Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Dames, Dogs and Danke

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, serenitynow said:

Why would anyone pay $70.24 in shipping for a swimsuit?  That’s ridiculous.  

The bigger question to me is what business would only offer shipping for $70.24 with no other choice?  One that is not really a business, but a front for laundering money? How many people would you turn off, and would not order due to that ridiculous number? Most, I would think. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, serenitynow said:

Just an FYI, that $70.24 shipping cost was because it was an overseas order, not a state side order! The reviews read as if 99 % of them are by people that didn't even order anything let alone get it and were disappointed by something. I believe only 1 or 2 actually said they got something and they were returning it. These reviews are more from viewers that don't like Dorit and never ordered anything and never will. LOL I never trust reviews on any HW product as viewers make up crap either to bolster their favorite HW or trash the ones they don't like without ever buying the said product. LOL

• Love 6

I've seen some questions about posters spelling ErICKa's name certain ways. I spell it this way because I find her insufferable, so she puts the ICK in ErICKa to me. Just being snarky. I can't speak for anyone else's reasons, but that's mine.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Just an FYI, that $70.24 shipping cost was because it was an overseas order, not a state side order! The reviews read as if 99 % of them are by people that didn't even order anything let alone get it and were disappointed by something. I believe only 1 or 2 actually said they got something and they were returning it. These reviews are more from viewers that don't like Dorit and never ordered anything and never will. LOL I never trust reviews on any HW product as viewers make up crap either to bolster their favorite HW or trash the ones they don't like without ever buying the said product. LOL

I stated in my post that there were both one star and five star reviews from people who were reviewing the collection but had not ordered in person. I would assume the 5 stars are from people who actually like Dorito, just as you assume the those giving negative reviews don't like her. Even if I liked her I would give a thumbs down to this collection as I think it is dull and the colours are boring. FWIW, I think her previous collection was much better, but that is a low bar given her current collection.

As far as the $70.24 shipping cost goes, it was not being shipped overseas. I checked the profile of the person who posted the review, and she lives in Edmonton. FYI, that is in Canada. Lol. I have ordered many products from the states and have even paid for expedited shipping, and have never paid near that amount from anywhere in the states. And it isn't like a bathing suit is heavy, or needs a large parcel to ship, so the $70.24 is ridiculous. Dorito must be pocketing the difference in what it actually costs her and what she is charging the client. If the client could return the suit for $22 Dorito should be able to ship for a similar amount. The fact that there is no other option is both ridiculous and suspect. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I stated in my post that there were both one star and five star reviews from people who were reviewing the collection but had not ordered in person. I would assume the 5 stars are from people who actually like Dorito, just as you assume the those giving negative reviews don't like her. Even if I liked her I would give a thumbs down to this collection as I think it is dull and the colours are boring. FWIW, I think her previous collection was much better, but that is a low bar given her current collection. As far as the $70.24 shipping cost goes, I also stated that the person returning the suit only paid $22 to return it. When I have ordered product online I have never been given only an option of expedited shipping, and that includes ordering overseas. 

The first one, the one by GB, says she got her suit and the top was "too big" and that she had to return it and she talks about customers having to pay for all shipping costs but never says how much either was. The one you are talking about is the only person that mentions/gives the amount of the shipping costs, I suspect that is a bogus review. Just the fact that the suit was shipped abroad (she doesn't mention where/what country though) would increase the cost of shipping and the return cost may not be as much because she didn't insure the package. 

16 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

The first one, the one by GB, says she got her suit and the top was "too big" and that she had to return it and she talks about customers having to pay for all shipping costs but never says how much either was. The one you are talking about is the only person that mentions/gives the amount of the shipping costs, I suspect that is a bogus review. Just the fact that the suit was shipped abroad (she doesn't mention where/what country though) would increase the cost of shipping and the return cost may not be as much because she didn't insure the package. 

I think you are reaching - lol. GB actually compliments the material of the suit. The second one that talks about the shipping costs has pretty specific information about her experience, including customer service, emails, return policies etc. I still don't know why you are saying the suit was shipped abroad? In any case the FB site is Dorito's for her line so if she thought it was bogus or the information was not correct one would think she would reply. But neither she nor anyone else connected to BB challenges the facts given in the review. As I said, I have ordered many things through the states, (and like the reviewer I am in Canada) including returning items and for BB to only give an option for expedited shipping, and a ridiculous amount at that is laughable. I have also ordered from overseas and never paid anywhere near that amount for shipping. 

Edited to add - it looks like you posted before your saw the post where I said the person who gave the review about the shipping charges lives in Canada, not overseas. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Normades said:

I've seen some questions about posters spelling ErICKa's name certain ways. I spell it this way because I find her insufferable, so she puts the ICK in ErICKa to me. Just being snarky. I can't speak for anyone else's reasons, but that's mine.

^THIS x 1000!!!

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I think you are reaching - lol. GB actually compliments the material of the suit. The second one that talks about the shipping costs has pretty specific information about her experience, including customer service, emails, return policies etc. I still don't know why you are saying the suit was shipped abroad? In any case the FB site is Dorito's for her line so if she thought it was bogus or the information was not correct one would think she would reply. But neither she nor anyone else connected to BB challenges the facts given in the review. As I said, I have ordered many things through the states, (and like the reviewer I am in Canada) including returning items and for BB to only give an option for expedited shipping, and a ridiculous amount at that is laughable. I have also ordered from overseas and never paid anywhere near that amount for shipping. 

Edited to add - it looks like you posted before your saw the post where I said the person who gave the review about the shipping charges lives in Canada, not overseas. 

What I am pointing out is that both claimed to receive an order from Dorit's line but only 1 mentions sky high shipping costs. ES does not mention what country she lives in in either of her posts but claims it cost her an additional $27 in "customs fees", which means that she does not live in the US and I doubt she lives in Canada either. She also didn't read the return info before she placed an order, they are very clear that you have to email them, that there is no phone number to call and that it takes about 2 days for them to get back to you, not including weekends/holidays. This is why I question the legitimacy of this post. 

Just an FYI, I am not defending Dorit or her swimsuit line but I know from looking at other HW product reviews that so many of the reviews are bogus because the person does not like that HW. And this, ES, review reads as bogus IMO. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

What I am pointing out is that both claimed to receive an order from Dorit's line but only 1 mentions sky high shipping costs. ES does not mention what country she lives in in either of her posts but claims it cost her an additional $27 in "customs fees", which means that she does not live in the US and I doubt she lives in Canada either. She also didn't read the return info before she placed an order, they are very clear that you have to email them, that there is no phone number to call and that it takes about 2 days for them to get back to you, not including weekends/holidays. This is why I question the legitimacy of this post. 

Just an FYI, I am not defending Dorit or her swimsuit line but I know from looking at other HW product reviews that so many of the reviews are bogus because the person does not like that HW. And this, ES, review reads as bogus IMO. 

All you have to do is scroll down her FB page and it is very obvious from her posts that she lives in Canada. She has posted various info referring to where she lives.  I have paid custom fees when ordering something from the states, it depends on what I am ordering if fees apply. As I said, if the review was bogus (and I don't think it is) anyone on Dorito's BB website could refute the info. They didn't. And giving a negative review here is different (since we are anonymous) than on FB where you are using your real name, etc. Assuming this person is a real person, as I doubt very much that she has created a fake life,  friends and history of posts  just to give Dorito a bad review.  We will have to agree to disagree. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

All you have to do is scroll down her FB page and it is very obvious from her posts that she lives in Canada. She has posted various info referring to where she lives.  I have paid custom fees when ordering something from the states, it depends on what I am ordering if fees apply. As I said, if the review was bogus (and I don't think it is) anyone on Dorito's BB website could refute the info. They didn't. And giving a negative review here is different (since we are anonymous) than on FB where you are using your real name, etc. Assuming this person is a real person, as I doubt very much that she has created a fake life,  friends and history of posts  just to give Dorito a bad review.  We will have to agree to disagree. 

Ok, I did not go into the woman's FB page. LOL I would like to see someone else post what their shipping costs were before I take her word on it though. Sadly, I have seen far to many people post bogus reviews about HW products and attack them on SM before, so I tend to be skeptical when I read them. I am skeptical of both the negative and the positive, more so the negative when it is an unpopular HW/positive with a popular HW, if that makes sense. 

It seems this ES didn't read the return policy before she ordered and why would she order it if she thought the shipping was exorbitant, you know the final cost, including shipping before you hit accept/pay. Something is off, way off IMO.

You would be surprised how many people do stupid things using their own names or their real profiles/accounts (like FB, twitter, IG) when it comes to the HW cast members. LOL

But, Yes, I agree to disagree. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

I still think this is a front to launder money

One that is not really a business, but a front for laundering money?

Hmmmm, interesting. Good scam if you can make it work, I guess.

All you have to do is scroll down her FB page and it is very obvious from her posts that she lives in Canada. She has posted various info referring to where she lives.  I have paid custom fees when ordering something from the states, it depends on what I am ordering if fees apply. As I said, if the review was bogus (and I don't think it is) anyone on Dorito's BB website could refute the info. They didn't. And giving a negative review here is different (since we are anonymous) than on FB where you are using your real name, etc. Assuming this person is a real person, as I doubt very much that she has created a fake life,  friends and history of posts  just to give Dorito a bad review.

Yeah, I doubt someone would do all of that as well.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Normades said:

Too clever! Kind of jealous I didn't pICK up on it 

• Love 4
On 3/29/2018 at 12:50 AM, Scout Finch said:

Dorit: There's something burning inside of me.

Me: I hope there's a cream for that.

LOL (I"m sure Erika has the purrfect Cuntkin product for Dorit ;)

Yes, yes, whatever, no kidding. I don't find them attractive either

He (Edwin) has the kind of super-strong features that need the softening of a very heavy five o'clock shadow, imo. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, sol y luna said:

It's MY OPINION. They both have horse faces.

Yes, yes, whatever, no kidding. I don't find them attractive either--in fact, I think Teddi's dude looks kind of like a melting candle. But you made a declarative statement as if other people are wrong for their opinions.

Does it show up with my bathing-suit body (that I truly didn't appreciate enough!) from just few years ago? If so, yes I will pay that shipping charge!

Well...that at least makes sense to an onlooker, I think (whether or not we agree); at least it's clever. Maybe the random cap C is a misspelled attempt at that, haha!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, film noire said:

LOL (I"m sure Erika has the purrfect Cuntkin product for Dorit ;)

He (Edwin) has the kind of super-strong features that need the softening of a very heavy five o'clock shadow, imo. 

He reminds me of Marc Anthony (the Jennifer López one). From some angles handsome; from others—eesh 

He’s a two-face

But he seems like a good guy who loves his wife—which is always a good thing.

• Love 15
19 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The bigger question to me is what business would only offer shipping for $70.24 with no other choice?  One that is not really a business, but a front for laundering money? How many people would you turn off, and would not order due to that ridiculous number? Most, I would think. 

Depending on the store she's using it can be a pain in the ass to set up international shipping.  If they were not expecting to get many international orders it might not have been worth the time and effort to refine the shipping rules for non-US orders.  The bulk of my traffic is domestic so I spent most of my effort on US shipping rules and just put the default in place for the rest of the world for my store.  Looking at her store, they may have gone the same route as there are several shipping options for US addresses.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Depending on the store she's using it can be a pain in the ass to set up international shipping.  If they were not expecting to get many international orders it might not have been worth the time and effort to refine the shipping rules for non-US orders.  The bulk of my traffic is domestic so I spent most of my effort on US shipping rules and just put the default in place for the rest of the world for my store.  Looking at her store, they may have gone the same route as there are several shipping options for US addresses.

Well that's a mistake Beverly Beach is going to sweep the word.

Why I find Teddi annoying.  She is now the only one who blogs.  There is just something about her and her oh so subtle twist she puts on an episode that grates on me:

"This episode I wear glasses, a messy bun, and an oversized flannel — all in one scene. And people say I don't belong in Beverly Hills.

Now, some notes to self that I wrote down while watching:
-Never forget the name of anyone's grandma, but if I do, I should just ask Erika because she remembers everything..."

Teddi knows when the cameras are going to be there so it is her choice how she dresses.  I doubt anyone has ever said she doesn't belong in Beverly Hills.  I doubt anyone cares.  Teddi doesn't live in Beverly Hills.  Always going for the fake self-deprication.  

I get Teddi and Erika are at odds, Erika's point was that she listened to others.  I didn't blame LVP for being annoyed with Kyle-Kyle is a horrible listener and over reacts to things in such a big way.  When Kyle interrupted LVP to ask who is Nanny K, she stole LVP's thunder.  If she had listened to the story it was pretty obvious it was someone living in the home with LVP and Ken-not a person from a movie.  Teddi should have been supportive of LVP-she was honestly hurt.  

It was similar to the film clips of Kyle repeatedly checking her cell phone and taking calls while lunching with LVP. Imagine how Kyle would have felt if while the film crew was filming them LVP was taking calls from the Vanderpump Rules cast and leaving Kyle to stare at her lunch?  I know how Kyle would have felt she would have said it always all about LVP, cried, dropped a few f-bombs and given some snotty talking heads.

I just wonder if Teddi will ever call out either of her new supporters Kyle or LVP?  I don't think she is all that fair to LVP.  Of all people I do believe Erika is the one who realizes the LVP/Kyle relationship is all about Kyle.  RInna thinks it is all about LVP, I wonder if Rinna and Erika will compare notes?  

• Love 5
21 hours ago, grisgris said:

@zoeysmom

So why do bathing suit bottoms have a pocket in the crotch?

Yeah, I would also like to know. I understand wanting at least two layers of fabric there (for the same reason why I don’t understand why some women don’t wear underwear - - ladies, if there’s an opening in your body anywhere, inevitably some substance will come out of it, so isn’t it better to have a garment other than your dress, skirt or pants to absorb it?), but why don’t swimwear manufacturers stitch it closed? I went to the beach and had to pour sand out of my crotch pocket.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 9

I don't believe that Kyle is the sharpest knife in the drawer most of the time. I mean she can't be a total moron and run a chain of successful boutiques (unless she is just lending her name and others do the real work.) I don't think she is able to multi-task in her own brain. She probably can only focus right now on her dismal self-indulgent TV show and moving into the new family home. (Not to mention probably preoccupied with Maurico and the kids back home.)  kind of give her a pass for not immediately remembering who Nanny Kay was.  She didn't have to be so glib about it though, considering the following:

I also think that LVP was more on edge (dare I say sensitive?) than usual. She just lost two beloved pets and had that horrible documentary (meaning the images, not the quality or content) to have to premiere and not help but to correlate the subject matrer with her recent losses.

I have nothing new/more to add about Rinna. Terri or Dorit her swimwear.*  I don't happen to think that Teddi dresses badly. I thought the other women were absurd with the excessive amount of luggage to take on a FOUR-DAY trip, but then, that's part of why I watch this show. It gives me a good laugh and makes me grateful for my substantially more modest life.

*What concerns me, though, is her logo. Isn't that distinct shape/lettering copyright protected by the City of Beverly Hills? Although Dorit is using "Beverly Beach," her logo looks enough like the original one on the city sign that that is what I immediately associated the swimwear with. Not "Beverly Beach" or Dorit. I am sure that she had the common sense to make sure everything was OK. Didn't she? Surely ... /hee!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Why I find Teddi annoying.  She is now the only one who blogs.  There is just something about her and her oh so subtle twist she puts on an episode that grates on me:

"This episode I wear glasses, a messy bun, and an oversized flannel — all in one scene. And people say I don't belong in Beverly Hills.

-Never forget the name of anyone's grandma, but if I do, I should just ask Erika because she remembers everything..."

Teddi knows when the cameras are going to be there so it is her choice how she dresses.  I doubt anyone has ever said she doesn't belong in Beverly Hills.  I doubt anyone cares.  Teddi doesn't live in Beverly Hills.  Always going for the fake self-deprication.  

I get Teddi and Erika are at odds, Erika's point was that she listened to others.  I didn't blame LVP for being annoyed with Kyle-Kyle is a horrible listener and over reacts to things in such a big way.  When Kyle interrupted LVP to ask who is Nanny K, she stole LVP's thunder.  If she had listened to the story it was pretty obvious it was someone living in the home with LVP and Ken-not a person from a movie.  Teddi should have been supportive of LVP-she was honestly hurt.  

It was similar to the film clips of Kyle repeatedly checking her cell phone and taking calls while lunching with LVP. Imagine how Kyle would have felt if while the film crew was filming them LVP was taking calls from the Vanderpump Rules cast and leaving Kyle to stare at her lunch?  I know how Kyle would have felt she would have said it always all about LVP, cried, dropped a few f-bombs and given some snotty talking heads.

I just wonder if Teddi will ever call out either of her new supporters Kyle or LVP?  I don't think she is all that fair to LVP.  Of all people I do believe Erika is the one who realizes the LVP/Kyle relationship is all about Kyle.  RInna thinks it is all about LVP, I wonder if Rinna and Erika will compare notes?  

Teddi has already called out Lisa, when Kyle was upset at Lisa in NY. Now, will she ever call out Kyle?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yeah, I would also like to know. I understand wanting at least two layers of fabric there (for the same reason why I don’t understand why some women don’t wear underwear - - ladies, if there’s an opening in your body anywhere, inevitably some substance will come out of it, so isn’t it better to have a garment other than your dress, skirt or pants to absorb it?), but why don’t swimwear manufacturers stitch it closed? I went to the beach and had to pour sand out of my crotch pocket.

Unless I'm in a dress or on my cycle I don't wear underwear and I've never had a yeast infection. I'm keeping this going. TMI?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

It's just a second layer of fabric to reinforce the crotch area in case that part of the suit wears thin. You wouldn't want it to sheet out and go translucent. In some suits it's also made of a fabric that wicks moisture in order to prevent yeast infections. There are a few reasons but I think most modern suits have two layers of fabric all throughout so the crotch pocket is a thing of the past now.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, rho said:

It's just a second layer of fabric to reinforce the crotch area in case that part of the suit wears thin. You wouldn't want it to sheet out and go translucent. In some suits it's also made of a fabric that wicks moisture in order to prevent yeast infections. There are a few reasons but I think most modern suits have two layers of fabric all throughout so the crotch pocket is a thing of the past now.

Among my acquaintances when the "why is their pocket in the bathing suit crotch?" is employed, it is a rhetorical question.  A friend of mine who was an air traffic controller, at the end of a very long redundant meeting once posed the question, and was met with a response by her boss, "to keep your ID card in while at the beach."

Another explanation for the opening in the lining is seaming it would cause a bump and might be uncomfortable and cause irritation, the other was so the suit could dry efficiently. Where bathing suits usually run thin is usually the rear end where you sit in your suit.  

• Love 6
14 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I believe it is because if stitching were put In that location, it would chafe the labia. Please note that ladies underwear has the same issue.

• Love 7
On 3/30/2018 at 7:33 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

Ding Ding Ding!

PeeKay can say the product is flying out the door. Suddenly they are flush with money that they can spend. Or to the creditors they owe - their investment is tanking and have no money to pay past due bills.

• Love 4
(edited)
56 minutes ago, connieinnc said:

I believe it is because if stitching were put In that location, it would chafe the labia. Please note that ladies underwear has the same issue.

Ugh, I hate poorly placed stitching in that regard, man (leggings, swimsuits, underwear, whatever). Come on, manufacturers--like, think for a minute about where that is going to be on a lady and work around it (literally).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
(edited)

The reason for the crotch pocket:

It is for the visual - prevents moose knuckle and camel toe.

The liner is usually a cheaper fabric and not the same as the rest of the suit - cost saving. It is also usually sewn down on 2 sides only as this brings production cost down. Most seamstresses work on a piece meal basis - if they were required to sew all 4 sides down - labor cost goes up. You would also need to hire better seamstresses for the accuracy of the stitching if you wanted all 4 sides sewn down - this would in turn slow production.

Hope this makes sense

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I've seen about a thousand tweets to Teddi saying something to the effect of either "Not right for RHOBH" or "Belongs on the OC not BH" so that may be what she was alluding to. 

• Love 3

I loved Erica’s totally bogus planning of Berlin activities. “Tomorrow I’ll take the girls shopping then horseback riding.”  Right girl, if you had anything to do with the agenda it would not include a physical activity. She couldn’t even surpress the eye roll. Then the fake call to set up the dinner. She neglected to tell them how many people were attending or even a time.  Then she’s late to meet the girls because she was busy coordinating their trip, not because she avoids being around them until she absolutely has to. Of course the whole reason for the trip was her “business meeting” in Berlin. How surprising that got moved to LA. 

• Love 8
(edited)
3 minutes ago, prettybird said:

She neglected to tell them how many people were attending or even a time.  T

She did say dinner for six but there would obviously be more back and forth with the chef.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, connieinnc said:

See, now I am confused again. No disrespect to anyone, or anyone’s preference, but I agree that seam or stitching could chafe a pretty sensitive area, whether it’s on a swimsuit or underwear. So I am impressed by women who can wear jeans without underwear. Don’t jeans have the biggest honking, chafiest crotch seams ever, in the toughest fabric?

Again, please know that I adore all you posters. No disrespect or offense intended. But I am curious. Thank you. 

• Love 8

So...what did Dorit's old swimsuit line/company used to be called?  If it was so successful, why didn't she stick with that brand name?  What's the story with that?  Why the 'new' name?  I can't help but give a bit of a side eye to this....

As for the gusset in women's bathing suits and underwear (Yeah, for me it's a gusset) and why some are sewn on all four sides, some on three, some only on two,  it's a great mystery of the world and I don't think there's just one correct answer.  Here's some interesting takes on it:

https://ask.metafilter.com/293616/Womens-underwear-built-in-liner

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:09 PM, film noire said:

It's Dorit's porn name.

And yet, even with that, I'm finding Rinna so much fun to watch. I loathed her by the end of last season (every time she'd attack, she'd get that pitbull look in her eyes, and purse those lips and lean in, ready to strike, and she'd look SO proud of herself once she'd landed a nasty little jab) but she is in full image rescue and recovery mode this season, and it's working (at least for me).   Less vicious & lighthearted is such a great version of her - from sprawling-drunk-over-the-bar-sofa with her knees locked together,  to being three beats behind the conversation, to the most oddball combo of past lives ever ("I was a farmer. Or a whore") to tonight's victory shake of the infamous pill bag, she's slowly erasing the ugliness of her last two seasons, which I would have bet could never happen.

What's that in the sky? ; )

flyin gpig 2.gif

And that is why I love Rinna, I just can't quit that crazy woman!   Say what you will about her, she is very smart, resilient and knows how to play the game.  And MOST importantly, she doesn't take herself too seriously which is an invaluable trait on these shows.  Until she turns into a human blow up doll looking piece of trash like Kim Zolziak (it took me years to finally quit HER), I'll be a fan.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, lezlers said:

And that is why I love Rinna, I just can't quit that crazy woman!   Say what you will about her, she is very smart, resilient and knows how to play the game.  And MOST importantly, she doesn't take herself too seriously which is an invaluable trait on these shows.  Until she turns into a human blow up doll looking piece of trash like Kim Zolziak (it took me years to finally quit HER), I'll be a fan.

Yeah I have my HWs I can’t quit either (don’t ask, LOL), but it’s taken me this long to appreciate Rinna because I couldn’t stand the way she acted towards other people. Now that she’s taken a step back, I can laugh along with her a little more.

• Love 5
On 3/28/2018 at 1:33 PM, filmfan2480 said:

Another example.  Season 4 (?) when Carleton (was that her name/spelling?) was telling a very personal story to Kyle and a couple of other girls and Kyle - who had just met her - literally peaced-out of the conversation and flitted away to do something else mid-conversation because it was uninteresting to her in the moment.

That wasn't a very personal story. She talking about her cat killing something and Kyle interrupted her to get wine. It was rude, but also hilarious as all get out.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/30/2018 at 5:53 PM, CrinkleCutCat said:

Apologies to all Erikas who use a K! 

My bad! xxx

Ha! No worries. ;) I didn't take any offense. Here's a confession: I actually share another name with Erika on the show. My middle name is Gerardi. Yeah, my jaw dropped when I found out there was a housewife with a big chunk of my name. Even more amused when I found out what she looked like, because the names are where the similarities end.

Edited by candle96
  • Love 5

Just read something from Rinna’s youngest daughter stating last year she was in a bad way due to an eating disorder.  She said she’s had therapy to deal with it and is better now.  Wonder where she got that from.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, prettybird said:

I loved Erica’s totally bogus planning of Berlin activities. “Tomorrow I’ll take the girls shopping then horseback riding.”  Right girl, if you had anything to do with the agenda it would not include a physical activity. She couldn’t even surpress the eye roll. Then the fake call to set up the dinner. She neglected to tell them how many people were attending or even a time.  Then she’s late to meet the girls because she was busy coordinating their trip, not because she avoids being around them until she absolutely has to. Of course the whole reason for the trip was her “business meeting” in Berlin. How surprising that got moved to LA. 

Don't forget the "culture" tour that started at 2pm!  But she clearly researched/ had been informed re the meaning of the Holocaust park, I was a bit surprised she knew/remembered.

That dinner?  Jeez, who needs to dress up to have dinner in a hotel suite?  And Erica, you don't need to wear a hat if you never go outside!

• Love 5
On 3/28/2018 at 2:52 AM, WireWrap said:

Watch Kyle, she really doesn't listen, she just spaces out and smiles when others talk about their lives. I am pretty sure, Lisa does know Kyle's grandmothers name as well as all of Kyle's nieces/nephews names. Lisa listens.

That was actually weird. Personally I hate it when people allow me to talk and talk and open up (I seldom do) and then they forget everything I said straight after. My mother is like this, she is a very kind person but she never listens to me, everything I say just goes right past her and it hurts a lot. I on the other hand have a terrible memory of names and all that, but if people tell me anything I listen and I always remember what they were talking about and where we were when they told me. I might have to ask about some details like names but just hearing a certain name will bring back a memory of them talking about it. I think memory is just so different for people, and when people reach a certain age (around 50 give or take) it can start being strange. Not talking alsheimer´s but I know so many people around 60 with ridiculously bad memory. So I will give Kyle some benefit for this strange lapse. But I also get how Lisa would be annoyed by it.

Talking about Lisa, she is just the best. I considered fast-forwarding through the cinema segment, but I didn´t. I just can´t take these videos that show the animals suffering in any way. I hate nothing more than child and animal cruelty. I admire Lisa and Ken so much for their activism. I used to be on twitter and had Ken on there, and he was always posting something about animal cruelty and he obviously cares a lot (he´s my favorite on any of these shows, such a great and fantastic man). I had a terrible nightmare the other day where I was reading Lisa´s biography and she hinted at hating cats, called them the world´s most terrible animals or something, and it felt awful. I´m a cat-person through and through, so that was pretty much not what I wanted to hear, lol.

• Love 2
On 3/28/2018 at 6:39 AM, Mindthinkr said:

When Dorit was unpacking her outfits in Berlin, each put together ahead of time with a photo on the front so she’d know how to wear it...uh nope. Not buying it. I doubt she’s so organized in her daily life (and scribbling on those swimwear sheets until the wee hours) that she could coordinate them, photograph them, pack them so they wouldn’t wrinkle, and get them into her luggage. I’m betting there’s a secret stylist behind the scenes doing this for her. The only part of Dorit packing that I believe is her choosing her makeup and personal grooming items. 

I'm late to the party, and forgive me if this has been mentioned (I'm not at the end of the thread yet), but Dorito had a stylist put it together for her...along with descriptors of when to wear a sweatsuit! ( "casual day" was indicated on a bag with a Chanel sweat suit) I paused the TV to see what the sheets of paper said. Sure enough, a stylist was credited for the work - you can see her name on the top left section of the paper for each garment bag.

• Love 3