Type keyword(s) to search

Little Women: LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That was the season finale a few weeks back. They stopped doing the reunion, the last reunion I remember was for Houston and it got really physically violent. I miss LA reunions because Kevin Frasier was a really good host, Shawn Robinson who does the 90 Day Fiance ones really could learn a thing from him.

• Love 1
On 9/6/2019 at 10:35 AM, bichonblitz said:

Are we back to unreliable wonky TV scheduling again? Where is the show? It's been on and off the air all season. Surely the last episode wasn't the season finale, was it? 

On 9/8/2019 at 1:27 AM, AZ Curls said:

That was the season finale a few weeks back. They stopped doing the reunion, the last reunion I remember was for Houston and it got really physically violent. I miss LA reunions because Kevin Frasier was a really good host, Shawn Robinson who does the 90 Day Fiance ones really could learn a thing from him.

I believe the show was Dallas, not Houston.

The Wikipedia  for LWLA was edited to show an ending date of August 15, 2019 (which was of course the season finale. Also, when you jump to the Season 8 section, that season finale, was named "The End of An Era". I know Wiki can unreliable at times, but It makes you wonder, even though it wouldn't be a surprise.

I am not sure WHY I am just watching the latest season of Little Women LA now (as I check the times aired, they list dates between May and September/2019) but I am in Canada, so maybe we're 'delayed', hmm? Anyhow, I just watched the episode where Tera (yet again) went off on Kristy for daring to say that Tera won't understand what Kristy is going through until her kids are teens who talk back to her. Tera immediately attacked Kristy for criticizing Penelope because she had a setback and is unable to talk as she did before. Anyone watching could clearly see Tera was itching for an attack (got to get those ratings, you know) and the NERVE of her to bully Kristy and demand that she never discuss Tera's children, yet in the same sentence tell Kristy she's a horrible mother whose children were taken away twice. Congratulations, Tera, you are the official winner of the L.A.'s Biggest Troll Douchebag award. I unsubscribed from her Youtube channel and as far as I am concerned, she is the most vile, self-centred character on television (right up there with Dallas's Leanne). Kristy is a nutjob in her own right, but I am sick of watching Tera use her as a punching bag because she knows none of the other women would put up with that crap. (Kristy is an essay of her own because of her dramatic hypochondriac attempts for attention.)

• Love 5
On 1/1/2020 at 11:20 PM, Chalby said:

I am not sure WHY I am just watching the latest season of Little Women LA now (as I check the times aired, they list dates between May and September/2019) but I am in Canada, so maybe we're 'delayed', hmm? Anyhow, I just watched the episode where Tera (yet again) went off on Kristy for daring to say that Tera won't understand what Kristy is going through until her kids are teens who talk back to her. Tera immediately attacked Kristy for criticizing Penelope because she had a setback and is unable to talk as she did before. Anyone watching could clearly see Tera was itching for an attack (got to get those ratings, you know) and the NERVE of her to bully Kristy and demand that she never discuss Tera's children, yet in the same sentence tell Kristy she's a horrible mother whose children were taken away twice. Congratulations, Tera, you are the official winner of the L.A.'s Biggest Troll Douchebag award. I unsubscribed from her Youtube channel and as far as I am concerned, she is the most vile, self-centred character on television (right up there with Dallas's Leanne). Kristy is a nutjob in her own right, but I am sick of watching Tera use her as a punching bag because she knows none of the other women would put up with that crap. (Kristy is an essay of her own because of her dramatic hypochondriac attempts for attention.)

I HATE Terra.  Hate.  I don't even like Christy, and I actually think she is an asshole for the way she dumped Todd, and insinuated that he beat her.  But Terra is still the worst.

Is this show coming back?  Or have I not seen it because I deleted it from the dvr? 

• Love 3
On 1/29/2020 at 8:04 AM, heatherchandler said:

Is this show coming back?  Or have I not seen it because I deleted it from the dvr? 

LOL - I feel ya! Terra ridiculous behaviour gets me so irate, I've deleted episodes as well as the series recording. Now I am looking through channels to see if it's on again. I am a glutton for punishment. (But seriously, someone needs to call out Terra. She's so thirsty for fame she is behaving like the lowest trash there is. I thought Matt was disgusting... make way for Terra.) 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

LOL - I feel ya! Terra ridiculous behaviour gets me so irate, I've deleted episodes as well as the series recording. Now I am looking through channels to see if it's on again. I am a glutton for punishment. (But seriously, someone needs to call out Terra. She's so thirsty for fame she is behaving like the lowest trash there is. I thought Matt was disgusting... make way for Terra.) 

Same here!  I don't know why I can't quit this show for good.

Matt was so sick and disturbed and disgusting, I am wondering how Brianna is doing these days. 

• Love 3

Y'all know Terra is pregnant with her 3rd child and due a month before Christy and Brianna got married again to some new guy?

Edited to add: And Todd lost a lot of weight and looks great!

Edited by AZ Curls
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 2/1/2020 at 1:56 PM, AZ Curls said:

Y'all know Terra is pregnant with her 3rd child and due a month before Christy and Brianna got married again to some new guy?

Edited to add: And Todd lost a lot of weight and looks great!

What??  I hate Terra, and Christy.  But hope Brianna is happy with her new husband.

Happy for Todd!  I hope he finds someone who will not treat him like crap.  I think he was depressed because of Christy and her negativity.  That can really bring someone down.

• Love 2
On 1/29/2020 at 8:04 AM, heatherchandler said:

Good question. Even the episodes I was watching had dates from 2019, but I haven't talked to anyone who actually saw the show on the dates attached to the episodes. Who knows anymore, as I know Tera behaviour turns off a lot of viewers. She fights so dirty, and it's to tear down others, not bring the LP community together.

• Love 3
On 1/31/2020 at 6:46 AM, heatherchandler said:

Same here!  I don't know why I can't quit this show for good.

LOL - This show is the Brokeback Mountain of reality shows. "I just can't quit you..."

The last episode I watched made it official (in my view) that Christy has managed to damage her child enough to turn her into a full-fledged hypochondriac, who is fearful of everything, and anticipate early death around every corner.

Amber (is that her name...?) is even worse than Christy for applying every illness to herself (thanks to mom diagnosing her). Problem is, Christy learned as an adult that being a hypochondriac brought her attention. Amber doesn't know better, and believes everything her mother says - embellished or not.

Amber briefly toyed with living and working independently, which her mom crushed asap. Now Amber appears to be a shell of herself. She no longer complains of not being allowed out, etc. She just wants to stay home, coddled by mom, and not having to experience reality. 

Christy has made her daughter believe she's an invalid.

• Love 1
On 2/3/2020 at 9:59 AM, heatherchandler said:

What??  I hate Terra, and Christy.  But hope Brianna is happy with her new husband.

Wait a minute - I missed that during my first scan. WHAT new husband? When, where, and with who, please? I really think these reality gals put way too much emphasis on getting married. Guess what gang, it doesn't make problems go away. I have also found that as soon as a couple (on reality tv) plans for vow renewals, the marriage is on its last legs. It's like a reality show jinx - Stay away from vow renewals if you want to stay married.

• Love 2
On 5/10/2019 at 12:52 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I wanted to see what everyone was talking about with regards to Elena carrying around more weight than she used to (I can't remember)

Kristi...wtf.  Whoever posed her that way should be shot.  Everyone else looks good.  I love Tanya.  She's so normal (comparatively!)

Elena needs to accept her extra padding - it's a gift from motherhood and she is beautiful, regardless. When I saw your pix from season 1 - I guarantee Terra was the only one who got final picture approval. I could see Terra choosing that picture because it is horrible of Christy, and I know Christy can take a good picture, so it wouldn't be like every pix had her hideous..

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

Wait a minute - I missed that during my first scan. WHAT new husband? When, where, and with who, please? I really think these reality gals put way too much emphasis on getting married. Guess what gang, it doesn't make problems go away. I have also found that as soon as a couple (on reality tv) plans for vow renewals, the marriage is on its last legs. It's like a reality show jinx - Stay away from vow renewals if you want to stay married.

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2019/10/25/former-little-women-la-star-briana-renee-gets-engaged-a-week-after-her-divorce-from-matt-grundhoffer-is-finalized/

Hope this guy is not psycho!

• Love 3
On 2/12/2020 at 7:49 AM, Chalby said:

LOL - This show is the Brokeback Mountain of reality shows. "I just can't quit you..."

The last episode I watched made it official (in my view) that Christy has managed to damage her child enough to turn her into a full-fledged hypochondriac, who is fearful of everything, and anticipate early death around every corner.

AUTUMN(is that her name...?) is even worse than Christy for applying every illness to herself (thanks to mom diagnosing her). Problem is, Christy learned as an adult that being a hypochondriac brought her attention. AUTUMN doesn't know better, and believes everything her mother says - embellished or not.

AUTUMN briefly toyed with living and working independently, which her mom crushed asap. Now AUTUMN appears to be a shell of herself. She no longer complains of not being allowed out, etc. She just wants to stay home, coddled by mom, and not having to experience reality. 

Christy has made her daughter believe she's an invalid.

Edited by Chalby
I CHANGED THE NAME AMBER TO AUTUMN - I COULDN'T REMEMBER HER NAME
On 4/6/2019 at 10:00 AM, RedheadZombie said:

And Joe is useless.  Terra makes the lion's share of their finances, and yet he's never dependable to care for the children.  

To be fair, I don't see Joe as having the mobility to care for any child. Watching him get around, it's clear he needs to sit more than even Todd. I assumed his band brings in some revenue. But although he loves his children, there's no way he can care for them. As for Terra, she seems to enjoy fussing over potential "traumatic surgeries" re: Penny. None of this should be a surprise to Tera, so I wish she'd be more matter-of-fact because Penny doesn't need to see mom stressed out every time there's a Dr. appointment. The show does not need story lines that badly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Yawnya – Are Borewin & Jaast Using You the only men you can get? Your “Boss” persona is a cover for an extremely insecure woman. You’re all talk & slow action. A real in control, badazz, biatch doesn’t have to tell everyone she meets that’s who she is. You, Yawnya, are a wannabe.

Jasmane – Girl, I like you but that scraggly, overly long mane only emphasizes your pony face. You blew thousands on a boob job, but seem unwilling to invest in a high-quality wig that doesn’t sit on top of your head like a hair-hat. Maybe people won’t stare if you get some better hair! And give your poor hubby a break! The guy works his butt off, then you take advantage of a months old boob job to make him wait on you when he’s home. Princess please!!

Me-lena – I just can’t stand you anymore. Your business ideas are so unoriginal. Calling it a blow out bar doesn’t change the fact that it’s a hair & make-up salon. Next, you’ll want to open a coffee shop, because there’s not one of those on every corner either.  Yesman, you clearly think you married out of your league & want to keep your Russian doll happy, but she won’t be happy when there’s no money & you have to move to a 1-bedroom by the airport. Grow a pair before you’re outa there!

Mika the Fame Seeka – She was clearly told to storm in like a white trash tornado. Her pranks are the work of an 8th grade mean girl. The piss in the drink was low brow, but the hounding of Crusty about her weight & what she’s eating was just deplorable. I guess Mika couldn’t hear the slapping of her own thunder thighs as she chased Crusty down the street. She seems more mellow so far in season 8, but she still has a low-class yuk about her.

Crusty – Glad you’re down some pounds & feeling better. Also happy you ditched Blah, because you couldn’t live your best life trapped under his black cloud. I see your fear in loosening the reigns on Rotum. On the one hand, you’d like her to drive and be more independent, on the other hand, that means she won’t need you as much and you’ll have fewer opportunities to force yourself into her social activities. The dance-off between you two made you both looks like fools.

Peara – You sat on your 40lbs of extra ass & thighs while your friend, Fame Seeka, bullied Crusty for her weight and encouraged the piss prank on Yawnya while claiming your trying to repair your friendship. You’ve got two faces to go with your triple-wide spread. Your grubby lil’ hubby, Joke, has as much passion for you as a rock. Or in his case, a pebble. We’ve seen him salivate over Me-lena, and know he lusted for the compact bod of Lila (deny it all you want Joke, you were into hittin’ that), but when it comes to Peara – he’s basically indifferent. She could walk in the room nakid & he’d tell her she’s going to get cold. Get a clue – he just ain’t that into you!

Overall – What’s the deal with all the fights over people joining activities? Some people don’t want to ride a horse, or zip line, or whatever. It’s not a representation for “little people can’t”, so no need for all the peer pressure.

No one expect Me-lena wishes they were average-sized? You little liars. Surgeries, health & mobility issues – who would choose that? We all have things about ourselves we’d like to change. I’d like to be more petite, with olive-toned skin and long dark eyelashes. That doesn’t mean I shun my tall, freckled, blonde-lashed friends & relatives or that I don’t accept what I can’t change about myself.

• LOL 4
On 4/18/2020 at 4:46 PM, J80134 said:

Overall – What’s the deal with all the fights over people joining activities? 

Wow - Okay, now tell us what you really think... Heh, heh

• LOL 1

I used to enjoy the show years ago...kind of forgot about it and haven't watched in several years but just popped in to say I was surprised to see Tanya had a nice little part in the new Genius: Aretha miniseries.  She played Sister Sammie Bryant who was a little person gospel singer in the 50s that lived in Detroit and was friends with the Franklins.  She was good and I wonder if that was really her singing in the performance part.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 3/26/2015 at 2:51 AM, heatherchandler said:

Tanika Ray is the worst host ever. I turned the reunion show off because of that. And I never turn off reunion shows!

Yes. I agree. Tanika Ray SUCKED at hosting the reunion. She was totally biased and to be honest, rude and arrogant. She shouldn’t be a host for ANYTHING!!!

• Love 2
On 12/14/2022 at 12:29 PM, ShaNaeNae said:

Is that the guy she was madly in love with? They had the daughter who passed away? 

No that guy was a little person his name on IG was Gonzo grape (or something of the sort)l. They were engaged at one point I believe.  The guy Christy married was someone different.