :-)  Look at the couch that is the first bit of furniture the HGs see.  It looks as though it is a sofa from Puritan NE.