Type keyword(s) to search

Little Women: LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
Can't decide if I will continue to watch--seems like they are all trying too hard to fit into their characters instead of themselves.

I agree. After Joe commented on how pretty and perfect Elena is in front of his current girlfriend, their friends, and TV cameras for the millionth time, all I could envision was Terra and Joe sitting down to plan their script for the season.

I had to comment on this: Christy's birth control is an iPhone app and her boyfriend didn't know anything about it. I say if you're in a committed relationship, are living together, and have not even discussed what birth control is being used, then you deserve an "oops" in nine months . That was just the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Edited by Zanne
  • Love 2

@Zanne--Exactly!  And if my partner and I had a 25% chance of passing on a life threatening genetic disability to our unborn child, I would make darn sure my choice of birth control was more dependable. 

• Love 2

I do, too! It seems like he really loves her, and it makes me a little sad that every time she's talked about her husband, she's never mentioned "love". She said they like hanging out together and doing things together, but not the magic word. I did hope maybe that was a cultural thing and not that she didn't love him.

I'm getting vibes - I feel like he loves her, very much so. I don't get that from her at all. She seems friendly toward him but no love there. He's possibly headed for heartbreak.

Christy's laugh IS amazing... but I wonder if it was dubbed in over and over again to juice up the audio during the wardrobe malfunction.  It just seemed way out of proportion.  Wouldn't be the first time a reality show goosed the show by looping something to imply it lasted longer than it did.

That said, she's... a character.  I think I finally figured it out -- she's that sour faced 60 year old coworker who never has a nice thing to say about anybody.  Only she's young!  

Tonya intrigues me.  I go along liking her for being so normal and sensible, and then she asks a guy she's known 7 mins if he's circumcised.  

The dark hared lady who isn't in showbiz at all seemed to do much better at the hip hop dancing than her colleagues who dance in front of audiences for a living. 

• Love 1

Man, Briana's ex-husband seems like a super tool. He's like a sullen, defiant teenager in a grown man's body. He needs to grow up like yesterday. What grown ass man with a child has a "serious friendship" with a woman he brings around his daughter? Who says that?

• Love 1

His biggest tool move is choosing to BOTH be a tool AND be on tv.  He could be a total jerk in real life and put on a better show on camera.  Most people think they can get away with it, but eventually can be seen for what they are.  

He, on the other hand, is either oblivious to how obvious he is, or doesn't care and wants to be on tv anyway.

Their daughter is a sweetheart, but while the mom is basically right in this situation, dragging it in front of the cameras was an exceptionally bad idea.  No way that works out well if you don't already have a great relationship.

I think it is incredibly disrespectful that Briana's ex broke the rule that they had to meet any new bf/gf before the daughter did.

I felt bad, but I cackled very loudly when Tonya's boob came out and Christy damn near lost it. Did Tonya not rehearse in the outfit before getting on that stage?

@4leafclover

Is he a little person too?  He looked like a pseudoachon (listen to me, I'm an expert after only 3 episodes).

I was wondering the same thing about him as well as their daughter. Does she have dwarfism?

@trimthatfat

I felt bad, but I cackled very loudly when Tonya's boob came out and Christy damn near lost it. Did Tonya not rehearse in the outfit before getting on that stage?

Me too! It was hysterical. I did notice that one reason she gave for not inviting her date to the show was because she wasn't comfortable in her costume so perhaps she had a mishap during rehearsal or knew the potential for a nipple slip existed. 

• Love 1

I was wondering the same thing about him as well as their daughter. Does she have dwarfism?

@mamey2422--I looked Briana up on lifetime.com and it says her 4 year old daughter is a "mini version" of Briana (and I think she said her daughter is a little person on the first episode) and that her ex is also a little person but that "height does not matter to her."  

Terra throwing it out there about Elena possibly marrying for a green card and Christy possibly having had a drink during her sobriety so randomly confused the heck out of me. I can't tell if the producers instructed her to be a shit-stirrer or what, but that was an awfully desperate attempt to drum up drama.

Terra's jealous comes across clearly. Elena's husband is the most attentive and loving in this series. What does he do for a living?
  • Love 1

Briana may yet be my favorite. She is very pretty and looked awesome in that bikini. She also seems to be intelligent, mature and a caring mother. Her ex-husband managed to present himself as a real tool. The backward baseball cap sort of topped it off.

• Love 1

I do like her so far. Of course, I just stumbled by the show a few days ago. She said she hated the costume. I must agree after the wardrobe malfunction. Good thing she didn't bring her new fellow there.    

I am really liking Brianna, she seems very level headed. Her ex seems like a douche, he broke their agreement and I can only imagine the stories he is telling the new girlfriend about his "crazy" ex wife.

I had to comment on this: Christy's birth control is an iPhone app and her boyfriend didn't know anything about it. I say if you're in a committed relationship, are living together, and have not even discussed what birth control is being used, then you deserve an "oops" in nine months . That was just the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

The rhythm method is THE MOST reliable method of birth control ever!  Just ask my great grandmother who had 19 kids by her 38th birthday.   Christy's boyfriend seemed shocked that their birth control was an iPhone app.  Had they not discussed this before?  Especially since he had experienced a loss of a baby due to a genetic issue. 

• Love 3

Joes a jerk, but what's wrong with Todd?

In an earlier episode they were at a party and Todd was talking to his ex girlfriend, Briana.  He was obviously flirting with her and she confronted him on it, reminding him that he is dating her friend.  His response was something like, "What I have with Christy is what I have with Christy."  Or some such drivel.  Briana said the whole encounter made her uncomfortable.  

I think Christy and Terra can both do better than Todd and Joe.  Even being alone would be better, in my opinion.

I agree.

I'm curious about how all of the little couples met. I know Jen and Bill from The Little Couple on TLC  met as children (briefly) and then reconnected as adults on a dating website, so I'm wondering how everyone on this show met their boyfriends/spouses.

• Love 1

Elena is stunning. If I were her I would look into that surgery that can extend your height by placing rods into your legs

Those surgeries are completely painful and often result in more disability and problems. She seems happy, has a great life, and has a husband who adores her. Why put her life and health at risk like that?

• Love 3
(edited)

Christy is pathetic to me. But I did feel very bad the way Terra practically bullied her about the beer thing. Terra takes shots at everyone, especially when she feels insecure and threatened. It's obvious that Christy's boyfriend gave her the ring just so she could shut up about it. No thought whatsoever into making the proposal special, he just coasted and gave her the ring. He's probably hoping it will buy him peace and quiet, and will postpone the wedding for as long as he can.

I think Christy is so bitchy because post-alcoholism, she still hasn't successfully made amends to those that she hurt in the circle. The other engaged girl and Terra obviously knew her back then, and may still holding her at arms length, waiting for her to eff up with the alcohol and spiral out of control again. She's probably tired of walking on eggshells, so so takes the offense, trying to get them to talk about everything BUT her drinking, that's why the beer thing is bothering her so much. She also seems very needy, insecure, and needs the engagement to make herself feel valid. I still feel like her relationship with Todd is too rushed and forced, but to each their own.

Edited by Spiderella2
(edited)

Terra is such a jealous and vindictive person. She must be a Scorpio. She is so jealous of Elena, it seeps through her pores. Elena is nicer, more exotic, More beautiful, and a more radiant person. Plus she is younger, has a husband who obv adores her, and is probably getting more gigs. When Elena told the story of the hospital, I had tears in my eyes. No matter how many lockers and bins the others had been thrown into in school, they can't say Elena didn't earn her little person stripes. She suffered too, maybe even more so, and definitely earned her stripes. Nice to see the other women show empathy. Terra didn't want to eat her humble pie in that moment, you could see it in her face. Even though she said the words, she was peeved that her plan to humiliate Elena backfired.

Also, Joe lusting after Elena probably doesn't help the jealousy factor. He always compliments Elena to Terra. That may actually be the real reason Terra hates her, but she's not self-aware enough to acknowledge it. Her relationship with Joe is stuck in that boring comfort zone, and she's trying everything to get the spark back. But he's just coasting until something better comes along. She needs to chill out. Elena don't want your man.

Why does T think she should be the only blonde mini performer? There are hundreds of blonde little people! Even if she was "the first Mini Britney", that was decades ago. T is probably jealous of the mini Gaga gig, they probably both auditioned, but Elena was chosen. Terra also isn't that good of performer, I can't wait to see Elena's performance. And the photo shoot....I laughed so hard! Terra's worst nightmare happened. Just Elena being there stole the spotlight.

Edited by Spiderella2
Language

Whoa...didn't know Tonya was a firecracker when riled up. She completely READ Elena, Atlanta-style at the bowling alley. I always considered her a yes-man to Terra, but she does let her opinions be known, just is not as aggressive like the other ladies. Except when you piss her off!

• Love 1

Why is she on the show? Super boring and not into this at all.

Also, she wears the same blue dress in almost every scene and for some reason that is bothering me. It's a cute dress but I'm sick of looking at it.

you know every show has that ultra conservative type. That's why I agree with the other poster that stated that these women are still mostly filling the reality show caricatures, and not being themselves yet. I.e. The Virgin, the Bitch, The Hot One, the Nutjob etc.
(edited)

The moment the guy told Terra that Elena would look better in the negligee and my jaw dropped while hers didn't, I realized this was scripted.

I'm not saying the whole thing is.  But if it's Elena's show in the sense that she was the driving force behind it, I can see her pulling her ex into a storyline where she's the wronged woman.  (Why he'd do that, I don't know, unless it was his nature anyway).

Just like Walter on RHOA, if you frame his behavior as he's playing a part and she's flipping the script a bit, it makes more sense than if they're actually together and he behaves that way on camera.  But it's not even so much how he reacted but how SHE did (or didn't).

Her talking heads were full of hurt -- yet in the moment when he grossly insulted her by throwing in her face the name of a woman he knows she's jealous of, her reaction is to smack him jokingly.  Not MY reaction if my man compares me unfavorably to somebody we know while I'm modeling lingerie for him!  Of course, I'm not her.  But I suspect it's also not the reaction of the woman doing the talking heads. 

Edited by kassa

@kassa

Her talking heads were full of hurt -- yet in the moment when he grossly insulted her by throwing in her face the name of a woman he knows she's jealous of, her reaction is to smack him jokingly.  Not MY reaction if my man compares me unfavorably to somebody we know while I'm modeling lingerie for him!  Of course, I'm not her.  But I suspect it's also not the reaction of the woman doing the talking heads. 

I initially had the same reaction as you because it was SO rude then I interpreted it as he was just teasing her since they'd had conversations about Elena and Terra's jealousy of him flirting leading up to the moment. While a lot of the Terra vs. Elena story line is fairly staged/scripted I don't think that specific moment was. 

@trimthatfat

I'm curious about how all of the little couples met. I know Jen and Bill from The Little Couple on TLC  met as children (briefly) and then reconnected as adults on a dating website, so I'm wondering how everyone on this show met their boyfriends/spouses.

Christy and Todd met online. Traci and her fiance also met online on a dating site specific to little people called datealittle.com (Ha!). I think I remember Elena saying she met her husband at a Little Person Convention but that's based purely on memory and what he was doing at such a convention I have no idea. Or maybe she met him while she was in the US attending a convention. I would guess that Terra and her boyfriend met through both being in the little person entertainment community in LA. 

I think Terra needs to dump Joe, he was flirting with Elena and he blatantly lied about it. Terra came across as a bit desperate to hang on to him, the dinner (he could have tasted a piece) and then the lingerie comment, just NO!.  Honestly I think she is in a bit of denial, she know's what's going on but is just ignoring it. When you boyfriend has no reaction to you in sexy lingerie, something is very very wrong.

Elena also lied to Tonya, Elena said to Kerwin.."Did she talk to you about the new guy" and then she said to Tonya during the confrontation that she only asked if Tonya spoke to him about "anything".  Tonya had every right to be upset, however she should have chosen another venue to confront Elena about it.

Terra has the ladies attend a cooking class and things get zesty as the conversation turns to Tonya's love life. In an effort to lose weight and prepare for their wedding, Christy and Todd diet and enroll in dance lessons. When Terra's boyfriend Joe fawns over Elena, Terra plans a sexy and intimate evening to remind Joe of their spark.

Tonya had every right to be upset, however she should have chosen another venue to confront Elena about it.

And miss the shocked reactions of the other diners as the conversation turned into shouting? Not a chance.

• Love 1

Elena is my girl crush...so she can do no wrong. She was strapped to a table 4 two years...wtf?

I think the rivalry between her and Terry is very real. They are both Gaga impersonators. ..im sure competing for the same jobs before this show started.

Terra is a big personality, and there is a younger, prettier, sweeter Gaga in town....and she no likey.

Joe is a douche, played out for tv or not...if he had a chance with Elena, Terra would be road kill.

posted already in the Elena thread...but would she be the most amazing Tinkerbell ever at Disneyland? Omg...if i was a kid and met her there...i would believe fairies were real for the rest of my life

• Love 1

I just stumbled on this series today and couldn't stop watching.

On this episode, it was nice to see Terra and Elena resolve their issue without it dissolving into something physical. That said, Elena was way out of line saying anything to Terra's ex about the new relationship and she deserved to be checked HARD. Wasn't her place at all.